Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Thorne

French Love

A warm, soft, sexual blend. Sweet and alluring. Used to entice new lovers and add an aura of temptation and carnal sin to your environment.

Ahh, French Love! ...but French people stink, isn't that the word on the street?

In the vial: Oh so red and sweet. My boyfriend really liked the smel of it, in fact he preferred it to all the others in my order of imps and frimps. I was iffy.

Wet: Whoah!!! Thus with a kiss I die. This is soooooo strong on me. Totally sour and sweet and floral and spicey...whoah!

Dry-down: More spicey and floral, but with that sweet and sourness in the background. Still too thick and strong.

After 3 hours: Boyfriend says it's sexy...I'm a bit annoyed by it. The sweetness became more lickable, and less striking which was a good thing.

In all I will use up ther imp but not buy a bottle. I usually wear scents very heavy as I looovvvve smells, but this was just too overpowering for me. Shucks! Edited by Shollin

Well, I'm always looking to 'add an aura of temptation and carnal sin to my environment.' So French Love was a must-try. The Labbies threw this in as a frimp in my latest order (thank you!), and I have to say, this is a Voodoo oil that I would buy a bottle of not just for the effect, but for the scent!

It smells to me like an idealized version of those iconic candy conversation hearts! It's really kinda scrummy, and my boyfriend thought it was nice too. :P I get dragon's blood, lilac, and the tiniest brush of ylang ylang.

I think I might be wearing this on Valentine's Day, layered with Smut.

French Love is a pretty cool color (rosey dark pink/nearly red) and it's kind of warm, sweet, tangy and spicy (what a combination!) both in the imp and on my skin. Somebody said this earlier, but this reminds me a bit of those candy "conversation" hearts, the pink ones (kind of spicy and sweet)... with florals and a bit of sourness mixed in. There's dragon's blood resin in this and I can't identify the other notes although the floral, I'd imagine, is white/purple/pink.

Wet: Dragon's Blood and maybe something spicy without being cinnamon or chili, like nutmeg.

Dry: Light cherry-like dragon's blood mixed with a deeper and somewhat drier woody spice. It is nice and has no jarring notes or reason to dislike it, but I do, somehow.

at first: i think i smell dragon's blood in this. it's very light and soft.

on: darker. definitely dragon's blood, but with some other notes.

1 hour later: mostly dragon's blood. very light and pretty.

2 hours later: dragon's blood and a bit of something earthy. very sensual.

overall: this is a very sexy sort of scent. i'll be keeping my imp.

In the imp: dragon's blood, and something warm and something floral in a herby way - lavender?.

On me, wet: oh, man, dragon's blood and vanilla. This is like Dragon's milk without the honey taking over. I can smell the herby floral note behind it still, too.

On me, dry: hmm, that floral note has started to come forward. It's starting to be a little bit soapy on me, and I don't think of floral soap as being very sexy. Still, I do like a good dose of dragon's blood, and that's still there faintly in the background.

Verdict: Mrm, I'm not sold on this, and the SO seems underwhelmed. There's nothing *bad* about it, but it's just a bit generic and boring on me.

French Love

Floral, vanilla sweet, warm... Sort of artificial but still cosy to begin with. As it dries it gets more plastic and sharp and soapy at the same time as it's sugary sweet. The floral note reminds me of dragon's blood, which I can't stand.

"Carnal sin"? Not likely. More like "not tonight honey I just got a headache from your perfume"

The name, of course, attracked me, so I put it on. It's like dragon's blood, but there is something else there. Something intriguing. I kept wanting to sniff it more. I never figured out what it was; it kept slipping away everything time I got close.

It doesn't react the same as dragon's blood - it stays more true to form with little morphing. Not bad. I think I'll keep the imp around for a little bit.

I don’t particularly want to entice new lovers, as I’m distinctly happy with the one I have, but temptation and carnal sin are always fun. :D

First sniff: The candy-red oil screams dragon’s blood, and that’s the first thing I smell – that warm, deep, happy cherry-resin.

Wearing: I :P dragon’s blood. Dragon’s blood and… honey? Or maybe even a restrained jasmine. There’s something wonderfully sweet and light in here that I can’t identify.

In the bottle: roses, something fruity like cherry or peach, jasmine? On: yup, rosy fruity jasmine. Not me. Nice, but not me. Further research reveals the fruity note is dragon's blood resin. Off to the swaps. I hate roses.

So, this is my first time smelling anything with resin, especially dragon's blood. I come to you with an open nose -- er, mind.

In the bottle: Oh dear God, what is this? Red? I honestly have not smelled anything like it before. My first thought is, "No way am I putting this on my skin." But I soldier on...

