Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Luna

CLEANSING - PURIFICATION - IMAGINATION - DREAM WORK
EMOTIONAL GROWTH & HEALING - MYSTERY - VEILING - DECEPTION - IMPULSE
CAPRICIOUSNESS - BEWITCHMENTS - GLAMOR - DELIGHT - PLEASURE

Courtesy of the Celestial circular swap!

In the imp: Soft, fruity florals.

Wet: Jasmine and ylang ylang. It's very soft though and not at all overpowering like jasmine and ylang ylang can be on me.

Drydown:The jasmine and ylang ylang are still there, but I've figured out the fruity note that's tempering them. Cherries! How lovely!

Final thoughts: This is such a soft, gentle scent. I would love to have a bottle of this, if I still could!

Gimpage! Thanks Lab!

In the vial: Cherry? If it is cherry, it's most certainly mixed with something else. It almost pops.

Wet: Oh good god, get it off! Ew! Bug spray! It smells JUST like the spray my mother used to douse me with when we'd go camping. *shudder*

Drying: Ahhhh. Better now. The bug spray is gone. Now I smell...honeysuckle? Something soft and comforting. I know that smell! I wish I could identify it. This smells summery!

Dry: Honeysuckle, maybe sweet pea. This smells very similar to Aeval, but without that plastic smell I get. Very nice. :P

Overall: This is nice, but I don't think I'd wear it all that often, especially with the stomach churningly odd bug spray stage. :D Silly body!

Pure jasmine. Iit's reminding me of the Tarot: The Moon scent at first, rather than one of the lunar blends. Possibly night-blooming, given the inspiration for the scent.

A light, mellow jasmine tea is the only impression I get from this -- not the sharp jasmine that sometimes bothers me in blends. Perhaps there's honeysuckle in there as well, as it dries down. This is probably the nicest jasmine I've ever encountered, and I'm not fond of jasmine in wearable scents.

It's as peaceful and soothing as the sight of a full moon over a field of white flowers.

In the bottle: Smells like Venus but with lunar oils

First on: Yellow hard candy. The little ball kind.

Drydown: This is a great scent for daydreaming (or night dreaming too I suppose). It's very calming and floaty. I really like it.

I've worn this at work when I knew I was going to ahve a bad stressful night, and just sniffing myself would help me to calm down before yelling at guests.

Luna - a giftie from the Lab!

In the bottle: Gah, I'm bad at ones without scent descriptions! Bright, sweet candy and light florals.

On me: Sunny, almost cloyingly sweet, and floral. I'm tempted to say this has lotus in it. And jasmine, maybe? A floral bouquet!

Drydown: This one's a bit too floral for me, or at least too many florals I'm not completely fond of. It reminds me of the problems I have with "white flowers". whenever they come up in a description.

Horrifically ylang-ylang wet. So so strong that I can't get over the syrupy floral scent. Too bad: I'd love to love this one.

OMGOSH

This is the most exquisite one I have yet to try and I am totally hooked.

In the bottle I detect jasmine, almond, cherry and some other unidentifiable notes for my untrained nose. A perfect oil for magickal workings for sure....

One word of warning: Dont drink it :P

All in all this is a 10 on a scale of 1-10

Edited by ~AmusedMuse~

Bottle (Imp): Hmm, perhaps a hint jasmine, and minty? More mint than jasmine though.

Just On: The jasmine gets stronger, and I can't really smell mint anymore.

An hour or two later: More jasmine than anything else.

Around 6 hours: Still pretty much jasmine, but it's not such a bad thing. It's really pretty decent in this case.

12 hours: Bare hint of jasmine.

Overall: I'm not a big jasmine person, but in this it works fairly well. This still doesn't make a big bottle list for me, but I'm glad to have tried it, and it's pretty neat in general.

After reading other reviews: I wish I'd gotten the sweetness that others did. This doesn't give me strong associations with the moon, but it is beautiful in it's own way.

Rating (on skin): 1/5

Summarised in a word or two: Honey.

In the imp/bottle: Bitter almond and honey?

On skin, wet: This is definitely almond (or, at least, almond to me) and a sweet honey.

On skin, dry: After ten minutes, all honey. Thick, cloying, syrupy honey. After an hour, there's also something vaguely floral, but by then it's so faint I can't discern what *sort* of floral.

Conclusion: This isn't me. Had the honey not been so overpowering, and that floral popped up sooner, this might have been great.

Edited by Aredhel

Forgive my short-ish review, I had to write up a bunch of reviews quickly as part of the Celestial swap circle...

Sweet floral, light, slightly aquatic, and very pleasant. However, to me it smells like the "base" for a lot of the lunacies - perhaps these are where the traditional lunar notes come from? On balance, while this was nice, there are a lot of other blends that are similar which I prefer.

Well I honestly don't know what this smells like, but man do I like it! It's light, airy, mysterious, feminine and enchanting. It's a white floral, but there's a wonderful breath of soft, perfumey goodness. This is what a moon goddess would smell like. Thanks so much to Gin for providing me with an imp. I've waited so long to try this one, definitely worth the wait. :P

121866816.jpg

In the bottle

Something aquatic, pretty. Soft and still yet bright.

On

A wonderfully feminine blend. Not particularly floral hough there are some florals in here, maybe jasmine. It's light and aquatic but not in a "Hymn" way. This has got some body to it. I swear there's white lotus in here but I couldn't tell ya for sure. Jasmine for sure and maybe some Honeysuckle or Almond? I also think I smell Eucalyptus? Lily? Mugwort? Dunno.

