Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Caitfish

Fallen

... The essence of overweening pride and unearthly angelic beauty. A regal scent, glowing darkly, elegant and patrician, but unfathomably desolate. Cherubic white sandalwood and golden musk with a dark halo of amber, a breath of imperial florals, unbending woods, and the shadow cast by vetiver and violet.

Juicy plum and wet violets!! Very pretty and very floral. Heavy florals don't normally do well on my skin but I like this ...
It smells like a violet garden wet with rain. :heart:
Edited by Shollin

I have a 10mL of this, so it's been aged for quite a while. And yum! Violet and sandalwood. Great throw, no baby-powder amber, no sharp vetiver, no overly spicy or sickening sweet woods . . . just lightly sugared violet and warm, clean sandalwood. Gorgeous. So happy I got my hands on this!

Wet on my skin, violets, sandalwood and citrus. The vetiver is nearly non-existent on my skin, maybe just a trace of it but not enough to ruin the fragrance on my skin. Very nice, but definitely heavy florals.

:::FALLEN:::

"Oh, how fallen from Heaven art thou, Lucifer..."

If memory serves correctly, then, "Lucifer" is a Roman name which roughly translates into "Morning Star" or, "Bearer of Light". When this is paired with the imagery of descent from loftier heights, it could almost be said that it would resemble something like a Shooting Star... Fallen.

Make a wish!

This also stirs up memories of having first read H.P. Lovecraft's, "The Colour Out of Space".

*shivers*

The Lab offers up Sanalwood, Musk, Amber, Floral notes, Woods, Vetiver and Violet to honor this dark, decadent, denizen of the Abyss...Cannot wait to see how this one plays out!

From the opened bottle: Say, that's nice.. Ghostly. The Violets in this certainly give it a purpling miasma. There could well be some Honeysuckle in these Imperial Florals; that or some other suggestive blossom, spread wide, moist and eager to give the darkening air it's wettest, sweetest kiss...

The Sandalwood in Fallen is extremely erotic. This represents an implement of discipline you would happily quiver to have administered to your pinking, greedy flesh.

That Vetiver is in this comes as quite a surprise. Ordinarily, it's presence is fairly conspicuous. Thus far, however, it is lurking undetected.

On the skin, Fallen is Violets... Violets, Violets, Violets! These Violets are not candied, however... These Violets are haughty and villainous. These Violets are the colour of mourning.

These Violets are simultaneously a Halo and a Crown; heralding the undoing of naivete.

Fallen would work well with leather racing gloves and a sneer.

You probably should not idolize and love the fragrance that is Fallen, yet the odds are that you inevitably will.

Fallen is a delicious, finger-licking obscenity.

Fallen is an unflinching gaze.

Fallen are the new depths in which you find yourself.

Fallen is the tears on your pillow.

Magnificence personified.

Stellar!

5.5 out of 5!

Edited by Shollin

Yeah, I'm just going through the Sin & Salvation catalogue here. I just love this line so much <3

In the imp - florals, vetiver, woods.

On wet - a bit too floral, but that's only right on the skin, they might still tone down in a few minutes. Musk, amber, vetiver too.

Drydown - Aha! I knew it. Now it's beginning to behave properly. A few leftover florals but nothing too strong. Amber, musk, sandalwood, some distant woods as well. Very nice.

I was hopeful about this blend, because it has some of my favorite notes (sandalwood, amber, musk, velvitier). But honestly, all I smell is soapy florals in the imp and on my skin. As it dries, it reminds me of toilet bowl cleaner. I think it's the violet, which is a death note for me. *sigh* Of to the swaps pile with this one.

Edited by talula_fairie

This goes on a light floral & soft golden amber, with a tinge of a cologne, but that's not bothering me (I'm generally a girly girl). The violet adds a sweetness to the blend that is really pretty, the sandalwood & woods a very soft wood element without smelling like a lumber yard. It's a rather elegant scent, but not too big for its britches, so to speak. I am not registering the vetiver, so it must have been used with a very light hand because it more often than not drowns and kills a blend for me. Light scent, light throw.

I'm having a hard time reviewing this one, but I like it and I'll definitely enjoy this imp!

Wet: Moist ripe musk and sandalwood with earthy light violet and a touch of another wood (which my nose is not smart enough to identify). Very sensual and earthy but not overpowering.

Drydown: Very translucent with a touch more dry wood. Imperial flowers=lily and light rose or tuberose? The violet is barely there and vetivert only offering a woody earthy base. Nice but I need to come back to it. I think I blew out my snooter...

Woo! Whatever these imperial flowers are, they are kicking my ass. At first I thought "GARDENIA" but more and more I'm getting "JASMINE". Every so often I get the faintest wee hint of wood. No musk, no vetivier, no amber. I wish I picked them up. I like those.

I'm beginning to think my skin eats vetivier and amps florals, which of course does not reflect how I see myself at all.

In bottle: Surprisingly attractive. Violet dominant, with florals supporting. I’d say amber is second, with vetiver and wood very understated. It’s lovely and delicate. (I can’t skin test due to vetiver).

On the skin: I smelled this and almost immediately thought of sugared violets. Well, at least the way sugared violets smell in my head! ;) This scent just feels sugary overall. Sugary and musky.

Might need to try this again. Not an immediate favorite, but I am intrigued.

Bottle: Musky, warm sandalwood.

Wet: Still musky sandalwood, but there’s a damp wetness to the smell that’s reminiscent of a greenhouse. The violets and assorted florals are coming out to play. I think the vetiver is keeping it from getting too floral-y; very nice. Mm, vetiver, how I love you.

Dry: Wait, what’s happening? Something bad is taking over as it dries. Something citrus-floral that’s sharp and cleaning agent-esque. Ick. I’m getting orange off this, weirdly enough. The sandalwood-musk blend is still there, but the citrus-floral strain is equally strong, and that doesn’t work for me.

Later: Yeah, this is the indistinguishable citrus-floral-sort of murkily sandalwood smell of wood floor cleaner. Not for me.

Received Fallen as a frimp with a bottle that I purchased from a forumite. :)

In the imp, it reminds me very much of a perfume that my great aunt Ruth left to my mother, which my mom would wear on special occasions when I was a child. Violets and vetiver. A very old-fashioned scent that I could picture on an aristocratic woman in the Edwardian era.

On my skin, the violet becomes even more prominent if possible, and violet just doesn't work for me. Once it's completely dry, the sandalwood and amber come out to play, and it becomes quite pleasant. I just can't sit through that ultra-violety stage.

In the bottle: Mmm, there's a little sweetness here. I'm getting amber and sandalwood, mostly. Is that violet in the background?

Wet: Hello, florals. You like my skin, don't you? The amber and sandalwood are still there, but I don't smell the musk or vetiver.

Drydown: Smells almost the same on me as it did wet, but the slight bitterness of the vetiver is finally showing up.

Dry: Hooray, I can smell the musk now! It's a bit heady, really. The florals, violet and amber are still there, but less overpowering. Still only getting a tiny bit of vetiver. The sandalwood seems to have faded to the background, but it's still nice and warm. "Regal" is definitely a good way to describe this scent on me.

Edited by bergamot_bliss

Whew , LOT'S of flowers here when first applied . Gonna take a while to let it calm down , I hope . Ok , a little less flower power now . But still more sweetness then I can take . I've discovered amber isn't for me almost as much as rose isn't . Yeah , while the flowers have calmed down to a nice level , this just isn't for me . Not really getting any musk or vetiver , and whatever sandalwood may be there is being held back by the sweet . Oh well .

Fallen

In the imp: Mmmmm, warm sandalwood backed up by warm musk, with a touch of amber dancing through. I can smell very few florals in this one right now, but I guess we'll see if that changes!

On skin: At first the sandalwood pops out to play. Something in this blend - probably the musk - keeps it from going dry on my skin like some others. The florals seem to be adding a bit of sweetness, but they never really pop out on me. This scent is really working well for me! I might have to invest in some more of this, as I just tested it and do not own an imp or bottle.

There's a lot going on here . Can smell the sandalwood but this is more of a " dark " scent to me . Quite a fantastic blend happening . I'm not a big fan of amber , but this works well in the mix . Just getting a little vetiver , mostly covered by sweeter notes . But it is there if you dig for it with your nose . This is mostly the sandalwood with floral notes and a bit of musk . Very nice but not a every day kind of scent to me . This would be the kind of thing I'd wear to change up my usual choices .

I don't know what it is, but I do not like this scent. It starts out okay, just a musky floral, but then it goes all skunky and "perfumey" and gross. Had to scrub it off.

This is an amazingly seductive masculine scent. Just beautiful, and a fantastic representation of its' namessake. 4/5!

In the bottle: Can i have sex with an imp? No? Well, offs to find me a man... :yum:

Wet: Wait, wait... :eek: I feel like Narcissus- just smelling myself and nothing else!

Drydown: Oh. My. Goodness! :thud: Where's a guy when you need them?! This smells nice on me, but give me a random man who'll wear this, and they'll be glomped by a pack of frenzied women. Yes, Fallen is THAT good. I get some florals, (mostly the violets) but they're so faint that they just meld gorgeously! Medium throw. I want to eat my wrist. :eek: :yum: :lol:

5/5

PS I realize that this review is sadly lacking in notes- but who the Hell cares?! Go get thyself some Fallen!

Purchased from Rhetoricians ages ago

In Bottle: Slightly sharp floral with a light musky background

On skin: an odd undertone comes out that I can't place, I'll have to look at the scent description again. Otherwise this is all floral on me.

Drydown: soft floral, I think lavender purple when I wear this.

Verdict: It's nice enough, but I don't see this as a particularly devilish scent. The violets and vetiver don't anger my nose the way Bluebeard did, so that's an interesting note.

In the Imp (ITI): Hmm, that's an interesting blend. Violet and other heady florals are dominant, but I can pick up musk, sandalwood, and a touch of amber.

Wet: The amber and sandalwood are a bit stronger on my skin, but the violet and florals still try to steal the show.

Dry: After a few hours, violet, florals, vetiver, and sandalwood are all that faintly remain. I wish this had more staying power, but the throw when first applied is excellent.

Edited by mymymai

Wow, I got an imp ear of this as a freebie with my latest order and WOW How Have I Missed This All This Time? The drydown is a gorgeous musky amber that makes me want to take a bite of my wrist, yum. I needed this in my life, thank you Great Choosers of Random Imps.

Whoo! That's a bottle of violets there and boy does my skin AMP that! :ack: This is very similar to this years Dias De Los Muertos. I like it but it is very strong. This can only be worn in small doses and probably not to work where some people complain about fragrances.

This smelled really delicious in the vial: slightly floral, woody, and warm. But...did I get a mis-marked vial? The notes listed don't mention cinnamon, but my skin welted very quickly when I put this on the back of my hand. I think I can smell it in there too, although I can't be sure, as it's very faint. As the only skin allergy I'm aware of having is to cinnamon-containing oils, this is more of a warning to others with allergies than a proper review--be cautious with this one.