Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Golden peach, tobacco absolute, tonka bean, and honey with a squirt of red musk.

Fresh in the bottle: peach and tobacco and red musk. There's a heady nose to it, like 80 proof liquor.

Wet on the skin: at first it's intensely peach and red musk. And then tonka and tobacco roar up like a slow-motion fireball, obliterating all other scents in their path. For a few minutes peach is completely subsumed. Then it bobs back up, and there's this sinuous wrestling-in-a-sack thing where Peach is intensely juicy and female and Tonka/Tobacco are very masculine and between them they make a scent as androgynous as Tiresias, which is to say not gender-neutral at all, but rather a fierce yin/yang whirl of woodsy and juicey. Somewhere in here things start to heat up and become *really* good, if you know what I mean, like a gorgeous low warm haze on the skin.

...and then my nemesis, honey, arrives in a rain of fulminated cat pee.

*sigh*

Twelve hours later, there is still a noticeable whiff of peach-tinged tobacco on the skin. Drydown never smells *dry* per se; it's peach-soaked to the bone.

There is the *perfect* amount of peach in this one. And tobacco makes peach's butt look amazing.

Peach and/or Tobacco fans without my peculiar chemistry may wish to beg, borrow or steal decants. Red musk fans may be sad, as it's never prominent in the blend for me.

I was not quite sure what to expect from Peach I. The notes were so intriguing, but I was not sure how they would come together.

In a nutshell, I was blown away.

Peach I smells to me like juicy, summery peach in the bottle. I don't get much tobacco, but the red musk is warm and softens the peach a bit.

When wet, I still smell bright peach, but it is starting to move towards a heady, deep scent thanks to the tonka and red musk (and presumably the tobacco, although I can't quite pick out that note).

Dry, Peach I is a warm, slightly woodsy peach scent. I clearly amp the red musk and peach. I also get the sweetness and warmth from the tonka and honey, and oh do I love honey! It provides sweetness with a slight tinge of something sharp as well. I do not get much tobacco until hours later, but perhaps that is lending to some of the warmth in the scent. Together the red musk, tonka and peach leave me with a golden, warm and sweet scent that lingers all day. Literally, 11 hours later and I am still enjoying the scent, slightly more smoky and woodsy, but still with warmth and some sweetness. My chemistry just works beautifully with Peach I :)

I am simply in love- enough so to leave my very first review :)

And a special thank you to my wonderful and amazing Dragoncon fairy- next year let's go as a team!

The peach note in these smells like a peach liqour to me. Very rich and juicy and sweet, not overly tangy. It blends in so seamlessly and perfectly with the tobacco! I am so in love with this scent. It projects and lasts for hours after hours, smelling better and better as it melds with your skin.

This is a nice example of how red musk can still be sexy... but can also be elegant and work place appropriate. The longer it is on the less prominent the peach becomes and the more the honey takes over the sweetness coupled with the tobacco. The tonka is there too, I think marrying into the peach to create that feel of a liqour. It's boozy without smelling drunk.

I never get the woody dry down others describe... it is so well blended though! I can't quite describe the cloud of scent in the dry down, but it is oh so sexy. But in the way that a ballgown is sexy, rather than a bikini. If it were a color it would be sunset.

It vears into really sweet, but never quite crosses the border into Candyland, thanks to the tobacco and musk. I can feel it wanting to go into candle land, but thankfully doesn't on my skin. It is something that could happen though if you are prone to such things.

I bought 3 of these >< which says a lot since I still have yet to make it more than half way through a bottle in 5 years. It is perfect and wonderful and so much <3.

Edited by tativa

Preface: Ok, over the past few years, I've become a total whore for anything in these3 categories: sweet, pink-smelling, or syrupy debauchery including tobacco. Peach I falls in 2 categories out of 3 (its not pink-smelling, of course. Don't want to be obtuse here.. ;)).

I amp this for a decade. The peach sticks around (dies down after the wet phase but still notable). The tonka is actually identifiable on my skin, which happens, like, NEVER. The red musk doesn't turn metallic or decaying-mushy. Its *just enough* where I can really appreciate it. I'm usually sensitive to red musk! Overall, a sweet tobacco peach scent with a devilishly dark red musk note.

Love this - it has a boozy peach feeling as others have noted - like peach schnapps, but without the cloying-ness of some of the "booze scents". I agree that I smell everything in its turn - first peach + red musk, then the tobacco and the sweetness from the tonka, but in the end, it's a gorgeous, rounded, grown up peach. Love!

In bottle: Very, very peach, maybe a little too sweet with the honey and tonka bean support. Tobacco and red musk try to create a counter point. I waver on whether or not this works in practice. Wet: Much better balanced on the skin. The peach is still dominant and the honey may still be a drop too far, but the tonka is working with it and the peach smoothes out. Meanwhile, the tobacco steps out as a strong second to the peach with the musk still in support, but blending better. This is much closer what I was imagining when I read the description. As it warms, the honey suddenly makes sense as it stretches like a bridge between peach and tobacco. This one’s a grower not a shower, best to give it time to reveal itself. Dry: Okay, now I love it. The edges wear off the peach, so that you get a gentle tonka and peachy sweetness without it being overwhelming. The tobacco honey fades to a ghost. The red musk gives the sexy without coming on to strong. This evolves on the shin to something sublime, so if the initial brashness startles you, give it a little time.

