BPAL Madness!
GoldenRubee

Liadain and Curithir

When thou art hidden fears throng into my heart:

I am as one who has found a treasure of gold

Whom the stars watch

And the winds threaten

And swords wait in the dark.

Or can the dream break, Curithir, into the cold dawn?

Do not even the angels tremble gazing on us?

For only within God's Dún such joy can live.

Come let us dream, love, that we sail to the west

And in enchanted islands are free of the sun

And the cold blind eyes of the years that pass unheeding sorrow.

O by the sweetness of love and joy like the piercing of spears

I have known the vain life that dies beaten back to the sod,

And the moan of all impotent things cries in my heart;

For that which can wither the budding trees can wither love.

O Curithir hast thou bidden the birds to sing of thee?

They have awoken me to the grey sweet skies

And the out-breathed light stealing over the stars.

There is no bird whose song is not of thy love

No laughter of sudden dawn winds whose joy thou art not –

O that the world could know thou lovest me, Curithir!

- Moireen Fox

An hour of love, all-too-fleeting, set against the tumble and crash of the somber seaside: honeysuckle, ivy, white moss, and salty spray.

When wet, this is so pretty-soft honeysuckle with really crisp greens, like I just broke a sprig of ivy right off the ground. The green was so sharp and had almost a sweetish sap smell to it. It was quite lovely mixed with the honeysuckle. Imagine being out in your garden early in the morning and picking a bouquet of honeysuckles and greenery for the table. You arrange them in the vase but before you wash up you notice an enticing fragrance-it's coming from you! Unfortunately, my skin ate this one right up and after an hour I couldn't smell anything. I really love this too. Is it worth carrying it around with me and reapplying? You betcha!

This is a soft, sweet, mossy aquatic - very pretty and definitely evocative of the poem. It smells like a wistful seaside garden. I love honeysuckle, but can't wear mossy aquatic smells at all.

Lovely for someone who enjoys this kind of scent, for sure.

Thank you, tkannon!

In the decant: Honeysuckle and plants. I don't really like the ocean note, but I never like it in the bottle.

On me, wet: The honeysuckle smells sweet and wistful and beautiful, and I am eternally a devotee of BPAL's moss note. The sea spray note kind of lends this gentle atmospheric quality to it. I really wasn't a fan of this when I tried it the first time right out of the mail, but with just a little bit of time it's become this perfectly blended sweetly floral mossy aquatic. I don't even like floral blends very much, but I am all over this.

On me, dry: Sweet and light, a very white scent to me. This really wasn't my favorite perfume to start with, but I just kept reaching for it and it's become a sleeper favorite. My mom wants a bottle, too! :lol:

OK!!!! I have finally found the BPAL stuff that I do not love!!!!!! Finally!!!!!!!! And it's this!!!!! It smells exactly like the Febreeze air freshener they put in the bathroom at work. It's yucky. To me at least. I am sure someone who appreciates that airy sweetness is out there, it's just anathema to me, worse than pumpkin. I was hoping for more salty.

I'm having a hard time describing how this smells other than beautiful and I like it a lot. The saltyness adds a little sharpness that rounds out the scent. It's a little sweet, a little floral, and a little green? I guess you could say, and then the salt just ties it all together. For all that I can't explain it very well, I keep grabbing for this decant. I think I may just need a bottle.

Sniff: Mossy & salty

Wet: Damp aquatic notes with a thick layer of sweet honeysuckle. It's clean and refreshing, without the cologne vibe that aquatic blends sometimes have. Hints of green and golden yellow flowers help balance it out.

Dry: Stays much the same - a salty breeze wafting over a field of honeysuckle blooms. Even though this is really pretty, I'm not a fan of aquatics in general. I probably wouldn't wear this, but would recommend it for those who like aquatic blends.

Oh god, this is this years Host of Air. Traces of honeysuckle, lots of green ivy and moss. It's slightly aquatic, very clean with just a hint of sweetness.

I can see this going to 'soap' on some people - and it veers into that territory for me, but GODDAMN does this smell nice.

