Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
violetblue

Corazon

The scent of divine mercy, pulsating and throbbing through the heart of every living creature. Glorious red musk and a halo of golden amber with a touch of wet mango, lavender, and purple sage.

This is TO DIE FOR!!! Oh man am I so glad that I was able to buy a bottle before it was discontinued.

The mango is the dominant note, with the amber, red musk, and purple sage spicing it up nicely and giving it gorgeous depth. It's sweet, it's spicy, it's a perfect summer scent! :P

Oh. My. Gods.

Corazon is amazingly lovely. On first application today, it was a little overly fruity, but melded into a warm, warm, gorgeous blend of the musk, amber and mango. Later on, I reapplied, and the sage was more dominant for a long time, and then the mango popped out again. Eventually it fades to ambermusk, still warm, still golden-red. I'm so glad I got it!

First things first-can I just say that the bottle is probably the most aesthetically appealing in my collection.

In the (beautiful) bottle, Corazon is very intriguing. I can smell the lavender, the amber, and the mango. The sage and musk are well in the background. My skin hates the scent, however, which I’m going to blame on the sage-which hops right on up to the front and screams hello, giving the scent a sour, almost astringent quality.

I don’t think I’ll wear it again, unless I get brave/curious. I may keep it though-just for the sake of the bottle.

In the bottle this smelled pleasant. On, wet I was hit full face with....Desitin. Those of you unfamiliar with the product, it is for the bottoms of babies. :P

That flash of creamy Desitin goes away and it replaced with an herbal cream that goes on top of the Desitin. Not getting any mango, fruit, lavendar...nada.

I bought this for Emu so I am not crying too hard, but still....mango is a lovely smell when it comes out.

My girlfriend just got a bottle of this. She didn't remember what she had ordered and since this bottle doesn't have a name printed on it, we weren't sure what it was. As soon as I put it on, I thought it might be a mislabled Mi-go Brain Canister, because all I could smell was fruit and spice, it seemed quite peppery. We finally figured out it was Corazon, so that explains the fruit, must have been the mango I was smelling. Considering I don't usually like fruity scents, this was pretty nice, the pepper saved it for me. Nothing I would want a bottle of but I'm glad I got to try it :P .

Fruitiness with a little bit of musk. I feel kind of like a shithead for not buying a real bottle while it was up for charity. Think of the donkeys! I like donkeys. Anyway, the scent is nice. I dig it.

Corazon: mmm - the mango and musk are the prominent notes in this blend to me, and I am really enjoying it! The musk makes it feel more like a fall scent to me, not one I would reach for in the heat of summer. It doesn't change very much upon drydown, maybe going just a bit softer on the musk. Overall, fruity, sweet, musky - all the things I love! :P

It reminds me very much of my beloved Hunter Moon, and I am so happy that I got to try it, courtesy of the Oblation Caravan. I'd really like to be able to track down a bottle for myself!

I love this scent so much. its this amazingly heavy scent that somehow doesn't overpower you. The sage sits underneath the fruit and floral (i smell a lot of rose in this one on my skin) and musk and amber and is present just enough to calm you down and say "this is all going to work out... you smell fabulous"

this is a very sexy, very serious scent... it really turns the hubby on... :D

I am sooooooo glad that I swapped for a 5ml of this... :P

This is definately one of my "going out" scents

Bright, bright. A high smell in the nose with something vaguely irritating. Then the sage pops and smells like Hot Topic. Ick. Not me.

In Bottle: Fruity and floral.

On Skin: So beautiful! Oh, the mango is strongest with the sage giving a clean spicy note. The musk and amber give such warmth, their red and golden notes shine! The lavender is soft ands a lot of femininity to the scent. I truly see this as a woman’s scent. I wish I had bought a bottle!!!

I LOVE this!!!! It isn't overly fruity, and the amber and musk mix with it wonderfully. I can't smell any lavendar on my skin or in the bottle which is good because I am definately not a lavendar girl. I can smell more of the mango initially but as it dries down the musk and amber comes out more. It is a pretty sexy scent and I wish I got another bottle as I can see myself wearing this alot.