Wet: My first thought after applying it? "Dry off, dry off, dry off!" It went on way too strong on my skin. The smell, which I still couldn't place -- roses? vanilla? -- was overpowering, at first, but then...

Dry: It dried into this wonderfully warm scent. I still can't place it, but it does have a bit of a vanilla scent. It's not your traditional floral scent, but I do get a hint of florals from it. Maybe jasmine? I don't know. But I think I like it.

French Love

In the imp: dragon’s blood, and a sweet floral, most probably lilac. A very pretty floral scent, made redder by the dragon’s blood.

Wet on skin: it sweetens nicely once on the skin…maybe there’s some vanilla or jasmine in here, maybe both?

Dry: this is lovely! I smell lilac in here, gorgeous sweet lilac with another floral which I know I’ve smelt before but I can’t remember what it is, and a sweet vanilla like background-sweet and sugary-it may be amber. I also detect a hint of something powdery-maybe violet? And possibly a touch of musk and spice? And, of course, a hint of dragon’s blood, adding a hint of its red, bittersweet warmth to the scent. But it’s mostly the perfect sweet lilac. And it’s got impressive throw!

After a while: the scent remains a sweet lilac-vanilla/amber/musk, I think I also get some violet, and still that little hint of dragon’s blood, which isn’t too strong, and just a little bit of spice. It’s a lot deeper and richer now, and it wafts like crazy (a trend I’ve noticed with the more ‘amorous’ voodoo oils!)

And then I smell…baby oil. Yup, baby oil. Only this is amped up by lilac and other scents. I actually really like the smell of baby oil so I’m not complaining. I’m assuming there’s a skin musk in here now, as some of the ‘warmed, flushed skin’ scents I’ve tried also have a baby oil scent to them. I think I’m getting a hint of ylang-ylang here as well…yes, that’s the sweet and heady floral note I knew I recognised before, it is ylang-ylang! Over time, the musk, lilac, vanilla etc merge nicely together, and this scent becomes more exotic and sexy on drydown.

Verdict: this is a very pleasant scent, and one of the nicest lilac scents, and one of the nicest dragon’s blood scents I’ve tried. It starts out as a ‘red lilac’ which I know doesn’t exist but if they did, they’d smell like this-sweet and nectar-y, and warm and slightly spiced. The dragon’s blood is discreet here, but it enhances the scent nicely. I also get ylang-ylang. There’s a lovely vanilla tinge to it all as well, very sweet, and over time, a ‘baby oil’ aspect arises, and then the scent becomes a delightful lilac-musk! Sweet vanilla lilac musk with hints of ylang and spice and dragon’s blood. Very sexy indeed, and also quite playful and light hearted in it’s sexiness. I don’t think I need a bottle yet as I won’t be using it for it’s purpose until I get a man in my life, but I love the scent and will use up the imp!

Smiley rating: :P

Edited by yeahbutnobut

This blend is warm and red. After a while it gets a little too enamored of my skin and goes all crazy and loud.

Oh WOW. This is an immediate top tenner. I didn't know what to expect from this one, but not this! When I opened the imp my first impression wasn't on anything French, but Hawaii. The first thing that springs to my mind upon smelling it is piles and piles of hibiscus blossoms and white orchids.

I've never smelled dragon's blood, so I can't really compare it to that.

On me? Well, smell aside, it stays bright pink! I normally slash the top of the imp container across my neck, and I looked a bit like I'd been attacked. I had to rub it in.

It smells amazing though. Now some more notes are coming out. A little bit of spiced something. And something does smell a tiny bit soapy, and there's definitely something musky in there. Oh Man. I wish I hadn't just placed an order, because I need this!

In the Bottle: Spices. A bit of cherry cough syrup and slight floral hint to it. Sweet but not too sweet.

Wet: Everything is blending surprisingly well and it's hard to pick out individual notes. It's sweet with an edge, and slightly soapy...if that makes any sense.

Dry: Definite cherry note, but not to the point where I want to gag which was what I was fearing. There's a slight kick to the scent. Not bad but I still don't think it's me.

Could not test the voodoo properties sadly.

Part of a swap with the lovely LUSHarick. She's awesome, y'all. :D

In the Imp: Dragon's blood! And florals! And that faintly green cooking spice smell that accompanies all the Voodoo blends (what is that?) Not bad. Not great, though, either; reminds me rather a lot of Dragon's Blood (the blend, not the resin), and that gave me a raging headache. We'll see how I fare with French Love.

