Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Imptress

Euphrosyne

Gardenia, tea rose, vanilla and jasmine.

This smells like a gentler, softer version of MB: Biggercritters. It starts out with a powdery rosy floral, and then after a few hours the vanilla comes out. It's a pretty simple fragrance, and I have to be in the right mood for it. Sometimes it threatens to go granny on me, so that's why I probably will not buy a bottle.

IN THE IMP: I smell some roses, and some vanilla, and some other floral I can't identify. But there's also something citrus-y in front, like lemon.

WET: Huh. A lot of lemon. Where is that coming from? Is that the gardenia? A tiny hint of warm vanilla and a few florals underneath. Not unpleasant, just not what I was expecting at all.

DRY: Still a little lemony, but more florals and vanilla. I didn't think I'd have any problems identifying each of the different florals in here, but I can't pick out a specific one at all. And the vanilla is turning a little rubbery on me. Keeping this, but not sure if I really like it yet. And I had such high hopes for this one, too. :P

In the bottle: gardenia very definitely, some roses, and I agree with jwhxtna that there is a slight, sharp note, something like a citrus note.

Wet: Gardenia and vanilla are the prominant notes on my skin. This is delicious, and all the better, the rose doesn't seem to be turning to soap on my skin!

Drydown: The vanilla comes to the front, with gardenia and rose backing it up. This is a delightful, bright scent with good throw. I do not find it too 'foody' or too 'floral'. I think it will be wonderful to wear on days when I need or want to be more light-hearted. This was a freebie from the lab, and I thank them a thousand times for it!

in bottle: Wow...I smell gardenia and jasmine. I mean WOW.

wet: I smell something REALLY sweet. maybe the gardenia? Not really sure, but I think the gardenia is mixing with the jasmine and the vanilla is tying them together nicely. I have no idea what tea rose it, but if this is any indication I imagine we will get along famously.

dry: This is a lovely scent. the really sweetness has died down some, but the florals are all playing nicely together. I really LOVE this scent!

9 out of 10

In the bottle: Immediate now-you-see-it-now-you-don’t blast of citrus that leaves behind a heavy, heavy scent of what can only be described as ”generic perfume”.

Wet: Ack! The gardenias have ganged up with the roses to form something that goes straight for my sinuses. The jasmine and vanilla are sensibly keeping out of the way of the rampage.

Dry: Why, hello there, vanilla. You took your sweet time showing up. The scent mellows considerably over time and turns into something that is definitely wearable – just not by me. On me, the florals lose their individual characteristics, and mingle into something I can only describe as “flower garden in direct sunlight on the hottest day of the year”.

Addendum: Huh. Another half hour, and the whole thing is gone, leaving only lingering traces of gardenias and vanilla.

Imp: Sweet floral. Reminds me of Tamora in concept. The last time I wore Tamora I was told (in a good way) that I smelled like a baby's head.

Wet: Normally vanilla takes some time to decide if I will be graced with her presence. The vanilla leaps out at me right away and goes for the jugular. I can smell the general sweetness of the gardenia. This is almost foodlike on me.

Dry: Full on vanilla tempered by soapy jasmine. Sounds nasty but surprisingly good. Sort of sharp and classical and makes me feel not like an old lady but much younger than I currently am. I probably would have worn this in high school in the hopes that the boy behind me would smell it during social studies. Depending on where I smell my wrist I can smell the other florals,

Throw: Full and strong. If you amp vanilla, be judicious in your application.

Overall: Cute. It's a nice day scent and a bit of a morpher. I will hang onto my imp and see if I want a big bottle when I'm done.

In the bottle this is very sweet, smells almost like a very sweet citrus.

On my skin, it smells like a very sweet cleaning product.

Kind of like an orange furniture polish.

Some things are so not for my skin chemistry, and this is one of them :P

Euphrosyne's a little awkward on me from time to time... rose rot in the beginning sometimes, and some green banana stages (gardenia), but it's a delicate, sweet, sugary, slightly vanilla, light floral in the end.

in the imp: gardenia and jasmine.

wet on skin: the vanilla amps a bit, but it's not the heavy, rich vanilla of, say, Love's Philosophy. this is a lighter vanilla, making me think of the actual pod.

dry down: the vanilla has slacked off a bit and the gardenia steps forward to become...powdery air freshener? :P

in all: well, if you like light florals with a powder edge, this is for you. me? i'll stick with Love's Philosophy.

:D

In the vial: sweet and strangely foody, despite the florals!

Wet on skin: mmmmmmm - I wasn't expecting to like this from the notes listed, but the vanilla is very prominent and saves it! I wish that jasmine would go away, though!

Dry on skin: nasty jasmine! With some very nice vanilla. *sigh* I don't get rose at all.

Sniffed in imp: Sweet, soapy, heady flowers. Strong on the jasmine and rose.

Jasmine AND vanilla? *hides in terror*

In the imp, roses and jasmine. Flowers.

On me roses, and jasmine...and sweetness...which may be the way the vanilla is playing on my skin tonight.

The jasmine is really showing up on my elbows and wrist. The roses have backed off into the far background. It's reminding me a bit of Flying Fox from Lush. I don't know that it is the same, but, the jasmine is there.

Several hours later, the scent has changed quite a bit on my skin. Right now it is a really lovely vanilla, that I can't stop sniffing, backed up and made not a foodie scent by what smells to me like a whiff of star jasmine. Star Jasmine has always smelled to me like a cross between jasmine and gardenia, so this must be those two scents backing up the vanilla.

This...this is what I wanted O to smell like.

Well, not precisely, but, the effect to me is the sexy vanilla that some people described with O that I just did NOT get.

I like this. I like all the changes it goes through, but, I especially love the way it smells after it has dried for a bit.

The next morning, I can still smell it faintly on my skin, and it is still the vanilla with enough gardenia and jasmine behind it to take it out of the food category.

Edited by Aerinha

Euphrosyne is something I never would have picked out based on the notes. Yet bizarrely enough, I really like it.

Jasmine has ruined so many blends for me, but it's behaving itself here. I can smell it, but it's not dominating any other note.

Rose is another note that tends to stand out at the expense of everything else, but it's very subdued and seems to be hidden amongst the other florals.

The gardenia/vanilla combo reminds me of Le Serpent Qui Danse, but the lemony note (whatever it is...) adds a nice contrast and complexity to the sweetness.

I'm very pleasantly surprised, but it's definitely a morpher so I'm not completely convinced it works on me. The vanilla seems ok, maybe developing a hint of plastic but not as bad as usual.

Wet in imp:

sweet floral

Wet on skin:

strong jasmine and a lily of the valley-like scent… and cucumber? (what has my chemistry done with this??)

Drydown:

overpowering floral - I suspect the gardenia may be what's too much for me

Wearlength:

decent lasting-power

Final impression:

After the first few hours of overwhelming floral, it turned to an amazing vanilla.

I got frimped! And I am in lurve...again! At first I get sweet gardenia.. it isn't to harsh (the rose and vanilla powder it up a smidge) As it dries it gets softer and the gardenia goes behind the scenes to support the Jasmine that decided to jump out and say "HI!" I love it! One of my favorite scents of all time is Jasmine Vanilla perfume from B&B works and this reminds me of that scent! Very nice.. it's sweet and sassy!

In the bottle- Vanilla and roses.

On me- I really like the florals in this one. They're quite lovely without being too perfumey. It's the vanilla I'm not quite sure that I buy. At first they're definitely battling each other in a fight to see which comes out on top, both strong, but not really melding. It settles down into something nice and sweet though, while still retaining the lovely rose/gardenia blend that I'm really digging. I couldn't decide whether I liked this scent or not, as I have a love/hate relationship with vanilla. Definitely have to keep sniffing, but I think I like this one a lot. There's some fun and mirth in there.

In the vial: very sharp jasmine, an almost citrusy quality, along witha little vanilla. I like...

On my skin: well, that smells nothing like it did in the vial! Within seconds the sharper elements have disappeared, leaving more or less exclusively vanilla. If I press my nose up against my wrist I can just about get some of the jasmine, but from any distance it's all vanilla (albeit quite pleasant vanilla). Not picking up any rose or anything else for that matter. Nice enough, but certainly nothing exciting. It might be nice to soften up other things, though...

In bottle/imp: Bright and sweet gardenia and light, powdery vanilla.

Immediately on skin: The gardenia is the main note in this. It’s fruity and very sweet. Blending in is light tea rose and vanilla, the latter of which is turning a little powdery on my skin. It’s a bright and sweet (and almost fruity) floral with a little depth and a touch of powdery vanilla.

After a little while: This is a sweet, creamy floral blend with a hint of vanilla powder. Mainly this blend is gardenia and tea rose, but I can sense the deeper jasmine. The vanilla blends throughout the whole scent, adding a nice blended quality and powdery creaminess.

Overall Impressions: This is very pretty and sweet with a very girly feel to it. The gardenia, tea rose, and vanilla combine nicely and really balance out eachother nicely. This is a happy floral blend for sure, and the jasmine adds a bit of depth. The vanilla in this turns a bit powdery on me, but since I have problems with about half of the lab’s vanilla blends, I’m sure this would be lovely on a lot of other people.

At first, I really started to like this, but then the jasmine seemed to become more and more pronounced and I had to wash it off. The vanilla does keep the jasmine somewhat in check, but it's still too much for me.

Gardenia and jasmine together killed Bigger Critters for me and they're not so great here either, but on the bright side, the vanilla is soft and beautiful. The tea rose isn't coming through on my skin. A nice floral vanilla if you can cope with jasmine.

In the vial: Jasmine and another floral, rather tart.

Wet: Sharply sweet and tart, in a very pleasant but unidentifiable way. It's almost as if there's a fruit in there.

Twenty minutes: Jasmine and vanilla, with a tart floral behind it. It smells oddly foody, like some kind of delicious fried fruit dessert (plantain fritters, maybe?)

One hour: The vanilla on this one has gone all smoky, like the one in Mme Moriarty and maybe The Illustrated Woman. It's also dominating the blend. Still, it's not as pleasant as I expected. It seems labored, almost bitter.

Two hours; Still smoky vanilla, with almost nothing else present. Disappointing because it's not at all what I wanted, but not unwearable.

Four hours: Still mostly the same, with a hint of jasmine.

All three of the Graces were near-misses on me. Alas, I am Graceless!

Ohgod, I get the jasmine of doom in this blend. It's sharp, floral, and the jasmine is so predominant, and it gets the dreaded cat pee edge.

Even my son, whose not into describing smells and is going through that lovely stage in which farts and fart jokes are the best thing in the world, went "Ew!"

Sweet heady floral, imp to dry down. I get some jasmine and rose...but it's mostly that aforementioned floral that I can't really identify? Maybe its the gardenia? ...I don't really know what gardenia smells like so I could be wrong. Overbearing...there's something in this I'm not too fond of and since I know I like rose, vanilla and jasmine, I'm inclined to blame the gardenia. Hmmm. :huh?:

For me, this is the eighties in liquid form. I remember having several scents that were heavy on the gardenia, and this scent reminds me very much of those when it's wet. Sweet, a bit floral, hints of citrus... the "feel" is very similar to Verdandi (not the same scent - you know what I mean). The early dry down makes me sad, though. The sweetness disappears and it turns scary, ultra floral, and sort of like a hair product I can't place. Occasionally I get a scent like violets peeking through, but it's mostly rose. Very little vanilla on me until the late dry down, and then that's what I am left with. It's the same vanilla as Black Opal, and very pretty. The rest of the circus left town completely. Sillage and wearlength unknown.

Edited by Indig0

imp: mostly gardenia with a bit of jasmine.

wet: plenty heavy on the gardenia but the rose is coming up fast as this warms on my skin. somehow, the overall effect is almost lightly lemony gardenia.

dry: dries to a lightly lemony gardenia scent with a touch of jasmine in the background. i'm not a fan or rose, gardenia or jasmine but this scent is nice considering it has three deal-breaker notes in it.