Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lucymoonstar

CCNow Questions & Problems

This may be a silly question but I'm not sure where else to ask...

I made a shipment on June 10th and I ordered through Paypal, and I got a confirmation from both paypal and bpal that my payment had been received. However, I just made a new one on July 12th and paypal said my payment was sent but I never got anything from BPAL. Should I be worried?

I agree with Ah Xia -- every now and then I don't get a confirmation from the Lab, just the Paypal confirmation. I've still gotten all my orders, though. :P

This may be a silly question but I'm not sure where else to ask...

I made a shipment on June 10th and I ordered through Paypal, and I got a confirmation from both paypal and bpal that my payment had been received. However, I just made a new one on July 12th and paypal said my payment was sent but I never got anything from BPAL. Should I be worried?

I don't think you need to worry. I sometimes don't get the BPAL confirmation, just the paypal one. If you got the paypal one, you should be go to go, but if you're really worried you can doublecheck with the lab that they got your order. But IMHO, you're fine! :P

Oh good! I'm prone to panicking about these things. But if you think it's fine then I'll just chill. Thanks!

I just realized I placed my order last week and paid via Paypal through the CCNow site on BPAL but I just read I was supposed to go directly through Paypal and use the BPAL addy to pay.

What should I do??

Go to the top of this page and read my post - I did the same thing. I emailed the lab and Sara answered and said that it would be fine and to do nothing at all. All was fine, but the reason for not doing Paypal on CC Now is also in the thread - their fees are too high on CC Now and the lab gets less of our money. Your order will go through just fine because I got my order yesterday which was the one that I did through CC Now. Now that I know the drill, I just go straight to Paypal and place it there.

I just realized I placed my order last week and paid via Paypal through the CCNow site on BPAL but I just read I was supposed to go directly through Paypal and use the BPAL addy to pay.

What should I do??

I mistakenly placed my 1st order on the 12th via CCNOW (before I read it should've gone through Paypal directly and when I track it on CCNOW's site, it says it shipped on the 14th.

I know this is not possible right?

CCnow sends you notification when your order is "harvested" from their system, not when the Lab sends it out. You will receive a CnS from USPS when they do ship out.

By the way, there is a thread specifically for this here: http://www.bpal.org/index.php?showtopic=6796

A mod will most likely move this post, but in the meantime you can go through that thread. It will answer your questions more thoroughly.

I'm also a newbie to BPAL and placed an order for their 6 sampler set (I'm trying to find a new every-day scent for me that is sandalwood-based but not too incensy or flowery) on 7/12. I've been reading through this thread and realize that the two emails I sent to BPAL's customer service were hasty (asked where my shipment was when CC Now said it got shipped on 7/14).

Luckily I just did a straight credit card. I'll be doing paypal from now on, though. Sounds like CC Now is a pain all around, both for the lab and for the consumer.

:P

Hmm, I have a quick question. I place an order late Wednesday night/early Thursday morning using Paypal. Usually I have a email verification from the Lab saying thanks, they got my order, it's in the queue. This time I have the Paypal receipt, but no email from the Lab. Should I email them and check to be sure they got my order? I don't want my F5/CD order to get missed in the hubbub.

Ah, good! It was my largest order to date and I don't want anything to go missing. I want the Lab to get it's money and me my smellies!

So...in the interest of not bugging the lab, do they consistently post the "orders packed and shipped up to xx/xx/2006" notices?

Not really. Your best bet would be to go to the 'BPAL Chatter' forum, and check the Click n Ship thread to find out where they are in the queue.

So ... this isn't August, and I haven't gotten a c'n's, but ccnow's reporting my 9/13 order as shipped 9/27. Couldn't possibly be right, could it? o.O

So ... this isn't August, and I haven't gotten a c'n's, but ccnow's reporting my 9/13 order as shipped 9/27. Couldn't possibly be right, could it? o.O

that's just CCNow's information - ignore it :P

that's just CCNow's information - ignore it :D

Oh, good, I was actually concerned that it would've been that fast. :D Thanks. My first order, if that wasn't completely obvious by the stupid question. :P

that's just CCNow's information - ignore it :D

Oh, good, I was actually concerned that it would've been that fast. :D Thanks. My first order, if that wasn't completely obvious by the stupid question. :P

Heh, I placed my first order on 9-7 and ccNow had something about a Sept 11 ship date- and I panicked because I hadn't received it yet (yesterday) so was it lost? Then I figured that was just their thing and it just meant the Lab had my order, and I still have to wait.

