Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
luxuria

Snow Bunny

Not so spooky, right? Here's to finally being able to hit the slopes again! Soft white powder snow with a touch of youthful girlie perfume.

I don't know why I dissed this one last year (two years ago?)- perhaps because it does resemble Snow Moon, which came out at the time. Trying it again the second time around, I appreciate its uniqueness. It does start off with the "snow" note which makes all the winter scents smell identical to me, but the drydown is pure fluffy sweetness. It's very girly indeed.

I love this, I really do. It's light and a little sweet and a little chilly and all around wonderful. The only problem, and it's a big one, is that my skin devours it and within a couple hours, I can't detect even the slightest hint of the perfume on my skin. So while I adore the scent, I don't really feel the need to acquire more of it. I wouldn't ever wear the poor thing. :P

Snow Bunny starts of really strong and then suddenly keels over and disappears. Like that.

Wet, it's a chilly, high-handed floral, the kind that tends to make me want to sneeze. Also, very sweet. Uh, really girlie. Maybe it's just my age talking, but this reminds me of a teenager's perfume.

Only as it begins to dry down does the pine or whatever it is that is making that slightly green scent come out, but it's very very subtle. Too subtle. I want more pine! However, there's a fizzy ozone-type note in there which is really amazing because it does almost smell like snow in the sun... if snow smelled like flowers. However, something is needed to arbitrate between that note and the psycho-florals. Something darker.

I just don't know what to say; I expected not to love Snow Bunny when I read the words "youthful girlie perfume", but every review that said "pine" made me itch to try this out (it was a last minute addition).

All in all, I am not sure that I would have ordered this bottle had I tried a decant first. It's too ungh for me; even though I love florals, I tend to like the unsneezy kinds. I'll try this a couple more times... if not as a perfume, it could make a nice linen spray. Or I could try to give it to my sister, she loves the sneezy floral perfumes.

2/5

p.s It smells a lot better if I never, ever put my wrist to my nose and just get the waft. Food for thought.

Edited by obsidienne

Snow Bunny 05

In Bottle - Pine and flowers! Oh my lots of flowers, when Beth said “girly perfume” she wasn’t lying!

Wet on skin - More pine, and still very flowery, this is kind of strong but is evoking exactly what I thought of when I heard the phrase “Snow Bunny” defiantly what I was looking for in a winter perfume.

Dry down - The snow note finally comes out and makes a perfect backdrop, this is my perfect winter scent. I absolutely love the sweet girlish piney snow and floral combination.

Overall - Its wonderful don’t know how 05 compare to 08, as I got 05 off of Ebay just this year, but man I’m kinda wishing I had orderd an 08 version too...just in case I run low. :P

Edited by RottenLullaby

This one was definitely a pleasant little surprise. Having never smelled the original, I wasn't quite sure what to expect with the 2008 version. It packs quite a punch in the bottle and after initially applying it and reminds me of another BPAL that I can't quite place--Schlafende Baigneuse, maybe. Anyway, it's very fizzy, fresh and crisp yet sweet and girly. It's rather tart and the perfume, thankfully, is not an overwhelming floral but rather an unusual almost citrus-y floral yet it has a very winter-like quality and does actually remind me of mountain snow. As others have said, it doesn't last very long. I've had it on for just over an hour and it is quickly fading away. Other than that, it's unusual and I like it. I have a feeling I'll be pulling this one out of the BPAL box pretty frequently!

Edited by vegasblueblood

This is a review of the 2008 version. For about a half an hour, Snow Bunny has the same slushy snow note as Perchta, which I ended up liking, but unlike Perchta it does not have anything interesting going on in the background. Luckily, the snow note melted away and left behind a soft veil of something sweet and pink. I didn't get a really good sense of it, but it was definitely soft, a little powdery, and not especially fruity. I would like to spend some more time with Snow Bunny and figure out what exactly is going on in it. Its one of those scents that perfectly embodies its name. Perhaps the best way to describe this is "cute" - it's perfect for those days when you're feeling young, giggly, or both.

3/5, for now.

this is nice, but it smells like some of kind of mass-produced perfume I already own. too generic.

I agree with this. It's nice but a bit too generic for my liking. Glad I got to try it though.

I am learning that my skin seems to amp all the evergreen scents. In the bottle, this was just as described, powdery snow and girlish perfume. I absolutely adored it. On my skin, it smelled just like I'd skied headfirst into a pine tree. *sighs* Unfortunately, this one's not for me unless I just use it as a room scent. Which IS always an idea.

2008 version

in vial: very soft and light, not sure the specifics of what I am smelling.

wet: for sure bpal's snow note is the strongest and first thing I smell, which lends itself to coolness without using mint which I hear some people hate but always one of my faves :P

...after a few minutes. I"m not really smelling the girlie perfume its all snow and strong!

Dry: Now I'm finally getting the hint of a light perfume. The snow note has faded some, not much, and is now blended with soft perfume. This is certainly not bad but I don't really see what all the fuss is about and why bids for this were so high on ebay. Each to his own.

Snow Bunny smells very piney and even a little citrusy (grapefruit, maybe?) on me at first. After a few minutes, that fades into the background and the "girlie perfume" starts to come out. It ends up sweet and is definitely very girly, but it fades quickly -- I've had to reapply every two or three hours.

'05... reminds me more of the snowy element of Cloister Graveyard. A pure snow scent, which I adore.

'08... is nothing like the original on me. I get the initial hit of the snow that I adore, but then it turns itself over into the "girly perfume" part and stays there. No snow after five minutes. Disappointing...I'll have to start going after '05 decants again.

In the decant: A fun, girlie scent. This is probably what the color pink would smell like if colors had scent!

Wet on skin: The scent was MUCH sweeter in the bottle. It’s a bit bitter now…

Dry on skin: No change… Now if I had to give this scent a color, I’d tack it with sage green. Such a disappointment that it couldn’t be pink on my skin!!!

(This is the 08 version) Honestly, I love this scent! It's sweet and lightly snowy (a bit of pine maybe) and after a while of wear a teeny bit of floral peeks its head in but it's gone almost before you can notice it was there.

This is the type of thing I would wear if I didn't want something too strong, but still noticeable. It's definitely everything I thought it would be and more.

ETA: I tried the 05 version and it smelled almost the same but there was some funkyness to the smell that I couldn't quite put my finger on... Maybe it was just my body chemistry acting up that day or something but whatever it was I didn't like it.

Edited by unlaced

Wow! This goes on as a burst of evergreens and powdery snow, with almost a citrus twinge to it. After its initial scent-burst, however, it quickly fades and in a couple hours I thought I'd detected it going sour on me (a problem I'm having with a lot of the Yules--I suspect it may be the snow note). However, Snow Bunny never goes 100% sour and icky on me. Instead, it stays soft and subtle in the background, and eventually fades out after a few hours. I never did get a sense of the "girly perfume" at all. Interesting.

Initial thoughts -> Hopefully it smells exactly like the description :lol:

imp-> The girlie perfume is stronger than I anticipated. Very sweet and airy though. I think I'm detecting a hint of super sweet evergreen?

wet-> The piney note immediately takes center stage. Thankfully the sticky-sweet aspect of that note has faded. The light perfume takes on almost a behind the scenes roll.

after a while -> It's nice, but I get a slight headache from this. The scent is very light, so I have to do up close sniffs to even catch a whiff, and that resulted in a headache. Not really the fault of the oil though :P

Snow Bunny

2008 version

Where have you been all my life? I dabbed you on my arm and thought you were softly pretty while you were damp. I forgot about you as I played a video game and then when I sniffed my arm an hour later, OMG yum! Soft and sweet and girly and wonderful and oh holy crap you're about to be discontinued must order bottle NOW.

I like this one. :wub2:

2008 version.

In the vial: Pine! A white pine, and I already think that this is not going to end well.

On me: Commercial perfume, lightened by snow, brightened by pine. At first the commercial perfume is the dominant aspect, but the pine quickly overwhelms. Bright, astringent, and strong, it's just too much for me. I had to wash this off.

Verdict: Absolutely not my scent and not a keeper. I'm learning that I truly hate pine, and this is a shining example: it's too astringent and too strong, and I can't stand it. Even without the pine, the underlying commercial floral perfume doesn't appeal to me. I'll pass along my imp.

2008 version:

On wet..sweet sweet pine and that great BPAL snow note that I love. Icy cool and fruity.

Drying...a little more girly/floral but still the sweetness dominates. This actually reminds me a lot of The Snow Maiden which is one of my all-time favorites.

I've read some people compare it to being similiar to nuclear winter so I decided that sence I was getting :bow: Nuclear Winter I might as well toss in a Snow Bunny to try. In the begining this is a really nice pine, similiar to the pine note in Nuclear Winter but then the 'girlie perfume' comes in. It doesnt smell girly to me at all. Instead it smells like something not even my grandma would wear :sick: The begining is nice...but not the end.

I got a decant of the '08 version in hopes that it would remind me of the fun I had skiing as a kid before an injury ended the fun downhill times. In the imp it smells like frostbitten flowers and icicles, with maybe a delicate hint of pine. Wet on skin that pine vanishes and the flowers start to warm up, and "youthful" and "girlie" really are excellent descriptors. I want to say I smell a tea rose in there, but I'm not sure. But dry it takes on a fruity note and all of that coolness is gone. Alas.

2008 - WHOA nellie...holy piney perfume. Sheesh. This is very strong when on....about 15 minutes in...that pine disappears, and the sweet, girlie perfume I was looking for comes through. I do agree with a lot of the women here - it doesn't last long, surprising with how strong it is to begin with!

Snow Bunny 2008

This was THE perfect scent on application. It was crisp and cold but very feminine. Unfortunately, it dried and when that moment occurred, this lovely little scent turned into the Killer Bunny from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Srsly. It was SO cloying that it went for my throat and refused to allow me to breathe. I had such high hopes for Snow Bunny, but all I can say about it is RUN AWAY!! RUN AWAY!!

Edited to correct tense...

Edited by voodoocatwoman

This is white! A smidge of pine. A slight background of Snow White. Florals, although not anything I'm overly familiar with. I'll keep an imp of this, but otherwise, I think it's a swapper.