Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lilithlefay

Milk Moon 2005

... Milk Moon is Flower Moon's warmer, gentler cousin; it is a scent that emulates the closeness of child and mother. In it, cream and warm honey soften our traditional blend of lunar oils.

Milk Moon - mmm! I just received this bottle in a swap yesterday, and it is already high on my favorites list!

In the bottle, it is very creamy with a faint bit of tang. I don't get much of the lunar oils.

Wet on the skin, it smells of coconut - so yummy! I'm not getting any of the mint that others have mentioned. Just creamy coconut and milk, a touch of rich, sweet honey.

This blend doesn't morph much on me, the coconut fades on drydown and I'm left with a scent much like it smells in the bottle. Yummy, sweet and creamy, with a hint of tang. Definitely a keeper!

This is simply an amazing scent.

In the bottle: soft, creamy, with a breath of mint or tang reminicent of those little pillowy mints that you get at baby showers.

Wet, on skin: much the same, but some lovely coconut is wafting in. This isn't your plasticy, imitation coconut, nor is it the baking type of coconut. This is the scent of a freshly broken open nut of the palm.

Drydown: cream, cream, cream, a bit of honey and that same tang coming back in. Coconut is still there as well.

Fade: the cream gradually fades away on me and the coconut is left. Mind you, I am not a coconut lover, but this is fresh and lovely, not stale and perfumy.

While this isn't a scent that I would every wear out, it is the first scent I reach for when coming home from work. Off come the hose and heels; on come the jeans and Milk Moon. It wraps you in a soft embrace and reminds you that yes, you DO deserve those good things in life.

Mmmm, beautiful. I don't get coconut, or mint, or vanilla from this, like many people seem to -- rather, I get true warm milk. Warm milk slightly sweetened. And it's the most comforting, nurturing blend I've had the pleasure to wear in a long time. It's simple. White, creamy, and milky, with just a hint of cool, silvery lunar floral.

I find myself reaching for this over and over. Often to wear alone, but more and more to layer under whatever other scent I've chosen to give it a comforting, maternal warmth.

I'm so grateful to have two bottles.

:P

Add me to the folks who get the rancid milk smell.

Eventually, the sour smell goes away but it took about 5 hours. Then it mostly honey.

At the end, it smelled like a creamy version of "O". No mint, no coconut.

I may try it again but I don't think I can take the sour milk smell stage.

Stupid skin.

Milk Moon - acquired in a swap with emzebel. Thanks!

In the bottle: Chaste Moon plus sweetened condensed milk. :P

On me/wet: The first hit is definitely sweetened condensed milk, rolling off my skin in a wave of creamy sweetness. When my mom smelled my wrist, she got coconut, but I don't smell that at all - just the creamy milk note.

Drydown: The sweet milky note stays very constant and doesn't seem to morph, although it might have gotten even a bit sweeter. Unlike many of the other Moon oils, I barely notice the "traditional lunar oils".

So, the scent of sweetened condensed milk. :D I like it, but don't see myself actually wearing it all. Glad I got an imp, but not unhappy I missed a bottle. Although it is intriguing enough to make me continually sniff my wrist, so I may have to re-evaluate.

I bought an imp of this mostly because some of the reviewers have been saying that it layers really nicely with Flower Moon (which I have a 5 mL of). So even though the description of Milk Moon didn't sound all that appealing to me, I decided to try it out. And alas, Milk Moon hates me. Has anyone ever had powdered milk before? Yeah, that's what it made me smell like. :P

milk moon

at first: a bit sour. i'm afraid of what this will smell like on.

on: sweet, milky, light, and creamy. i think i get a hint of mint, too.

1 hour later: still sweet, creamy, and minty. this is very comforting and lovely.

5 hours later: warm, sweet, and creamy. still comforting, but the mint is more in the background.

6 hours later: i still love this!

overall: although i really like this, i'm glad i didn't get a bottle because i don't think i'll reach for it often. i'm really happy that i have an imp of it.

Sweet, mild.. ultimately cold. I really like it. It was such a hot, hot day, this felt like it was literally cooling me down. I liked the pinch of mint. Very lovely.

Wet: Sweet cream and a touch of mint. It reminds me of Breyers mint chocolate chip ice cream (um -but without the chocolate pieces).

Dry: The mint fades some what and it is becomes cream over lunar oils. Yummy!

First sniff: Yes, this really does smell Spooky-ish! I don’t know why it always surprises me that milk/cream-based scents are so warm, but Milk Moon is warm and furry and wonderful. With a heaping helping of peppermint over top.

