Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The Dark Side of Fire: cinnamon, bitter almond, and neroli. Heavily spiced, torrid, and possibly conflagrant.

Wow, Inferno's really spicy! This goes on like a blaze. There's that almond/cherry note with the cinnamon---and it's strong. Wow. It actually kinda burns a bit! As it dries down it mellows out, but the spice is still too strong for me. It definitely lives up to its namesake, though!

Inferno-

In Bottle: Almond! Mm, milky and lovely.

Wet: Cinnamon blooms. Woo, really strongly!

Dry: This was a lovely strong cinnamon but it faded rather quickly. I still have some of it left but it's faint. Too bad.

Overall: Fast fader. Darn!

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones in that Inferno doesn't burn me too badly. A slight bit on the back of the wrists, but not behind the ears.

It is spicy, that's for sure, but I just don't associate cinnamon with the towering explosiveness of an inferno. I get mostly cinnamon, with just a bit of almond and some sort of deeper mellow scent that comes up when the cinnamon fades off. I really can't place that one. Neroli is supposed to be orange, right? It's not really a citrus scent. I don't know what it is.

Anyway ... I do like Inferno, but I don't think it's properly named. I expected something ... I dunno ... sharper? Smokier? This is more sweet and candy-like to my mind, which just doesn't conjure up fire at all. I'll use up the imp, but I don't think I'll buy it again for a while.

Love the cinnamon in this one but the almond is just a *touch* too much on wet. After the initial drydown this fades into a very nice cinnamon-y note with just a touch of spice. With it being predominately cinnamon, I might try this one out as a layering note with some other blends to see how it fares. < nods >

LOVE. INFERNO.

i adore cinnamon, and i loved this one immediately after a sniff from the bottle. it turned into goodness on my skin, thank god, and i just know i'm going to track down a 5ml of it. my boyfriend loved it as well, even came in for yet another kiss after a neck nuzzle, and that's always the sign of a good 'un. this was a frimp from a forum purchase as well, otherwise i might have never found it!

In the imp, it is heavy with cinnamon and almond. Each time I sniff it, the almond changes, sometimes it is the cherry version and sometimes it is very bitter as describled by the lab, my nose cannot seem to make up its' mind. I cannot detect the neroli at all, I would have to say the cinnamon and the almond are fighting it out for the dominant note.

On my skin the cinnamon and the almond have blended together in a way in which I cannot pull the scents apart. It is a dark but lovely fragrance, and now I can detect a slight sweetness underneath, it must be the neroli, but it is so faint it is very hard to find. I would have to say this scent is a dark spicy scent, but I would not recommend this scent for someone looking for just cinnamon, because this is more than that. While the cinnamon is detectable, it not prominent on its' own. Inferno is dark, spicy and very warming, a must have for anyone that loves a scent in that falls into that family. On a scale of 1 to 5, I would have to give it a 5.

Inferno was the third Imp of my first order that I tried. I've kind of been playing mystery scent, because I haven't read about them since I ordered. So they are always a big surprise.

First I was flooded with almond, and now I'm basking in the cinnamon glow. I think this might be my favorite of the lot so far. But then I might be fickle, since Vice and Blood Kiss were favorites when they were first tried too.

I don't seem to having any trouble with sensitivity, but I use a lot of Tiger Balm on my wrists because they get sore from too much computer. Think my wrists are used to spicy hot stuff.

Almost pure cinnamon, which is okay, because I like cinnamon. I was worried about the neroli, which is usually one of my evil notes, but it's hidden here. Not getting the almond at all either.

In the bottle:Maraschino cherries and bright almond

Wet:Same as in the bottle but with a cinnamon undertone.

Dry:Cinnamon hearts!It's all dry,spicy cinnamon from Inferno.This scent SMELLS red.

Fairly good lasting power.If I dab some on my clothes or in a scent locket,it retains the cherry-almond juicy goodness!

Yowza! I am so, so glad I'm not sensitive to cinnamon, because this is potent. I want to mention Red Hots, because this is sweet as well, but spicy even beyond that. Which is very good, because it just barely manages to override the odd plastic smell I often get with almond. The almond, on the other hand, keeps the cinnamon from getting too out of control. I don't smell the neroli at all, but the tug between almond and cinnamon is fascinating.

Thanks to the lab again for throwing this one in my last order. I would have never gone out of my way to try it but it's great!

Inferno is a spicy cinnamon made creamy by the almond. My skin is not realing advertising the neroli in this for some reason. hm. Anyway, it's just like creamy cinnamon candy! It lasts a long while but stays close to the skin.

Not much else to say about this blend since it is a very straightforward smell. I do like it, and perhaps someday I will get a bottle. I do agree with revious reviewers- I think this would be fabulous for layering since it a true cinnamon scent. Yum. :P

Whoa holy almond and cinnamon! It's interesting how well these two scents blend, creating one spicysweet scent. As it dries, the almond calms itself a bit, and the cinnamon gets spicier. I can detect the neroli, but only lightly, and that's good - I suspect if it really comes out, the whole thing will turn too sharp. As it is, I like it quite a bit - more than I expected to, actually.

