Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

So far this is my favorite of the Yules that I had the pleasure of testing! This is (to my nose) the literal love child of TKO and Snow White. I love this! The lavender opens the scent and dries down to a sweet, soft finish. On it's own Snow White was always a little too youthful and girlie for me. The TKO balances the coconutty/almond-esque snow note beautifully with an herbal edge while the marshmallow blends seamlessly with the snow note.  I can see myself adding this to my bedtime bpal rotation. Perfection!

Edited by ziggystardust13

Absolutely as expected. A cool, snowy lavender that is calming and restful. Will it replace Sopor for sleep purposes? Maybe but I see this more as a pretty scent to wear in the hours before bed when you want to wind down and chill.

Edited by Nepthys

An even softer and sweeter TKO. The fluffy vanilla from TKO and the coconutty vanilla from Snow White combine to make a cuddly pillow of vanilla goodness. The lavender is the herbaceous lavender from TKO, but the flowers from Snow White are softening it a bit.

I will love any iteration of vanilla and lavender and this is no exception. Comparing this with Frostbitten TKO, this is more fluffy and soft. Frostbitten TKO has a pine or minty note that cuts the sweetness of the vanilla, but I don't get anything like that from TKSnow. I was worried they'd be too similar to warrant a bottle but I'm happy that I picked this up.

I find this to be TKO on steroids! I don't mean that in a negative way at all. Snow White has never worked for me, as it goes shrieking into my sinuses. TKO is strong on its own, with an initial blast of lavender before it dries down to a sweet marshmallow lavender. So adding the snow note has jacked it up, but not at all in a shrill manner! It blasts me into an inner calmness that swiftly sends me off to sleep. I love this. And I can still smell it in the morning. Lovely. 

Edited by Poenari

I did not parse when I first ordered it that this was blended with Snow White. I hate Snow White on my skin. It is one of the (relatively few, thankfully) scents that goes stale/sour and requires multiple scrubs to get off. So I tried TKSnow with an awful lot of trepidation, and surprisingly, it does not behave as badly as SW does on its own. There is is a period of about ten minutes where I can smell the SW and the ick is lurking, but it gets subsumed by a cool dark vanilla. Regular TKO cycles between marshmallow and lavender on me, but this one stays mostly low-key sweet.

I've never used TKO or Snow White, but I love lavender so I decided to just go for it when buying my Yules. At first this was almost too much of a floral lavender (although not overpowering) so I wasn't sure how much I actually liked it but on the dry down it's an amazing vanilla marshmallow that's so comforting and yummy. Definitely one I'll use again and again!

Edited by ArtemisSelene
typo

TKSnow is TKO on steroids.

I deathmatched this with Frostbitten TKO, and that one is heavier on the Snow White snow note off the bat. With TKSnow, even slathered, it takes a few hours for the creamy chill of Snow White to manifest on me. The sweetness from TKSnow is mainly due to the amped up lavender (I think it is a Spanish variety) and sugary mallow, whereas in Frostbitten TKO, it is mainly due to the Snow White component. TKSnow is much stronger than Frostbitten TKO, but Frostbitten TKO is a lot smoother. You could happily own both of these if you're a slut for lavender mallow and Snow White and would enjoy them in different ratios.

I've used up more TKO bottles than anything else from the Lab, and I've almost used up one of my three Frostbitten TKO bottles, so I'm really glad to have this one. And I'll probably grab back-ups of this, too, because I'm a lavender ho. And it had some serious staying power, too (I could still smell this on me when I woke up the following day after applying it at 8 PM the evening prior). I am m here for amped up, yet chilled out, TKO. :heart: 

Initial Thoughts: I like TKO a lot and use it regularly to help me sleep, so the above description seemed intriguing to me. I didn't catch at the time that it might mean a blend of TKO and Snow White. I tried Snow White all the way back in 2005 and it did not play well with my skin. So now I'm worried.

In the Bottle: Very lavender with a sweet and cool floral. Doing side by side bottle sniffs with TKO actually makes TKO smell stale by comparison, and I like TKO a lot.

Wet on Skin: The first impression is that stale dirty-dishwater effect that I got from Snow White. Thank goodness, that fades after a few minutes and I have a really quiet impression of sweet flowers in the snow.

Drydown: Well, my fears of the acrid stink I got with Snow White don't seem to be happening, thank goodness. It's staying gentle without a lot of throw, getting less chilly. There's vanilla poking its nose in from somewhere.

20 minutes later: The lavender has finally come out and is melding with the vanilla and florals. The entire scent is still staying very low on the skin.

Verdict: I am very relieved that it doesn't behave like Snow White did and thinking this could be a good alternative to TKO - my husband complains sometimes about how strong TKO is when I put it on my temples before going to bed. At the very least it's a pretty scent and right up my alley as a florals fan.

I love TKO, though I've never tried Snow White - I was never sure about the "florals" aspect. But I figured, none of the listed notes are Death Notes for me, and TKO is lovely, so, why not?

TKSnow goes on with the familiar big swoop of sweet lavender marshmallow, and after a few minutes a warmer coconut-almond-vanilla layer emerges. Oddly, despite being 'Snow,' it's not really chilly - it has a 'white fluff' sort of feel, if that makes sense, with the coconut vanilla, but it's not reading as cold to me, as such! The coconut gets a little louder over time, and settles in alongside the lavender: coconut lavender herbs on a bed of vanilla marshmallow sweetness.

This is really nice, soft and fluffy and calming. I do think I prefer straight TKO in a direct comparison - I just love that balance of notes! - but I'm glad to have this as well. I haven't tried Frostbitten TKO, but now I want to!

I haven’t tried Snow White in ages, but it and other “snow” notes went plastic-y fake vanilla unpleasantness on me, so I’ve stayed away from most of them. But I love TKO and lavender so much that I had to try this, and I lucked out - it’s mostly a stronger TKO, and dies down to TKO with a soft sort of coconut in the background. It is a bit cooler feeling than the original. If this kind of sweet lavender scent isn’t hugely your jam I don’t know if you’d need this on top of TKO, but it’s a lovely variant if, like me, you’re a fiend for lavender sleep blends. 

Must love TKO. I was hoping for more of a balance between TKO and Snow White. Instead, it's the strong, sweet lavender of TKO, with just enough snow in the background to be noticeable. Not to my tastes, but I'm sure this would be a hit with any TKO lover.

Snow + TKO. If you love TKO, and love snow notes, this is an absolute get. Dreamy, icy, TKO. Medium throw and wear length.

Umm... I'm barely getting anything different from this than TKO- this is gorgeous though. Maybe my skin just eats the snow note, because it's there wet? 

Can someone inform me on what notes are in this?

I don’t usually like lavender because it smells too green, herbal and kinda harsh, but TK Snow is soft and pillowy.

It also smells very similar to my favourite perfume - Balm Bomb, by another indie brand. Their notes are lavender, oakmoss, vanilla, musk, amber. But is there something more in here?