This is really gorgeous. It smells like Spring. Flowers, a bit of fresh air, grass/green and it just sings. It also is amazing as a room scent. I had a spill and it landed on my hoodie, and that hoodie has made whatever room it's been in gorgeous!

In the bottle: Salty ozone, with a hint of moss.

Wet: The moss is much more apparent now.

The dry-down: Hints of honeysuckle and ivy come through. Alas, this is all-too-fleeting indeed, but a lovely skin scent whilst it tarries. A morpher, yes, much like loving.

Fresh and airy at first, and I'm definitely getting the salty spray. After a bit, the honeysuckle starts to amp, so it's mainly a fresh aquatic floral. This is 'OK', but I like other aquatics better, like Ded Moroz and The Golden Cloth. I'll certainly enjoy the imp when I want something a touch more florally.

I took a chance on this one, I'm not usually into aquatics, but this is so pretty. I really get the impression of being seaside on a cool day. The honeysuckle is sweet but the star of the show here, on me, is moss and salty spray. I like it for its atmosphere.

This one just doesn't work for me at all, probably thanks to the 'salty spray,' as I tend to have trouble wearing bpal's aquatic and ozone blends. It smells like intense, dry, heavy soapiness with an undertone of sweet, perfumey honeysuckle. I find it suffocating at first, but it does get a lot lighter and more subtle as it dries down. It reminds me of dryer sheets and floral scented febreeze.

When it's wet, this literally smells like bottled Irish Spring! The scent gets a bit less soapy and more of the honeysuckle notes come out to play after it starts to dry down. I admit I was hoping for a bit more in the way of aquatic or ocean-ish notes, as the "salty spray" is what really sold me on this scent. Still, as a green scent with a bit of floral notes, this is really pleasant and perfect for warm weather.

In the vial: Drop-dead gorgeous! Honeysuckle with greenery.

On me, wet: On me, the herbal notes of moss and ivy are strongest at first, but the honeysuckle quickly catches up, and I do pick up an undertone of saltwater. I'm in ecstasy - the beautiful strong florals that I always love, with the greenery and ocean spray adding an extra boost of lightness and freshness. I already know that this will be a favorite.

After 10 minutes: The greenery has developed a subtle zing of bitterness, which nicely offsets some of the sweetness of the honeysuckle; as does the saltwater. This is sheer perfection.

After 20 minutes: No change. I am strongly reminded of the original Love's Fresh Rain Eau de Toilette from the 1970's, with its turquoise blue color. I adored that scent. But I was always frustrated that it vanished almost immediately on my skin. This is so much better - the gorgeous fragrance sticks around. And it lacks that piercing whang of isopropyl alcohol which characterizes cheap cologne.

After 30 minutes: Same as above except that the throw has softened a little.

After 1 hour: Same as above. Its freshness makes this a lovely scent for hot weather, especially now that it has lightened up in strength.

After 4 hours: Although now quite soft and close to the skin, the same heavenly fragrance is still there.

My rating: 5+ stars

My ability to sense notes is not yet developed (and I forgot to do a time course of the way this scent wore on me), but I just had to post something on the amazingness of this scent.

On me, it's lasted about 12 hours. I put a few dabs from an imp on this morning at 7:30 and it's almost 7:30 at night and I can still smell it. On my skin, the scent is mostly honeysuckle I think, a mellow sort of floral (almost soapy, but a very clean and fresh soap, so not like I just went to the bathroom and washed my hands). I got a little bit of sharpness at the beginning, but it's really mellowed out to a rounded floral. I sometimes have problems with strong florals giving me headaches, but I didn't get that all.

Per-fect. Exactly what I expected too.

I can imagine myself sitting on the grass of a high cliff, looking out to the sea. A damp woodsy-floral with sea air. Sweet, sweet, heady and soft florals. Reminds me a lot of some potpourri I had ages ago, which I LOVED. Never found something that resembled it and finally, here it is! Doesn't stay too long on my skin... about an hour or two? However my skin amps the florals ever so slightly in this, which rarely happens and it works sooo well. So glad I could find a bottle of this! :wub3: