Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lunalight7

Oils with the strongest throw or sillage - the most noticeable scents

I'm a bit surprised that no-one has yet suggested Whitechapel for lilac.

The only reason I didn't suggest it is that I always think of it as being very light, but it does tend to last and last. So, yes! If you have any inclination at all towards Whitechapel, please do try it. Much love for that one.

Wolfsbane and Ultraviolet both have AMAZING staying power on me; so does Jailbait (but that assumes you want to smell of bubblegum and naughtiness, which, hey, you just might!).

You might like Swank - it lasts FOREVER with lots of throw - very fruity. I'm also looking for more throw with something more spicy.

Love me lasts all day long on me.

I have to be really careful with the amount I put on.

I agree, Love Me has nuclear throw and staying power. I am a very heavy header with all BPAL oils except this one, you really shouldn't slather Love Me.

Edited by Mrs.Black

Mme Moriarity has major throw and lasting power on me. Whenever I wear it I get comments (good comments, mind you :P ) from people who can smell it from at least a few feet away, if not from across the room. It also lasts at least a good 6 hours or so on me, which is a long time on my skin! I usually slather with abandon, but with this blend I am a little cautious since I don't want to bowl people over!

At least on me, the musky blends have the most throw. I think I compared Embalming Fluid (w/musk) to a few other citrus types w/out musk and found a lot more throw w/EF. The same thing just happened w/ florals: Zorya has musk and way too much throw for me. Some of the other florals without musk settle a bit closer to the skin.

So, even if a scent isn't "dark" the addition of musk can send it airborne.

Edited by themerrybaker

Fragranced oils always work so much better with my skin, and yesterday I tried La Belle au Bois Dormant and the orchids/white florals/tropical blooms in it sang like crazy with my body chemistry! Sillage was to be had by all!

The scents with the most throw are the ones you hate. :D

OMG YES. Death on a Pale Horse was strong enough on me to kill, well, a pale horse. :P You could smell it from a mile away. I couldn't seem to wash it off, either.

The scents with the most throw are the ones you hate. :P

Strangler Fig nearly killed me, I washed and washed but I was never CLEAN.

Luperci and Scherezade have a lot of throw. And, ya know, actually smell good. I'm looking at you Strangler Fig, very disapprovingly.

stuff with jasmine and red musk have the most throw on me.

sometimes if it's the right lemon blend, it will totally clear up all my sinuses....and the people near me. shoggoth is one of those. :P

ETA: wow i just had a post a few posts up. well i added something new so....haha

Edited by klavierbarrette

I like to be smelled. I like leaving a trail of mystery behind me. I want my fragrance to be just as easily detected at the end of the day, is it is when I first put it on and here are the best I've encountered so far: Dragon's Musk, Haunted, Phantom Queen, Vixen, Loviatar, Whip, Sin, Lucy Westerna and Chimera. :P :D

Interesting that the notes in each differ tremendously too. :D

Just found out that Arrival At The Sabbath And Homage To The Devil (god that's a pain to type out) leaves sillage that can be used to track you down a hall, a flight of stairs, another hall, and out a door. Not bad! And it's still nice in close quarters, not overwhelmingly strong.

...not that this got tested immediately after I was tracked down the hall, stairs, hall, etc or anything.

Just popping back in to second (it was mentioned before, right?) that Luperci has a crazy amount of throw. It definitely creates its own little scent bubble when I wear it, which is a good thing! :P

Of my favorites, the ones that have the most throw on me are easily Black Dahlia and Tempest. Both of those work wonderfully with my skin chemistry, but geez... if I don't apply really sparingly, there's no fixing the situation. I don't personally mind being overwhelmed by the smell of my BPAL (sometimes I even find it strangely comforting) but I doubt other people feel the same. :P