But don't worry- you're not the only one to have seen that ccNow thing and to have wondered about it. :D

I am curious - while I've bought several fragrances on EBay, I placed my first order direct to BPAL on 9/18, and have received nothing. No notification the order's in queue, no click-n-ship (though I'm having trouble figuring that forum out, or if there's some site I'm supposed to check), and _definitely_ no fragrances.

I did get an email from Sara on 9/19 after I asked a question about CCNow vs. paypal, saying "the order looks fine", but that's all.

Money cleared out of my account 9/21.

Sent email requesting update on Friday 10/13, have received no response as of yet.

Sent another one this am, not expecting response really.

I'm about ready to chalk this one up to experience and count it lost, except that y'all seem to get orders successfully and even quickly. Is there something I can do, or a way to get even a status update, from BPAL? Or should I just stick to EBay from now on?

Did you order through CCNow? The money would have been taken from your account when the lab retrieved the order from them. That is not to say that's when the Lab FILLED your order, just got it and put it in the queue. If you look at your status with CCNow and it says "Shipped" that just means the order went to the Lab. CCNow has no idea when the actual order ships from the Lab - this is confusing.

Not everyone gets a click n ship (email notification from the USPS which is generated by the Lab which tells you when the item was sent). Orders have been taking about 30 days, but if you had Pumpkin Queen in your order,there was a delay; it is just now shipping for people with late August order dates.

So - don't despair yet - it's only been 30 days, it's too early to worry, I think. :P

Edited by Taniwha

Did you order through CCNow? The money would have been taken from your account when the lab retrieved the order from them. That is not to say that's when the Lab FILLED your order, just got it and put it in the queue.

Not everyone gets a click n ship (email notification from the USPS which is generated by the Lab which tells you when the item was sent). Orders have been taking about 30 days, but if you had Pumpkin Queen in your order,there was a delay; it is just now shipping for people with late August order dates.

So - don't despair yet - it's only been 30 days, it's too early to worry, I think. :D

OOOOHHHHHH.

Yes, that was definitely part of my order. The one I was most looking forward to, in fact.

Is there someplace they post notifications on the forum for stuff like this? Now I'm feeling guilty because I sent them grumpy email. :P

Is there someplace they post notifications on the forum for stuff like this? Now I'm feeling guilty because I sent them grumpy email. :P

Yes, you can check the Announcements section of the BPAL Forum on the front page. Here's the one for the Pumpkin Queen.

http://www.bpal.org/index.php?s=&showt...st&p=607625

edited to fix link - I hope, lol.

Edited by Taniwha

ophymirage, I was just going to post to ask if you had Pumpkin Queen in your order...hopefully you'll get it soon now!

Just speaking as a customer, I'd say that if anyone is ever worried about not receiving an order don't ever chalk it up to being a lost cause -- it would be illegal for them to take your money and never send you anything! Stuff getting lost in the post is another matter of course, but from what people have reported here, the lab always works with people to either locate or replace genuinely lost packages.

Or if you're me, and just send them the wrong $$ amount because you can't do math at 4 a.m., they are very helpful and told me the balance that I owed! :P

< snip > but from what people have reported here, the lab always works with people to either locate or replace genuinely lost packages.

And this is kind of the other thing that's bothering me. no response to Friday's or today's email, as of yet, which makes me feel ungood about the customer service level, and less likely to order again. And yet, others seem to get very fast response..

*sigh* maybe they're just busy.. :P

There are actually some email servers that seem to block the lab's emails, maybe that could be a problem. Here's what it says on their fron page:

Thanks to some bottom-feeding, parasitic spammers, we are currently being blocked by AOL, Roadrunner (rr.com), projekt.com, elpasotel.net, and ptd.net, and there may be more out there that we’re unaware of.

If you are with any of these providers, we cannot respond to your emails. Please send any correspondence from a hotmail or gmail type account. We are working with these ISPs to rectify the issue.

Just a thought! :P Good luck!