Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
patina

All Head, All Spine, All Limb, All Loin

Snake Oil and green musk, black leather, black amber, ambergris accord, sandalwood incense, and oily black musk.

Fresh from the mailbox, my first thought is "yep. It's Snake Oil." It's powerfully smooth vanilla with a softer version of the leather from Snake Skin. I can only pick out Snake Oil and leather right now, but I'm certain the ambergris, amber, and black musk are all doing their part to make this even smoother.

No regrets.

On settling, I'm only getting the barest trace of green musk, but I do get a little sandalwood. It makes the leather smell a little like suede. This is very clean, balanced leather snake oil, as another commenter said.

Edited by patina

This is incredible. This just arrived yesterday and has rested for 1 day after a cross-country trip.

In the bottle, it smells like brand new leather. Applied wet, and for a while later, I get nothing but new leather. About an hour later and I am getting smooth new leather balanced with sweet fresh snake oil, and a touch of green musk. I only applied a few drops, so I'm not getting a ton of throw, but I can imagine it being about the same as Snake Oil; good throw, good wear length. It is an absolute stunner.

ETA: This is very musky. Wear length is crazy long. It will linger even after scrubbing in the shower. 

Edited by tmichele

Adore this. The perfect offset to Snake Oil, which I find overpowering after a while. The amber is quite faint, the sandalwood is just a bit stronger, but mostly it's like a fresher, more balanced Snake Oil leather. Really nice and perfect for spring.

In the bottle this is sharp leather, which gives me so much hope. On, THIS is the leather blend I have been looking for!!! FINALLY! It's a clean, fresh, brand new leather front and center. The snake oil plays backup and prevents it from being too harsh. The musks are very quiet for me, and I think the black musk is doing the thing it tends to do on me where it goes slightly to powder, which makes the leather a bit more innocent than its naughtiness implies. As it dries down, the leather warms up a bit--I want to call it "hot car seat in the sun" but that doesn't sound as sexy as this is. Even with the Snake Oil dirtying this up and sexing it up, it's just so clean. Like new snakeskin boots.

I'm mostly getting a swirl of leather and ambergris that reminds me  of olla adam.  snake oil is super subtle in this.  agree that this is clean and smooooooth gorgeous leather blend. 

eta to state that the leather in this has receded a bit, and now it's a lot of snake oil fuzzy musk coming forward and slapping the leather around. this will be great on some but it's a little too sweet for me. 

Edited by annemathematics

This is my favorite SO variant, for sure. I'm not a fan of Snake Oil but I feel compelled to keep trying variants because I'd like it to work. This one is dark and smoky and leathery enough to win me over. The lab's black leather is usually a whollop and can be very harsh -- but it's a perfect match with snake oil (which does the same thing to me but with sweet). They make good music together. 

Wet, it's decidedly nutty. Like the scratch and sniff peanut butter sticker. But dry, it all comes together in a smoky, leathery, dark vanilla swirl. Sexy but not sexual in the weird biological fleshy way that OG SO is for me. Sweet, but not overly sugary (more creamy).

Similar to Snake Skin but more leather. Glad I snagged this! For the days I want more sexy equestrian than butch biker. 

Like OG SO the throw is solid and a little goes a long way. I have barely 2 drops on and it's going all day. 

EDIT: Aged about 4 months, and it's gotten even better. This is a snarling mechanic's worn-in black leather jacket with a creamy vanilla silk lining. No chemical edge at all and the nutty smell has gotten fainter. Sorta like leather car seats in a vintage muscle car -- the "oily black musk" is reading almost like motor oil. The vanilla has gotten richer. I am smitten. :wub3:

Edited by supreme_c0rt

This... this is what I was hoping to get from Snake Skin! ❤️ My skin chemistry seems to adore SO enough to amp it over everything it might be mixed with, so I get only the slightest hint of leather over garden-variety SO from Skin, but this balances out beautifully on me as well as on the hubbo! In the beginning, the SO and darker components war a bit with each other, leading to an almost peanutty note, but after about ten minutes, All Head turns into a very leathery Snake Oil, and stays like this for pretty much ever. I'm a huge fan of this!

Haven’t let this rest from its trip, but I was too excited to wait. All Head/Spine/Limb/Loin is almost a gourmand scent freshly applied, as others have commented. Reminds me of a spiced peanut butter cookie....

There’s definitely leather all over this, but I find it much tamer than Snake Skin’s leather. 

