Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Arrr! Avast ye, matey! This be the scent of pirate rum!

yep I can see this being pirate rum, being drank out of a beat up bottle by a pirate captain. More commonly I feel like this is what butterbeer would smell like if it really existed. I jumped the gun on buying a bottle of this, as it smells like burning plastic on my skin. So no butterscotch for me. This overall is a delicious scent. I opened the bottle and my boyfriend proceeded to steal it from my hands to sniff it, and his nose is crap (meaning everything smells average to him).

My boyfriend was playing around with sniffing through my box of untested imps and he LOVED this one, so obviously I had to try it out.

This is like buttered rum... it's sweet and creamy and almost like boozy candy. Whoever said butterscotch was dead on, but there's also an almost smoky element to it.

This isn't as overwhelmingly boozy on me as I feared it might be, it's much more of a foody scent.

Oof, this kinda reminds me of pumpkin lager, but thankfully more pleasant. It's very sweet and in-your-face boozy.
This is kind of what I imagine a butterbeer must smell like!

It goes a lot sweeter and more foody on my skin, and I'm afraid this is one of those that just won't get off - aka not for me but most people will love this. :)

No, it be not. Instead it be Werther's hard butterscotch candies in the flask, which dries to the brûlée of Sugar Skull. There's not a drop of rum in the whole concoction. It's delicious and amazing and I think I might need a bottle.

Whoa yeah. An overwhelming ahoy. A deeply butterscotchy rum. No, wait. There's barely any rum -- it's mostly 'scotch.

I smell like I just had that first slip and fall into the muck of the butterscotch pudding wrestling ring that makes everyone cheer, because now my bikini is besmirched and my 80s 'do is a gloppy wreck.

I'll bring it to the beach next week and amuse the whole family.

Lab fresh imp. In the imp and wet on skin it's intensely sweet and sticky. Actually it smells just like the Yule blend, Sugar Cookie! A sweet, buttery baked goods scent. After letting it dry, yep, on my skin this is identical to Sugar Cookie all the way from start to finish. Surprise LE dupe!

EDIT: Forgot to mention I don't smell any booze in this.

Edited by CitrusFiend

Fresh out of the imp this is exactly the same butterscotch smell I get from Dwarven Ale. They must have the same base. Unlike Dwarven Ale it doesn't really dissipate over time. The buttery overtone is strong and the only real change over time is that the base smells a bit spicier. This is unlike my experiences with rum, although granted I don't drink it much! Personally I prefer Dwarven Ale as a butterscotchy booze scent.

It's so very sweet on me. I get the booziness to start, almost like a vanilla syrup with rum. After about 30 minutes it became a straight up rum cake. It smells like the cakes my gran preferred that we'd get in the Polish grocery stores around Christmas. It never changes after that and lasts an eternity. Baked goods and booze don't really do it for me, so this will move along.

In the imp I get super sweet, dark, sugary rum, but no booze. Like rum syrup. There's a fruitiness as well.

Wet: Sugary rum, but boozier. There is something that smells vaguely banana-y underneath.

Dry: Rum and bananas.

In the imp: Super sweet! It reminds me of those hard butter rum flavored candies.

Wet: Yeah, this is definitely the scent of butter rum flavored candies.

Dry: Now spice notes have emerged, making this a sweet, spiced rum scent. It has a creamy, vanilla-like aspect to it now, that makes me think of something like rum-infused frosting... like the rum cupcakes in Captain Lilith and Her First Mate. I prefer this phase of the scent.

Verdict: The dry phase of Grog was nice, but the wet stage of the scent was way too cloying for me. I'll stick with Captain Lilith!

Grog is a big ole boozy foodie! More rum cake than rum, with a chaser of hot buttered rum. Yummy and fun, nothing aquatic about it, very festive - I can see wearing this around the holidays. Not much throw (I hardly ever get any with my skin) but pretty good wear length.

Strong butterscotch hard candy. Not getting any alcohol either. I agree with the butter rum lifesavers, werthers,

and yellow cellophane wrapped butterscotch candies from my grandma's candy dish. Nostalgic, foodie and :yum:

unabashedly sweet. Later in the dry down, sniffed close to the skin, I get a green-dye fruityness. Candied lime peel?

I sense some of this green fruit in Sugar Skull :skull: bath oil, but the butterscotch in Grog is still going so strong I can't

be certain. I occasionally like something this sugary, especially without the toothache or the calories, but I expect this

imp will last me a long time!

Sweet, creamy butterscotch with a hint of rum. The rum is mellow though, and mellows out even more on the dry down but somehow becomes the dominant note. I personally don't find it too boozy. The longevity is great and the silage is pretty good, I can see why this has been a BPAL staple for ages.