Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Aredhel

Lick It

What else could possibly be more lickable at Yuletide? This is a candy cane perfume, minty, sweet and sugared.

This is very much a candy cane at first, but it turns into a very cool, vanilla peppermint scent on my skin. It's surprisingly pretty, but it disappears on my skin.

Ah well. It was a great scent on me while it lasted. Which was only about ten minutes tops. Edited by Shollin

A delicious vanilla peppermint without too much sweetness. This was light and airy and very holiday-ish on me. Sadly, it didn't last very long. And, ultimately, I think mint is just not my thing, sadly. However it is absolutely lovely for those of you that do get along with mint.

Throw was short, duration about two hours.

I got to try my sister's bottle of Lick It while I was visiting for Christmas! It starts out a bit weird on my skin, but as it dries down it goes through a period of perfect candy cane bliss. I love it, love it, love it. Unfortunately, soon after this brief period of perfection, the mint vanishes, leaving a nice sweetness which fades soon after that. It just disappears completely! I may get some anyway, because I love that brief period of candy cane perfection, but I'm not sure if I need a whole bottle since it vanishes on me so quickly. Sigh!

I've decided that Lick It is peppermint crack.

I swapped for a decant--just an imp's worth--because I have this thing about smelling like stuff I'd normally want to eat, and so I was sure I wouldn't like a candy cane perfume.

Boy was I wrong. *sniffs wrist*

In the vial, it smells exactly like a candy cane, true to it's description. Wet on my wrist it explodes with this wonderful, sinus-clearing peppermint that still manages to maintain a hint of sweet. This is nothing short of aromatherapy--and for me, better than TAL's Concentration. It's invigorating. And yummy!

After five minutes the peppermint rush is gone, leaving a soft, lovely vanilla with a trace of mint that fades and fades until it's just vanilla and my brain is screaming "More peppermint! Now!"

That's when I re-apply. And figure out how much of my budget I can allocate to stock up on Lick It, along with a roller bottle so I can carry it with me always. At this rate, my imp will last less than a week, so the Lab will be hearing from me very soon.

In the meantime, it's back to my little glass vial for another hit, and then off to whore myself out on the swap forum for more :P

Edited by Inanna9

This is a great winter scent. It reminds me of my Vanilla Mint Crest toothpaste which I love so. The drydown is more of a mild vanillay scent after the mint is gone. But applying frequently and sniffing will help the ole winter sinuses!

The bottle is so pretty- a pair of red lips licking a candy cane!

I got mostly peppermint and vanilla, possibly with a hint of spearmint. This dried down to a very soft one-dimensional mint on me-- but within 10 minutes the mint faded away and I was left with what smelled like white musk and vanilla. I tried this as both a room and skin scent, and although it's a nice minty sweet scent, it wasn't amazing enough for me to keep... (being on a conservative BPAL kick, and all...eek.)

I guess I am used to the pure punch-you-in-the-face peppermint oil that I use in my oil burner; when I used this in the burner, it smelled like it was something that would be better used as a perfume, and when I used it as a perfume, the mint whined that it could not stay long on my skin and would rather be used in a burner. Hm.

Sweet peppermint and a touch of vanilla. This was a dead ringer for a candy cane on me and I adored it. I say "adored" because I just don't wear minty anything that often and so this was donated to a Christmas Swap at our local LARP. The person who got it - very very very happy :P

Lick It starts out with a huge burst of peppermint on me. I adore mints and this blend was no exception. :P

It dried down to a creamy vanilla mint that made me lift my arm to smell every 5 seconds. I'm sure my family thinks I'm going bonkers but this scent is just wonderful. I don't think I can add anything else that hasn't been said. Definately am getting another bottle of this wonderful Yule scent!

In the imp...

Peppermint mixed with a boozy (?) scent.

I wanted to like this... I really did.

On my skin the scent was still minty ~ but, on me, after about five minutes it went into some kind of an herbal scent, mixed lightly with mint.

On the drydown (on me) the scent all but vanished... after an hour I could not detect the fragrance, at all.

:P

Candy canes! and something boozy... maybe gin???

The boozy note quickly fades (15 min) and a perfect sugary minty candy cane note remains!

This is such a fun holiday scent!

ADDED Jan. 19:

OMG this is good!

Peppermint heaven! I don't like candy canes (except the fruit kind), but this smells so yummy!

It faded quickly, but it's a marvelous room scent!

In bottle- candy canes!

On me- more and more candy canes! Yes, this smells exactly like a candy cane which is FANTASTIC. I'm getting that strong mint with just a hint of candy vanilla. The mint is very strong, and I'm getting the traditional mint skin-tingle (oooh, shiver). The only change I notice in this oil is in the latter stages, when it seems to get just a bit earthier on me. I have no idea what the notes are, but it shifts from being straight up candy canes to being something a little more grounded, still with a very dominant mint note.

Overall this is a winner, and an oil I love to wear.

Lick It is the perfect candy cane scent wet and in the bottle: it's got that sweetness that keeps it from being pure peppermint -- sugary deliciousness. Once it dries, it turns into Antique Lace's candy-crunchy sister. Absolutely perfect, a vanilla with a minty edge. Love.

I had high hopes for this one, but it just didn't work out.

Wet, it's a lovely peppermint. As it dries, a cookie-like vanilla comes out; while it's still pretty good at this point, I can smell that same plasticky undertone I got in Black Opal. In its final stage, which comes a mere 10 minutes or so after I first apply it, I get nothing but plasticky vanilla. And faint plasticky vanilla, at that.

Oh well. :P I'm debating whether I should give/swap this away or try it in the oil burner.

In the bottle and wet this smells sharp, one-dimensional, minty. After a minute or so to dry, it becomes a very very nice peppermint scent--sweet but not sticky, minty but not sinus-stabbing, present but not overpowering. Very cute!

