Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

MAHANA
Peach liquor, almond syrup, orgeat syrup, and pineapple cream de cacao.

This starts out as mostly almond & orgeat syrup on my skin. I can actually smell the orange flower & rose water ingredients in orgeat syrup. After a while, I think I caught a bit of the pineapple, but, sadly, no peach liquor for me. :(

In the bottle, this is almond and peach booze. Please, please work. On my skin, it's all almond and peach and orange and kinda nauseating. BAH, I say.

Not knowing what was in this, I put some on. I guessed banana because, hey, Mahana Banana, right? Then I came here & read the notes. "So THAT'S what it is!" The first identifiable thing is booze. A clear booze that isn't gin. Maybe white rum - that makes sense with peach. I get a bit of orgeat syrup. No creme de cacao, and if there is pineapple it's overwhelmed by the peach. Nice & fruity for summer, but not bottle worthy.

Woe. This has that almond in it that turns to burnt nuts on my skin. I do get a bit of peach, but it's mostly just old stale almond. Sniffle!

This is mostly pineapple in the vial (reminded me of Upa Upa), mostly super-sweet cherry (almond) on my skin at first, and then mostly peach in the drydown. Something in here also smells slightly green on me, like a hint of dandelion at first and then like a hint of fuzzy peach leaves in the drydown.

Mahana is just kind of boring on me. It's a slightly plastic-y, clean peach note and not much else :(

What is that weird...almond? Googled and yeah, orgeat is "a sweet syrup made from almonds, sugar and rose water or orange-flower water. It was, however, originally made with a barley-almond blend." Well, that makes sense. Almond and orange vitamin water while wet--an inch of throw. AS it dries, I get a sort of floral peach. More of the gel soap I used to have, sadly :(

Peachy, almond goodness when wet on my skin. Unfortunately, it fades in a matter of minutes. I have a feeling that peach and me are not meant to be :cry2:

In the bottle: Fruity and boozy.

Wet on skin: Very sweet and maybe some juniper/gin?

Dry on skin: Kinda peachy in a fake peach syrup kind of way and just a bit plastic-y.

Verdict: Meh, not for me.

imp: ack! the scary chemical pineapple scent!

wet: extra-heavy and syrupy almond/orgeat.

dry: as this dries, it tones down a bit but it is still pure almond/orgeat on me. might be nice for layering.

I love almond notes a ton, so I had high hopes for this, and it's delicious in the imp and on my skin for like, two minutes. Then it settles into this weird plastic/fake smell, sadly. I don't know what note is doing that, because the only other blend I've had that problem with is Tiki Princess, and I don't see anything they have in common. It may be coincidence. I can't tell what's going weird on me, but I think it's the peach. So sad!

AHA! This is one of those rare times when I smell almonds and think DUH, CHERRIES. I THOUGHT Mahana was all in-your-face maraschino cherry syrup at first but really it's the almond syrup out in front there. Once it's on my skin, the peach shows up and becomes very strong, very fast. A poached-smelling peach and syrupy almonds battle for dominance as it dries and eventually give up and balance each other out.

I can sort of make out the pineapple but the overarching peachy almondy scent is not something I like at all and I want to wash it off. Not for me. (So of course this is the Lounge scent that sticks around past drydown, heh.)

Edited by karen

When first applied this a beuatiful fresh combination of peach and pineapple cream. As soon as it dries down the almond syrup comes out and totally ruins the blend. Gone is the tart fruit freshness and it's place is almond syrup. So sad.

Mmm. Fruity booze. Hints of peaches and pineapples, and maraschino cherry. The cherry is definitely the most predominant note on my skin, and oddly enough smells something like a strawberry on me.

Tropical fun!

Ohhh how I looovvveeee the Luau Lounge! *dances*

This is a syrupy peach booze. Peachtree schnapps drizzled over pinapple juice. Yum!

Mahana (like all of the other Luau Lounge scents) smells amazing on my skin. I smell edible.

