Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shelldoo

Dragon's Musk

Dominant, passionate, devastating. Dragon’s blood and five deep musks.

Where has this blend been all my life!! I can't believe I waited so long to try it! I always thought that Dragon's milk was the sexy sultry dragon's blood scent - I was so wrong - this is really sultry and sexy (I should have known really - I love the musks and I love Dragon's blood so I couldn't go wrong could I?)

Damn...thats another Bottle added to the wishlist! :P

One of the 5 musks doesn't like me. I've come across it in other blends. It smells like a smell man who tried to spray deoderant over the stench.

Its not the blend, its my wonky body chemistry. This starts out beautiful, like a smokey dragons blood, but as it dries, thats when the stinky man comes out. I was so heart broken that my body reacted that was because I was so excited about it for the first 30-45 minutes :P

I have to rave about this one because I was so surprised--I didn't expect a blend with 'musk' in the name to become one of my favorites.

Again, due to my lack of experience, I can't say what's dragon's blood and what's the musk, but it starts out a bit sharp and mellows to an all-around sweet-but-not-foody, warm, resiny scent. The blend itself is a very powerful and evocative scent, but is not overpowering when worn. (Hope that made sense...)

Definitely getting a big bottle of this.

My FAVORITE Ars Draconis blend!

The 5 musks are blended to perfection. I can pick out black musk and Egyptian musk as the two most prominant note on my skin.

The rich sweet resiny dragons blood keeps the musks for getting "out of control" and overly masculine.

Very sensual blend! Lasts for hours too (a HUGE plus when I pick scents)!

Deffinately a BIG bottle scent!

I don't think this will displace Dragon's Milk, as my favorite.

That being said....this stuff ROCKS!

The floral spiciness of the dragon's blood disappears pretty quickly. But, it leaves in its place musks that are clean, distinctive, and sexy-- like a hot babe in a power suit. :P

Oh, the love. I was afraid of musks for a long time because sometimes they do freaky cat sex things on my skin, but this is devine. So sexy and sweet and yum.

Now I must try ALL the Dragons!

Also, this will probably a bottle buy. I LOVE the color too! (a deep dark red, of course.. :P)

wet: dragon's blood

dry: the dragon's blood is gone and this is pure deep musk.

sigh: but I bought it for the dragon's blood :P

I would like this much more on a man.

As far as I know, this is my first experience with Dragon's Blood Resin, and if that's what is making this musk pulse, then I'm all for it. A gorgeous, gorgeous scent. Very long-lasting on me, and the musk is not too masculine, not too animalic, just very warm and sensuous and determined.

I'll definitely use up the imp, and I'll most likely try several other Draconis blends before deciding on a favorite.

I received this as a frimp.

Except for my recent positive experience with a frimp of dragon's eye, I assumed dragon's blood was a funky head-shop smell. And musk in traditional perfume is quite smelly bad on me. So I put this on with a little trepidation.

Wet: Estee Lauder Youth Dew? Not at all unpleasant, but very unexpected. This reminds me of 70s glamour. My mom picking me up while wearing her camel coat with the fur collar, and me burying my face in the fur, where she had sprayed her perfume.

Dry: This still has a glamourous perfume smell, but also something sweet and earthy...like roasted marshmellows. I'm enjoying this tremendously.

I don't know that this is really me, but I could see myself wearing this on an occasion that required a little black dress. What a fun find!

In the bottle: baby powder.

On the skin: musky baby powder. I don't smell any dragon's blood (which is fine, it doesn't like me) but this is very sweet. Reminds me of times spent working with babies, a million freshly changed babies.

Nice, soft and fresh scent.

:P This is everything I expected and more.... This is definitely a OMG have to have a bottle of this stuff. What more can a dragonryder ask for but dragon's blood and musk? :D

In the imp: musky spicy florals.

On me, wet: At first, sharp spicy musk over sweet florals. It's not unpleasant, but it's sort of pungent. The sharpness drops away quickly, and so does most of the rest of the scent with it - all I can smell now is very faint sweet musk.

On me, dry: the warm, slightly floral musks return. This is much more gentle scent than I would have expected from the imp and the description. It smells like faded white musk rather than like a combination of many musks.