Wearing: Oh, don’t go sour. Please don’t go sour. I need to learn not to sniff these things directly on my wrist – the aura is lovely, but the wrist-scent is weird. It went to straight peppermint after a couple hours’ wearing. Spooky is similar, yes… and much better on me, so this one is out.

in the bottle: warm vanilla cake, straight from the oven and without frosting (the best way to eat it).

wet on skin: I'm not getting peppermint from this, or coconut. I am wishing, however, that I had been as into BPAL as I am now when this was available. Creaminess and sweetness, all swirled together. It's making me crave angel food cake with tons of whipped cream.

dry: still no peppermint or coconut, tons of sweet cake. Beautiful.

This is a breathtaking scent in the bottle...like warm milk, but better. Fresh tres leches cake perhaps. Unforunately this didn't fare so well with my skin chemistry. It smells almost identical to Sppoky on me, minus Spooky's redeeming cocoa, rum, and coconut. Milk Moon dries to a slightly plastic, faint, and ordinary vanilla.

Very unfortunate, given how it smells in the bottle.

laochodia (my hero :P ) sent me a bottle and an imps worth of milk moon. I was a BPAL newbie when milk moon was for sale at the lab and didn't realize how quickly the moons sell out... so I missed my chance, and have been upset about it ever since, lol. But I now have a precious and much coveted imp.

This is such heaven. It might be my all time favorite BPAL scent (maybe even better than 13). It starts out a wonderfully rich vanilla cream drizzled with caramel on my skin. Foodie and surprisingly strong. I'm not getting any mint, which is good because I don't like mint.

I can smell this strongly on my skin for about 6 hours before it starts to fade. In that time it stayed mainly vanilla cream, but with a swirl of caramel, honey, and marshmallow scents coming out around the cream. It's so rich and amazing. I don't know what I'll do when my imp is gone. I hate myself for not ordering a dozen bottles of this.

I love you, Milk Moon :D

After hearing everyone rave about this scent, I decided I had to try it. It took me awhile to find an imp, and I almost bought a 5ml on eBay in desperation. I'm SO glad I didn't go that far.

in the bottle: It smells very familar, but I cannot place it. Something from my childhood. For some reason it reminds me of the swimming pool we used to go too. Perhaps it's faint coconut?

on my skin: Warm milk that's been left on the counter all day. It doesn't smell like my childhood anymore. There's no mint, honey, sweetness, nothing but milk that's starting to turn.

30 minutes later: Get this stuff off me! The milky smell only gets worse. I'm reminded of a baby's burp cloth. Sadly, it's so strong that it doesn't wash off very well. So I had to cover it with 13.

I wish I could smell what everyone else is smelling, because this scent is just not pleasant. Perhaps I'm hyper senstive to it because I'm a strict vegetarian and can usually smell people who eat too much dairy. That warm dairy smell makes my stomach unhappy. :P

Edited by Freya

In the bottle this smells like sweet condensed milk... Once it hits my skin it warms up and there is almost a minty carmel flavor to it. I have to keep from likcing my arm cause this is so wonderful :P I am really looking forward to the cooler weather though... this heat we have been having just amps it up to the point its overpowering. I'd actually prefer it in cooler temps though since its so warm and comforting. SOOOO very glad I ordered a bottle of this :D

Wet in the bottle this smells very buttery and sweet. It reminds me of that Indian dessert of the "squishy cottage cheese balls in condensed milk" (sorry but I don't know what they are called). It's a bit similar to Chaste Moon in the bottle but not quite as sweet or fruity. When first applied Milk Moon smells a lot like these milk flavored hard candies that they sell in Chinatown. The buttery note fades and this softens nicely. After about three hours a faint hint of honey comes through which is very nice. I'm finding that I absolutely adore the honey note in Beth's blends :P This is a very comforting and warm scent to me. It's good to wear for bedtime too as I find it quite relaxing. I really love this one and am glad I have two bottles. :D

Interesting to note that on me I don't get any mint at all.

Wet on my skin I smell cream and honey, like the hot milk with a spoon of honey that I used to have before I went to sleep when I was a little girl.

I get a peppermit touch too, more or less strong depending on the day.

Soft and sweet, smooth... I could bath on this one!

I like to use it before I go to sleep, and I don't know why but it's perfect as a boobage perfume! :P :D :D

In the imp and first applied this is a rich, warm milk and tart honey~gorgeous!!

After a few minutes there's a *hint* of tea & lemon, as well, which only adds more to the yummy factor.

It mellows to a lush, creamy honey and last for hours. Nice throw, too.

Doesn't really smell like it, but kind of reminds me of everyone's favorite(or almost everyone's??), puppy breath :P

I'm definitely keeping an eye out for a bottle :D

Bottle: I nearly fainted. This is STRONG! It's very sweet and creamy and I think I can get the tiniest hint of mint as well. But it's lovely in the bottle - perhaps it wasn't the best idea to have my nose directly over the bottle.

