Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Caitfish

Fallen

... The essence of overweening pride and unearthly angelic beauty. A regal scent, glowing darkly, elegant and patrician, but unfathomably desolate. Cherubic white sandalwood and golden musk with a dark halo of amber, a breath of imperial florals, unbending woods, and the shadow cast by vetiver and violet.

on me this is sweetish, muskish, sandalwoodish, but kind of yellow and meh. i thought lucifer would smell snappier.

i smell an unmistakable sandalwood note, violet and other florals (jasmine maybe?), and warm, somewhat animalistic musk. no trace of amber or vetiver. thanks to all the florals, it seems quite feminine for a Lucifer blend, but that’s just my opinion. it’s also quite sweet on me, and not extremely strong. you have to get up close to smell it. i don't find anything sinister about it, but i’m curious to see what it smells like on my husband.

On me, Fallen seems to be florals and woods and a hint of musk. I like it, I just wish it were stronger.

in bottle: a lot going on

wet on skin: ditto

dry down: I get florals, something sweet, hint of musk balanced by the sandalwood… then the amber amps up a bit;

then a bit later: the woods and vetiver become the more obvious notes under the florals;

bit later still: the amber is also back

very interesting and complex scent - there is a lot going on, i've tried it a few times and still don't quite know what to make of it

Fallen is another complex, evocative blend that I'll never do justice to. :P I found a surprisingly strong floral at the beginning, lasting at least half an hour. Then it started to open up and let the other notes come to the foreground, while the florals (lily or orchid, I thought) moved far back. The final blend was very nice, with nothing overwhelming the rest. Not sure about that initial blast of floral, though.

Brand new

In the bottle:

perfume - floral, spice, musk .... too blended to pick out any one note.

Wet:

spicy floral. It's reminding me of some perfume my mother wore years ago, but I have no idea what. It's a scent more for evening than daytime though... a cocktail dress perfume.

Drydown:

Spicy, mostly musk and sandalwood. Not getting a lot of amber specifically but there's a lot going on here. This is a totally wearable scent.

As it dries, it continues to be a complex, sophisticated scent that is primarily musk and sandalwood with unidentifiable undertones - I get occasional whiffs that are a bit soapy, but good perfumed soap that doesn't take over. This continues to be imminently wearable, especially for dressy occasions.

After three hours its faded to something non-descript but still pleasant.

This is not an everyday scent, but I would happily wear it for a night out.

This is a very feminine fragrance on me. I was hoping for some heavy duty musk, vetiver and amber. What I get in dry down is absolutely delightful, though! Sweet floral when wet that dries to a light incense gently kissed with white flowers. I like this very much!

I also think is much more a woman's scent, not unisex. The people I've asked to sniff (hehe) also said they thought it more for women.

It isn't a bad scent, not at all. It smells like beautiful flowers, in a regal way. It makes me think of distinguished ladies, not necessarily middle-aged or older but with a certain grace and refinement. At first though there's something 'a bit off' beneath it, but that goes away after the first half hour or hour and after that it's a lovely warm and refined floral scent, but definitely for women I'd say.

Light florals and a touch of sandalwood and incense..but nothing definite. After a while, a bit of vetiver, but overall, I'm not getting much at all. It is very ethereal.

Very very cologney. Very. After it faded, a lovely spice scent lingered. Unfortunately, it smelled the best once it was gone.

I want to like it (based on its inspiration) but I just can't. It's so perfume-counter. Although come to think of it, if Lucifer wanted to blend in, the mall would be an appropriate place, eh?

The florals ruin this one for me I think. Wet, this is very musky and dark. Musks, vetiver and patchouli are all dominant notes here. However, as it dries, this blend takes on a distinctly perfume-y vibe which I attribute to the florals. The dark and smoky notes are still there, but they seem to be providing a base for the florals. And then the violet comes out. I am beginning to think my skin amps violet, because for the duration of the drydown, it's all I can really smell.

It's difficult to pick out many of the individual notes in this one. On me it's mostly sweet florals (they strike me as white florals) with just a bit of musk, sandalwood (maybe?) and violet. Surprisingly, the vetiver really isn't making an appearance.

It's very pretty, though a bit perfumey for my taste (though a subtle, delicate, very pretty perfume). I think I might pass this along to my sister, I think she will like it more. :P

Edited by Femme_Fatale

I'm getting a very strong perfumey smell from this one, I'm guessing it's sandalwood and the musk together. I normally like musks, but this just seems wrong somehow. The florals are smelling like DBR to me, another miss. Oh well.

eta: I get no amber (one of my fave notes) or vetiver.

Edited by milo

In the Imp

The floral elements are dominant but mix with the musk and sandalwood to create a very elegant scent. I’m not getting any vetiver at this stage.

On My Skin

Now that I’m wearing the blend the amber is coming out, unfortunately amber tends to turn to powder on my skin but right now it is behaving. At this stage the amber is just adding another layer of complexity to the white floral mix.

After a Bit

This is a beautiful scent. It sticks close to my skin, but the musk and florals are playing together nicely. This is much lighter than I would have anticipated, I haven’t gotten any vetiver from this at all.

Rating 1-5 (5 being best)

Scent - 3.5 Throw - 2 Longevity - 3

Overall (not an average) - 3

Final Thoughts

I like the way this blend smells, but it doesn’t have much throw. For now I think I’ll keep my imp and try it out a few more times. Once I’ve done that I’ll know if I’m going to need a bottle or not.

On, wet: not at all like it smells in the imp. I get mostly white florals. I'm not a white-floral girl, but these smell so fresh and have an intriguing spicy undertone.

Near drydown: Oh, yeah. Spicy, musky, a hint of sweetness. Yum.

Far drydown: no such thing, sigh. It faded away after an hour.

All I'm really getting from this one are those imperial florals. Vetiver's (thankfully) nowhere to be seem and the sandalwood, amber & co sort of waffle around in the background while the musk blends in with the aforementioned florals.

Overall, nice, but kind of generic.

Imp: Sweet violet and lovely warm musk. There's a space in the scent that I know will bloom into amber on my skin, and hints of dusty sandalwood and airy florals. Pretty.

Wet: Violet + sandalwood + amber + musk = sweet, round, expensive violet incense. It's almost sort of bubblegummy, but in a nice, very sophisticated way. After a moment the woods pop out and there's something almost kinda peppery in the background. I think there might be orchid in this as well, I'm getting that sugary high note. Nice but it's not a stunner yet.

Dry: Spiced violet and orchid seem to be predominant on my skin, backed by sandalwood and musk. I'm not getting much amber, and no vetiver at all, but then I'm beginning to think I amp sweetness. This is lovely, but not something I'd really ever wear.

This blend scares me-vetiver is my doom note-but so many other notes in this sound so good! Ahh...ok in the imp I get a HINT of vetiver, but mostly woody violets. Interesting and dark.

Ooo, this is kind of sexy! Rich dark woods and violet-the vetiver is really just barely there and doesn't overwhelm at all! Mmm, I love the violet in this! Really makes the blend unique and blends so well with the woods.

On full drydown I pretty much lose the violet (*sads*), and it becomes a dark, slightly dirty woods blend. The florals are just barely there and add a hint of sweetness to keep the blend from being too dark. If you are scared of vetiver like I am, don't be-it really isn't intense in this blend at all. Personally, I would have liked this blend a lot more if the violet held up longer. I cannot see myself purchasing a bottle of this, but I think it is a unique and interesting blend-I really do like Beth's take on the concept!

In the bottle - This is very heavy on the floral notes to my nose, with jasmine being quite in the front of it. There's some vetiver, but I'm getting a lot of heady purple floral and that's scary.

Wet - ...there is the strangest note in this all of a sudden.

Drying - Okay, the musk is coming out, but it's not one I'd describe as "golden." It's coming across as dark, but not VERY dark. Like one of the lighter musk notes in Satyr. I think I was wrong about the jasmine, as this is clearly a violet note I'm getting. Not my favorite, but not something to be outright afraid of. There's some of the amber, but it's very light in here, just an afterthought.

Dry (2.5 hours) - It dried down into an amber and very, very powdery violet mix. Meh.

Overall - No, not for me. My skin just doesn't do nice things with most floral notes.

Gorgeous and sophisticated! Big bottle in the future!

ETA: I received an aged bottle of this in one of my swaps and I didn't like it so much at first. Upon sniffing, it has this dark, bitter scent that hints of something vaguely insecticide-ish. But when I tried it, it bloomed into a glorious scent that's a stronger and matured version of my imp!Fallen. I had no idea that aging would have that sort of effect. Definitely keeping the bottle!

Edited by Babette

Imp: Warm floral

Wet: Amber and violet

Drydown: The wet stage was nice, but as it dries, it's turning into a yellow floral. There must be jasmine in this because I'm amping it like crazy. The florals have taken over. Not a hint of musk or anything else left. I feel like I'm being smothered by this scent. It's as if an invisible cloak has wrapped around me, and won't let my face out from under it to get a breath.

Overall: The notes sounded so good, but this did not work for me at all.

Fallen smells like lilac at first. Then the musk and sandalwood come forward, and the musk amps 'til it's almost unbearable. This is definitely not for me.

In the frimp, I'm getting what I think is a blend of the sandalwood, the woods, and the vetiver. Not a good sign.

On my skin, it's a mix between the sandalwood, musk, and amber, with the other notes lurking below. We'll see how this goes. I'm not really sure what I'm getting here, thus far; going to try a more extensive skin test later.

Edited by Venneh

In the Imp: Strange, something sort of smells like grapes? No... one of the florals coming out strongly with a background of clean sandalwood.

Wet: Quite nice, something about these florals reminds me a bit of Sheol, so maybe there's some lily involved? Mainly I'm getting that, and a decent helping of warm musk. Thank you violet, for not rearing your nasty head. Everything else is currently getting knocked aside by those two notes.

Dry: The sandalwood is more noticeable again now, but that's the biggest change. I can't pick out the vetiver, which makes me sad, and I think that would have helped to soothe the ultra richness this blend gives off anyway. Extremely indulgent, luxurious, and that sort of thing. I'd call this a rich, musky/floral smell.

Verdict: I wouldn't consider this scent "desolate", regal yes, but not really giving off a loner vibe. If anything it's very warm and welcoming while still being "too good" for most of the masses. Unfortunately for me, this intense sweetness is a kiss of death in my book.

Rating: 2/5