Wet: Strong, nose-tingling candy-like dragon's blood and flowers, accompanied by spice and something just slightly metholy... is there mint in here? No, seriously, there's something that's making my nasal cavities zing in the same way that mint does. Or cough medicine. Is this 180 proof or what? *puzzled*

Dry: The tingly note has died off, leaving a floral blended gently with dragon's blood, a light musk and spice. This is pleasant, but not distinctive-- then again, I know the idea isn't to be distinctive, and I will test it again in.... appropriate circumstances. :P But, for now, this isn't smashing me over the head with its loveliness.

Dragons blood is the thing that pops out in this scent for me, then soft flowers, possibly roses and peony. If any of you have read the story "The Loving Cup" this is the scent that always comes to mind whenever I read about that love potion. Soft and sure persuasion.

As for the voodoo properties, my boyfriend warmed up to it right away.

French Love - Wow, is it ever succulent and sexy! It's strong with the resinous scent of dragon's blood and the color is strawberry red, but there's something in it that rounds out the scent and makes it creamy -- perhaps toasted vanilla or toasted coconut? I think there may be a touch of amber in it, as well. As it dries down, another note peeks through -- is it lilac? Gardenia? It's hard to tell. It has the very slightest "soapy" hint to it, but I only smell it when I have my noes right up to my wrist, and that's certainly not going to stop me from using it. Otherwise, it has excellent throw and just a touch of this swaths me in a veil of the most incredibly sexy scent that definitely riles up one's senses into a frenetic frenzy. I would love to have a 5 ml bottle of this.

Frimp in my re-shipped order, which was shipped remarkably fast. Probably wouldn't have ordered it myself since I'm not any kind of religious, but boy am I glad the lab sent me this. It's extremely sexy, at least to me. Mostly dragon's blood and cinnamon Red Hots, spicy but very sweet. There must be some kind of floral in there too, 'cause that's what I'm getting. Maybe jasmine, but not killer jasmine of doom or anything. I didn't think I was much of a floral girl, but I think the lab might be causing me to warm up to them a little.

Rating: 4.5

Can I get a gallon of this? French Love enchanted me enough to prompt me to finally write my first review.

I ordered this one primarily hoping for the voodoo properties but the scent has me absolutely mesmerized. I must have rubbed some on to my steering wheel in my car, but there's a whiff of French Love in my car that actually makes me sit in my car and slowly breathe just to inhale it.

French Love takes me to a long, warm, sultry summer night with a full moon and a sky full of stars. Somewhere in the dark, a nightingale is singing his love song. The night scents surround me, the warm air caresses me and I'm drifting in the twilight on the edge of contentment. And the best effect is the amazing pair of arms holding me... Maybe just holding me, but definitely with the possibility of a lot more.

This is a scent that reminds me with each breathe that far beyond sexuality, sensuality, comfort, pleasure, care and love is wonderful between people and treating myself well.

I can't say anything about the voodoo properties and I'm loathe to experiment until I have more than just an imp. I don't know if it'll do anything between me and whoever I might cross paths with, but it's certainly been good for being good to myself!

I've already ordered a bottle and this will be one scent that I always have. I'd soak in it, if I could.

Maimun

In the vial: Hm, not quite like anything I've smelled before. There are florals, but a sharpness as well.

Wet: The sharpness amps up initially and then fades into the background

Drydown: It softens as it dries down, but still remains a very intense scent. It gets up my nose a bit, though it doesn't actually have much throw. Ylang ylang seems to be the dominant note.

On wet, this has a faint "Big Red" type of smell. A juicy, slightly spicy, "redness". After the initial drydown, I get a definitive dragon's blood. It ends up morphing into a soft pink bubble bath type of scent though. Like the big pink bottle of "Mr. Bubble"... not a full-on SOAP note, just a frothy bubble bath. Pretty nice. I'll probably keep this imp around for a bit and see how it works on the husband. :P

Softly floral, dragon's blood, a hint of spice. Soft, yes. Sexy? Sorta, yeah. But my skin turns that sorta sexy scent into soapiness, which I don't think is very carnal or alluring. Too bad! :P

In the imp: Alright, let me try to not molest the imp... crisp yet heady florals, magnolia, gardenia, a slight bit of tea rose? Something slightly powdery and soapy.

First on: Faintly powdery, lightly floral, and like almost every love oil blend I sniffed while in many botanicas in NOLA.

After a bit: It still has a slight powder like note, but I'm thinking it's from a floral, because it's neither rancid or overpowering on me. Man this stuff reminds me of the scents wafting through Sallie Ann Glassman's backyard or her botanica (Island Of Salvation).

A bit more: There is something slightly taudry skirting the edge of this overall light and fresh scent, some quite secret, some giggle in a cloak room.

I simply adore this, and find it hard not to drool all over my hand, not in a raunchy lustful way, just a slight hunger way.