Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The Goddess of Persuasion, Seduction and Sexual Wiles. A member of Aphrodite’s retinue, she is also Aphrodite’s daughter and sister to Tyche and Eunomia. Lusty myrtle and jasmine with red sandalwood, stargazer lily, and clove over an opulent, rich bed of warm musk and bourbon vanilla.

In the bottle:
Jasmine!

On me:
This is very strong on the jasmine and myrtle at first, but surprisingly, I don't mind it too much because the myrtle works really well with the jasmine. Eventually the musk and vanilla start warming this up and making this a very comfortable floral. I would say this scent is womanly, and almost commercial perfume like. I don't mean that in a bad way, it just makes me think of perfumes like Ysatis. The vanilla and musk are lovely in this, and I think I detect a little bit of sandalwood, but it's never very strong in this blend.

Final note:
This is a nice warm floral - it's not so floral that people like me wouldn't wear it. The vanilla and musk work wonders for this! I know that I would like a 5ml at some point, but I'm still not decided if I like it enough to get one right away or not. It is very unique though, not quite like any other BPAL I've smelled before!

I ordered this, hoping that the clove, musk, bourbon vanilla and sandalwood would be the main components of this scent, with just a dusting of florals on top.

Wrong. Like most other folks, I got mostly jasmine here. (And the lab's jasmine is very nice and "true" on me compared to most, but i just don't like jasmine generally.)

After a few hours, I still got no clove or sandalwood, but there was a touch of musk and sweetness (though not really distinguishable as "bourbon vanilla") mellowing things out a bit. But not nearly enough. (Or quickly enough.)

In Bottle: Musky vanilla.

On Skin: The sandalwood and musk are richest… with the soft floral myrtle, jasmine and lily gently shining through. The vanilla sweetens this scent up and the clove gives it a nice light spicy kick. This is BEAUTIFUL. Very feminine and sedustive. Warm and captivating… the description fits it perfectly. The florals are so perfectly balanced with the other notes that they don’t dominate the scent, I love that.

This is a very feminine but sensual scent. It's floral, but a creamy, slightly powdery floral, and the clove gives it a little bit of oomph. I don't get any sandalwood, unfortunately, but I'm sure it's there somewhere grounding the blend. This is a night time scent, but not in the traditional sense because it is rather light..it's like moonlight on the night sky.

I want a bottle! I wasn't sure if I'd like this or not but I'm quite enraptured.

Mmmm Vanilla and sandalwood on me. It smelled so marine like in the bottle that I was surprised by the scent when I put it on. It still has a marine (aquatic) scent to it through out the six hours that I could smell it, but the vanilla faded and the sandalwood stayed strong. A nice mingling of scents full of great memories. :P it's so good!

girly, sweet and warm, this reminds me of a couple of other lab florals, pele and desmonda if they met and became friends :P. I like it alot, it's not crisp or dry, but rather soft florals supported by sweetness and warmth. I cannot detect any of the individual notes at all from wet to drydown and usually I can.

Upon drydown i do detect the same light musk from dorian, or at least I think I do :D

Very very nice, but I must remind myself not to sniff florals while testing other scents. I have voodoo on one arm and peitho on the other, both are fabulous in their own right but voodoo makes for sexy and well, it makes peitho seem so... mmmm.... tame :D

I like jasmine, clove, and vanilla; sadly, what I got from this was a mix of floral and musk. It's not by any means an unpleasant scent, but it's a little too sweet and floral for my taste. The vanilla did pick up a bit after I'd had it on for several hours, but that wasn't enough to save it. Another swap candidate; someone else will be much more than lukewarm about it, and they're welcome to my imp!

Ooohh, I like this! Upon applying it I immediately notice the jasmine, but it's soft and not cloying. It seems to be tempered by the stargazer lily and a faint touch of vanilla. I get a little sandalwood and I don't know enough about myrtle to pick it out! This is beautifully mixed, crafted so well that not a single note stands out too much. Upon the drydown, I just receive a sensual, warm mix of faint florals with a deep undertone of musk. It's so subtle, but so good. This is a keeper, and it was a gift from the lab, too!

Initially, this reminded me so much of Kali without the chocolate note. I'm not entirely sure why, but that was my reaction.

Freshly applied, the lily and jasmine come out to play. The jasmine is a well-mannered girl today. I can even catch the hints of vanilla and musk in the depths at this time. These notes come out more as it dries. Upon drydown, I am left with a lovely light boozy vanilla musk scent.

Quite a lovely scent. And....I got my very first "you smell good" compliment today because of it. So, I hope I'm not being too biased. :P

Peitho

In the imp: a soft, sweet floral. Jasmine, lily and vanilla.

Wet on skin: mmm! This is delightful, that soft vanilla floral scent. It's mainly a gorgeous lily note with gentle jasmine and vanilla.

