Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Fleece Skeleton Onesie

The scent of freshly-washed fleece skeleton onesie and a little bit of smeared eyeliner.

Nice. From this Onesie, I get a chalky-pale vanilla-cognac note mingling with clean fabric-laundry.

The early chalky texture I find seems almost like a porcelain or marble note (could it be bone?), but the texture smooths out quickly. Mixed with that is a vanilla that smells antique, like one of the vanilla-cognac laces, and faintly sweet.

I don't have Pediophobia to compare, but at least for me, and before this is longer rested than a day, this one is in that spooky family. I'm testing a friend's bottle, but I'd be happy, too, if it were mine. 

Edited by Casablanca

This one smells like vaguely fruity (think a tinge of dark berries) which I think is the Eyeliner note + clean laundry without going dryer sheet, which I never thought I would say smells good - but it smells good! I also get the reference to cognac/lace above ^^ as I think that may be what’s coming off as the dark fruity tinge to me. 

Definitely smells clean and cozy and something be I would wear after the shower or when I go in to work. A keeper! 

I'm discovering I really love BPAL's cotton/laundry/fleece. This reminds me of Traditional Sheet Ghost, but cuddlier. It's lightly sweet, warm, floofy, definitely cozy. More of dryer sheet smell than soapy, which I like. I get smooth vanilla and what I think is lemon and there's another fruit I can't place, I want to say banana, but then I think no stupid, why would that be in there. But this smell feels yellow💛. The eyeliner though, I don't find that, maybe mine got washed out👁️

I'm a night bather and like scents like these for bedtime. Now I need a matching onesie!

definitely a clean-laundered cotton thing going on here, not starchy-crisp but soft and sweet and vanillic. and i swear, there's aaalmost the teeniest tiniest hint of a mint undertone to it?? i feel like i catch the suggestion of it every so often, but when i try to chase it, it disappears so WHO KNOWS.

the eyeliner note... there's a fruity sweetness here, i want to say it might be a berry but i can't really pin it down.

unfortunately my chemistry tends to eventually pull white florals (which i don't really enjoy) out of many of the cottony type notes, and that happens with this one as well.  drat.

on the right person, i think this could be quite nice, sweet and snuggly-clean.

On me, I get alot of freshly laundered fleece from this scent combined with a cool, non gourmand vanilla. I can also smell the eyeliner note, which to me smells genuinely like make up! There could also be a hint of lemon in this. It is a cozy, clean kind of scent, definitely reminds me of Traditional sheet ghost from last year. It has alot of throw on me and lasts for quite a while.

I can definitely understand the comparison to Traditional Sheet Ghost from above! This does smell similar to me, but it's missing the "laundry" vibe TSG has, which is a huge perk to me.

This is sweet and clean and snuggly. It's really hard to describe, but if I had to guess, I'd say cotton, vanilla, and either cognac or some kind of syrupy fruit. I really like this! Very happy I bought a full size bottle 

This one really is very much almost exactly like the description.  Very freshly washed poly-fleece and I really AM getting hits of makeup -- not just my standard Urban Decay/Sephora blend eyeliner but some classic lipstick notes as well--hard to describe but it's definitely an "opening up my makeup bag at the club" kind of thing.  Very glad that I snagged this one finally!

Fleece skeleton onesie smells like cotton, drugstore lipstick, something vaguely peach-like but isn't, and unsweet vanilla. There's also probably a white floral.

After an hour it was mostly the floral and cotton, and definitely reminded me of dryer sheets.

This one stays pretty much the same on me from the imp to skin. There's a fuzzy, musky, vanillic cotton as the base, with some fruity tones. It doesn't read as a 'clean laundry cotton' to me (and I love those) as the fruity note(s) come off as dark to me, though I can sort of see how it reads laundry to others, but it's just soft and fuzzy to me. There's something deeply familiar about the blend, but I can't quite put my finger on it. I think it is that eyeliner/makeup scent others are referencing. Really fun! 

This is not the laundry bomb that some other fabric scents have been (woot!), but it does feature a fluffy, yet perfume-y vanilla musk-infused cotton that kind of reminds me of the porcelain in Pediophobia. Is it the vanilla musk or is there stealth cognac doing that?! I am not sure, but it definitely gives me Pediophobia vibes. The fabric is accompanied by a slightly waxy make-up note with a hint of fruitiness to it, and it's so realistic that it makes you go, "How does Beth do that!?" I also think there's a floral note in this that may be adding to the perfume-y vibe, and I'm not sure if it is iris or something else, but it makes it too perfume-y for me in the end.

I do recommend giving this a try if you're looking for a scent like Pediophobia or are interested in this, but afraid of this being straight-up laundry (it's not!). I really appreciate the artistry behind this scent, but I'm being very picky about what stays in my collection nowadays, and I don't think I'd reach for this over scents like Cognac-Stained Sheet Ghost and Pediophobia.

ETA: I think the mystery make-up floral may be orris.

Edited by doomsday_disco

When you realize you’re never going to smell as good as whatever fragrance it was that you wore five months ago and which still faintly clings to the stitches of your coziest cardigan, mingled with whatever uniquely intimate magics your skin oils and musks were making on that particular day, this is that smell.

I love this one! I’ve worn it fairly consistently since I first got it. It smells of warm, cozy, clean fleece with the ever so slightest, sweet floral note. It doesn’t smell detergenty or of dryer sheets, just a good clean scent. It’s not a sterile sort of clean, but that of a still warm from the dryer fleece onesie. I love wearing this before bed. It’s super comforting.

Does not go laundry on me at all, thankfully. The fleece is a light, fluffy vanilla. The mascara is actually the strongest note on me, though. It reads more like lipstick to me. It's got that mix of sticky, artificial fruitiness and light powdery floral that makes me think of a pastel pink tube of lipstick.