Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shelldoo

Dragon's Musk

Dominant, passionate, devastating. Dragon’s blood and five deep musks.

we got some of our imps in! dragons musk was one of them. my husband loved it,personally it was a bit strong w/ all those musks' but i guess thats the idea.

in the bottle: wwweeewww strong musky scent.
on him wet: still very strong and musky.
on him dry: the musk died down a bit and let the dragons blood come out. was very pleasant after that,i kept sniffing him through out the day lol. :P

over all we both say its a keeper and possible large bottle option. Edited by Shollin

I love dragon's blood, and I love musks -- both kinds of notes tend to work well on me, so that this worked for me was no surprise. I love it. It's a deeply comforting, yet sexy scent.

imp: this has an almost sweet floral note with i first give it a sniff. weird.

wet: musky and floral dragon's blood. this is quite strong but not headachy.

dry: this almost smells like lilacs... a very sweet floral. it's like the musk and dragon's blood just vanished.

This is another imp I got as a frimp in a lot I bought from a forumite. I probably wouldn't have tried it otherwise because I have never liked the dragon's blood notes I have tried with other perfume lines. I'm glad to say that this scent is a great success :P

I guess I will have to try the other dragon's blood based scents(gosh, what hardship)

In imp: musk and sweet. Not too strong.

Wet on skin: nice. Sweet, but not icky-sweet, with warm, dark, sexy musk. Takes a little while to warm up, but then has medium throw. It is noticable without being in-your-face, and doesn't have any of the nose catching, headache inducing quality I have always gotten from other dragon's blood notes.

Drydown: stays very nice, warm and sexy. Develops a slight powdery dryness, but doesn't go little-old-lady. Lasts pretty well on my scent eating skin. Definitely a keeper :D

In the imp, this has all the deep, warm, spiciness of the dragon's blood.

On, it's warm, but surprisingly light; the musks come out , and it gets very rich.

When it dries, mmmmm, it's nice - it settles down into a nice blend. This is also the first BPAL that has given me the "I feel sexy" vibe. Definitely a keeper!

I am not really sure what Dragon's Blood is supposed to smell like, but in the bottle Dragon's Musk is spicy and fiery, which makes sense.

Wet on the skin, it is a bit strong and aggressive for me - a little definitely goes a long way. For some reason, I get an undertone of patchouli, even thought it is not listed as a note in the description.

I feel like Dragon's Musk is wafting around me in a warm, fragrant cloud. As it dries down, it softens and the musks become more prominent. I wore this on an evening out and felt like it gave me an air of confidence and sexiness.

Not sure if this merits a bottle for me, given the multitude of choices, but I am definitely glad I have an imp to use when I need a little boost in my confidence.

None of the other Ars Draconis scents I've tried has worked out for me, but this one kind of does. I guess I'm not a big fan of Dragon's Blood. This is deep musk combined with the resiny sweetness of Dragons Blood - sexy and a little dark. After a while it gets lighter and even sweeter and almost floral, but with a warm, musky undertone. I'm not in love with it, but I'm pleasantly surprised.

sweet, spicy, rich dragon’s blood, the same as in my beloved dragon’s milk and blood moon, warmed here by heady musk. i think love dragon’s milk only slightly more, but it’s a tough call. this is so warm and glowing. it just seems to love my skin – it’s one of those amazing BPAL musk blends that feels like a “second skin” because it blends so well with my chemistry. beautiful.

on my skin the first thing i noticed was the sweet. a cherry liquid sweet wet smell, that eventually dried down into.....

a sweet candy smell with just the faintest hint of sweet musk under it. This was a delicious scent on me, but it could rapidly become overwhelming if i was in a closed office or car. Oddly it reminded me of one of my old Anna Riva? oils, "Dragon's Blood". i suspect this would be a better scent for going out, or as a room scent, its just a bit much intoxicant/sweet in a car!

the musk scent would have to be a bit stronger on me to be "passionate", or "dominant" to me, but i could see it being a "sexy" scent my husband said "smells nice, kind of cherry?" but even he had to admit it was a bit much in a closed car.

I've always deeply enjoyed most of the dragon blood that I've encountered that bpal makes. It's a clear cherryish floral that seems to work so well with my chemistry. I was hesitant when I first got the imp of Dragon's musk abit a year ago. So take this review as an aged version of the blend:

Both the Dragon's blood and the musk have mellowed out considerably, as I can barely smell the sparkling tendency of the white musk but the bellowing warmth of the red musk is there. The dragon's blood is strong but acts as a player backing up the musks. It's soft and sexy when it's aged. Not a scent that I'd wear often enough so I'm glad to have this imp with me.

In the bottle: Pure musk. Reminds me of Baby Soft Musk.

On: It gets so much stronger on. Morphs into a smokey kind of musk on the drydown. This would smell great on a guy. Great throw.

Verdict: This is a way too strong for me. I'm bummed because I love dragon's blood. :P

Imp : Cherry resin, musk.

Skin, Wet : Sweet musk and resin. Really a pretty and unique scent.

Skin, Drydown : Deeper musk with a trace of cherry sweetness.