Dry on skin: this is so nice! It's a very gentle scent, it clings close to the skin, but the scent is a wonderful blend of vanilla, soft musk, lily and jasmine. The vanilla in here is truly delicious, mingled with a fabulous stargazer lily scent, just like those huge pink lilies with their beautiful fragrance, with freshly bloomed jasmine and a lovely musk note. The more I sniff, the more I fall in love with this.

After a while: oh my word, the bourbon vanilla and lily become even more pronounced, richer and so genuine smelling, it's like I'm sniffing my mum's vanilla pods in a room with a big vase full of lilies. The jasmine softens the blend along with the musk, and the throw has improved greatly, it's like the scent has warmed up and blossomed wonderfully on my skin. It's also a lot sweeter now.

Verdict: wow, this is one of the loveliest, softest vanilla florals. It's sweet and flowery without being too heady, cloying or overpowering. The notes in here are truly magnificent-lily, jasmine, gentle musk and a divine vanilla-and they all combine to create a beautiful, feminine scent that enchants and desires and is compelling and addictive to sniff. I need a bottle!

Peitho

In the bottle this is soft and sweet. Vanilla and florals mixed together. Once on it gets a bit sweeter and I can see the similarities to Antique Lace. Suprisingly the sandalwood is subdued and I can't really get any clove. I'm not sure if it's only the myrtle that's lusty or if that refers to the whole blend but this is a very innocent scent to me. It has good staying power and doesn't really morph beyond the soft sweet stage but I still quite like it.

provenance: lagniappe from the lab!!

i don't know what myrtle smells like, so bear that in mind.

in the imp: jasmine.

on my wrist, wet: jasmine and spicy, heady lilies.

on my wrist, dry: subtle, spicy and sweet. i'm picking up sandalwood and vanilla notes now. there is something else as well, something deeper. i'd say musk if it didn't hate me so much. it smells the way that musk does on others....

drydown: this stays close to the wrist (which could be because i have namaste on my other wrist, and it has amazing throw!) and has blended into a swirl of vanilla spice floral woods. i don't get clove per se, but the spice is definitely there. this is a YUM, from someone who doesn't like florals.

I was nervous about this one. I don't like Kali at all and I don't like the perfume Ysatsis, so I was shaking in my boots when I tried this sucker on.

God, do I love it!

This is a very grown-up perfume. Nothing casual about it. On me it's a formal, dressy kind of scent that is laden with lily and jasmine.

Many BPAL blends remind me of other BPAL blends. This isn't bad, since I adore BPAL. But this blend is unlike any other BPAL I've ever tried, and I've tried many!

Rich, opulent, heady. Nothing at all like Love's Baby Soft on me, although I was kind of sad about that. I loved Love's Baby Soft! Still, this one's a stunner.

In the bottle: Sandalwood and jasmine. An interesting smell but one that is still nice. Makes me think of my red De who brought some BBW shower gelw ith her the last time she visited. There's also something vaguely food. It's nice and completely not something I would have ever chosen to try. I'm so glad my friend sent me this one.

Wet: Sandalwood. Sandalwood and jasmine, which I adore as a smell in its own right. It stays close to the skin as a scent but still has a nice aura to it that's just divine. I can detect some of the lily under the sandalwood and the jasmine, but it's not turning sour on me quite yet.

Dry down: Jasmine. This smells a lot like the jasmine and vanilla body frosting I got from Skindazzles. I really liked that scent even though it wasn't quite what I had been expecting when it arrived. And, yes, there's the bourbon in the vanilla, too, which is just kinda yum. On me this is turning into a nice vanilla, jasmine, sandalwood scent that's sexy and warm. I don't have a lot of warm, sexy scents. I tend more toward fun, fruity, flirty ones. The girl whose always an inch out of reach. This is woman waiting in bed for you. Jasmine vanilla mostly with just a hint of the sandalwood.

Dry: The jasmine is really the strongest scent in this, which isn't surprising as my skin loves to amp up jasmine. I'm surprised the bourbon vanilla hasn't been eaten, though. And the sandalwood is the perfect base for this. This is lovely. I'm not sure I'd want to wear this enough to get a whole bottle, but I'll so be using the imp.

Peitho is beautiful. A soft, sweet, powdery jasmine that reminds me both of Lush's Silky Underwear and, in a way, Antique Lace. It's very feminine and relaxing. I find myself reaching for it as a sleep oil.

:P

I had high hopes for this, but it starts out smelling somewhat generically floral (I need to remember to avoid jasmine notes, they always come out like drugstore perfume) and fades relatively quickly. No clove on me. The bourbon is there a wee bit, but the vanilla musk not at all.

Sigh. Sad.

This is the most gorgeous jasmine BPAL ever! :D I am not normally a fan of BPAL's jasmine note--it smells heavy and one-dimensional compared with the exquisite 10% jasmine essential oil I have. But blended with the myrtle and lily, spiced up by the clove, and softened by the vanilla, the blend takes on a heady, intoxicating, incredibly seductive quality--a spicy, very slightly woody (the sandalwood is barely noticable at all), womanly floral with a soft vanillic base.