Drat!!!!

The musk and amber in this are really strong at first. Wet, this blend is really not for me. Upon drying, the mango really stands out and sweetens the blend nicely. It’s quite strong, though. The amber is really amped up on my skin (as usual) making this one for the swap pile

Wow, a truly unique scent, and lovely that it was for a good cause.

I smell a fruity sourness, like a kiwi cut in half, or bitters in a fruity alcoholic drink. I do smell the mango in this but it is definitely a raw freshly cut mango, not the sweetness of juice.

The sweetness isn't overwhelming, it's not quite musky either, just slightly bitter. Slightly. This is an amazing scent for summer, and for the Lush fans in the bunch, goes swimmingly with the sweet-sour-bitter scent of Skin Sin lotion.

Just... intoxicating. Like a porch on a summer evening with fruity cocktails. Yes...

I was so excited about the 'chili' note some people had experienced. I was very disappointed when all I got out of it was the 'cherry nyquil' scent someone else was talking about. very saddening... it was beautiful in the bottle and stinky on my skin. :P

For some reason when I read the description and reviews of this, I just knew I was going to love it. Mango, sage, amber, red musk...some of my favorite scents and lavender's not so bad either.

Somehow, this blend is amazingly everyhing I imagined and nothing I imagined all at once.

Some of the blends I've tried so far are solid - they smell like what they are in the bottle and I put them on and that is what they smell like all day. Others dance around and change and morph in the most amazing ways - Corazon is a dancer. A damn fine one.

In the bottle and wet on my skin it is juicy and sharp. I can smell all of the notes and they are playing well with others.

About an hour later, my wrists smelt of turkey - Thanksgiving Turkey rubbed with juice and *SAGE* - for about two hours I was afraid that the purple sage was going to be my unduing. I love the scent, but that was *all* I could smell for wnat seemed like forever.

Then, I sniffed my wrist and it was...Mango! The mango, interlaces with the herbs and the amber, oh, it was wonderful...

And then, just when I thought Corazon had beaten it's last transformative beat, about 6:30 this evening, almost 12 hours after I slathered myself this morning and long after most of the scent had faded, there was my friend red musk, slipping out from behind his desert rock for an evening stroll.

This is really a breathtaking blend and I am so happy to have laid hands on a bottle (which is lovely in itself)...

Tried this one out while I was down at the beach on vacation. Wet, it was strong and sharp, with a sort of metallic hint to it, though it still remained a 'warm' scent. It does remind me of hot desert sand and tangy fruit, and brings up memories of my trip to Mexico a few years back. There's almost a slight alcoholic sort of edge to it, as well, though very faint, and there's also what seems to be a sort of peppery scent to it, as well. Rather complex, I'd say.

After it mellows out and dries down, it's a smokey, spicy sort of scent. It stayed on my skin for quite a while.

It wasn't quite the sort of scent I'd normally have gone for, but I rather like it, and I'll be keeping it.

Origin: Oblation Caravan (so, many of these are going to very short reviews because I've got about 4 of the circular swaps at once right now.)

Mmmm. this one is very warm and evocative. It's deep, but has a touch of sweetness to it. to be honest, I could almost see "the living flame" smelling like this.. If I'd gotten to try the imp before it went away, I would definitely have considered getting a 5ml of this one.. or at least an imp or two. :P

Courtesy of a swap with Batgirl

In the bottle: Resin-y with some pine notes.

On me: I can smell the sage and some floral, but it's really well blended.

This is nice. A very summer scent - light and fluffy.

(Origin: Oblation caravan.) Honey, mango, and something juicy, lush, and red. This scent is so sweet and hopeful that smelling it brings a smile to my lips. I regret that I didn’t snatch this one up when I had the chance, because this really is a heart’s-ease kind of scent.

Corazon

In the imp: juicy and tangy mango musk, with green sage.

