Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Black Lily

Breathtaking darkness, a vision of grace in shadow.

I love lilies, its my favorite flower and I have tons of them planted in front of my house. So I know what lilies smell like... and this is it. It smells like fresh lilies with a touch of dark musky powder. It stays true thru wear to the initial smell and has a good throw. I like this one alot. Edited by Shollin

Black lily was devastatingly horrible on me! :cry2:

I poured over the reviews & since most lily scents work on me, I thought I couldn't go wrong. I was So wrong on this one. This was a decaying lily that wasn't pleasant.

So far, this is the only lily that didn't work. Sad. I really wanted to love it.

:ugh:

Oh, lily. I want to like you, I do.

But straight to soap, as usual.

I like you, you just don't like me!

Black Lily, freshly applied, is all blooming lily. Just the flower itself... there's little, if any, hint of the rest of the plant. It's a softly sweet floral, full-bodied yet not too heady, with just a hint of high tartness. It has a lovely creamy quality, and I'm not sure if that's just an exceptionally awesome lily note or if there's a dash of something like vanilla hiding out in the depths. This does feel darker than the brighter feel I usually get from lilies, largely because the lily seems to be steeped in a base of dark amber and/or musk, which does, as usual, go powdery on me, but in an appropriately perfumey and multifaceted way, since the floral notes retain their freshness and touch of creaminess for a good long while. Fresh it was really nice, but the dry-down is really nice too, soft and fairly simple, but dusky enough to be intriguing. I like this at least as much as I like the brighter Cobra Lily. Lilies, a floral I can love! I'm picky with florals, as even the pleasant ones often strike me as a bit dull somehow, but this imp's definitely a keeper. :heart:

This is officially a winner. To my nose, it's a Lily floating in a glass of red wine to me. (more wine than lily) It strikes me as a kickass layering scent and I want to try it with EVERYTHING. A little lighter than I'd like though. OTOH, will need to retest for strength of scent when I wasn't silly enough to put something obscenely strong (SN Frankincense, quite aged) on the other wrist.

4-5 hours later I cannot stop huffing my wrist. The long delayed drydown has a beautiful, slightly sweet amber with a pale hint of the wine from before. Still love this. Still need a barrel. (Still thrilled -- it's been a while since I've tried a new GC scent that I loved!)

Edited by Muppetk

In the imp: Lily and a hint of vanilla!

On my skin, it disappears quickly! But it seems the same on me as it was in the imp. Actually very lovely, and not as dark as I first thought it would be! Very creamy! Yum!

In the frimp, I get lily, and what I think is black musk. Not sure, just a guess. On me, I get this beautiful lily scent with this dark undertone, not sure what it is, but it's absolutely gorgeous. Bottle, for sure.

Edited by Venneh

Okay, I have NO idea what's in this (I hate vague descriptions), but it's a lot nicer than I was expecting. It does smell sort of like a lily, but there's also a sharp note like carnation or marigold. It's not too floral or the wrong kind of floral, soft and spicy and green all at once, and feminine without being overly girly. It doesn't change significantly over time, and staying power appears low-to-average; 7 hours, and it's getting faint. Bottom line: to my surprise, this one's a keeper.

wet - very green sharp lily scent. reminds me of synthetic airfreshner lily smell.

dry down- much the same. still very sharp green scent on my skin. not for me :-(

imp: lily and... some sort of cola drink. odd.

wet: this is just straight-up lily.

dry: this dries pretty much the same, a soft lily scent. i was expecting it to amp but it never did, it stuck close to my skin and stayed very gentle.

I would do a long review, but...really...it smells like lilly. Green, freshly cut. I can almost smell the moisture in it. Nothing black about it!

This is a deep and true lily.

I don't get that ethereal glowing-lady-of-light lily from this one.

This is a true dark somber green lily in all senses. There is a dark black musky spice undertone that keeps this anchored. Now I really see why it's labeled "black" lily. Stays the same from imp to wet. Then a slight black musk comes out in the drydown to deepen it.

I appreciate it however this doesn't really work well on me.

lab fresh imp

in the imp: light white floral

wet: sweet, creamy, white floral. there's nothing black about this.

dry: delicate, white floral- really feminine. the word pretty comes to mind.