Oooh! This one is good! I definitely smell the peach in this one. Kind of a breezy peach with a dollop of honey and lots of musk. This scent has a very airy quality to it that I associate with musk. I like this one!

The tobacco shows up after a bit and now I'm not so sure I like it. Tobacco tends to go a little weird on me.

In the bottle this smells just like Tobacco Honey plus peaches. Wet on my skin I am definitely getting the red musk with the peaches. As it dries the tobacco emerges from the red-peach, the honey laying it's sweet, thick blanket over everything.

This is a very warm, sweet, comforting scent. Perfect for a lazy late summer, or Indian summer, day or for a cold, drizzly autumn day while settled into a cozy pile of blankets with a large mug of tea and an even larger book.

Edited by Katlyntje

LOVE this, and that's coming for a person who isn't necessarily a peach fanatic either. Wet it starts out with a bright juicy burst of peach. I love how the golden peach note here doesn't border on saccharine at all, like some peach notes do on my skin, but is tart enough to balance out the sweetness. It's got that juiciness to it like a fresh-picked peach from one of my trees (yes I do live in New Jersey and have functioning peach trees but that's a who other story). Then as it dries down the tonka and honey make it a thicker, richer scent. The slightly smoky tobacco and warm red musk are the last to emerge but they give it something of a sensual finish. I never expected to fall for a peach scent this much but there you have it. :wub2:

ITI: Peach I is a bit overtly sweet for me, and I think that might be due to the honey. I can pick up the peach - warm and juicy, and a touch of tonka, but the honey is that loathed Honey Bucket honey that loves to hate my skin.

Wet: Peaches, overtly sweet musk, something that reminds me of Smarties, and that icky honey note.

Dry: Yep, that's Honey Bucket honey with red musk and light peaches. I'm going to go wash this off now. If it weren't for the honey, I'd really like this. However, if the Lab's honey notes work for you, I'd encourage you to try it if you favor sweet and fruity scents.

Well, I love this. In the bottle I smell sweet peach juice and leafy tobacco. It goes on super sweet and peachy on my skin, and I was afraid it was going to stay that way and make me smell like peach candy, which is not a favorite. But after it dries down I get more of the tonka, tobacco, and red musk (a note I am usually not a fan of) that blend really nicely with the sweet peach and give me a sense of that natural woody muskiness that a nice ripe peach gives off when you smell its skin. I don't get a strong sense of the honey by itself, so in that regard it does make me think about Pussy Moth, which is what I was hoping when I ordered it from my kind fairy. I hope one bottle is enough!

Ooook, this is so far, the least peachiest peach I've found. I'm getting a musky red musk tobacco with a touch of peach when wet. It ends up being a sweet peach with a touch of red musk dry. I wish it stayed as it was wet, but this is the best peach on me so far, with only V to go.

Peach, tonka and red musk. On wet, I got more of the tobacco note and I was super excited about that, but it's dried down to a peach + red musk blend. Which is nice, but not what I was hoping for.

I would almost swear there's patchouli in here somewhere, but it's probably the tobacco and red musk mixing and giving off a more earthy tone. I definitely get a dirty, ashy, nutty vibe, with almost no peach to be found. As it dries, it does become sweeter and powdery, but not from the peaches - instead, it's more like a honey sweetness. Mainly, it's earth and ash, sweetened with a layer of honey. Interesting, but not something I'd wear often.

In the imp, this is divine. The red musk comes out, keeping the sweetness of the peach & honey at bay.

Applied, well ... so much for the red musk keeping the sweetness at bay - this turns just over the edge, becoming cloyingly sweet.

Later on, though ... OMG this is fabulous on my sweater! I usually apply right before leaving for work, and the scent rubs off on my sweater, and ... oh divine. It's almost waxy, reminding me of candles.

Final verdict: I'd love this as a linen spray!

a gorgeous and classic honey/tobacco/red musk combo over a juicy peach background. peach is not normally something i wear but the supporting notes here make it very wearable, sweet and sexy. it's almost boozey in a way- a really good way since actually some of bpal's alcohol-inspired notes do not really like me, even when i like them! this strikes me as a late summer scent. it's one of the best peaches i've tried, honestly.

I have yet to find a perfect Peach blend for me, though I love peach. I am excited to try this! (Received in a swap)

In the bottle: Super sweet fruit syrup

Wet on skin: Still very sweet, but the tobacco blooms immediately and is lovely. The Tonka is very prevalent as well.

Dry: This fades a lot on drydown, but is still really pretty.

Sniff: Oh mai. Heady, warm, sweet.

Wet Skin: SYRUP HONEY. Why do I underestimate honey all the flippin time? Oh thank god, Tobacco battles the honey down from a diabetic coma into something much nicer.

Dry: Peach + Honey = heady sweet. Tobacco + red musk = Strong deep female power. Overall it's sweet, dark, smokey syrup.

Verdict: Perfect, except for that honey! Too rich for me. Ampage destroys once more. This should have been my perfect peach.

I was hoping for something similar to Peach V, but this is not it. However, it's a lovely peach that lasts all day. With the musk, it's more adult than a super sweet peach that would feel adolescent. And luckily, the honey doesn't amp or overpower anything.