Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Hellcat

A soft, sensual, luxuriant blend with a wicked bite: hazelnut, buttercream, honey mead, rum and sweet almond.

I got this imp from jewelbug. Mad love babes. :D

In the imp: it smells like honey and something sweet.

On Skin Mighty Morphing BPAL Rangers! This... turns into something smokey and lascivious. Definitely smokey. Like "I have just come out of hell and I'm gonna give you a grand old time but I'm so getting your soul for this!" :P

Maybe I'm partial to O in this scandalously seductive category but for me, Hellcat is the perfume equivalent of dressing up in latex... and only latex... and then going out on a prowl. Maneater style. Oh yeah.

After several hours, I still had the smokey hint of it on my skin... and the distinctive impression that I should be out doing... something naughty....

ETA: I finally got a better sniff of this the other day. I mainly smell the rum and something almost tobacco-y about it. There is something sweet to it... but it's like whisky sweetness as opposed to sugary sweetness.

I wonder what it will be like layered with Jack. Edited by zankoku_zen

When I put this on, I couldn't remember what notes were in it, and I still swear I smelled chocolate and cloves even though they're not listed. Anyway. As Hellcat dried, the hazelnut became more pronounced, and I could catch a whiff of the buttercream every now and then. This scent was constantly changing on my skin -- at times being sweet, at times almost spicy, and sometimes extremely nutty. I can't decide if I like it or not. The throw was strong, and it lasted for several hours.

this smells strongly of almond extract when i first apply it. but when it dries, the almond fades. it’s a sweet, foody, sexy scent. honey and butterscotch and pancake syrup. it reminds me of a more foody O.

In the bottle: Sharp, but a hint of sweet, warm, very rich. Reminds me of something, but can't remember what. Edit - Finally figured it out. Somehow, it reminds me of this sandalwood oil blend I have for my oil burner. Hmm.

Upon applying: Hmm. Wow that's sharp. Almost eye-watering level. Smells..thick almost.

15 mins later: Keep getting whiffs of the sweet - the buttercream I think. Mellowed out a lot, very quickly too. Still very warm smelling. *shifts* Is it getting warm in here or is it just me?

After an hour: *squirms* Yum. I hafta keep reminding myself that no matter how good it smells, BPAL oils do not taste good. Very warm and sweet, but almost spicy too. Very very good smelling. *purr* Reallllllly good smelling.

This one is so going on my big bottle list.

Yum.

Edited by Koneko Shadow

In the imp -

Marzipan! With an added bit of fruit or booze or something...it's like the marzipan you peel off the Christmas cake.

Wet on the skin -

Smells like an Amaretto Sours - this smells exactly like Tarot: The Star smells in the imp when it first hits my skin! It stays pretty true to that for a few minutes and then calms to something much less tart. It's almost like a cat that's fighting you and then starts purring and rolls over when it realises it's beat :P

Dry -

The butter comes out when it's dry, and it's almost spicy - there's a sort of roundness to it, and a little fruit. I wore it yesterday and it seemed much fruitier! I would have guessed it had cherry in. But today I haven't put on as much and I'm not getting any of that from it.

Le boyf says -

"Smells of almonds. But then again, so does cyanide. On, a faint hint of almonds - but worse. 2 out of 10."

I like! Lots!

This one...is not so nice.On me,at least.At first I smell strong spice-cinnamon?And liquor, maybe brandy? Intoxicating and strong,then it deepens into overwhelming,un-washed,animal smell.Very familiar...like when I knew I needed to change the mouse-cage.Too funky for me! :P

I love, love, love this.

In the bottle, I thought it smelled kind of weird - indescribably weird - but I gave it a try, anyway. It was honey and spices and buttercream and all kinds of delicious.

This is one of the few scents that changed very little on me for the day that I wore it - the staying power was absolutely excellent. Definitely one I'll be needing a big bottle of!

On first application, this is a sweet almond oil, strong and boozy. It's definitely a warm scent, but the alcohol is a little overpowering at first. As it dries, however, it fades into a faintly sweet liqueur, and I definitely smell the honey mead. It's nice, but I'm not one for very boozy scents.

Yum yum yum!

Hellcat is fun! I get the hazelnut and buttercream notes mostly, with perhaps a little almondy rum in the background. (To me it smells more like rum cordial candy than actual rum, which is good, because I love rum candy and hate rum to drink... go figure!) It smells a lot like Hearth '05, though Hearth had a sharp woody note behind it rather than the rummy one here.

On the whole I think I prefer the sharper, longer lasting Hearth '05 to Hellcat. Even so, I'm having a great time concocting possible drink recipes in my head involving frangelico, amaretto, rum, butter schnapps, and loads of whipped cream. It would be fun to make a whipped shea butter body cream that smells like Hellcat, too. It might be a problem trying not to spoon the stuff into my mouth once it's made, though...

In the imp, and wet on my skin: OMFGALMONDS!!!

Dry: Smells exactly like Sugar Skull and Gluttony - that is to say, it smells like those nasty artificial cinnamon brooms they sell at the grocery store.

I'm not sure which component is reacting with my skin to produce that smell, but it's nasty, and it happens with nearly all of the 'buttery' blends. ::sigh:: Off to swap.

Wet: Buttery caramel with a HINT of rum.

Dry: caramelized sugar, hint of rum, a leetle buttercream... this wafts up and makes me drool. Incredible!!!!!

Edited by AlaskaSnows

This was the first scent I tried that I would describe as "Yummy". Because it is, it's a mixture between really good booze and a delectable dessert.

At first it smells a bit like a more boozy Dana O'Shee but as more notes come out, the smell gets richer and darker. It's creamy and sugary without going overboard.

