Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Imptress

Euphrosyne

Gardenia, tea rose, vanilla and jasmine.

Alright so Rose and Jasmine are typically notes of death on me. Rose goes ammonia 99% of the time and Jasmine amps to all heights. I think that if I want to wear either of them, I need to wear blends with the two of them together. When I first applied this blend the two of them got in the loudest, vicious, screaming catfight I think I have ever been witness to. And then about 1/2 hr in, right when I was about to give up I realized that for the first time, rose smelled like rose, and I could smell things other than jasmine. Unbelievable. The gardenia lends a tempering hand here and the vanilla gets more prominent throughout the drydown. It starts off very floral and ends up a creamy vanilla floral. Nice. But not something I would reach for very often. Edited by crebbsgirl

On me this starts off all kinds of crazy lemon! I love lemons, don't get me wrong, but jeeez mister! After a bit, it tones down slightly and some bright and creamy florals come out to play. This is very reminiscent of Carnaval Diabolique on my skin, just minus the haze of opium smoke...I'm going to have to do a side by side test here: Okay, CD is way sweeter and more creamy and hazy, while this is more floral and bright and tangy. I actually think I might like this better between the two! Like Arcana meets Carnaval Diabolique for some summer lemonade out in the garden! Tasty!

I looked up the notes before I tested this frimp so I was surprised to get a big jolt of fresh squeeze citrus (lemon?) when I first applied this. As it dries down the lemon dissipates and the florals come out: a quite pleasant tea rose with a bit of something that must be gardenia (I'm unfamiliar with the scent of gardenias). There's jasmine too, and, well... Jasmine is a life-ruiner for me. It adds a really unpleasant tint to Euphrosyne. Still, since I only put on a drop I could make it through to the dry-down and beyond. There's a tiny bit of vanilla in there when this is dry, but evil, evil depraved jasmine takes over.

The idea of this blend sounds lovely on paper-I'm just not sure what will happen when it actually hits my skin! Jasmine and rose can go SUPERSTRONG or kind of sour respectively.

This smells very pretty in the imp-a bright sweet almost fruity kind of floral-it is jasmine heavy for sure, so jasmine haters beware, but the gardenia, tea rose, and vanilla help temper the omgjasmine! Interesting!

Ooo! Yes, this is very pretty on my skin! I love the vanilla in this! Kind of like antique lace-y with added gardenia and jasmine! Gorgeous! Hard to describe, but wow, the jasmine is not too strong in this, which makes me so happy because I really do enjoy jasmine!

I'm not sure i'd be running to grab a bottle of this, but I really enjoyed this blend-it's a lovely sweet vanilla/jasmine floral! The fresh wet phase is the prettiest and brightest-either the gardenia or rose goes a bit odd on full drydown and the whole blend goes a bit powdery, but still very nice!

Edited by Suu4LC

I could have sworn there was peach in this! This is a creamy, heady floral with what I thought was a bit of peach. The vanilla seems to temper the gardenia and jasmine somewhat and is not as strong as similar blends with tropical florals. Kind of reminds me of Tiki Queen, but a little less florally. I'm not a gardenia/jasmine lover, so this one is off to swaps.

Imp: rose and gardenia having a tussle

Wet On Me: Gardenia and Jasmine for the moment.

Drying Down: More vanilla now over jasmine and gardenia. But soft.

Dry: Still soft vanilla gardenia and jasmine. So far they are holding the rose at bay so that it can’t sour this for me. This is pretty.

I'm having terrible luck with my untested imps today! :lol: I keep running into gardenia and jasmine.

Oh well. I'll give it a go anyway.

In the imp: Ummm I think I may have a mis-labled imp on my hands becasue this smells just like Carnivale Diabolique. The oil is even the same dark yellow color.

Wet: Lemon, smoke, ummm....a bunch of crap that's not listed in this one at all...NO jasmine whatsoever.

Dry: Carnivale Diabolique. I just tested this next to CD and it's a replica...there must've been a mix-up at The Lab becasue I see other people reporting the same thing.

Overall: Well I love CD so this is nice but I'm pretty sure this isn't what it's supposed to smell like! :lol:

Oh jasmine! Oh rose! Oh gardenia!

THIS IS HOW I LIKE YOU.

This is gorgeous blend, with some creamy vanilla to soften it.

I am definately keeping this imp, and may get a bottle.

The jasmine and vanilla combine in this in a sort of sweet, powdery candy smell, with a strong rose undertone. Pretty, but a strange scent for me to wear, probably going to pass this on.

I bought this with every intention of giving it to my mother. She loves the scent of gardenias, and we usually get a nice, long season full of the smell of them, thanks to the bushes growing right outside our front door. Unfortunately, that season has ended, so now it's time for perfume replacement! :D

I dabbed this one on her and it smelled wonderful, so I decided to test it on myself. What I expected to be overwhelmingly strong floral turned out to be a soft, creamy vanilla and gardenia scent that lingers on the skin. I love this!

I'm not loving the tea-rose, and I'm not a real rose-lover, but all the other notes are my favorites so I do end up enjoying this scent. The vanilla is the soft powdery vanilla from Antique Lace and the like. The gardenia fades away fast, as it usually does on me. The jasmine is similar to the jasmine in Oneiroi and Lilith and the Jarocho, but it's a hint of jasmine and not the main note.

Everything blends together into a lightly sweet, candied soft floral. It's really nice, and for some reason it reminds me of playing with toys as a child.

I must've got this because of the gardenia and vanilla. Didn't get any of those, though. This was the blend that made me find out that jasmine amps on my skin, blocks out all other notes and gives me a headache. :(

In the imp: Lemonade? Snapple pink lemonade? o.0

Wet: Floral. I get a hint of the tea rose and something slightly lemony.

Dry: Light florals, but they are being softened by something in the background. It is a very gentle scent.

A while later: Soft and gentle florals. Like blanket woven from tiny flowers has been laid across one. I think its the vanilla making this a soft and enveloping scent. Nice!

I ordered this as an Imp, since I was looking for rose scented items. In the bottle I found a very floral scent, with a hint of the Vanillla brightening things up.

On skin, I am getting mostly floral. Gardenia I *think* but some Jasmine as well. I really am not picking up any of the Tea Rose or Vanilla any more. Nice scent, and I'll probably keep it in mild rotation. :)

Glad to see I'm not the only one who gets a serious whiff of lemon! But just briefly...maybe 30 seconds or so, then the rose and jasmine start dueling for supremacy. Wow, neither one wins! After 10 minutes or so it dries down to a nice combination of rose, jasmine and another floral which must be gardenia since I don't know what it smells like. Vanilla chimes in and makes it a little creamy, really quite nice :)

Gardenia, tea rose, vanilla and jasmine, eh? Why on earth do I smell lemon, lemon, lemon and powder? I assumed there was either something weird going on with my skin chemistry or my nose was a bit confused, but I see a few others found the same thing.

In the imp this was lightly floral and tangy. Wet on skin, it was very lemony. Dry, it still has a little soft citrus to it, but there’s also a powderiness. Not sure where that would be coming from. The vanilla? The tea rose?

This smelled quite lovely in the imp, but doesn’t work particularly well on my skin.

*gardenia: no detection at. all. :mellow:

*tea rose: I don't really like the smell of those old fashion flowers mixed with exotic ones like gardenia,

but since I don't smell those, it's okey till now :tongue:

*jasmine: I LOVE jasmine and there is a little trace but not very much, not good enough to make me wanna get a bottle of Euphrosyne..

*vanilla: there is a lot of vanilla to sniff but why oh why does it give this citrussy smell aswell???

rate: 6, not worth the hunt, oh well, saves me time and money again I guess :wink:

Incense Rose is the first thing that comes to my head. I get a small fit of dizziness as I sniff closer to the scent as it's wet. I wonder if there's poppy or something of the like within it. Curious. As it dries, I swear there is some juniper smell and some moss component in there. It reminds me of a complex Seraphim and/or Rose Cross with how it dries on me; there is a bit of smoke almost enwrapping me. Now that I actually look at the component list, I'm way off base with a few notes. The Gardenia is actually causing the dizziness but oddly enough the Tea rose, Vanilla and Jasmine are playing nice. It's a really soft and pretty blend and drying it makes me feel like a sophisticated lady but Gardenia makes my head swim so sadly I have to pass.

:::EUPHROSYNE:::

The Vanilla does a great job balancing out the bold, competing florals in this blend.

Euphrosyne could almost be a matrimonial fragrance, if only because of personal associations with large, cascading boquets with Gardenias. For some reason, Jasmine will sometimes also bring church bells to mind... Peculiar!

The Tea Rose in Euphrosyne is crisp and demure... Brings to mind an elegant table setting at early evening with an older, matronly woman who is patiently trying to impose the importance of impeccable etiquette.

On the skin, the Jasmine in Euphrosyne dispatches the floral competitors with an athletically swung granite handbag.

Vicious-Vanilla is tolerated here, if anything, because of Her calculating ability to ferret out weakness and mash it into a whimpering pulp... That and she has the prettiest hair!

A very nice fragrance for Her.

Whimsical for Springtime.

4/5.

At first, something evil and lemon. Unfortunately, the lemon fades quickly, and I'm left with gardenia and jasmine slugging it out. I get no tea rose or vanilla, both of which I love.

I wound up with a headache from this.

Wet, there's rose and lemon notes apparent. As it begins to dry, it takes on a creamier quality that I assume is the vanilla. I'm picking up the gardenia and jasmine on dry down, but gardenia edges out over jasmine in throw.

Tea rose and gardenia are often death notes on me, but I had to try this one anyways for the jasmine and vanilla...

On the skin: Sweet jasmine. Not bad at all! Huh, I will need to try this one again. For some odd reason, I can barely smell it... Did my skin at it all up?

In the vial, I smell lemons. Huh? There's no lemon in this. Weird. Color, yellow.

Wet on my skin, Ok. Now I can pick out actual notes. I have no idea why this smelled like lemons in the imp. Bizarre. I'm still getting hints of lemon every once in a while, though. Mostly getting jasmine, vanilla, and gardenia.

10-15 minute drydown - Now it's all jasmine and gardenia, with a little lemon. Unfortunately, WAAAY too floral for me.