Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lucymoonstar

CCNow Questions & Problems

when you email customer service, let them know what item(s) are you having issues adding, what browser you have, and what not -- it'll help them when they talk to ccnow.

uhm, or if you've got a paypal account, you could just use paypal.

Hmm, I use Firefox but have never had any problem with CCNow - apart from that really annoying ad.

I wish I had something more concrete for you, but unfortunately it sounds like Paypal would be better.

Oro

I've got an ordering problem of a slightly different sort. I'm trying to order a 10 ml of Dragon's Musk. When I click on "purchase 10 ml," however, it takes me to the CCNow shopping cart and it says "Dragon's Milk 10 ml." Obviously this must just be a minor glitch in the system; does anyone know who manages the BPAL website so I could get in touch with them directly? I'd like to place this order, but I hesitate to do so before this problem is corrected, because I don't want to wind up with a 10 ml of Dragon's Milk instead of Dragon's Musk.

I e-mailed the lab last week, but have received no response, and I don't want to bug them too much because I imagine they're really busy, with Beth being sick and all.

Honestly, I'd just do the order as is and add a comment in the notes section stating that you intended to order Musk and the cart won't let you.

You could try PMing Quantum Spice, if you'd like another option...I don't know if she'll be able to help you, but she does some webstuff for the Lab, so she might have another idea. :P

hi wanted to know if anyone else has had problums with getting order conformations from cc now ,as i had it happend twice to me. after buck moon , when i make an order, i dont get an e mail , i had to call them and have it re sent .has any one else had any problums .

hi wanted to know if anyone else has had problums  with getting order conformations  from  cc now ,as i  had it happend  twice to me. after buck moon , when i make  an order,  i  dont get an e mail , i  had to call them and have it re sent .has any one else had any problums .

I've never had this problem. I'd almost suspect it's something with your e-mail provider possibly blocking the e-mails as spam, or a mistyped e-mail address, but of course I can't know, not having been there. :P

Since they seem to have processed your orders each time, it might be irritating, but it doesn't sound like a really serious problem, although of course not knowing whether they actually have your order is worrying. I don't know what to suggest, since it's not something that has happened to me.

hi wanted to know if anyone else has had problums  with getting order conformations  from  cc now ,as i  had it happend  twice to me. after buck moon , when i make  an order,  i  dont get an e mail , i  had to call them and have it re sent .has any one else had any problums .

I've had this problem on a ratio of about one out of three ccnow orders.(Where the confirmation email just doesn't come. It could very likely be due to an anti virus program I use. It eats more than the viruses it supposedly prevents!). What I do to make certain I always recieve the information: I 'edit: select all(or highlight with mouse)' over the entire confirmation page at the end of making an order(the 'Thank You for Your Purchase! your CCNow order number is'...page). Then, I copy the whole ccnow confirmation page and paste it on to a fresh email message and send it to my own email address. This way I can always have the order number if I need to use it in the future to check up on the order itself.

Court

Edited by Court Analyst/Strategist

Due to a bank error, I have a new debit card number and 2 outstanding BPAL orders. I emailed the Lab twice, but have gotten no response. I know that there have been recent events that prevented regular email correspondence, but my emails were weeks prior.

Has anyone ever needed to change payment info before something is shipped?

Help!

How were you paying via debit? Is this through your Paypal account or CCNow? I assume CCNow, given the thread you posted in :P but I'm just not sure what you mean.

If you were talking about a credit card, I would think that previously authorized charges would still go through...

For my Harvest Moon order, I accidentally paid for my order through CCNow with paypal, instead of manually going over to paypal and paying the Lab directly. I know for some reason it is preferable to directly paypal the lab (and I normally do.)

Did this put my order at the end of the queue of Harvest Moon orders, or cause any kind of major delay? I am getting a little concerned...

Edited by aessedai

You should be ok; if you are concerned though, you can always email the Lab's Customer Service department. :P I just wanted to answer this part:

I know for some reason it is preferable to directly paypal the lab (and I normally do.)

I think that the reason is that when you pay Paypal through CCNow, BOTH services deduct fees. CCNow already deducts an obscene amount from each order, and then Paypal takes its bit too, so the Lab loses a lot of money on your order.

You should be ok; if you are concerned though, you can always email the Lab's Customer Service department. :P I just wanted to answer this part:

I know for some reason it is preferable to directly paypal the lab (and I normally do.)

