Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
viciousviolet

Lilith

Mother of Demons, Vengeful Fury, Darkest Seductress, Queen of the Djinn, Goddess of the Gate. Red wine, myrrh, black musk, and attar of rose.

When it settles into my skin the scent is so dark and just plain wicked. It's the scent equivalent of the color blood red. I think every girl wants to feel a wee bit evil sometimes and when I do Lilith is what I wear for sure. It is sinister and seductive, the perfume of a succubus or evil enchantress.

lilith was totally sour and gross on me

but my friend ali (whose online moniker is lilith!) totally loves it on her

I really liked this when first applied, but the drydown was not very nice on me. Initially I loved it but then it went just so/so on me.

I got a 5ml of this hoping it would be as gorgeous as it was on a friend of mine... well... its 100 times better on me <snickers>. This sinks in so dark and beautiful on me... the wine and the myrrh are very prominent on me the rose in this doesnt show much which i find wonderful. This is a very deep, musky, evil, sexy scent. love this love this love this!

On first application, it smells very fruity! That'll be the red wine then lol. As it dries down, it gradually becomes more floral. The myrrh didn't come out on me very heavily. It's very pleasant, and I'll be using up the sample, but for some reason I wasn't expecting Lilith to smell quite like this - darker, maybe.

I sniffed the bottle and thought for a second I'd found more of that rancid Juicy Fruit note I get out of Carnivale. I try every one of Beth's creations that come my way, though, and I'm so glad I did!

Within 30 seconds, the red wine takes over, and the myrrh makes this absolutely sumptuous. Attar of rose adds a faint mossy note, and isn't a rose smell as much as it is the silky, sexy feel of a rose petal. The black musk doesn't cover everything else up, and stays very subdued throughout the drydown.

Luxe. Lush. Sensual. Opulent.

I had a good deal of trouble deciding whether I liked this or not. Sniff: I like this? Sniff: I don't like this... And so on and so forth all down the line. It smelled good, seemed to work well with my chemistry in its own way, but it was hard to say whether I liked it or not.

On me this is very fruity. It's not at all wine, but has a fruity red quality. I'm wondering if the musk isn't slightly fruity on me too, but it was hard to tell. My chemistry doesn't pick myrhh up very strongly, and the attar of rose wasn't the slightest bit there, so it was primarily this fruity, slightly musky scent. It's a red colored scent for me, but somehow not as dark as I was expecting. It does smell nice, and I sort of liked it, but I don't think I ever would have worn it, so I swapped it out.

Thanks to TygherRayn, I got the chance to smell this on me.

Out of the bottle? Grape Kool-Aid.

On me? Dog shampoo. Lilith and I just do not get along at all, which is sad. I always feel bad when any of the oils don't really agree with me.

Thanks to TygherRayn, I got the chance to smell this on me.

Out of the bottle? Grape Kool-Aid.

On me? Dog shampoo. Lilith and I just do not get along at all, which is sad. I always feel bad when any of the oils don't really agree with me.

Yep, when I first applied Lilith this morning, my immediate thought was "Oh dear. Grape Kool-Aide."

Now that it's dried & settled down a bit, I can smell more of the musk & rose. But, I think it's a touch too fruity for my tastes. I suspect that this will smell *divine* on a good friend of mine, so this imp will go live with her.

-Jilli

First Impression: Sweet and fruity but dark and sinister at the same time.

Second Impression: Crushed black rose petals floating in a sea of red wine. I love this, I'm slathered with it (thanks cegirls!) and can't get enough.

Final Analysis: This evokes visions of a Roman bath house at night. Torches light the darkness. There are Romans bathing in water covered with rose petals, their skin glistening in the firelight. The others are in togas feeding wine and overripe fruit to each other. It's hedonistic, sensual pleasure with each sniff of Lilith.

I realized that though vaniclion's already posted his review, I hadn't done mine. And since my Bruja is finally worn off (24 hours later, with only a small touch-up before bed!) I can try it now.

In the bottle: I do smell the grape kool-aid if I think about it. To me though it's just a yummy smell. Sweet wine.

Wet: The wine mellows rather quickly on me, leaving a musky rose scent that has just a hint of wine in it.

Wearing: The musk really comes out on me. Lilith likes me, that's for sure, though I really shouldn't be surprised about that one. The wine comes out more again now, and there's just enough rose ... rich red lush rose ... to make it perfectly lovely.

To me this one speaks of something older than Roman baths, something older than Egyptian Kings and Queens .. it speaks of the First Woman. A woman of passion and power .. who would not be commanded by Man.

First Sniff

Fruity musk. Almost sticky sweet. Not as expected.

Drydown

Call my chemistry loopy but before the drydown I smelled like the cola ice lollies you get from the ice cream van! Now, the myrrh is the leader here, every now and then I think I smell polished wood. Very bizarre. The occasional swirl of roses and wine is beautiful.

After a While

Predominantly myrrh and rose. A whiff of wine from time to time. I was expecting it to remain very fruity but the 'darkness' of the myrrh suits it wonderfully. It seems to be fading though. One to bathe in maybe?

Four hours on it's a lovely mellow rose.

Final Verdict

There's a fab episode of Frasier where Lilith sleeps with Niles. Before the dirty deed she is wearing a black Cut Down To There Dress. Regardless of the name this is the scent she was wearing that night. Whereas Blood Rose is fun and voluptuously sexy, Lilith is more menacing, aloof and hopelessly inviting... Definitely one to wear if you want to get your way. :D :P

More imps for sure and very probably a bigger bottle. Damn Beth and her rose blend magickery, I CANNOT order them all! *sighhhh*

When first applied I could only smell very sweet wine. Fortunately this was rapidly darkened by the myrrh and musk, making it more appealing to my nose. This smells like cherry brandy with musk at the moment.

