Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I have a couple other BPALs with molasses, but this one has molasses front and center. Sticky, dark, rich, like burnt sugar but gooey, less buttery than caramel but still kinda caramelized. ...and then there's the amber, which is also sweet, but in a different way.  At the end of a full day of wear I thought I smelled a bit like incense somehow, but better - it's not smoky, just... idk. Maybe something to do with the cinnamon bark. My skin didn't feel spicy wearing this and the cinnamon definitely adds some warmth to the scent, but at least on me it does not take over. 

This one stayed pretty true to my first impression: warm gooey molasses amber with a chunk of cinnamon bark drowning in it. Not quite a gourmand but still so yummy!

Edited by LavenderCoffee

I immediately fawned over this one because of the molasses note. If any of you are obsessed with Big Bertha’s Big Molasses Muffins from Bitch Planet, you will be on my level. 

Elizabeth’s Imps stays close to the skin and the black molasses with the cinnamon has a gorgeous, slightly smoky effect to it. On the drydown I can smell the amber in the background. This does not belong in a scent locket, it needs heat from the skin to really bring it to life. 

This was very warm, sweet, skin-close, and a little smoky. I wore this for my year-and-a-day handfasting on the solar eclipse new moon and it was the perfect accompaniment for a promise in the shadows of a different sort! I enjoyed the caramelized notes and the overall warmth of the scent. Comforting, familiar, but yet unique.

The molasses, cinnamon, and other baking spices are here, but the amber really shines through in this scent. On me, this is not foodie at all. While the amber warms the various spices, it also dominates the scent. This is more a strong amber perfume while making spicy molasses cookies, than the molasses cookies themselves.

I like this a lot. Probably a top 10 spot.

In the bottle it was a strong, almost caramel molasses, strong, sweet and in your face. The cinnamon was giving it an almost burnt edge to it.

On the skin, it transforms. The molasses is still there, but it recedes to the back as a rich, dark base, and the stunning amber and gorgeous cinnamon move to the fore.

The cinnamon is very much similar to the cinnamon in Playful Wooden Mallets, like a dusty, ground cinnamon stick versus a burning red hots cinnamon. It's warm and spicy, and blends beautifully with the amber note in here. 

This definitely reads cool weather to me. It's cozy, comforting, and at the same time sensual and inviting. (My husband sure liked it).

I also see interesting layering possibilities with this. Like with Sugar Skull, or maybe even The Black Apple of Saturn, Definately could pair with a chocolate base. Another intriguing possibility is with Waltz of the Snowflakes.

Will need another bottle (or 3!) of this before it disappears, as I expect this to age magnificently.

Edited by Larinessa

It's funny. I'm not a big amber fan usually. But the description of this scent makes me so intrigued. Molasses and cinnamon are favorites of mine. 

In the bottle it's all molasses to me. But on my skin it blossoms into this complex, deep scent. The amber comes out front and center, sweetened by this heavenly whiff of molasses. The cinnamon is in the background for me, a subtle warm glow. But thanks to the heady hit of sticky sweet amber I can't stop huffing my wrists. 

This isn't as gourmand on me, which is my usual fair. But I'm not mad. The amber almost has an incense quality to it that I'm really enjoying. The molasses grounds it for me. I'm in love.

Eta: There's something in this that's making me think of The Phantom Calliope, but I'd have to dig my bottle up to actually compare the 2. 🤷🏽‍♀️ 

Edited by XanthVamp

I absolutely adore this one and wish to bathe in it! The cinnamon bark is on the more aromatic side than the spicy side, melting into radiant amber core. It's not the dry and lifeless cinnamon that feels hot but smells hollow, it's the kind that wafts around when you're baking/boiling cinnamon, that fills you with comfort & warmth. The molasses accord is so indulgent, smells like delicious Turbinado Sugar made gooey. It thankfully does not impart that suffocating brown sugar nauseating candle vibe, which I loathe. This doesn't read as powdery, the molasses adds an ever so slightly sticky texture while the amber keeps everything within wearable parameters. It has few notes, yet excels at them in the way a BPAL trio can. I crave this scent when I'm not wearing it and have a full size on the way. Definitely my fave from all the Weenies I sampled. Throw medium, longevity ~7hrs 🔥 

I got BURIED in Halloweenies and enjoyed SO many of them that it's taken some time to retrace my steps and actually sit with them for a while. I remember loving this but then getting distracted by all the ghosts n' ghouls and such.

In the bottle it smells sticky, and in fact the oil does feel ever so slightly gummy when you touch it. The molasses reminds me of Bonfire Toffee, another Halloween favorite, but the cinnamon has been made nearly inseparable from it, giving off a kind of ominous smoldering heat. Potent! The warmth and relative sweetness of the amber are trackable, and definitely pull this back from a purely foodie fantasy. It's... overtly seductive. It's intense.

I dunno if it was psychosomatic, but I felt certain I was going to get a skin reaction from that much cinnamon. Just a little extra warmth, that's it. The whole thing roars to life on the skin, and there are interesting layers in there: one moment the scent seems sticky/humid, but inhaled more deeply it's dry/crumbly, like bits of bark and squished incense granules. Flickering sparks but also darker and darker depths.

It's so much fun to wear this -- it's pretty conspicuous for a while while also having a secretive vibe, and I really like that combo of being extra but also shy. Toward the end it's just a faintly spicy amber sweetness and I've certainly got no problem with smelling like that.

In bottle: Buttery waffles? You don't put molasses on waffles but that's what I smell. 

Skin:

I've been making gingerbread, so along with the super real molasses I sort of expect a ginger. But no, this isn't that kind of perfume. Gourmet haters might still want to stay away, but this isn't a pure foody scent either. The amber helps with that. Sometimes the cinnamon is nearly edible spice. Sometimes it's a cinnamon wood. Sometimes it's smouldering against the dark molasses. I guess "seductive" does work for this one. It's almost like it's flirting as it turns weaker and stronger, more molasses or more cinnamon.

Not a huge throw and with the morphing, no notes overstay their welcome or become obnoxious.

I initially passed on this because I thought it would be a cinnabomb, but the reviews swayed me. To me at least, the cinnamon is mild and well behaved. The molasses is sweet but not overly so, and the "glowing amber" note is, to my nose, the same gorgeous glowing amber in Vintage Ghost Mold. Overall, quite lovely and come-hither. 

Syrupy, dark molasses sprinkled with cinnamon sugar, over a warm, slightly woody, slightly powdery, amber glow (with a hint of cola-like resin to it in the drydown).  It's the scent of a country wafflehouse where the whole room and the furniture is made of wood and you can smell all of the decadent sugar, butter, & syrup drenched breakfast items.  Cinnamon tends to amp on my skin, but it stays subtle here, and I like how the molasses is syrupy and sweet, but still darker in scent profile and not sickly sweet like mapke syrup.  A pancake type of scent that I can actually wear and that I don't find cloying.

Edited by Little Bird

Scared me from the decant; thiccccc gloopy molasses! Quickly morphs into something much more friendly thank goodness - it's still thick and dark, but behaves itself. A soft cinnamon sparkles in the background of a warm thickened amber, almost as if backlit - complimented by a more spicy, earthy combo of the black molasses and cinnamon bark, that in my mind, smell/feel almost "furry", or like moss. Low throw, very comforting. Very pretty! 

Thick, rich, molasses dreams, a soft smear of butter infused with cinnamon’s spiced fire, and the powdered musty sap and syrup of amber’s subterranean glow; a promise whispered, a bargain struck, and the cold comfort of calling darkness your own.

Still a bit new from the post, but gosh this is sumptuous. The glowing amber is like warm beeswax on my skin. It’s so rich, it would make amazing hair gloss. But it’s very pretty and soft. It reminds me of these old candles my great grandmother used. They were ivory coloured and carved and they were for fancy dinners. They smelled… so close to this and I’d forgotten bout them until I smelled this. The cinnamon & molasses never really materialised, but maybe as it ages? However I’m very happy with it, though it is a heavier scent on my skin, so it’s not an everyday wear. 

9/10 so nice! I feel like a glowing candle.