30 minutes

Doesn't morph much, it turns a little dusty on me (as lotus does on me) but this is slight and doesn't interfere with the overall beauty of the blend.

It's along the same scent "vibe" as Blue Moon but less outward. No cucumber as in Blue Moon, this is more still and inward than Blue Moon.

Throw:

Average

Scent category:

Aquatic floral

Summary

This is a beautiful scent that is as wearable as it is a "working" blend.

Definitely a "Yin" blend...but with some presence and it has the desired effect one would expect from a Lunar blend.

Purchase again?

Yes indeed.

1-5 rating (5 being best)

Edited by UltraViolet

I got this in a swap.

In the imp, I do get a hint of almond, which I love, but alas, it doesn't smell like almond at all on the skin. I do get white flowers, but not jasmine--or at least it doesn't smell like jasmine on me.

It could be ylang-ylang as I am wearing another scent with ylang-ylang on the other arm and there is a similiarity. Y-Y doesn't work well for me....

Overall, it is a sweet white cloud, with just a touch of greenness. I can see how it could be associated with a summer moonlit night in a tropical place.

Its ok, but not me. But I also didn't like The Tarot: The Moon, and I'm only able to wear a very select few of the lunacy blends, so likely its just me.

From the Celestial swap.

White floral, maybe jasmine. Slight fruity scent cherry or more possibly plum. Smells sparkling and bubbly, something like 7-up or champagne. I've never distinguished ylang-ylang before, but it might be that. Effervescent is the descriptive word. :P

Three cheers for the Celestial Swap!

Luna is a soft, slightly musky floral in the bottle. It could be jasmine, there might be some violet, but it's too soon to tell....

From the moment the oil hits my wrist, Luna becomes a light, elusive second-skin scent. I can detect some juicy berries and fruits wafting through the flowers, but the overall fragrance is so subtle and well-blended it's hard to tease anything out.

Luna is a transparent and ethereal scent.

I can't pick up single notes, but they are blended in a smooth, light and feminine perfume.

Just lovely.

a bunch of floral action going on in this blend.....i normally like heavy florals but this was just way too overpowering for my chemistry :P

Interesting.

In the bottle: whoa, cherries. And something sharp, almost antiseptic. I didn't think I would like this.

On: The cherries and medicinal smell disappear almost instantly. I'm left with a white floral scent. Florals aren't normally my thing, so I'm not the best at identifying notes, but there is definitely jasmine and, early on, possibly honeysuckle. Ylang ylang lurks behind the flowers.

Usually florals stick around on me, but this vanishes in less than half an hour unless I slather.

This might be one straight-up floral that I keep, because it feels so calm, unlike the heady feeling I normally get from flowers.

First on, Luna is cherries and sharp herbs. It keeps making me think of thorny wildflowers growing by a dusty road. It makes my throat feel tight when I smell it. Poisonous flowers and poisonous fruits. In the drydown this gets a bit sweeter in a fruity sense, but I'm also catching whiffs of white florals and an aquatic twang. The white florals get stronger over time.

This smells very pretty and very dangerous. I can't shake the impression that this smells like a beautiful garden full of poisonous plants.

I kind of like this, but it's not something that I can ever wear. It literally makes me feel like my throat is swelling shut and I'm suffocating :P

luna.jpg

I wanted to love this one as I love the name and the concept. Alas, it was not to be. Redolent with jasmine, with a bitter almond fanfare announcing the entrance of that jasmine. Oh, at first I thought I would really like Luna. what a neat combination, so rarely done! But then tragedy struck, it turned on my skin like a snake and that wasn't good for my head.

I would recommend this to jasmine fans, aquatic fans, and those who are hopelss romantics. This could be your Holy Grail. That almond opener is just inspired, and it's still original as it can be. My loss.

If I'd read the reviews before trying Luna, I'd probably never have opened the imp - anything cherry/almond makes me recoil in horror.

Luckily, I get no cherry or almond from Luna. On me, it's pure white floral. I'm pretty sure I smell jasmine, which is usually not a good note for me - but in Luna, it behaves.

A very clean, light and feminine scent.

Luna starts off being strongly jasmine and ylang ylang, then getting stronger with the jasmine (ha, who knew that was possible?). It was nearly all jasmine when lotus made its appearance, giving it a watery sort of quality, yet ethereal at the same time, like looking into the moon's reflection in the water. Then, the lotus gets stronger, and the jasmine isn't as strong, so it's watery, not so ethereal, and makes me think of looking at the water at night (but not the moon's reflection). Finally, it gets soft and sweet and very ethereal again. This is where gardenia takes center stage. Mmm, so sweet and pure!

Luna is all soft, sweet, clean, sparkilingly feminine white florals! *lovely*

It's very sweet, but the jasmine note isn't at all as overpowering as it tends to be in some blends.

Luna reminds me of sitting in a slightly overgrown-semi wild garden of nightblooming flowers.

In the bottle this one is very much bitter almond/ cherry. On my skin it started out very sharp. Then a floral note came out. I'm guessing it's the jasmine. There is also a hint of what I'm guessing is honeysuckle. I'm not sure how much I'll wear this one.

eeh. this smells like jasmine. nothing but jasmine. well.....okay, jasmine soap, like at bath and body works. That wouldn't be bad, 'cept it makes me sneezy. :P i can see where the idea of honeysuckle is coming fromthough. i think i'm gonna put it away and try agin in the summer.

edited cause i can't spell.

Edited by crescentwench