I like this one a lot and certainly wouldn't mind a big bottle.

7.5/10

This was my frimp and sounds like one I'd be interested in so I was glad to get the chance to sample it.

In the bottle: Hazelnut and almond.

Wet: Strong almond, with a bit of buttercream.

Drydown: The rum comes forward to battle the still strong almond. The almond backs down and it becomes a spicy butter rum.

It mellows and turns lovely the longer I wear it--comforting, as many of the reviews say. This smells like it'd make a great room scent but it just doesn't seem like a me scent.

Would I buy it in a bottle?: My initial reaction was probably not unless it was to use as an air freshener, but it's growing on me.

Edited by Rock Geisha

Imp - ooooooooh, that smells good. I love all the notes in Hellcat, and they smell even better together!~

On skin, wet - Sweet and yummy.

On skin, drying - AH! DEAR GOD IT BURNS!!!!!!!!!!!! Red welts where the imp wand went, that did't go away for about six hours.

Hellcat is the first BPAL skin burning experience I've had. Guess it really does have a "wicked bite". I'm sad, though. Very sad. I loved the scent of this! Maybe I'll have to use it in a scent locket.

Hello butterscotch! That is good, I love butterscotch. There's 3 fragrances that are similar to me, but all lovely in their own way which is this one, Elegba, and Grog. They're like sisters.

This butterscotch sister is the medium of the 3. It's like a butterscotch candy, but of course slightly boozy and also an underlying of something spicy underneath it all. I love it.

This smells like those hot, buttered spiced almond vendors on the street in autumn and winter. Or at a fair.

Very delicious. :P

The honey mead and rum add a nice boozy kick to the spiced almond smell, too, as it continues to dry. I wrote this one off a little prematurely, I guess. I actually really like this one.

Edited by gingersnapp

In the bottle all I expect to get it the kind of buttercream in jack and gluttony, but it changes on my skin into a boozy sugar. the rum is really prominent, but it also kind of smells like linens.

think 1950's housewife, drunk on rum, hanging out the laundry.

This is going to be one of my most useless reviews.

Every note in this makes me violently ill. I can't even be near an unopened imp of it.

If you get sick from almond or rum scents, or don't like foody scents with things like buttercream in them, be like me and just put this aside if you get it, seal it up in an envelope and send it to someone who will appreciate it. :P One whiff of it and I was sick for the rest of the day. I'm sorry Hellcat, I love your name but you -- along with Jack and Grog -- are my nemesis. :D

In The Bottle Sweet caramel!! Very yummy, and a bit boozy. I love caramel.

Wet On Cherries?? That must be the almond, I think I've heard someone say almonds smelled like cherries to them, and that's what I'm getting from it, which is fine by me, as I loooovvee cherry.

Dry Sweet yet sort of powdery..I think it reminds me of brown sugar or something. I really don't know. I'll think I'll keep it for now, but I can tell it has the potential to go musty on my skin as some foody scents will. So the jury is still out on this one. It may be one I have to use in a scent pendant.

I call it sex in a bottle. Some people may have trouble with smelling edible. I am NOT one of those people. In the bottle, it smells almost entirely of almond, sweet and not remotely cherry-like, as some almond scents wind up being. There is a subtle hum of honey in the background, and a dark slur of rum around the edges.

First applied, the almond is still the topnote. It does everything but sing and dance to get your attention. However, the hazelnut and buttercream start to warm up, and I wind up smelling like biscotti. Pretty sure this isn't a bad thing. No one has tried to take a nibble yet, but no one is running away or anything either.

Several hours later, the almond seems to have mostly worn off. I'm not getting the hazelnut much anymore either. The buttercream is still there, sweet and warm, but not overpowering. The boozy notes of rum and mead are hanging around--I don't smell like a pirate or a medieval drunk, I don't think. Think whiskey cake--there's still that tinge of warm flavor from the whiskey, but the rest of it is sugar and cake. There's not a lot of throw to this scent at this point. It's close and sweet, a bit heady without being cloying.

This may require repeated slatherings. But I feel that an imp won't be enough. I'll see how I do with 5ml... :P

again, a blend I really want to love. However, the buttercream is way too strong, ending ins a "wicks n sticks" flashback for T and a fairly strong dislike for me. The initial mead is nice, but disappears very quickly.

First Impression: Almonds with a burnt sugar glaze.

Dries down to: The hazelnuts and rum are more obvious now. Then, shortly after, the almonds fade away and finally, it's all burnt sugar.

Additional Comments: I don't know if it's the sugar, hazelnuts, rum or the combination of them causing the burnt smell but I've had this happen before (Sugar Skull and Gluttony come to mind). Initially, it was hazelnut creme brulee but, just like the dessert, it disappeared too quickly. I also wish the sweet almond had lasted longer as that's one of my favorite notes. I'll try this as a room scent and, hopefully, the burnt part won't show up. I certainly can't wear it as it is.

Lasted: Overnight.

Rating: 1.5 out of 5

Foody and boozey blends are my friends, and Hellcat is yummy boozey goodness. It's creamy but not too much, there's a nice nutty bite to it, and the rum's good too!

Sugar Skull smells a bit like burnt sugar to me (like creme brulee), and I don't get any of that burnt smell in Hellcat. This one is much more smooth.

:P

Hellcat

It starts out as a warm and spicy blast of honey, cinnamon and perhaps bitter almond, and dries to an interesting spiciness that's warm and fruity with honey, nuts, booze, berries, citrus...

At first I was like, holy almondness!

Then this lovely blend mellowed with the help of the honey mead.

There's a similar note to lovelt Freak Show and perhaps that's why I am so drawn to this one. I'm going to need a big bottle...