Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
rainbow

Thalia

Plumeria, pear and white champagne.

In the imp: Tropical floral with a faint tinge of alcohol (the drinking variety, not the icky perfume kind)

Wet on skin: Yup, this is definitely plumeria all the way. The champagne adds a tiny kick and the pear is nowhere to be found. This makes me sad because I love the Lab's pear note.

Dry on skin: Once the plumeria calms down the blend is quite lovely. If you like plumeria, you'll love Thalia.

imp: very faint pear and plumeria. very soft.

wet: this is almost entirely plumeria while it's wet, not bad, but i wanted more pear.

dry: very nice, there's much more pear once this dries and it seems very equally pear and plumeria, the champagne is definitely in the background and not at all boozy.

This scent is absolutely perfect for Thalia. It is such a happy scent, and the feeling bubbles over every time I wear it.

The pear balances out the floral perfectly, leaving it warm and sunny, but not overwhelming. It makes me think of a field of bright yellow flowers, with a cool, clear creek trickling beside it.

Doesn't have much throw, but does last forever on me. I find myself reaching for this more than any other floral that I have. Definitely on the 5ml list for the next order. Absolutely love it.

At first it's sweet pear with some floral but as it dries it's mainly plumeria with some champagne (it smells sweet bubbly and not boozy).

the sweet, fruity floral scent of plumeria is the star here, backed by crisp juicy pear. the champagne adds a slight alcoholic note. overall, this blend smells sort of like hairspray. i might have liked it better without the alcohol -- it’s giving me a mild headache. oh well – another one for the swaps pile!

At first I would have sworn there was some kind of creamy coconut note in here... Drting down to a rich, tropical scent bursting with golden ripe fruit. Probably would have sworn there was peaches in here too... Beautiful, but not my cup of tea

For me, Thalia is All Plumeria All The Time. It's be a good thing if I liked plumeria, but it's so sickeningly sweet that it makes me feel nauseous. I had the same problem with Tiki Queen...it's not bad but you gotta really like it to wear it.

I will say, unlike some other BPALs I've gotten, Thalia is a scent that fits its name. On me it smells like the really sweet white sangria we served at our wedding, very summery, sweet and fresh.

I'm a little sad that pear doesn't amp on me- wet I get more of the plumeria and it's very white grape on the dry down- but the pear does hang around and make it sweeter and fresher smelling. I will try this again in spring or summer, as it seemed a touch too sunny to fit in cold, dark November.

Effervescent, bright & crisp. Plumeria is dotted with ripe pear. It is a perfect scent for the summer. Bubbly, bright and simply gorgeous.

I do love me some pear. Yesterday was Bon Vivant -- strawberry and champagne -- so today is Pear and Champagne. Funny how that worked out.

This is more of a floral pear than a boozey pear on me. Very sweet and feminine. Definitely makes me think of wearing a cotton sun dress and standing out in the summer breeze.

Unfortunately, my skin must hate peach and pear -- two of my favorite notes! I can't get any of them to last on me much longer than an hour. And the throw is only about 3 inches from where I put it on. Sad.

In the bottle, it's juicy pear and wine.

On the skin, more floral and delicious, a lovely blend.

However it didn't last very long on me. Three hours later, it's gone powdery-floral, no pear left at all which is a bummer. Maybe if I put it in a scent locket, I can sustain the pear and champagne notes longer?

Sparkling peach and pear champagne. Very sweet and warm. Lovely, subtle and so so feminine. I like it alot. Perfect for Spring!

I had a bottle of this for a while because I really enjoyed how fresh and different it was. However, I recently received an imp of it again and reminded myself of why I swapped it - there's just something candy-like, or candle-like about it...that pear note is just a bit too sweet, and it overpowers the general refreshing nature of the scent.

I still maintain it's an excellent choice for when you want to cool off on a humid summer day, though.

Thalia

This is pretty much a plumeria single note on me. Nice for plumeria, but it isn't one of my favorites.

Sniff: fruity, slightly boozy

Wet: the booze isn't as apparent now, this is mostly refreshing pear and plumeria. light and sparkling.

Dry: so pretty! it's a bright, classy perfume, non-foodie sweet and delicate.

Wet: a whoosh of plumeria that just radiates. Instant mood lifter. The pear is actually green.. not overripe. no champagne yet.

Drydown: perky plumeria is still jumping around. Greener and dryer.. now I smell the champagne! Slightly boozy but fun. Can't decide it it's a nsfw or sfw..

Oh! I like this...In the imp I smell a strong plumeria accord. On my skin I get a linear sweet accord similar to bubblegum,yet it almost sparkles so that must be the champagne.I'm not one of those people who minds reapplying a perfume throughout the day, otherwise this blend wouldn't be for me at all. On my skin Thalia morphs into a faint soapy skin scent..I think this one will be lovely for summer, but it didn't blow my mind.