After this has been on a while it no longer seems quite so sweet. It still reminds me of cherry brandy and I can now smell the rose as well.

Final thoughts: Haughty, a little sweet, musky and lovely.

Good illustration as to why you can’t always trust your nose / skin-chemistry on first try. This seemed unbearably sweet and not at all to my liking the first time I tried it. On the second it smelt good and now I’m really enjoying it.

When I first applied this, I could smell fruitiness... almost like apples. That must be the wine then. After a while it becomes a voluptuous incense scent, whith the wine occasionaly peeking out.

After an hour:? Is there sandalwood in this? It's not in the description, but I can smell it. Must be wonky chemistry.

in the vial: YAY! Slightly similar to my beloved, dearly departed Black Widow...it has that sticky maple syrup smell when wet that Glasya has, though...let's hope I love it as much as I love Glasya. :D

on my skin: This is Black Widow's more mentally well-adjusted sister. She may still be a little messed up, but she's nowhere NEAR as messed up as her criminally insane sister. She's softer, but that doesn't mean in the least that she's soft. She's either best friends with Glasya or Glasya's an older sister, possibly from another marriage (Alright, I really MUST stop with these stupid backstories...lol). I smell red wine and roses, and that's fabulous...but the damn maple syrup-y smell won't go away! This is giving me a headache...it's too sweet. I feel the strong need to go take a shower and smell coffee beans now.

:P

This is a very Lilith scent from the start. In the vial, it looks like blood-tinted urine. The scent is a dark floral wine, basically how you'd imagine Lilith would smell. But though it smells like a Hell-demon that may molest you in your sleep, it's very lovely.

ADDED Sept. 10:

After awhile, this turns into candy grapes and flowers, with a general fruitiness. It goes very well on a hot summer day. Ahhh.

Edited by Shollin

A sweet, almost sickly medicine is what strikes first. A tad disconcerting. But wait…Lilith was just being a bit spiteful…a better mood is emerging… A dark blood red wine - a hint on the dry side, and lush wet rose begin to emerge. The myrrh and black musk add spice and sweetness and also seem to take away the wetness of the rose. She’s commanding, darkly beautiful and damn sexy, and I feel that way too. I think I could become quite enamoured with this one; the man already is, he kept gravitating towards my neck to breathe it in. The lasting power is not too bad on me, maybe a few hours, with the musky red wine rose finally softening to the black musk, with a hint of the earlier intensity and the teeniest trace of dustiness.

Edited by ViolentKitten

Lilith on me starts out smelling of Wine, then the myrrh comes to the surface. I've noticed with most of the oils that contain myrrh, this is the scent that dominates on me. I was a little worried about the attar of rose, but it's not dominating at all, each scent compliments to make this a lovely wicked scent that I really LOVE. I need to wear this scent with my antique garnets....

at first: Sweet and grape-y, but that quickly passes.

then: Myrrh, rose, wine. Myrrh tends to dominate on my skin too, so it really darkens this. Lilith is black with hints of red, like a dark cave where rose petals have been sprinkled.

This is a little like a cross between Blood Rose and Old Athens – the myrrh/wine – which makes me think of Lilith as a dark prehistoric goddess figure. Powerful and terrifying and demanding obedience. She's nothing like me, but I like it.. I'll save it for when I want to evoke that kind of feeling.

Another one that reminds me of some kind of candy. Is it cherry? Or bubblegum in a tube? That must be the wine again, but fortunately it fades quickly without leaving a trace.

The musk is very womanly, and smells exactly like a lot of Egyptian women did in the streets (they're still very good with perfumes there). I like the bottom note of the scent very much. This would go well with a black dress, or perhaps even better with not so much on :P . It does fade much faster than I would've thought of such a dark scent. Yet, Lilith is dark, mysterious and impressive.

I love the name Lilith... The scent is not for me though.

Bottle: Grape soda and bubble gum

Skin: intially, still grape.

on the drydown: the spicyness of the ingredients is coming out.. but it's slightly powedery and it never really blooms on my skin the way I'd hoped it would. :P

Oh well, into the swap pile it goes along with the others that really didn't work for me.

First sniff: Boozey. It’s more concentrated than wine – almost like grape liqueur – and almost stiflingly warm, the sort of heat you get at a crowded party with too many people in one room.

Wearing: Grape Jolly Rancher when first applied. Mrf. After a bit of drying, something smells like rose around the edges of the grape candy, and there’s maybe a hint of musk. However, after all that, when it dries completely it’s much better – warm and red and musky, with the barest hint of rose. It took a while, but Lilith won me over.

When it first went on, I totally got bubblegum. Then it quickly changed to decaying rose, and then to a very strong myrrh scent. After it dries down, it smells exactly like an opium hand creme I used to love, with just a hint of rose. (I'm not sure what note I'm smelling that makes me think of opium, but that's what it smells like to me.) It took a minute to warm up to it, but I LOVE it. Won't buy a bottle just now, but it's going on me "want more of" list.

I'm surprised at how creamy, mellow and downright innocent Lilith smells on me after reading most of the reviews, but nonetheless I really like it. I have enjoyed all of Beth's blends with red wine notes, and I did get a very assertive, fruity red wine top note when I first applied Lilith. However, as it's dried down, it has mellowed to a smooth, sweet-but-not-TOO-sweet and spicy blend. I may not rush to get a big bottle, but only because I have a gazillion on order right now including what I ordered in today's Cold Moon update before putting on Lilith! She's definitely being moved to the big bottle wishlist though.