Ladies and gentlemen, after trying six or seven imps, I believe I have found my signature scent. It's all cinnamon and a light hint of almonds - I get barely any orange out of this, which is surprising because any neroli or citrus amps like whoa on me usually.

It's amazing, not at all like the cinnamon leaf essential oil I used to wear, and still spicy and somewhat sinister (and i don't know which note this is) and marries to my skin perfectly.

I don't get a lot of throw, but I can smell it on and off for the entire time I wear it and people close to me notice.

I did not get any welts or rashes, thank goodness!

Four stars. Two thumbs up!

Let me first say that cherries do dark, unholy, unspeakable things on my skin. I HATE cherries.

That said, Inferno is ALL cherry. Eventually, I get a touch of cinnamon and almond, but for the most part, it remains cherrycherrycherryness. Not a good thing for me. Shame - I love the concept behind it.

The first time I tried Inferno, I thought I was going to explode with rage. I wanted something to reflect my destructive and angry mood. Well, it's difficult to want to kick and punch things when you smell like the the world's most beautiful almond cookie lightly dusted with cinnamon. :P

In the bottle and wet . . . almond.

Then . . . straight up Red Hots! The almond gives the cinnamon a candy flavor. It's fun, but for me it's not perfume.

The good news is that it's the only strong cinnamon I've tried that doesn't turn my skin red.

Wow, that's a lot of almond. I could smell it when I opened the imp, before I even put any oil on my hand. But, on me almond usually screams at first and then it quiets down. And what's under it is CINNAMON. Tons of it.

I'm not so crazy about almond or cinnamon, so this won't be an oil I can wear. However, I can see why people who like cinnamon like it.

In the imp: ooh, sweet cinnamon, spicy, delicious...

On me: HOMF GLOMF NOM NOM NOM CINNAMON CANDIES. I wish there were an emoticon to express "I want to eat my wrists as if they were heaps of candy and I were a candy-eating-vacuum-cleaner whooshing around on the floor." This is bright and disturbingly sweet!

It's also very, very similar to Chimera, except that where Chimera is mild and creamy, this is a lot... peppier. Just a word to the wise!

OWWWWOWOWOWOWOOW! This imp quite literally burned me. My wrists turned red and the skin hurt for the rest of the day, even though I washed it off really quickly after it started to burn.

I swapped this one for an imp of Santa Muerte, which did not hurt me. I do wish the main site had warned that this was, apparently, a conflagrant, as it seems I'm not alone in my skin's bad reaction to it. I had a bad reaction with another spicy perfume, serpent's kiss, after this, and now I'm a bit scared to try anything with Cinnamon in it.

It was really a shame, too. Fire is my element, so I was hoping a firey imp would work on me.

RED HOTS! Seriously, this smells exactly like those little cinnamon candies, and even though I'm not fond of eating cinnamon candy, I LOVE the smell of them. Weird, right? Anyhow, I love this scent. It is spicy, hot cinnamon, and did I mention how much I love cinnamon? I will be putting this on my list of 5 mls to purchase.

wet: cinnamony-almond. kind of like red hots candy.

drydown: the spiciness softens considerably and becomes a bit more floral (maybe dragon's blood?), but with a cinnamon edge. why do i not own a bottle of this? i am perplexed.

I completely forgot the warning that Inferno came with during the weeks that it took to come, and really it's my own fault for not realizing that potent cinnamon plus pretty sensitive skin equals mucho pain.

Anyway, I LOVE this scent on my sister, and deciding I wanted to review it on myself, I put on the amount I usually put on for any oil: some on my neck, and some on my wrists. Well, it smelled GREAT for the few second I could wear it, but a whole three seconds later I was rushing for the sink and a towel. Even the back of my hands are red and weltish from washing it off, and my neck and wrists looks like a chemical burn.

I also have to wash all the jewlery I was wearing on my neck and wrists now. But hey, even washed off, I still smell good :P This one's going to be scent-locket-only I guess, or swapped for a kinder cinnamon scent.

In the bottle: Marzipan. What is it with my nose and marzipan at the moment? Maybe it's my current read (The Other Boleyn Girl) keeps mentioning Marchpane.

Wet: The marzipan has gone, and it is very cinnamony.

Dry: A very faint cinnamon. I just put this one on lightly, and have been able to smell it around me all evening. Nice, but I'm not getting any notes other than the cinnamon. I think I'll give this one another go at a later date.

Overall 6/10

Edited by PurpleHeather

Imp: All almond extract. It's got that almost cherry-like quality to it. Just the faintest tinge of cinnamon at the end.

Wet: Holy hell, that's cinnamon. Little red hot candies. It's thankfully not burning my skin, though I think my nose and back of my throat might be red now!

Dry: Dry light cinnamon. I smell like autumn baked goods and I want to eat my wrists. :P