Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Midwarkust

An imp’s worth of Darkness stuffed into a 5ml of Midway plopped into Lust’s mother bottle.

Midway - Funnel cake, caramel apple, cotton candy, salt water taffy and sugar tart.

Lust - Red musk, patchouli, ylang ylang and myrrh.

Darkness - Blackest opium and narcissus deepened by myrrh.

Wet: More than anything, I'm getting a Lust type of scent here, minus the patchouli. There's something that almost smells like.. red wine? It's note a note listed in any of the scents, but I'm wondering if that's coming from a mix of Lust and Midway. A juicy, sweeter Lust, maybe?

Dry: I'm still getting that wine scent, and I'm going to take a guess as to why - the taffy and cotton candy from Midway and the red musk from Lust? (I'm just going to convince myself that made sense.) Anyway, I would say the scent is still very Lust dominant, but it's backed up by the sweetness that Midway brings in. Nothing in here is reminiscent of Darkness to me. 

This scent was not at all what I was thinking it would smell like, but I am INTO IT. If you went in hoping for a stronger Midway scent, I think you may be disappointed though.

I LOVE this!  Makes me think of Mouse Circus. I cannot find the unique funnel cake Midway vibe, like I had hoped, but as its own thing, this is just gorgeous! I want to use my first bottle within the year, because I think the Midway notes may fade with age.  When I focused on finding Darkness,  it reminded me of the The Body Shoppe Poppy.  But during a blind sniff...(random grab of a bottle to see if I recognize my collection ) I found it to be well blended and opium didn't dominate.

I second the "juicy" that Donkehpoo wrote of in the first review.

This is why I love BPAL... there is always something new under creation! 

Edited by Fiam

I haven't been able to get my paws on Midway, but Lust is a sensual favorite, and Darkness I'm familiar with as a floral with some bubblegummy myrrh. I wasn't sure how the mashup would come out, but WOW! This is Big Candy Mood, like a blue raspberry cotton candy, sexed up with lots of red musk, given a little herbal/floral quality thanks to the ylang ylang and Darkness's florals. It's, frankly, delicious, walking a perfect line between fruity-sweet gourmand, sexy musk, and something a little peppery and herby.

In a lot of ways, I am reminded of She Sauntered Vaguely Downward and Vampire Tween from the 2019 Liliths. She Sauntered's pink pepper note reminds me of the zing that's in Midwarkust, while the cotton candy over the red musk is a no brainer. Midwarkust leans towards a more floral note beneath to give it a twist, whereas Sauntered's twist is brimstone, but they both are terribly pleasing. Likewise, the foody sweetness of Vampire Teen with its blood musk, herbal lavender, and buttercreamed cotton candy reminds me a lot of Midwarkust's entire vibe. They are not dupes by any means, but I feel like someone who likes either of those might like Midwarkust!

I am definitely full sizing this one and wearing the heck out of it. Yum yum yum!

This smells like a dark carnival; the sugary Midway notes blend beautifully with the musk and incense. This is kind of what I had hoped Midnight on the Midway would smell like; this is much sweeter and more bold. It's also a complex scent; sometimes I get a whiff of candied apple, or opium, or red musk, all shifting and melding together. 

This starts off strong on Lust's red musk swirling with Midway, from which I get the apple note most prominently. So it's red musky apple for a while, with touches of Lust's patchouli, ylang ylang, and myrrh. I don't get Darkness' strong narcissus and opium. While I've only tried Midway Res. and not the original, I feel like that scent is mostly the powdered sugar of the funnel cake and taffy on me, but it is pretty light. In this, Midway's apple is far stronger. And then it morphs, and I get musky buttery popcorn, even though that isn't even a listed note in Midway!

I'm not a red musk fan, and this is too musky for me, but it was neat getting to try to pick out the notes in this one and experience how they swirl together. Midway fans that do enjoy red musk should check this out, though.

This was the least likely of the Blapimpsottles to work for me, but it is the biggest winner! I am getting primarily apple (a note I normally don't care for), sweet floral ylang ylang, and dark narcissus. No myrrh (another one I avoid). No red musk (would've been welcome here). And no caramel or funnel cake! I was afraid of the foodie aspects - they always break my heart with burnt plastic smell - NONE of them came through here! So, intentional or not, this is a victory for me. ^_^ I get a fruity floral on me - sweet/tart and flirty and carefree. Really nice! And convincing me not to close myself off to apple.

Resinous powdery sugar. I think Lust + Darkness ends up in a powdery musk on me, with myrrh shining through, and a bunch of sweet sugar from Midway. Medium throw and wear length.

I had a somewhat similar experience as groovyrooby with this one. I don't usually care for apple notes in perfume, and I was not expecting to like this as much as I do!

Right off the bat, I get a deliciously realistic caramel apple scent that is really lovely. There's definitely funnel cake/powdered sugar hanging out with red musk, and just a hint of narcissus in the murky patch background, bc my skin will always find narcissus, lol.

It shouldn't be this good, but of course it is!

I didn't have high hopes for this one as Midway doesn't work on me but I did at least used to like Lust. Red musk blends have turned powdery and sometimes acrid on my skin recently, this one is mostly a powdery sweetness that unfortunately doesn't work. Wallet's happy, though. 

Somehow the addition of all the midway notes turns the usually bad, powdery red musk into powdered sugar! I'm getting carnival apple, cotton candy and a powdered sugar red musk. There's definitely a bubblegum myrrh in here. On me, this is like a different take on midway, and I'm enjoying it.

Edited by wolf_truffles

Midway was always a light perfume and it got even lighter with age, so I wasn't expecting this to really give off Midway scent vibes and it doesn't.  What it does smell like to me is tart green apples and slightly powdery vanilla musk.  As it dries down, the musk takes a darker turn and I can pick out the sultry, warm red musk (vanilla musk and red wine type of feel), which smells really good and interesting with that tart green apple-ish scent.  I can also pick out the pink bubblegum that others have mentioned.  A very pretty red musk, apple and candy scent.  Sweet and clean, yet darkly musky.

I love this, but I'm not sure how to describe it.  Dark and incense-y with luscious apple component, and maybe some of the sweeter gourmand notes in the background.  Apple is a risky note for me, I don't always like it, I've tried og Midway and didn't expect a lot of apple here, but I'm happy to report it works really well for me in this scent.  Dark and swirling incense + gourmand.  It comes off as sultry but also cozy on me. 

When I first got this, I didn't like it much at all, whether from travel shock or whatever, it was just really funky up close.  Not sure what that was about but I did sense potential and it has definitely smoothed out a lot after some aging. 

Wore this yesterday and this AM.  In the bottle:  Fruity, boozy, and lush, with a hit of incense in the background.  On, wet:  Getting a sort of floral red musk added to the fruity boozy note as well as some red patchouli.  Incense starts to drift to the front of the line.  Drydown:  A foodie, fruity funnel-cake base, with a layer of rosy red musk and incense floating on top!  Medium throw and wear length; while on it kind of floats between the upper and lower notes.