Verdict: this certainly works okay, if less dramatically than I expected to. I'm not a huge musk fan, but I guessI can keep this around.

Scent in bottle: Yup; dragon's blood and musk. At least from what I can smell in the bottle, it seems like they might be the type of musks that don't tend to attack me.

Scent on me:

Wet -- Dragon's blood is a very sweet, mellow resin on me, and the musks just make it even more soft and warm.

Dry -- Mmmm...it dries to a lovely sweet warm musk.

Conclusion: I know it's mostly me being suggestable, but this does actually evoke "dragon" for me. It's musky and warm and protective and works so beautifully with my skin chemistry.

I was slightly afraid of this when I first saw it on the BPAL website, but when this was gifted to me as a frimp I just had to try it. And oh my god :P am I so glad I did!

Hmm, upon first sniff when I opened the package, I was rather surprised. It’s not as strong as I feared it would be. The color’s a dark red-orange. According to the site, it describes it as dominant, passionate and devastating. So far the impression I’m getting? Very fitting.

Lol it turned my wrists red. But okay, wow I’m really impressed so far. It smells really nice. Well okay nice wouldn’t be the word to desccribe it, it’s got a very husky undertone. It must be all the musk, makes it all very dark and heated sort of, giving it all a sinister overall feel (that is of course if a scent could be sinister, and trust me this is). The image that pops into my mind is of a brooding, dangerous shadowy figure with red in his eyes glinting in the dark, deceptively calm but all poised to strike any moment soon. Animalistic, some would say.

When dry, the red fades away, I’m strangely disappointed lol. Oh but that’s just me. It smells vaguely familiar, like some men’s cologne, but lighter. Still very musky though, like standing in the middle of a dusty desert and breathing in. I think I’m in love. Lol Big bottle here I come!

Holy wow! The Dragon's Blood is an amber scent, and combined with these musks, I'm completely blown away. It starts out with an amber note that rides strong and sweet. Then as it dries, it warms into this ultra seductive scent as each of the musks comes to the fore. This really is not a daytime scent. I feel so sexy and sultry, like I should be on the prowl in a little black dress and high heels instead of sitting behind a desk. Good God, I'm so glad I have a full 10ml bottle of this.

dragonsmusk.jpg

This is my favorite Ars Draconis blend.

in the bottle/wet: it's sweet; you can really pick up on the "fruity" notes from the dragon's blood

drydown: omfg wow! the fruity-sweetness from the dragon's blood dies down a little bit, and turns into the soft powdery-sweetness that matches so well with musk.

If you like heady, musky, sweet clouds of musky aroma, this is amaaaaaaazing. I am positive that one of the "five deep musks" is RED musk, which is my absolute favorite variety. (If you like Scherezade, you really should give this a try).

Musky! Reminds me of all the musk perfumes I've ever loved with a back drop of dragon's blood. A perfect scent for me!

Bottle: musk and a hint of dragon's blood. rather flat-smelling.

Wet: Oh my the musks awaken - really round and lovely.

Dry: More of the dragon's blood comes out, but it's the rose end of the cross-between-rose-and-black-cherry way I perceive it's scent. With the musk it's heavenly..warm and seductive.

Later: Definitely a keeper. The musks are mellow but enticing..a soothing sexiness. Interesting as hell, like Wicked in heat.

I had put out an ISO for furry feral scents in the Recommendations forum, and was recced this one. While it doesn't invoke that feeling, it's definitely a favorite. The scent is less a furry feral and more a dry, leathery feral. It's lovely, and so very feral and animalistic, but more suited for a dragon friend of mine and less suited for the girl with fox ears.

I always enjoy wearing this scent. It starts out sweet, kind of like a blend of Dragon's Blood and Snake Oil. Then it morphs into something deep and musky, with a Snake Oil-ish vibe. Eventually the drydown is powdery and musky, and I can't detect Dragon's Blood anymore.

All in all, a wonderful scent, and a must-try for anyone who likes musks, Dragon's Blood or Snake Oil. It's sexy without smelling "sweaty," overly spicy or animalic. I wish it had a bit more throw, but otherwise it's perfect.

Musk. Musk, musk, a bit more musk, and - hey, just for variety! Some musk!

There's a slightly sweet and spicy edge while it's wet/drying, but after dry-down this is all musk on me. Heavy, red-shot black. Very much NOT a daytime scent.

Evocative of the name - this is the musk of a very large, leathery predator - but I personally find dark musk overpowering. Not at all "me". I'll leave this one to the black-leather-clad, thigh-high-boot-wearing, night-clubbing brigade! :P

In the bottle: Cinnamon-spicy with a heady blend of musks growling to be let out. Absolutely overwhelming in it's complete lack of mercy, this scent grabbed me and threw me across the room to make it's point.

On me wet: The musks are cowering under what I have to assume is the dragon's blood resin. It's sweet and sticky like grape juice, but it's got this spicy/nutty smell like nutmeg or cinnamon sticks...

On me drying: The musks are starting to come out, the scent was molten a moment before in the bottle, now it's glowing hot but not red anymore. It's sexy and dangerous, but it's got teeth to it.

On me dry: Once it has dried out a bit, it doesn't fade in the slightest, oh no. Instead, the scent has smoothed itself out along my arms - even though I only put a tiny dollop on each wrist - and is cloyingly wrapping it's talons around me. It's like a smoky halo of musk and blood, this smell actually tastes like blood in the back of your mouth. Tangy and alarming, but the musks are sitting right in front of you, daring you to take it further. Absolutely smug in the knowledge of it's own power.

But a few minutes later? SOAP! Soapsoapsoapsoap! Just a tinge of what I think is the dragon's blood resin is still peeking through but it's like walking into a room full of Zest soap. Oh no, I don't want to smell like I just took a shower!

Final conclusion:

1 Hour Later - Hmm, the soapy smell hung around for about half an hour then that too faded, leaving me smelling of dusty sweat, like I'd been working hard out of doors for hours. But in a pleasant healthy way. The musks had toned down from their violent lusty scent to something more subtle and relaxing, just base and there. Not the wildly sexual scent I was expecting at all; more like relaxing near a campfire after toiling in a field all day. Smoky and sensual, but subtle.

3 Hours Later - It's faded out to musks again, just a hint of that spicy smoke tang left to it. Still heady but only upon close contact with my wrists. It makes me a little weak in the knees to smell it, very definitely a "hot" sort of scent.

Finale:

Well, this has some throw to it - enough to make me a little whoozy, it makes me feel drunk to smell this one, but it's not an unpleasant sensation. I like this, it's hot and passionate and very very tempermental. No kidding when they say it's devastating. I have a feeling this is the kind of scent a black widow would utilize in her craft! I love it hands down, however, and am definitely keeping this one.

well, i don't usually go for the Ars Draconis series, i'm not all dragony and dragon's blood and i have a tumultuous relationship -- and not just scentwise. but, the Lab gifted me with this one, and i was intrigued as i recently have been learning to love the musk.

i opened up the imp and thought: Enraged Orangutang Musk! yes, that's right. and like EOM, this starts off fresh and sweet musk on my skin, and morphs into a deeper musk. it never hits the depths of Smut (a personal favorite) but where EOM is fresh and fruity, this becomes fresh and earthy if that makes sense. to me, they are very similar scents, with DM being more spicy and earthy, which is likely the addition of dragon's blood, instead of oranges and jungle greens.

this is a surprisingly light blend, and it's all blended to perfection. no one thing stands out over the others. when my EOM is gone, i'll probably replace it with a bottle of this.

n.

The GC swap has made me pull out my Dragon’s Musk imp and give it a whirl. In the imp, it smells a bit musty and a slight note of dragon’s blood. Once on, it’s nicely balanced between the musks and the dragon’s blood. It’s not a sweet scent by any means. The dragon’s blood is here more to accent the musk rather than play a starring role. It’s a very masculine scent. The perfect compliment to Dragon’s Milk. Dragon’s Musk and Smut share some of the same musks. For someone looking for Smut, this may be a good substitute. It evokes the same kinda vibe to me. It’s a long lasting scent – hrs later I can still smell it. As it wears on, the dragon’s blood resins seem to come out, but still with the musks dominating the show. As it wears on, I’m not getting the Smut vibe as strongly as I was earlier. Overall, pretty good!