Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
LiberAmoris

The White Bees Swarming Hair Gloss

Frost-dusted honey.

The White Bees Swarming is very straightforward and very pretty—honey, honey, honey (and a little frost). The frost is so light in this that it truly is just a dusting. As with the white lilies hair gloss, I think this one would also be perfect in the spring...the honey is warm and sweet like late winter/early spring sunlight.

It's tough to describe the type of honey here and I'm sure others will capture it better, but it reminded me of the type of honey I love in Crib Girls. Even though Crib Girls is a melange of many different honeys (and other notes), there's a similarity that makes me happy (I love Crib Girls!). Maybe because the honey note in The White Bees Swarming also has an almost floral tinge, like honey from wildflower-loving bees? Whatever it is, I like it.

This hair gloss could be a revelation for those who love the honey note but don't like the way it smells on their skin...and for those who can wear it on their skin, it will be a great layering gloss. I can't wait to try it with Osun, Bengal, Honey Moon, and O—just for starters. I wore it with Crib Girls today and the combo is out of this world.

I detect honey, frost, vanilla and something spicy like cinnamon. I am instantly in love with this hairgloss. I'll post more thoughts once I've had it on for awhile.

This is lovely!

To me its a cool spring scent. The honey is the warmth of spring but there is definitely a coolness to it, and to me it smells like icy/iced vanilla sugar with a teeny, tiny drop of something minty.

I'll be using this one a bunch, I'm sure of it!

This is very much almost just like the GC Honey Hair Gloss - there's a definite coolness to it, whereas the GC is very warm, and a slight frost scent, which dissipates fairly quickly - but overall a lovely GC - I just don't need it AND the GC Honey HG at the same time.

Full disclosure: I really, really don't like the lab's ice/snow note. It's an ice-pick to the skull migrane note for me. That being said, though, I get none of the stabby pain I normally get from the cold/ice/snow/slush notes that I've experienced in the perfumes. Yes, it is very much a honey scent. But it's a cool honey scent. It is most certainly the same honey as the Honey HG, but it has been tempered and... not so much softened, but civilised. The extra depth of this - or, rather, the extra light - brings it out of the animalistic foody category and more into the sophisticated scent arena. It still has the oomph of honey, but it is checked. It is not a heavy perfumey type of scent, but a lighter, fresher take on honey. Not light in terms of scent carrying, but in terms of being less opulently rich. If Honey HG is a bawdy week-end scent, White Bees is a work friendly scent. A leashed animal.

This is all kinds of awesome, and you really should snag a bottle if you kind of like honey, but don't want anything in-your-face foody.

This was the very first gloss I have purchased and I am so very happy with my choice. I was looking for something kinda sweet but not overpowering. Somehow this smells exactly like you would expect frost dusted honey to smell but I can't quite explain it... kinda like a "cool" honey? It's really quite beautiful and has a lot of depth, to me it's more than just straight honey.

I have short hair and was hesitant to purchase a gloss for this reason but I am so glad I took the plunge, definitely worth it!

This one just smells happy to me. :) I thought there were florals here, but the frost tinged honey describes this scent perfectly. I would wear this probably more in the spring, though, it is just too bouncy for winter. Lately I've been finding the glosses lose their scent once the hair dried. If I have a workout, I start smelling it again, but I'm kind of disappointed that the scent fades. I will put this away for a few months, but I know that the older glosses have been holding their scent much better. Not sure if it's just age, or the lab isn't mixing their scents strong enough with the base gloss.

This one is such a lovely scent! Unfortunately for me, though, it's really potent. I can't wear it because when I gave it a shot, it left me with a little bit of a headache, and drives my family crazy. Maybe it's the hint of "frost" that isn't going well for me. :sad:

The honey in this blend is STRONG.

Even when I used less than my usual 5 squirts it overwhelmed me easily. I know my skin sours honey scents so I wonder if my hair is doing the same now!

Edited by Yojenitan

This is absolutely *gorgeous*, and I immediately set about acquiring more than my single decant! :wub3:

I don't have much hair (other than my occasionally used extensions), so I've been testing hair glosses on the back of my hand. When first sprayed, there's this amazing soft aura of gentle, sweet honey gorgeousness, with just a hint of floral, total 'holy SHIT this is incredible! This is the best thing I ever smelled!' moment :) It gradually dies down into soft beeswaxy honey with a little sparkling hint of frost, and this stage lasted ages. Honey can be a weird one for me, sometimes I find it overpowering and sickly, but when it's *good*, honey is one of my favourite notes, and in this, it is amazing :wub2:

I will be wearing this a lot as perfume!

Mostly frost over honey when sniffed from the cap. On my hair, the honey comes forward to mix with the frost note, which is the icy ozone note. A nice scent on my hair, blending both notes into a lovely mix.

This is wow HONEY. I'm so glad honey likes me! I only use 2 squirts, as it's strong, but I love it. There's both a floral and a more dark and syrupy honey with a bit of the diet lemon ice tea note which I believe is BPAL frost, but that fades into a cool and complex honey.

Thought I would try this because I always wanted the Lab's honey note to work, but in the perfume oils, it all turned to sour powder. So here goes with the HG...

In decant: Very sweet honey! Smells so good....instantly think of a warm spring day.

Oh damp hair: Oh my!! This is so lovely! It immediately turns to that frosty honey as described. It is soft, yet has a good throw. I used about 4 squirts on my damp hair.

Verdict: This WORKS for me!! So glad I got some of this! If honey notes in the oils don't work for you, try this! It is fresh and sweet but not cloying at all.

Mhhhh, this is delicious. Honey is one of those notes that can very easily go wrong, but when it's right, it's sooo good. Are white bees supposed to make white honey? I don't know but this definitely smells more like white honey than deeper, darker honey. It's light and warm and not too sweet. It's clear, cool honey. Definitely reminds me more of spring than winter. I smell the frost note in the very first few minutes but it disappears very quickly afterward. There is some sort of... lemony? note as well. I want to say lemon, but it's not quite lemon. It makes it smell brighter and lighter.

Unfortunately the scent doesn't linger for me. It's pretty much completely gone after half an hour.

i think i sprayed too much, honey. i do really like this though. at first i didn't realize i was getting the frost, but now i totally sense it, it's definitely not just pure honey and there is a touch of frost. so nice. i can't stop smelling my hair! :)

Sadly this for me was a very light, very weak honey and frosty (ozone) scent. I wanted to give it a try because some honey notes I LOVE but sadly this was kind of a dud all around. The hair glosses though do smooth my hair out so nicely just this scent wasn't working for me.

This reminds me of Snow White plus lots of honey. It was fun to try but not really for me.

I just tried a decant of this today. To me this smell almost identical to Snow White, but it's very strong and almost headache inducing.

Got a bottle of this via Etsy and I'm so glad I took a chance. I agree with many of the other reviews above: Very similar to Snow White but with an extra dab of straight, heady honey.

I love this. It's honey, but it's a unique kind of honey. I don't actually smell the Lab's cold/frost note, but it is different than any other honey note I have smelled, so there is SOMETHING there with it....hard to describe, just beautiful, and I will treasure my decant.

I have been bravely ignoring this HG every time it comes up on etsy, telling myself I already have GC honey. I am glad I finally did get it because the extra frost and vanilla notes take the gorgeous honey up a notch. Wonderful!