Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

It starts out with bright, tart, luscious guava. The dry down is where the slightly more vegetal fig and the smoothness of the vanilla cream come out and balance that loud tartness. Love it, definitely a keeper.

Juicy sweet guava against a background of cream and green fig. Not lactonic. Feels gentle and innocent, but deliciously ripe and dripping with juice. The imagery might be sexual, but the scent is actually more tropical. If it was a color, it'd be bright rosy pink (like guava). 

Just Before Penetration: pink fig smells like it sounds, fig, but make it Barbie pink. This is a sweet scent, but not candied. The sweetness comes from the ripe fruit and vanilla kissing. The cream isn't lactonic, but more like a soft fuzziness. This is Awake after she's taken off her slinky dress and make up and is fresh faced and sweet, wrapped up in her fuzzy pink robe.

Juicy and mouthwatering, like cutting a ripe grapefruit. It reminds me very strongly of Pacifica Ruby Guava until the fig shows up, an earthy fig I have smelled in other BPAL blends. I don't get the vanilla cream per se but I imagine it's the base holding it all together. 

The pink fig is the star of the show here, and it's the same one found in Dead Leaves, Vanilla Bean, Pink Fig, and Brandied Dates. It is not as figgy as other fig notes, but it is still strong, and never allows the guava to take over. I also am not getting the vanilla cream from this, but maybe it just needs some time to age before it peeks out. As a result, this is much tarter than I was expecting. Drag on a Slime and Xanthe, the Weeping Clown both feature guava, but are much sweeter since they're accompanied by sugary notes. But the guava in this is juicy, but not sweet -- I think that may be partially due to the fig not wanting to share the stage with the other notes very much.

I will hold onto this bottle for at least a month and see if the vanilla cream emerges after it has had more time to settle. But at the moment, I prefer Dead Leaves, Vanilla Bean, Pink Fig, and Brandied Dates.