Wet on skin: ooh, the sage really comes out now! It adds a deep green herbal scent to the red musky scent. The lavender's there too.

Dry on skin: this is really nice! It's mainly deep green-smelling sage and lavender, but I can also make out a bit of sweet amber, mango and red musk underneath. It's a mellow, herbal scent, with hints of fruity juiciness, and I'm hoping the wonderful musk makes more of an appearance on drydown!

After a while: oh yeah, as the scent dries down, the mango comes out, wet and juicy, succulent and ripe. I think the amber enhances the sweetness and 'golden-ness' of the mango note. I can't really make out the musk here, but it's in the background, and the sage and lavender are still there, though not as strong.

After about an hour, the notes balance each other out nicely. The tangy sweetness of the mango with the herbal notes mingle nicely with the amber and musk. It's delicious!

Verdict: this is a gorgeous, rich scent, which is an interesting mix of fruity, herbal, sweet and musky. The mango in here is lovely-it smells deliciously ripe, it's sweetness enhanced by amber. Sage and lavender add a nice herbal touch, the sage in here adding a nice green aspect. The lovely red musk is in the background, in here it's subtle, but it enhances the overall scent wonderfully. I love this fragrance and will cherish the imp I have of it.

At first sniff... corazon reminds me slightly of Titania, but much less sickly sweet. I think it's the musk that's toning down the fruit.

On my skin... wet, it retains a cherry/mango fruit smell. It's very pretty and fresh. I do smell the musk, red musk, my favorite! As I said above, it really keeps the reins in on the fruits.. I'm not a fruity blend lover, but this is acceptable and even enjoyable.

Dry down.. I do smell some herbal notes coming through.. Lavender and sage. I love this oil because I can pick out all the various notes in their various stages.. it's fun.

After about an hour the musk and lavender are most prominent, letting the fruit take a backseat, though I do atill smell their faint juiciness. This is great stuff. I think of sunsets in the southwest when I have this on.

I wish it weren't an LE.. i would buy this right up.

In the bottle: I keep thinking it smells of grapes, but it really doesn't. It just smells very purple.

On, wet: Much as it is In the imp, it's fruity-plus-something. Still very purple.

Later: Unfortunately, the red musk comes on a little strong for me. But I really like the rest of the scent, so I may try layering it with something offensively sweet-fruity, to bring back out that purpley-fruity... stuff... I can smell underneath the musk. Maybe Jester, or Lady MacBeth. I may also try it as a room scent, see if the musk stays more hidden like it is in the bottle.

Rating (on skin): 1/5

Summarised in one word: Musky.

In the imp: Lavender! There's a bit of amber lurking far below, but the most striking note is lavender, in the imp.

On skin, wet: Deep, musky amber. Strangely, my skin isn't picking up the lavender, a very rare thing! This is a very "red" scent, and it reminds me of what The Living Flame would perhaps smell like, were it heavier on the musk, and less floral.

On skin, dry: Wow, this is heavy musk. It's kind of overwhelming, actually. The throw is intense! It lasts for hours.

Conclusion: Not a fan. I was hoping that the amber would be the dominant note, but the musk took charge, and that was that.

Edited by Aredhel

Yummy! :P

I was lucky to get this in a swap. I don't really like mango, but apparently I like the way it smells :D This is mostly mango on me at first, but the musk and amber come out in the background making it less sweet. The mango wafts though....It stays pretty true on my skin thankfully.

Another one with red musk that I love!

This and Cerberus are my favorites of the Oblation blends. The mango in this is so lovely. Mango and pepper. It does remind me a bit of Mi-Go, only Mi-Go had more fruits swirling around and less spice.

I'm glad that the sage never really comes out much on me, because sage usually smells dirty and awful on me.

The drydown of this is lovely. I normally don't like musk, but this is a very creamy musk. The juiciness of the mango lingers in the background and the golden amber comes out. Juicy, ambery, and a bit spicy. :P