Skin, Dry : Gorgeous, floral musk with just a hint of that classic Dragon's Blood cherry scent still poking through. Extremely sexy. :P

Oh this one is just lovely. It settles into dragon's blood with accenting musks that make it a bit sweeter, gentler, and smoky. I would almost say I smell a tiny bit of cherry tinged amber and/or opium laced in that smokiness ever so subtly as well. Eventually, the dragon's blood and amber/opium die off partly and it becomes more of a sexy, smokey, skin musk with a hint of heat from the dragon's blood. This one'll either become a bottle or a semi-regularly stocked imp. Yum!

Edited by firewoman

i 'm not sure what i was expecting, i guess i thought the dragon's blood would stay around a bit longer and the musks would take a back seat. after dry down, all i get is musk...dragon's blood has disappeared. it does get a slight baby powder smell to it. maybe i'll try this one again after it sits for a bit.

Applied, this has the initial throw of Dragon's Blood on my skin: flowery resin. Instantly the musks come out to play and surprisingly none are amping over the others -- the variety of musks tones down my skin's usual reaction to it and I cannot smell any over another. However it is overall a very musky scent. Smells like aftershave.

Cant believe I never posted a review for this. But anyway, here I go:

Wham! MUSK!

The Dragon's Blood does not stick around for very long but gets subdued by all the musk veeery quickly. I cant pick out individual kinds of musk, it is just one overall very sweet musk scent. Not manly musk, more like candy musk.

It is incredibly strong and lasting and my other half loves it. He always loves musk :D

Wearing this for the first times I was worried that other people would find this intense cloud of musk floating around me offensive. I know I dont like cheap musk-heavy perfume on other people so I was worried it would come across as a bit too much and always apply very lightly.

The weird thing is that when I wear it I generally seem to get very positive reactions from people - I dont mean compliments but people generally seem more friendly or look at me differently, especially men :D Now I am worried that that much musk is like wearing pheromones :P

This one is a nice musk. The dragon's blood didn't stick around much, but, that's fine. It may be tempering the musks and adding sweetness, but, I don't really care for dragon's blood on its own. The main reason I am trying this particular musk was because the blends with dragon's blood seem to last really well on my skin, even if I am not smelling the dragon's blood itself...and a nice musk that lasts I'd like.

Nine hours later, it is mostly gone. It had a nice run today though, and though it didn't stay as strong as Dragon's Milk did, I still think I will use this one.

Edited by Aerinha

Now this is the Dragon's blood scent I've been looking for! I still have others to try, but this I need to get a large bottle of.

In the vial- smells mostly like dragon's blood to me, but darker.

On me- Holy Mother of God, is this sexy. Yes, I overuse this word, I know. But seriously, this makes me feel powerful and dangerous. The dragon's blood starts out as the dominant note, but the musks keep it from being too floral for me. It gets a little powdery on me, but this is in no way bad, and so far it's staying warm and spicy and way tasty. It'sreally strong, but it doesn't get too perfumey, which I hate. It's definitely a "going out for an evening" scent, and shouldn't be worn during the day, ever. But like I said, this is exactly what I've been looking for.

I haven't tried any of the Dragon scents in awhile--I love Dragon's Milk and tend to feel that it fulfills my draconic needs. :P However, I nabbed a little Dragon's Musk because I love dragon's blood resin as a note and can see how it might complement musk really well. It's a beautiful, rich dark red in the vial. Mmm, this is good! Very incensey and rich; the musk is not overwhelming and just serves to give the dragon's blood some extra depth. This reminds me of going to a Ren Faire in autumn...the wonderful scent of incense from the little shops, out in the fresh air. It's gender-neutral, yet...witchy, as least by association. I will definitely wear this in the fall.

Dragon's Blood was one of the worst things I've ever tried (on my skin - it's awesome on other people). I got this as a frimp in a recent order - I NEVER would have picked out anything else from the Dragon line on my own.

However, this is awesome and sexy - it really surprised me. I had low expectations after the Dragon's Blood experience, but this is sultry/musky/faintly cherry-sweet and really sexy. I probably won't buy a bottle, but will definitely keep the imp around for sexy dates.

I never thought I'd like this as much as I do!!!

Dragon's Milk is the numerno Uno of this section. And up until now, Dragon's Heart was the other contender...this has taken over Heart...but not Milk...oh no!!

This is a lovely musky..very "Indian perfume oil" smelling blend. Much more than the other Dragon's Blood blends. I wish I knew the 5 musks..but..no. Although I'd probably hazard a guess at Indian Musk hehe.

The musks change the Dragon's Blood considerably, Dragon's Blood smells quite floral sometimes..but this is very very deep and sexy indeed and I really want a bottle of this for sure. I'll be putting in an order!!

YUM! :P

Imp: Dragon's blood so sweet it almost has a jasmine feel to me.

Wet: A powdery musk joins the mix.

Dry: In the dry down it becomes really wearable. A little resinous...a little sweet...a little soft...very nice!

There was a practical reason that this oil was not named "Dragon's Wussiness" because it comes roaring, breathing fire, and slaying knights right out of the imp.

It eventually settles down (or burns out my sense of smell) to a smoky vanilla-dragon's blood affair that I kind of like. Dragon's Musk was a surprise in that I absoluted hated the first waft and mentally consigned the blend to the oil burner, but now think that when the oil gets to be as old as I am it could be awesome.