Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Georgia Peach, Oakmoss, Sage, and Vetiver

Three minute hot-out-of-the-mailbox review:

The peach faded quickly.  This is "masculine body" on me after it goes.  After that, just sage and oakmoss hanging out doing sage and oakmoss things.

Hey guys? Ever go into Bath n Body Works in a fuckitI'mstuckatthemall moment? Ya. We've all been there. This smells like Gingham. But it doesn't burn your nose. And its missing that obnoxious chypre note. Great, right? 

Like the previous poster said, yes, this is a masculine peach scent. Earthy musky peach. Its good though!

Peach and... stuff. I don't like to genderize fragrance, but the non-peach part of this blend is a little woody and rustic on me when this blend is freshly applied. Not quite savory, but almost... It actually also smells a bit chemical.

In drydown, this is still mostly peach for me, but I can catch whiffs of oakmoss and sage. 

After this has dried, it's peach and a background that's a tiny bit chemical. This one might need more rest.

I don't get the "masculine" or chemical edge other reviewers note. I suspect I amp peach as I get a strong, bright peach note with the other ingredients blending well to give depth and longevity. It's a gorgeous peach perfume! 🍑

Bright peach, vetiver and sage. It gets smokier and sagier as it dries, but still retains the peach element. Good throw and wear length.

Ever wonder if peach can work as a masculine smell?  Yes it can!  In the bottle...peaches and some kind of almost salty down-note that is almost like clean sweat.  On, wet:  Smokey peaches!  Think burning sage and...peaches.  Final drydown:  Tiny pops of the vetiver come through, but the oakmoss keeps this one a really almost-like-sweat masculine blend of woody sage with some peaches.  Very different!  Long wear length, OK throw.

for a blend with vetiver in here, this is so much softer, sweeter and more femme than I expected and ngl that is kinda disappointing. I was really hoping for that lovely mouthwatering rush of freshness that I get from bpal's sage note, with a heftier vetiver showing. Alas I got sweet, bright peach, still fuzz with skin intact, helped along by clean bright and refreshing oak moss. This doesn't morph and stays very much a sweet, fuzzy peach SN through its 4 hr wear time. I wish I'd gotten what I usually get with bpal's sage and bpal's vetiver so I'm not too broken up about passing on this bottle.

Beautiful peach note tho! Doesn't turn candied, doesn't lose that sweet freshness - so at least I know I can wear peach without issue, lol

I love all these elements, different as they may be. Interesting to smell peach added to a more conventional combination. Puts the peach at the perfumey end of the spectrum. Aromatic and dry. Wafts like an expensive, old fashioned fragrance. White honey peach over an aromatic herbal green. Sophisticated and elegant. 

In the bottle I'm not getting as much peach as expected. It's there, but behind the sage and vetiver.

Wet on my wrist, the peach is much more pronounced, but in a bright, fresh way - as though you have just picked it, and then you sniff the very top of the fruit where it came off the tree. The sage and vetiver help green things up, and I assume the oakmoss brings it all together into a perfume scent. Elegant is a great word for it.

The drydown brings out more of the vetiver. It is a tremendously wearable scent.

I rarely buy bottles blind anymore, but made an exception for these - partly because I've never yet managed to get into a DragonCon buying circle (and will never get to Atlanta) so was THRILLED when it went virtual, and partly because it happened in the middle of a protracted second lockdown where I was slowly losing my mind (I think by the time they went up on site, I'd been under stay at home orders for about eight weeks). My order then got caught up in the super fun USPS shipping bans, aha, so it like a blessing from all the gods when I did finally get the shipping notification - the best email I received for the whole of last year tbh.

In the bottle: Peach, sage, and a wee helping of oakmoss.

Wet: Incredibly similar - peach dominant with a lovely pale sage, so fresh it could still be on the bush. That's topped off with a faint trace of moss and a gentle undertone of woody peach pit. I'm astonished that there's vetiver in here; typically I am it, but I'm getting none at all. 

Dry: A fruity, blossomy peach, beautifully tempered by sage and sweet oakmoss. No vetiver for the entire duration of wear, fascinating. Medium wear-length with a similarly medium throw, and for a blind purchase, a real winner.

Stars: ★★★★½

In the bottle, this is a promising blend of sage and oakmoss -- deep, herbaceous greens, with a whiff of peach in the background. Unfortunately, once on my skin, the peach does what peach notes tend to do on me and gets overpoweringly, cloyingly sweet. Where the peach note complemented the greens in the bottle, on my skin the intensely sweet peach is an unpleasant contrast with the green notes. Tl;dr: Peach might be a death note for me.

Always reminds me of The Bow & Crown of Conquest (and Francis Kurkdjian's Masculin Pluriel), even though the only note they share is the sage.  This really smells like it has vanilla, barbershop lavender and black leather in it, though, and has a polished, cool, smooth, upscale, clean cologne vibe.  I think the vetiver gives me that cuddly black leather impression and perhaps the peach gives it the bit of sweetness.  The sage and oakmoss lean towards the elegant cologne spectrum more than dry moss and herbs.  It's dreamy and is exactly the sort of scent that I find immensely appealing on a man.  The only problem with it is that it doesn't even last a full hour on my skin.  It starts off strong, but fades quickly.

The peach is the dominant note throughout wear, backed by the oakmoss, vetiver, and sage, in that order, but morphing into peach followed by sage, oakmoss, and just a bit of vetiver. The peach is bright, but somewhat waxy, the vetiver has a little smokiness to it, and the sage is a green variety.

I rarely reach for the peach scents that I have, and know that I wouldn't reach for this one over those, but it was nice to get to try this.