Edited by TigerLilyFeet

In The Imp: Tart. I almost wanna drink it. :yum: Very, very well-blended. The champagne note smells less fizzy and more smooth – like white wine, rather than champagne. The pear makes me think more of strawberries, to be honest. (Not a complaint, though!) I definitely pick up the plumeria as well. All in all, it reminds me of plumeria body products from Bath & Body Works and Champagne & Strawberry body products from Victorias’ Secret. This may be an exception to my no-foody-scents rule, though it’s less foody and more drink-like to me.

Immediate Application: It settles into plumeria after a few minutes and I feel like I’m wearing B&BW lotion, though I can still pick up traces of sweetness and tartness when I sniff just right. Very pink and golden, though mostly pink b/c the body products I associate it with are/were pink.

30-45 Minutes Later: NOTE TO SELF - do not wear if there’s a chance you’ll be around brewing coffee. Ick.

I like it, but I’ll have to test it again sometime for this part b/c the coffeemaker in the food bank office where I work is competing rather unpleasantly with it at the moment. :sick: Not a good work-shift blend for coffee shop employees.

**ETA: SECOND TEST - 03/1/11**

Mmmmmyes. Not an absolute fave, but this one's definitely a keeper. No coffee in sight, (err, smell?) so no stomach queasiness. Very serious fruit juice cravings, though...

Edited by lavenderfrost

In the bottle: very juicy pears (almost overripe), plumeria, and a bit of decadence in the form of champagne! it's incredibly juicy and makes me want to keep inhaling. I enjoy the sweetness, particularly because it's a little bit unlike me. it's pink and gold, like a bunch of unexpected roses, and sweet almost to the point of overwhelmingly girly. still, I like it, for reasons that I can't put my finger on (other than it smells incredibly yummy).

On my skin: plumeria comes through more strongly on my skin, which is still nice, though less sweet than it was in the bottle. as it ages, it starts to remind me of a very juicy, sweet green tea that I used to wear when I was in high school. the pears and champagne are still there, but only in slices.

Last thoughts: oh I could slather this delightfully summery scent on! it just makes me smile.

I think this is in my top 5: (which are so far Delight, Antheia, Muse, and La Belle au Bois Dormant, and now this.) To me, this is very similar to La Belle au Bois Dormant, however they are dissimilar enough to warrant separate purchases. I bought the 5 ml of this- used up the imp very quickly. It is the more "daytime" version of La Belle, it is bright and sparkly instead of lush and languid. I wear both by the gallon.. and have received compliments on both. I only wish that it was just a tad longer-lasting, there is a slather-factor here that will make that bottle go pretty quick. Plumeria FTW! :wub2:

I think this is a very good choice for the muse of comedy/ good cheer. Very "happy" scent.

In the imp: Just as advertised - plumeria, fresh pear, boozy fizziness.

On: Sweet and juicy pear with plumeria! The champaigne doesn't show up much on me. Very nice, though I think I may be detecting a slightly soapy edge right now... hopefully my skin will keep that in check, the last pear blend I tried (Endymion) died a soapy-dusty death on me within half an hour.

Later: Nope, the pear stays around, although it turns a bit bubblegummy the longer the scent stays on my skin. I think this one will warrant further testing, though, since at first, it was quite pretty!

First Sniff: Plumeria and happiness

Wet: The plumeria seems to get heavier. I think I can smell some sort of heavy fruity note too.

Dry: As it dried, the plumeria faded and pear took over. Not in an unpleasant way, but it became much less flowery-springtime and much more deep and fruity. Once it dried completely the pear faded and there’s some sugary smell overlaying everything; it’s probably the champagne.

My Reaction: I liked the deeper pear smell and the plumeria was nice. Not sure how I feel about the champagne yet, although it seems a bit too ‘perfumey” to my nose. It seems to switch between too much fizzy champagne and juicy pear; I'd prefer the pear stick around. It did make me feel cheerful though which is right in line with the Muse of Comedy.

Rating 1-5: 3

In imp: this is a sweet mix of fruit and floral, almost candy-like. I went "oooh" as I sniffed this! Plumeria and pear is well-blended.

Wet on skin: the pear seems to rise up more than the plumeria now, and the candy-like sweetness is still there. Slightly bubbly, almost bubblegummy--I have "I LIKE" in caps here, and a note than I should have tested this before I sent off my first lab order.

Dry: fun, candy-like, bubbly, and not as bubblegummy as wet. The plumeria seems to rise up now--it's not as pear-y as before. I think the plumeria goes a little soapy for me, as much later on it does turn rather soapy, "cleaner" than "bubbly".

Verdict: it started out so well, but sadly I think I will be letting this one go. I might use it a couple more times and see where it leads, but it's not going to be a bottle for me, unless something changes later on.

Imp: I thought I smelled lily but I guess that's plumeria. Wet and bubbly and sweetly floral in the imp.

Wet: Almost immediately turns soapy. :ack:

dry down: mellows down a little bit. I can smell something green and fruity, but it doesn't really remind me of pears. Maybe candied pears.

all in all, it's not a scent for me. it's very light and happy and floral, not really my thing.