Lab fresh frimp.

Wet, It's Lily but fresh green lily, not soapy lily. As it drys down slowly it becomes less pungent but is a true lily. Not soapy lily. I do like lilys and i can very much imagine a bunch of open green and yellow lillies in a vase, their pollen bright orange red.

Further drydown the scent gets a little darker. I can't smell the real lily any more but it's still not soapy (woo!). However I'm not sure it's something I will wear. Nice though. 2.75 out of 5 from me.

In the imp: Freshly mowed grass, water, and lily pollen

Wet: Green grassy lilies!

Dry: Perfume with grass. Floral perfume, although I can't really put my finger on what floral. I know it's lily, but I don't really get lily from this. Not soapy at all, though! But green and white and pleasant and womanly. Very strong throw and lasts all day.

Overall: Most lilies go soapy on my. Not this one. Although it's not all lily and I do love the smell of lily, but not on me. Maybe I'll use the imp, but I prefer the sweet and pretty Tiger Liliy.

This is gorgeous! It's a deep, creamy lily scent. I'm not sure what else is in this blend could be amber or some sort of musk, maybe a touch of vanilla.

Whatever it is I want more.

In the bottle - A very sharp, green lily

Wet on me - Still a green, slightly soapy lily, but surprisingly warm feeling

Dry on me - A soft, clean lily scent

Overall - Considering I don't really like the scent of lilies, even in real life, this isn't all that bad

I agree with previous reviewers - this smells florally (but not like lilies - at least, not like Imperious Tiger-Lily) and green wet, and dry a warm, sweet scent grows up behind the floral/greens, almost like vanilla. For someone who doesn't like lilies or too-green scents, Black Lily is one of the better ones. For me, it's nice to sniff once or twice, but not to smell all day while wearing it, so it'll probably be given away.

Hmmmmm, this lily is a green lily. At first. The green fades after a bit, and this is a very pleasant lily. Not soapy on me at all!

This is a very good floral, but I am rarely in the mood for florals anymore. Quite nice, but I am definitely more attached to my Phantom Queen!

Hmmm...... If someone had given me this in an unlabeled imp & asked me to guess what is was, I'd say "something sweet / sugared, but not foody. Like sugared musk with a touch of floral". There is no green in this scent. The sweetness fades somewhat as it dries and out comes a touch of something like sweet clove. I like this! Florals are mostly scary on me, but this is quite pretty.

Black Lily

This started out as a true-to-life lily. I could even smell the pollen!
Turned out musty and gross like a grandma's house. :ugh:

I love lilies. They are, without a doubt, my favorite flower.

This is an amazing lily smell. True to life, much much better than tiger lily, my previous favorite. It never goes funky on me like some of the other ones can. I really can't say more than, go smell some lilies, and this is that!

Very realistic lily when wet. As it dries, a dark musk comes out. This smells like something a sophisticated more mature woman would wear. That being said, after a bit, the musk dominates, and I LOVE it! Very sexy and dark with a touch of sweet lily. I certainly will enjoy the imp, but the middle stage is a bit hard to wear.

ETA - this is my first official review! :joy:

This was a frimp tossed into a swap. I didn't even have Black Lily on my radar as one I'd want to bother trying. But - gOh, my God(dess)(e)(s)! This one didn't even make it past the general "oh, look, a freebie" sniff test before I was gooping it onto my wrists and neck, sniffling and snuffling like a pig after truffles. Holy crazy yummy scent, Batman! Dark, seductive, mysterious woman in the woods, veiled in shadows and hooded and cloaked; you don't know what she looks like and you really don't care, because she's got to be beautiful any way you dice it. AND, it's an intelligent scent, complex and balanced. What a winner!!! Stays true to scent while drying, good throw and lasting power. Bottle me up, Scottie! :wub2:

Edited by Medievalmaniac

Very green at first, then dusty cream, and then -- finally -- the lily. Very soft, light floral and not at all dark.

Oh, wait...there's some musk in there, too. Musky lily still isn't that dark.