This one is obviously very fun and summery. I will be purchasing a bottle :)

:wub2:

I get all raspberry slushie. I have yet to put it on yet, but in the bottle it smells like an ice cold red no. 5 summer boozey drink. YUM.

EDIT...I did try it on, it definitely looses its fresh sweetness on me and turns a little sour.

Edited by ECLECTIC

Well, wet and in the imp this is SUPER PLASTIC MARZIPAN, then bam! More like raspberry vanilla ice cream, and then it morphs again, weirdly one hand is slightly different to the other...one is heavy malibu with a kind of peach flower, and the other is peachier with a hint of rosewater with the malibu. I really like this, but will point out I burn almond off any scent in seconds, so if you don't it may be super plastic.

I think it's quite sexy in a light summery, neck nuzzling hot skinned holiday kinda way. I don't think this is getting the love it deserves!

Marzipan/almonds are just nauseating to me. It turns into a weird fake cherry scent and it's strange that I hate it to much because I love cherry. The peach is nice but overall this smells like peach schnapps with a bunch of smashed maraschino cherries thrown in.

In the bottle: gag-inducing, rotting peaches, unwashed sweaty athlete's feet, etc etc. I think that all of these things together cause horrible things to happen in my nose, like it wants to throw up. the creaminess does not belong with overly sweet fake fruit flavors - I think that's what's affecting my gag reflex most strongly.

On my skin: peaches, like peach lip gloss, and hints of almost-real pineapple. thank the goddess it calms down on my skin or I would've lost it! it's still unpleasantly oversweet and alcoholic, but now it's at least almost tolerable. fades more towards a fruity play-doh, or like those fruit-scented markers everybody used to sniff obsessively in grade school.

Last thoughts: AVOID! I just can't come up with anything good about this scent, _at all_. :sick:

On my skin this is a true morpher. At first I get a creamy pineapple, slightly boozy, then it shifts into a soapy, rose-tinged phase. After several minutes it is turning into a sweet cherry. Very fruity and cheerful at this stage. Very light throw. Not sure I need more of this, but I do love the cherry stage!

Aw, Mahana. :( Sweet and fruity at first quickly turns to almond (cherry) syrup and then it goes sort of floral and perfumey on me. It's not bad, but I love pineapple and always have high hopes for any blend that includes it. I'm usually disappointed. (I think my skin doesn't like pineapple. :cry2: )

In the GC imp: The almond syrup dominates the sweet fruit, as I was afraid of.

Wet: And the almond syrup is amping, alas.

The dry-down: The peach and pineapple arrived at the party a bit late. The bf found the fruit scents to be rather powerful. There's something a bit powdery, could be the almond. Jury is still out on this one. I'd really like a good mostly peach scent.

Strong boozey almond syrup at first (and I do mean syrup; it smells thick and sticky) and then it turns into a really smooth pineapple scent with a pretty peach overtone. Really nice. I think it's my favorite of the Atomic Luau Lounge blends. Weirdly, most of the other Lounge scents have been fairly strong on me, but this one isn't. Light and sweet and pretty.

This borders between good and not so good on me. I think it may be the rose that is way deep in the background.

There is something that is freshly sweet about this that I love. The pineapple behaves and is juicy and refreshing smelling. The peach syrup/liquor is beautiful and realistic. But there is a powderlike note in the background that really ruins it. There shouldn't be powder in my drink! To bad because the combination of peach and pineapple in this is just gorgeous.

This borders between good and not so good on me. I think it may be the rose that is way deep in the background.

There is something that is freshly sweet about this that I love. The pineapple behaves and is juicy and refreshing smelling. The peach syrup/liquor is beautiful and realistic. But there is a powderlike note in the background that really ruins it. There shouldn't be powder in my drink! To bad because the combination of peach and pineapple in this is just gorgeous.

saralaughs wrote my review! LOL! Exactly my notes, all the way down to the powder in the background. :lol: