Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Affectionately nicknamed 'The Devil's Bake Sale'.

This was more of a spicy cookie...like say....a snickerdoodle. It was more cinnamon scnet that a nice buttery sweet scent....as I thought ....Sugar Cookie.

Anything spicy...gets even spicier on me...and I didnt care for it at all.

Ok my first proper review ...here goes nothing!! :P

Sugar Cookie From Sara E :D

Vial: Smells very much of a yummy cookie, vanilla and cinnamon

Wet: Totally lost the vanilla-ish cookie part and turned into only cinnamon!!

Drydown: Only Cinnamon, I smlee nothing else! It's so strong! It should have been named cinnamon cookie not sugar cookie! I think they are called snicker doodles or something? :D

Dry: A Solid cinnamon cookie! With only a very small small dab of vanilla

Thought I would LOVE this one as I love gingerbread poppet so much, but no! :D It's up for swappie if anyone wants about a 3/4 full imp!

2004 Version.

Rating (on skin): 5/5

Summarised in a word or two: Cinnamon vanilla!

In the imp: Warm, sugary vanilla cookies.

On skin, wet: Spicy-sweet cinnamon-vanilla cookies. I can even smell the dough! This is spicy, but in a sugary way, if that makes any sense. Very foody, but strangely, I'm not repulsed because of it.

On skin, dry: A warm cinnamon vanilla. Lovely! This is a gorgeous spiced vanilla scent. I can't smell anything like dough anymore, which I'm actually glad of.

Conclusion: Very, very lovely. Sugar Cookie is a very warm, spicy vanilla that I simply adore.

Edited by Aredhel

Sugar Cookie

In the imp: sweet, spicy biscuit dough! This smells yummy! It's similar to Gingerbread Poppet but much sweeter and with more cinnamon.

Wet on skin: yup, this is very similar to Gingerbread Poppet, but it think there's more cinnamon here. it's a delicious, sweet and spicy dough mix!

Dry on skin: oh wow. I can smell more cinnamon now. There's some ginger here which gives this a fiery kick, cinnamon that adds a sweet-spicy warmth, and possibly some nutmeg-in fact, it reminds me of mulled wine, I swear there's even some orange. There's a delicious buttery, floury, sugary dough mixture smell with the spices. It smells so yummy and edible and makes me think of Christmas!

After a while: the spices tone down a bit-they are still there but now the dough smell is more apparent-with the sugar, the butter, the flour, possibly some treacle. This is the entire baking of cookies scent-the smell of raw dough, baking dough, right up to the cookies being sprinkled with sugar. This is soooo sweet, there might be vanilla in this as well. I want to eat my wrist because this is just incredibly yummy. I have now got an urge to make some spicy biscuits. There's also a hint of orange pomander in this, adding to the whole Xmas vibe this scent has.

Verdict: this scent makes me do a Homer Simpson impression...mmm, cookies...*drool* One of the yummiest, most gorgeous BPAL spice scents. I've been looking all over for the best Christmas-reminiscent spicy scent and this is it. There's biscuit dough, all the flour, sugar and butter. There are spices-cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and maybe some cloves. And there's even a bit of citrus, like orange peel. This is warm, lovely, decadent, indulgent, festive and makes me smile. Very similar to Gingerbread Poppet, but with a more varied array of spices and a hint of mulled wine. It's like the most delicious spiced biscuit smell without the calories. It's the perfect sugar and spice smell, and I wish I had a bottle!

Edited by yeahbutnobut

Nothing beats smelling like a tasty Sugar Cookie! This was my first LE, sold to me at cost price by the amazing Diana. It was my first experience with swapping/buying from a forumite, and it was such a lovely way to start out.

Sugar Cookie is a tiny bit too spicy and non-sugary for me to love it, but I sure do like it, and I have major plans for it this winter.

This really does smell like snickerdoodle! I was hoping for a more straight up sugar cookie scent, though. When I was testing it to do a review the day before, after an hour at snickerdoodle, Sugar Cookie hit a stage (and remained there) where it went rancid. Like stale used washing cloth. However, today, when I was testing it again to confirm, it didn't hit that stage. Instead, Sugar Cookie got softer and more buttery, with the cinnamon a lot lighter, so it really was more of a sugar cookie scent (more like a lovely cross between the two).

Edited by malanna

Mmmm, in the bottle it smells like a cooled off sugar cookie with raw sugar sprinkled on top. The cool, raw sugar smell, very sweet and creamy. It makes me feel like a kid pciking out a cookie from the mall cookie stand.

Wet on the skin: Some spicy and buttery notes come out. It smells more similar to a snickerdoodle now, kind of mixed with the smell of a Christmas Craft store.

Drydown: Now it smells just like my cinnamon broom!

I'm getting all cinnamon - in the bottle and on the skin. There is a little bit of sweet bakeness in the background, but for me it stays far, far in the background. This is yet another remindered that scents with cinnamon in them are not good for me.

This one changed a lot on me. It starts out delicious and buttery. It's just like a fresh baked snickerdoodle. Buttery, cinnamon and sugar. So good.

Then it dries and it's mostly cinnamon. Then the butter turns into some kind of burning somewhat plastic note. boooooo!

Wet, this is very promising, kind of a dusty sugar and dough smell. Wet on my skin, it busts out with the uber-cinnamon note that induces instant nausea.

After about 30 minutes this fades down and that sugary-dough smell starts to peep back out. It's lovely, but I don't know if it's worth the opening onslaught. I think I'd rather get my sweet baked goods fix without subjecting my stomach to assault.

I'm so sad. I was really hoping to usher in the new Yule scents with a taste of the old.

Sugar Cookie is probably my least favorite of the Yule LE blends. First on this is sharply cinnamony and... that's it. In the drydown this smells like burnt cookies and play-doh. I don't like that burnt smell at all, and it's a very strong scent. Most sugar cookie scents don't have a lot of throw or staying power. This one does.

Stupid skin chemistry...

This was a little to spice and cinnamon for me, and that didn't really work on my skin. I was expecting it to be a lot more butter and sugar. Upon drydown ti started to get this burnt smell. Definitely not for me.

Edited by PrettyPenny

First sniff: Must not drool all over. I picked up on sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.

Wet: Still smells like it did in the imp, although the cinnamon is more prominent. As pointed out, it does smell like red hots candy at this point.

Dry: It mellows to where it smells exactly like the sugar cookies that my mother taught me to bake. I am impressed, hungry, and in love.

Origin: Decant bought on LJ

In the Bottle: Cookies! I can smell vanilla and spices and a faint touch of citrus.

Wet: Ew...this is like the dough stage of the cookies on me...but kind of unpleasantly sour.

Drydown: The sour note hangs on. My husband sniffed my wrist and flat-out said, "The food scents just don't work on you."

Verdict: This will be a room scent at best for me. I may send the imp to the swaps to find a better home, though.

Mmmm, I just got my hands on a decant of this one. It definitely smells like fresh baked cookies, though it is more spicy than the usual sugar cookie. It smells more like snickerdoodles or ginger snaps because of all the spices. I don't mind though, it's so unique and delicious! Beats Demeter's sugar cookie scent hands down, in my opinion.

The male opinion is that it's very warm and very powerful. Delicious!

In the Bottle: Wow....it smells exactly like a freshly baked sugar cookie from granny's oven! There's a slight (read as very slight) egg noggy smell that throws me off just a smidge. Not sure if that's my nose or if that's actually there. Deffinately a scent I could see myself wearing while hiding the christmas presents this year. I must add that I'm actually really surprised that it smells WARM...as in the temperature warm.

Wet: Wow...it STILL smells like a warm sugar cookie. Bizarre! I hadn't expected it to actually smell like that. I'm not overly fond of foody scents but it could be nice for a dinner party during the holidays. I wonder how this one will age.

Drydown: Impressed am I! It didn't change in the SLIGHTEST. It STILL smells spot on for a sugar cookie. Brilliant!

Sugar Cookie 05

In Bottle: Sweet rum?

On Skin: It seems a lot of the sweeter scents I’ve smelled recently smell boozy at first… Sugar Skull, Trick or Treat and now Sugar Cookie. This years version of the scent is less spicy. I remember last years with a bit of a cinnamon note. It smells delicious but starts fading fairly quickly. I do like it better than last years version…

2005 Version

Rating (on skin): 2/5

Summarised in one word: Doughy.

In the bottle: Wow, frosting. Sugary, creamy frosting and... booze? Kind of reminds me of rum, but it could be something else, but this smells boozy!

On skin, wet: Yep, a sugar cookie, dough and all. It still has that sorta-boozy note, like a cookie that's been spiked before being baked. Unlike last year's, I get no vanilla, or cinnamon, but get lots of dough.

On skin, dry: Creamy frosting, a teeny bit of spice, and dough. I have a candle called Sugar Cookie that smells very much like this. After an hour, it smells like a baked cookie, almost burnt, but not quite.

Throw/strength: This has a weak-to-average throw, and lasts about three hours.

Conclusion: I definitely have to agree with slave1, that this is not as spicy as last year's. Last year's turned into a wonderful cinnamon-vanilla, but this one just turns into a nearly-burnt cookie. I think I like the '04 version better.

Edited by Aredhel

Last year's reviews described this as smelling like a snickerdoodle; to me that is one of the best scents on earth, so I was hoping this year would be similar. In fact this smells exactly like sugar-coated rumballs - boozy, sweet and heavy, the kind of treat that tastes like heaven but leaves you feeling glutted and sick 10 minutes later. I like it but it's definitely a cozy cold-weather scent; in warm weather this would be way too cloying and heavy. This is more of a snuggly oil for cold mornings.

Sugar Cookie 2005

well, i have to say i'm kinda sad. i loved last year sugar cookie, of which i only had an imp, so when i found out there was a new one for this year i used it all up. when i got the new one i slathered it on, took a deep breath and was super happy buuuutttt it slow turned odd. kinda burned and dirty. maybe it's just my odd chemistry because it's the last day of my cycle or it's just a bad blend for me.....

The '05 version

I was hoping Sugar Cookie would be spicier, because I kept reading about it's spice. But it's not very spicey on me at all. Still, it is a dead-on sugar cookie scent, absolutely accurate. It's sweet and vanilla with butter, but not the butter that made me ill in Gluttony or Jack or Shill. It's a gentler butteryness, adding some salty "flavor" without being overwhelming.

Sugar Cookie turns a little bit odd on my skin. It's not a huge change, it's not necessarily one I can't live with...but I was a bit disappointed with my chemistry with it. It just turns a little too flat and sweet, and there's a slight hint of that plasticky smell people get sometimes. I think I will try layering it with Three Witches and see if that works better for me.

Wet: Rum and cookie dough.

Dry: Rum and some spice that has an edge which makes the cookie dough smell somewhat burnt. It's nice, but that spice was put in in too large a quantity maybe. or maybe this needs aging. I will wear this, but I am going to let my bottles age and stick to last year's Poppet while these age.

05 sugar cookie:

in the bottle: rum balls

wet: rummy gooey, did i say rummy?

as it dries teh rum smell runs off (yay) and i am left w/ a cookie dough, almost toffee like scent. it definitely is not the "snickerdoodle" of last year, but it is sweet, and yummy cookies being rolled out and waiting to go in the oven

Wet: Rum and cookie dough.

Yep, I totally agree with the previous post. I think that Sugar Cookie smells like the chef got into the hot buttered rum and got sooooo confuuuuused that she couldn't remember if she was making sugar cookies or rum balls! :D I did a little test with Sugar Cookie on one arm and Hellcat on the other arm, because I know Hellcat has that boozy tendency. Sugar Cookie has a bit of the same, but it's much softer and mellower. I really like Sugar Cookie -- it's a foody yet boozy scent, and I tend to enjoy that combination.

Maybe the Hellcat was the one making sugar cookies, and that's why Sugar Cookie is part of "The Devil's Bake Sale?" :P

valentina

Edited by valentina

In the bottle, Sugar Cookie 2005 smells exactly like butterscotch Dum Dums to me. It was so dead-on my head almost exploded when memories of all the separate times I've eaten a butterscotch Dum Dum throughout my life simultaneously collided in my brain.

On my wrist, Sugar Cookie smells like sweet warm rum. I don't get much spice from this; I wouldn't call it "spiced" and I can't pick out any individual spice. As it dries, it smells more like caramel, and faintly dough-like. It's mostly sugary, warm, sweet, and rummy/boozy on me. I tried it as both a room scent and a perfume, and although I really do like this smell, I can't see myself wearing it often. I was hoping it would work as well on me as Gingerbread Poppet 2004, but they are definitely two different animals.