The most elegant BPAL I've found yet, and one fit for a goddess of love :P

I'm not a huge fan of florals, but this had Vanilla and Musk and Sandalwood listed, so on some crazy leap of faith, I ordered a 5ml bottle.

Oddly enough, in the bottle, it doesn't smell like anything. :P

Putting it on, the Jasmine & Sandalwood are rather sharp, kind of soapy and a bit harsh, but I know that this is just the wet stage. And I'm right.

After having had this on a few hours, it erupts into a soft & wonderful blend. BPAL Jasmine is usually a bit too sharp for me, but this one is much softer and different than most of the others I've tried. The vanilla is just barely there, softening the jasmine, the musk & sandalwood form a dizzying base note and the whole thing is just GORGEOUS. I'm not picking up on the clove at all, sadly (I think my skin tends to ignore that note), but I'm not really missing it.

Even if you're skeptical with Jasmine blends or florals in general, you may really like this. It's soft, clean smelling, pretty. Reminds me a bit of those finely milled guest soaps, but without the super soapy part.

I'll preface this review by stating that I've already purchased a 5ml of this based on how much I love the imp's worth I have. Peitho is a gorgeous blend of jasmine, vanilla, musk, and sandalwood. The lily does not overpower here and the clove gives it a little roughing up around the edges. It's a creamy, dreamy floral.

I just :P Peitho!

I got this one for my little sister, who loves stargazer lilies. I am not a jasmine or musk fan, but, of course, I have to TRY it!

In the bottle:jasmine, wet and sweet.

On, wet: jasmine...so stong :P

Drydown: hmmm....this is getting...yummy! The jasmine is calming down, getting soft, and there is a green note of myrtle.

Dry:ohhh, the vanilla/sandalwood is warm and creamy! There is a small bite in there...the clove..it is just a love nip(!), not readily identifying itself as clove. I do not smell any of the musk note that usually does not work on me. It just smells~young and sexy.

This scent reminds me of Lancome's Poeme, which is one of the few florals that I have ever liked.

It is like pink cashmire...soft, seductive, classy.

Without a doubt, the love goddess's daughter!

Definately in my top 10. Who knew? It is BPAL magic! :D

Edited by lookingglass

At first, this smells like a nice commercial perfume on me, mostly jasmine and sandalwood. I get a heavy, sweet, "red" impression from this - probably a bit too heavy and sweet for me.

But then it lightens up - and it's mainly just jasmine. Sadly, jasmine is one of the florals I'm a bit lukewarm on, and with my chemistry this blend turns a bit generic and just doesn't stand out the way I thought it would. Not a bad reaction, by any means - but just not really "me."

At first, strong sandalwood, which goes a bit powdery on me. Then the jasmine takes over. This is nice--very pretty and sophisticated. I wish I got more vanilla/other florals, though.

This is an interesting mix of florals and vanilla. I wouldn't normally put the two together...it seems like florals would go sour next to such a sweet note. But this works surprisingly well.

In the bottle, it's a very jasmine rich scent. I smell a touch of musk, but mostly jasmine.

On my skin.. the vanilla and lilies bloom. I don't smell much clove, but perhaps that will come in the drydown. The sandalwood and vanilla seem to be fighting for dominance over the heady florals. I'm not sure I like this wet.

Drier... This has a nice throw, very vanilla musk with a touch of floral. Close up it's still a little jasmine ridden for me. I'm not sure about this one, it warrants further testing. I do like the scent that wafts.

Peitho: Very nice blend, when first applied It is mostly jasmine but then if starts to warm up into a vanilla musky with a bit of spice. The Jasmine is still there but it is way in the background. It is a great spice blend for hot weather without being to heavy and strong. :P

peitho.jpg

This is a blend which you either love to distraction or it's not you. I have seen people enthuse about Peitho over and over so I had to try it. I was expecting floralness in rounding bounty and it was surprisingly smoky in the wet stage! Could it be our goddess is sneaking a smoke behind yonders cumulus? Amidst the jasmine beds? That's sure what it smells like. I think it's pleasant and pretty, very feminine. She's a bit of a scamp, this one.

There is a lingering smoke in the halfway to dry stage, the jasmine comes out more (and it is very very nice jasmine, too), it starts to evolve a candy like background to it. This is becoming fun

Finally, it turns into a Grand Lady scent. Heh! Going from the sneaky schoolgirl to the grown up goddess? Yes, it does. The candy like aura is there in the background but it's very faint, and it has turned into a classy jasmine floral with just the hint of a curl of a smile about her lips. I can't say I recognize any myrtle here but it's in there 'cause Beth says so.

If you like good jasmine, and I do say it is the "good" variety, I think you will go for Peitho. At least give it a try. I don't blame the Peitho lovers for their fondness, it's worth it.