This is simple and worth gobs of adoration. I mean...peppermint, sugar, and a touch of creaminess when worn? What's not to love. It even quelled my nausea when I wasn't feeling well.

I gave this a 4 out of 5 stars. Love love love it!

Snagged from a lovely cohabitant of the alchemylab LiveJournal. :D I've been dying to try this one as it seems to be the unexpected hit of the Yule blends, but I can't afford a bottle just now, so syrenemyst hooked me up with a super-full Imp. :P

In the Imp: Creamy and sweet. Vanilla and a bit of mint and something sugar-slick, just-- big surprise-- like a candy cane.

Wet, on skin: Whoa peppermint! There's something in here that smells faintly medicinal to my nose, but I can't think of what it is. It's round and slightly plasticky and very familiar.... oh! I know. This, to me, smells like toothpaste. Not the kind you use at home that comes in a tube, but the stuff that dentists employ, the minty variety that's packaged in a little single-use tub. Peppermint and something else.

Oh. OH. Uh-oh. I know why I think "dentist's office" when I smell this, now. Sweartagawd I'm picking up hints of latex in this. Like the gloves dentists use, or.... um...... :D LifeStyles' Kiss of Mint condoms. Yep. Unmistakable. In fact, it's a little uncanny how much this smells like a Kiss... It's not a bad scent, by any means; in fact, I think I'm rather fond of it. If I get a little farther away, the throw is peppermint and creamy vanilla playdough. Er.... ooooohkay.

I must admit that, despite all this, I still like it. It's making my arm tingle in a cool, pleasant way, and the hints of latex I get are bizarrely pleasant. (I feel like I should send LifeStyles a congratulatory letter for making safe sex gear that smells as good as one of Beth's blends!)

Drydown: The playdough recedes, leaving me with a close, gentle waft of vanilla, what could be sugary musk, lingering hints of mint... and, you guessed it, Eau de Condom. Well, this one was certainly an odd experience; my chemistry has been playing merry hell with stuff that usually works on me, lately, and I'm quite sure the plasticky note is just my skin reacting badly to something that's in the blend... and I'm not too happy about the way it messed with this one.

Verdict: You know, I'm just not ready to let this go yet. I'm going to age my Imp and hope that the funky background burns off the same way the playdough in Snow White is reputed to. And I'm going to give it another go post college applications, as well; my stress level could definitely be making things wonky. So.... I guess this is a wait and see, but unless things change, I won't be buying a bottle.

Woe.

at first: this smells EXACTLY like candy canes! lovely!

on: candy canes. sharp peppermint and sugar. so far, in the mint department, this kicks snowblind and nuclear winter's asses

half an hour later: sweeter, but with something dark underneath.

1 hour later: a sweeet mint.

2 hours later: sweet and light. dry.

overall: this is pretty, but i don't think i'll use it much. once again, tulzcha and nine mysteries are much nicer on me.

In the bottle - Unsurprisingly mint. Peppermint to be precise, and something chalky.

Wet on me - Pure mint, pure and simple.

Dry on me - Humbugs, hard mints with a creamy toffee centre, that lasts and lasts.

In Bottle: Vanilla and mint

On Skin: This is a super sweet candy cane. Yum! It reminds me of a scratch-n-sniff sticker I used to have, and also the Strawberry Shortcake doll named “Mint Tulip”. It is so sugary and pepperminty, not sharp which is what I was worried about. If I smell this for too long I may start licking my wrist. No wonder it’s called Lick It!! What a great holiday scent!

Vanilla and mint. Emphasis on vanilla for my skin.

Some blends the vanilla works, some it goes plasticky. Bye-bye Lick it. I had high hopes for you...

I had high hopes for Lick It because of a LE Celestial Seasonings tea from Christmas 2004--it was called "Candy Cane Lane" and had peppermint and vanilla bean in it (along with other things that seemed unimportant). I loved the tea and waited for its return. It didn't come back for Christmas 2005 (or at least I wasn't able to find it at any supermarket I stalked for that month) and left me heartbroken for my favorite tea, a box of tea I'd been rationing all throughout the year, and now never to be found again.

Which brings us to Lick It. I was hoping Lick It would be the perfume version of Candy Cane Lane--after all, both predominately have peppermint and vanilla notes. I'm on the fence; I love the peppermint and vanilla in this, but there's an off note in it and I can't figure out what it is (kind of reminds of what I think is the lunar note in Beth's lunar oils, if that helps). It gets stronger too, as time progresses and the vanilla and mint fade. But, it's delicious to sniff in the bottle so I may have to keep it just for that. It does make me wonder what Snowblind smells like though, in my quest for a scent that smells like Candy Cane Lane.

Lick It!

This is probably my favorite in a wide field of extraordinary Yule scents this year, which surprises me because I usually go for the deep, complex blends. There’s just something about the smell of a candy cane, though, that makes me grin and lifts my spirits, and Lick It! is the exact scent of a really good candy cane. Not too sweet, not too vanillary, not Curiously Strong peppermint – just a perfect blend.

It doesn’t change dramatically when it hits my skin – still perfect candy caneness. As it dries down the peppermint fades, as mints are wont to do, but never completely disappears, so the ultimate dry down is a rich, warm vanilla with faint peppermint blended in. It lasts for hours on my skin.

Lick It!, BTW, makes a superior solid lotion bar, and I suspect would be fabulous as a shampoo and conditioner. It’s also an oddly soothing sleep scent, and lingers until the morning, on me.

:P

:P :D :D I am head over heels in love. When I opened the bottle, it was like coming home.

I love peppermint...I love LICK IT!!! The peppermint stays, but blends perfectly with the vanilla and sweet sugar notes...