Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Apricot

So sweet, so good, it's almost a tiny bit fuzzy, just like the skin on a real apricot.

This isn't a fresh apricot, by the way. This is the scent of a dried, chewy apricot. I bought a package of these at the grocery store because a) we love them, and :P I wanted to be sure I was right.

Dead ringer!

Ooooo, THIS has got to be one of my favorite scents in the world. It's fuzzy alright, fuzzy and chewy and loaded with calories but oh so tangy and good for you, almost like a cross between dried apricots and apricot syrup. I don't know what it is about scents with JUICE, but this has it, and I'm a fiend for the juice.

Love it! I will definitely wear this by its gorgeous self!

Sweet and sticky and fuzzy Apricot, definitly more toward the dried apricot scent or an almost-over-ripe apricot. Strong and sweet and fruity and juicy. What a great scent and a dead-ringer for the real thing!

I got this in a swap from da Minx:)

Oh Wow! Warm, fuzzy, juicy apricot, but yeah, now that you mention it, it is a dead ringer for the dried, chewy variety. Mmm....or apricot leather. This is SO good. Of course, now I have to go and get some dried apricots. :P

I had some trouble with the 5ml bottle, and wound up getting WAY too much on me. I've been outrageously APRICOT all day long; the whole house smells as if we've been making apricot jam or something!

I'd suspected that this was going to be a good scent for me, since I like both March Hare and Siren, and I was right. It's sweet and fruity, and wasn't offensive to R. except by being too strong -- he insisted that we open the windows, since the weather has been nice today. I like the way it smells on me, and look forward to layering it with some of my other single-notes. But I'm not going to try any more of the big bottles until I get some plastic toothpicks or something to dip the oils with!

this is dried apricots, or apricot jam. since i love both, i'm quite enamored of my apricot single note! it's extra strong, essential apricot. i'm thinking its going to be a lovely summer scent! it evokes the seaons so well for me...

In bottle: It smells fuzzy. It sounds stupid, but trust me - it smells like a little fuzzy apricot. Possibly it's a dried apricot - I don't get much of a fresh vibe from it - but it's definitely fuzzy.

On me: Sweet and a bit juicier than in the bottle. This is lovely - I wish I'd gotten more of it. It's a great delicate summer scent.

at first: very sweet, but i think i can smell the pit of skin, too. it has a tinge of cough syrup, which makes me a bit worried.

on: wonderful. a true sweet apricot scent.

1 hour later: still very nice, but not as wet-smelling.

2 hours later: i think this is giving me a headache. it's just really strong.

5 hours later: much softer. more like the smell of dried apricots, which is nice.

overall: this isn't something i can picture myself wearing. i really like march hare and depraved, so i swapped away my imps.

I love this, it's oddly warm and comforting for such a tropical fruit. It is very much a dried apricot scent as apposed to fresh apricot, but it's lovely non-the-less and still a very juicy scent. Oddly when I first applied it I smelt coconut aswell, but that faded pretty quickly.

Apricot Single Note

Smells just like dried apricots--the ones that are fat and squishy and maybe not quite fully dried. I'm surprised at how strong it is on my skin--it keeps wafting up at me, making me crave dried apricots! :P

Rating (on skin): 2/5

Summarised in a word or two: Er, apricot!

In the imp/bottle: Sweet, warm, dried apricots!

On skin, wet: This is *strong*, and not nearly as sweet. This almost smells like rotting apricots.

On skin, dry: Back to sweet, warm, dried apricots!...for a while. Then, despite it being so strong, my skin devours it in less than half an hour.

Conclusion: I really love this in the imp -- it's sweet, juicy and very, very life-like. If only my skin would let it stick around.

Edited by Aredhel

Soft and sweet, I can smell a spicy bottom line.

It's more a dry apricot scent than a fresh one.

Did I say soft? My skin eats it! It's vanishing!

But it's oh, so sexy...

A warm and come-closer-to-smell-me perfume.

Bottle (Imp): Oh yes, it smells like apricots to me.

Just On: Wow, really strong apricots. Yummy.

An hour or two later: Gorgeous juicy apricots.

Around 6 hours: Wow, this turns into dried apricots. I have some, and I love to munch on them..

12 hours: It's pretty much gone. I like this.

Overall: This is truly yummy, and was worth every penny I paid for it. I would love to layer this with other fruity scents and just smell like fruit all day long.

After reading other reviews: I have to agree with the others who posted that it smells like dried apricots, though it starts out much juicier to me.

Apricot - from the Single Note Swap circle.

In the bottle: Yup, dried apricots.

On me: Well, it started as apricots. Then it morphs into something weird - it smells like sugary orange lollipops, complete with the chemical odor that goes with them. :D

Um, no. I've had trouble with most of the apricot scents anyway, so I guess we're not destined to be together... :P

This smells very, very tart to me. As described, it's a little bit soft and fuzzy around the edges, but mostly maintains an almost bergamot-like sourness. The throw, however, is the apricot scent that I'm most familiar with. Unfortunately this doesn't last long on me.

Wow. Reaaaallly strong at first. Also far more perfume-y than I was expecting from a single note, but only if I sniff my wrist. The waft is much more base fruit-y than perfume-y/flowery. It's even got the tart edge of a dried apricot. And it is more dried apricot than fresh: it's got the same punch that the dried ones do because the flavor is so much more condensed when they dry. Little sugar/sweetness at first. Very tart, very pointed--verges on the offensively pointed. Has a weird woody edge to it after an hour or two.

In the imp, this oil is VERY sweet, almost overpoweringly so. Upon application it is still very sweet. Very golden and sugary and slightly musky. It is more like an apricot canned in heavy syrup, than a fresh apricot. As it dries down, it mellows -- not so sugary now. It is still very musky and deep golden-amber, a very rich scent. As it ages on the skin, it begins to resemble the scent of a dried apricot rather than canned.

apricot.jpg

Strong, lemony and dry are the three adjective I would use to describe apricot single note. It is very attractive, smells like it was squashed right out of the heart of the fruit. Not sweet and juicy but woody and sophisticated. One of my favorites and I know why I like it in such faves as Fae. Wish the lab still sold this one. It lasts and lasts, too. A winner.

First on my skin this was incredibly strong and sweet, while also being incredibly tart. It reminded me of the dried apricot candies that I used to get at a lovely candy shop, they had a sort of sour/sugar glaze over them to make them more flavorful. This has the sugared sweetness, dry apricot, and tart sour glaze.

In the drydown this singlenote loses a lot of its sweetness, but starts to smell a lot more musky. Musky, tart, dry apricots. After an hour it isn't very sweet at all anymore and has taken on a slightly wooden smell. Interesting.

This never strikes me as a true/fresh apricot, it is something more artificial and perfumely. It's nice, but not one of my favorite singlenotes. I'll be swapping my decant.

First sniff: Wow. Oh, wow. Ohgawdamightytakemenow. This came in a round robin swap and I’m whining at the thought of sending it back. The opening is a little bit of spice and an almost almond-y scent, which is unexpected but awesome… as I keep inhaling it just gets rounder and juicier and by the time I run out of breath I’m surprised I don’t have juice dribbling down my chin and warm fruit-fuzz brushing my cheek. It’s reminded me I need to wear March Hare a heck of a lot more often.

Wearing: It’s just so juicy and so fruity and so fuzzy. I NEED MORE.

In Bottle: Apricot!!

On Skin: Um… super yum! Again, I’m getting the Strawberry Shortcake doll feel from this… but this time it’s the little Apricot doll. She was always my favorite… with Hopsalot the Bunny. :P Anyway, it smells a bit like the single note Georgia Peach… syrupy and amazingly sweet. Not a fresh apricot at all… more like canned apricots, or even the beautiful scent of concentrated dried apricots. I want more of this… yes… it is so pretty yet cute. Very feminine and fruity. A nice bright and fuzzy scent… apricot velvet to be exact. I want to lick my wrist… it’s a bit dangerous. I am suck a sucker for the single note scents, especially the foody ones. I need more!!! Please!! I’m begging… yes….

Single Note: Apricot - When I first apply this, it smells exactly like dried apricots and I absolutely love it. I’m positive it’s going to be a favorite among single notes. Unfortunately, as soon as it dries down, it takes on a weird smell that reminds me exactly like the scent of cheap drug store lipstick. It’s heavy and chemical and very artificial smelling, and doesn’t smell at all like apricot. Yet another single note that doesn’t work on my skin. It’s also very faint with virtually no throw and fades on my skin after about 75-90 minutes.

Very juicy and fruity, but also a smidge dry, if that makes any sense. It's got a sharp quality to it that I wasn't expecting. Can definitely tell the difference between this and peach - this is brighter and fruitier. There's a bit of Playdoh here, too.

odd reviewing single-notes ... what do you say "smells like apricot"? Well it does, out of the imp it smells like cough syryp. Wet, it's very sweet, a bit tangy and very much like dried apricots, it gets a bit less sweet with wear. In the scent family i'd say it's close to Georgia Peach.

Yerevan is a favorite, so I was looking forward to trying SN Apricot. I must admit that it was not what I initially expected. As many have noted, this is a very sugary and syrupy apricot--it reminds me of one of the Lab's candied or sugared notes. It was very, very sweet. As it dried down, it become more fruity--with a bit of tartness. This is what apricot tends to do on my skin when it is blended with the other notes. I do like the tangy stage of the SN better, but the sweet stage is tasty as well!