The green and black musk and amber really sweeten and smooth the leather. Though, SO is real sweet to begin with... I can’t really tease out the sandalwood or ambergris (I’m assuming they contribute to that beginning cookie phase, though). 

Snake Oil’s presence is obvious throughout the experience. 

On my wrist, scent ends in a slightly powdery muskiness. In my hair, the leather becomes the most apparent note over time.

I love the beginning and middle, less so the ending. I imagine the wear length will improve over time and it will become so smooooooth! Very glad I was able to swap for this gem. :heart: 

A great leather addition~

Edit: I’m wearing Spider Witch today and the two are very similar. All Head is more leather heavy, and SW is more seemlessly blended, yet they both have that nuttiness with the musky sexy vibe. 

Edited by artisjok

Holy cannoli!  I have been hunting and searching for the perfect New Leather Jacket scent from BPAL and I think I finally found it (and yeah, I don't have a bottle of Riding Crop yet but I want to fix that).  Really totally New Leather Jacket on me, start to finish!

I thought I'd tested all my spring snakes.  How did this one slither by me?  It's fantastic!  (No surprise -- my favorite SO blends are Snake Skin and Western Diamondback.)  In the imp it's mostly Snake Oil, then once it hits my skin it's SO and leather in lockstep, sweet, sexy, with great throw for the first hour or so.  There's something almost chewy about the amber and musks that are backing up the two main components; I'm not sure I can distinguish the sandalwood at all.  Basically this is a beautifully balanced Snake Oil and leather blend.  To my chagrin I didn't get great longevity from this, so I'll just have to slather and reapply.  

Black leather, black musk, something that smells oily and a whiff of Snake Oil. This is as if Snake Oil and DeSade had a baby and rolled around in musky oil to do the deed. Great throw and wear length of course, because leather.

All of these notes sounded great to me, but leather is always iffy. Some is great on me, some horrific and totally unbearable. When this first came in the mail, opening the bottle even gave me a headache from how strong the leather was, so I let it sit a bit before even thinking of trying it on my skin.

Wet: Still a lot of leather. The muskiness of the ambergris is really strong, and at first I like the aquatic muskiness of it, but then it reminds me of...some kind of cheese? Not good. NOT GOOD.

Dry: The leather calms down a lot and is not too overpowering once it's dry, but there is still some sort of aquatic musky ambergris thing happening that I don't love and still makes me think of cheese. I think this is a chemistry fail. I won't be too sad since I already have so many SO blends.

Edited by LizziesLuck

In the bottle: Wet leather?

Wet on my skin: Black leather and Snake Oil, with the leather taking the lead. 

Dry: This one is going to need some aging, and probably should be worn on warm/sweaty skin to get the full benefit of the Snake Oil, at least for me. As it is, fresh from the Lab, it's an oiled, musky black leather with Snake Oil spicing things up a bit. I'm not getting much of the black amber, sandalwood incense, or ambergris as individual notes, except as contributors to the overall "feel" of spiced oils anointing the black leather and its wearer. It's darker and richer than Western Diamondback, my other SO/leather blend, but it doesn't last as long. It's actually quite nice as it is, but I think I'm going to stick it in the BPAL drawer and let it age for a little while before putting it solidly into wear rotation. 

I love Sneks! Frimp decant from a swap. 

In the decant: Loard, not just Snake Oil. Not any Snake Oil. Motor oil and slick black leather and green musk. This is Iago getting it on with Streets of Detroit in a room that maybe once contained some Snake Oil. 

On my skin: 

Wet, the ferocity of the decant scent is tamed a bit, and I can smell the Snake Oil start to peek through. (Note: My husband just asked, "Do you smell something like burning metal?" from across the room. The only thing that could be creating the impression of such a scent is this blend. I don't swear to his accuracy, but this should attest for at least the immediate throw.) 

As it dries down, the Snake Oil does start to come through a little more, though the strident leather and oil is still in the forefront. On me, it's not the smooth, sexy leather in Snake Skin, but a leather that's still raw and... well, kind of stinky. 

After almost an hour after application, it does tone down so that Snake Oil co-dominates with the oil and leather. 

I'm not sure what I think about this one. It's a fairly... harsh?... Snake Oil blend on me. I don't think I'd be in the mood for it often. But maybe I'll hang onto it to see how it tests out at other times of the month before making a final decision.