Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Misted mallow flower, orris root, osmanthus, white incense, sandalwood, peonies, and cream.

Misty, pale, and powdery, this one does evoke a wander in foggy woods.

Misty orris and osmanthus come out most noticeably on my arm, smoothed over by a creamy mallow and pale sandalwood-ish incense. The osmanthus, I think it is, has that bit of orange-like tone to it that I noticed from... I think it was an osmanthus duet. The peonies become apparent on drydown, and the cream strengthens then, as well.

This is a dreamy mood of a blend --- misty, creamy and floral --- but also powdery on my skin. This one will suit the style of others, though.

This is really pretty. The mallow flower is present throughout wear, backed by the orris, osmanthus, and sandalwood. Orris is usually a powder bomb on me, but even though it has a powdery aspect here, it is well-behaved and kept in check by the mallow flower. The sandalwood is a dry, dusty variety, and the incense is subtle. The peonies and cream end up peeking out after a while and become more prominent by the end of the day, and the cream swirls together with the mallow flower so that it's not super buttery.

I haven't deathmatched them, but I'd say if you were a fan of the special Black Friday imp In Omnibus Caritas (honey and mallow flower, sugar cane, white sandalwood, orris, and vanilla bean), this will likely be up your alley as well. I'll probably deathmatch the two and have to give this a full day's wear on its own to see if I need more of this, but the decant is definitely a keeper. :) 

My first review here on the forum! This scent is MAGICAL. Mainly I get this wonderfully creamy mallow flower (at least, that's what I'm assuming it is, smells like if sweet puffy white marshmallows were growing on stems in a meadow hah!). The scent feels misty and cool, almost shimmery, just like the label art feels. It has a sugary sweetness to it as well, though I feel like the sandalwood and white incense are there, in the background, to temper the sweetness a bit? There are a lot of notes that are hard for my not-very-well-trained nose to detect, and peonies is one of them because I can't really smell anything here that makes me think oh there's the peony!
In conclusion, a misty mallow fairy meadow! My fairy-loving self is SO happy that this was part of the April paintings collection.

A beautiful sugary cloud of flowers. The mallow flower is so creamy, it has a blurring effect for all the notes. I can pick out the sandalwood and incense but just. The sweetness is so alluring and it just sort of draws you into the scent. The orris doesn't really come out on me thankfully! 

A lovely fae scent. Gorgeous light floral incense floating over a pouf of mallow + cream. and it's not even incense-y incense, and not resinous in the least, just an ever so soft suggestion. I do love the peonies in this as well. I would wear this as a sleep scent, or on a lounging around day, or a sundress day. It's dreamy. 

Sweet creamy floral bouquet. Nothing really stands out among the floral notes. It’s bright, dreamy, pretty. Makes me think of a spring day, pastel dresses, a garden party, and yes, dancing fairies.

Must agree with the above. This is a glittery, white, light, creamy, slightly powdery, soft, light sandalwood. There is something almost vanilla extract or pale tobacco about it. Very nice!

This is a pretty creamy floral.  I cannot distinguish the osmanthus and peony, but it does have a soft floral vibe.  Although much lighter than my usual in-your-face scents, I appreciate the delicacy of this perfume.  

Completely agree with everything said before me, a lovely soft creamy fairy scent- easy to let your mind wander off into a macro dreamsphere at twilight, twirling in the damp flora while fireflies dance around you. 

Warm vanilla cookies, touch of incense and peonies. So magical vanilla cookies. Medium throw and wear length. 

Oh my, this really is magical, and everything I'd hoped it would be. Mostly mallow flower and pale sandalwood, a few poofs of pastel peony blossoms floating in a dish of cream. A touch powdery, like enchanted dream dust. I've been getting into floral scents lately, particularly creamy florals, and this scratches that itch. A true fairytale floral, just exquisite. I must find a bottle!

This reminds me of the song Audrey dances to in Twin Peaks. "Isn't it too dreamy?"

Edited by PumpkinGuts

A little late to review this but O Well! I got this because I loved The Fairy Lovers so extremely and peony is one of my favorite flower fragrances, but this is more sweet than magical on me; I don't find it especially misty and it seems only a little floral. I think "magical vanilla cookies" sums it up. This is quite sugary and creamy with a touch of pale floral incense. It seems like it would suit a Selkie Collection ad campaign, but it doesn't remind me of my other faerie-themed fragrances very much.