Wet: COCONUT. And nothing but coconut. It's still very strong, even with just the tiniest bit of oil.

1 hour later: The coconut mellowed out a lot (thank the gods!) and it's layered out with very sweet vanilla.

3 hours later: The scent calmed down slowly and settled into a very creamy toasted marshmallow/vanilla/coconut scent. I've had people ask what I was wearing and then give me a strange look when I tell them. Glee.

6 hours later: It's morphed into a very vanilla and honey, with undernotes of warm cream, and then after only a few minutes like this, it started dissipating. The scent still lingers but not on skin anymore.

9 hours later: Just as I was leaving work, the coconut and vanilla came back full force, as if I'd just applied more! It's very creamy this time, with a lot of honey and the slightlest hint of something that's stronger but lighter than the cream - maybe the Lunar oils, I'm not sure. I want to say mint, but I don't think that's it. Either way, it's a lovely scent - very pick-me-up at the end of the day.

Overall: I'm so glad I bought a second bottle of it! This is simply lovely, and it really sticks to me - putting it on at 6am before leaving for work, it's still constantly changing (although always for the better) for at least 12-15 hours after a single application. I'd have to say that this is very definatley one of my favourite scents so far. It just clings to me, which isn't a bad thing!

As an aside, I've found that a tiny, tiny drop of Milk Moon over an application of Sugar Cookie works wonders - it kind of negates the acrid too cinnamon scent that I've seen people comment on.

In the bottle this smells like really buttery caramel corn. It's so sweet & foody that I was certain I wouldn't like it. When I first put it on, I don't get either of those scents. It smells coconutty at first, but then immediately dries down to a sweet milky scent. Every now & then I get a whiff of salty butter, but mostly it's a sweet condensed milk scent. It fades quickly on me, but I enjoy it while it lasts. :P

Thanks to the Toronto swap'n'sniff I managed to score an imp of this.

In the bottle: Fresh warm cream and sugar

First on: The whole thing takes on a rather buttery caramel note on me.

After a bit: It's still rather buttery and reminds me of caramel corn for some reason, but I also get a nice milkiness to it.

Not exactly what I was hoping for when I sniffed it, but it's still quite lovely.

In the vial this one smells like a cross between cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk. Yummy creamy sweet.

On my skin the mint started to come out. uh oh

After about five minutes it turned into a rotten, rancid, sour milk smell with a tinge of mint. I was about to wash it off, then decided to give it a little longer.

After about half an hour it mellowed and softened back into a sweet milk and cream cheese smell again. The mint was still there, but it didn't overpower.

Not bad at all. I like it, but that rancid stage is a little hard to deal with.

Milk Moon is the creamy-iest of the creamy-iest scents for me.

It makes me feel *smooth* yet it's a heavy enough scent I'd not really like to wear it much during the warmer tempratures. I seem to be obsessed with the more fruit-ish and light scents for summer. The lunar oil scent isn't as dominant in this one either. It's buried underneath a sea of white cream.

(Note: This isn't an imp being tested, but a spritzer!)

In the spritzer: sweet cream, like condensed milk.

On the skin: Sweet, lovely honey and cream, sort of like a milkshake or a caramel steamer (the milk-only flavored drinks from places like Starbucks).

After an hour: Still a lovely, warm, scent... sweetly creamy, as if I'd spilled a caramel steamer on myself. I had to resist the urge to nibble on my wrists.

I was worried that my skin would "eat" this one like it did Sudha Segara (being a milk-related scent) but it had staying power. I did not reapply all day, and it was lingering on my wrists when I went to bed at night, 15 hours later. When my budget allows, I will certainly be tracking down someone willing to part with this lovely LE.

Origin: Swapped for a decanted imp on LJ

In the bottle: I can smell sweetness, I think honey and maybe coconut just holding the closed imp to my nose! Opening the bottle, I get hit with a lovely creamy aroma laced with the golden honey. Almost like a cake baking in the oven.

Wet: Hmm...the creamy and honeyt notes get swallowed up. I'm getting faint whiffs of the coconut and maybe mint, but whatever it is it's not entirely pleasant. It's not the sour milk that a couple of people have mentioned though, not repulsive...just not as yummy as it was in the bottle. Is there ozone in the lunar oils? I'm getting a zing of some sort.

Drydown: *sigh* OK, yes, it is sour milk. The mint and sweet can't overcome it.

Verdict: Okay, okay I get it...foodie scents do not cooperate on my skin! *pouts*