I think that the reason is that when you pay Paypal through CCNow, BOTH services deduct fees. CCNow already deducts an obscene amount from each order, and then Paypal takes its bit too, so the Lab loses a lot of money on your order.

So, let me see if I get this right - for ordering you should do PayPal direct to the lab instead of cc now with a credit card? Does using cc now make your order slower? And if you should use PayPal, is there an option? how do you use paypal? Any info would be great...

CCNow doesn't make your order slower, it just takes a huge cut, so less of your dollars are actually going to the Lab. You still have the option of using CCNow directly, but the Lab specifically says on their site that if you want to pay by Paypal, do not use the CCNow cart. And, when you consider the fee aspect (which doesn't affect you, just the Lab), it's really just nicer to them to use Paypal!

Paypal is super easy to use...I was hesitant to start using Paypal at first, but now I really do prefer it and select it as my method of payment at every site I shop that accepts it.

All you need to do is go to paypal.com, set up an account, and add a credit card or bank account (this is a really easy process; they walk you through everything). Then, to order from the Lab, you just click "Send Money". That brings you to a form that lets you fill in the recipient's email addy (paypal [at] blackphoenixalchemylab [dot] com), the amount you are sending (cost of everything you want plus shipping...a lot of people use the CCNow shopping cart to add everything up, and then just copy/paste the amounts into Paypal), and a "note", which is where you tell the Lab what you are ordering.

I usually break the note portion down by bottle size (i.e. "2x10mLs: Snake Oil and Embalming Fluid(19.5x2=39), plus 1x5mL: Vinland(12.5) plus shipping (7---I'm Canadian, though, so your shipping will be different) equals 58.5") just so that I can be sure I'm not missing anything and that I am calculating correctly!

Then you click "send money", and it lets you choose the source of the $ you are sending from your Paypal balance (if you have any $ stored in Paypal already), or your CC. If you want to pay from your bank account, you have to transfer the $ to your Paypal balance in advance, but they walk you through that too, so it's very easy.

Hope that helps!

So, let me see if I get this right - for ordering you should do PayPal direct to the lab instead of cc now with a credit card? Does using cc now make your order slower? And if you should use PayPal, is there an option? how do you use paypal? Any info would be great...

FWIW, I made two separate orders in August on the same day--one using Paypal and one using CCNow. The Paypal order arrived a week and a half before the CCNow order.

Thanks guys for the help. From now on, I will be using Paypal instead of cc now just because I want the Lab to get the money!! Do you get a confirmation thru either of the two when things are shipped?

Thanks guys for the help. From now on, I will be using Paypal instead of cc now just because I want the Lab to get the money!! Do you get a confirmation thru either of the two when things are shipped?

I received CNS notifications for both orders, so there's no difference there, as far as I've experienced.

:P Yup, same notifications upon shipping.

ETA: Voleuse, that is quite interesting about your two orders. I've never heard of that happening before, but I guess most people just stick with one or the other! :D It could still have been a component or batch thing, though (i.e. the one that arrived first happened to be things that they had already made up, and they had to blend a new batch of something that was in the one that arrived second, or whatever), so it's hard to tell if the method of payment was the actual cause of the order of arrival, eh?

Then you click "send money", and it lets you choose the source of the $ you are sending from your Paypal balance (if you have any $ stored in Paypal already), or your CC. If you want to pay from your bank account, you have to transfer the $ to your Paypal balance in advance, but they walk you through that too, so it's very easy.

Hope that helps!

Maybe I've got my Paypal set up differently, but this happens simultaneously for me? I tell it the source of funds is my bank, and the transfer in is completely transparent to me. It shows up as two transactions in my history, the transfer in and then immediately back out, but I only did the one procedure. Hmmm.

Hmm. I could've sworn there was a delay on mine, but they probably either changed it since way back when when I last used it(I hardly ever use bank transfers), or maybe it's just different for international Paypal users. That's cool, though.

Maybe I've got my Paypal set up differently, but this happens simultaneously for me? I tell it the source of funds is my bank, and the transfer in is completely transparent to me. It shows up as two transactions in my history, the transfer in and then immediately back out, but I only did the one procedure. Hmmm.

That's normal. PayPal is actually doing two transactions. The first transaction is taking the money out of your bank account (or charging your credit card or whatever) to fund your account, then the second transaction is taking the funds from your account and sending it on to the recipient. For legal reasons they have to show both transactions.

The only time you will only see the one outgoing transaction is when you have a PayPal balance - then you'll see the "To" transaction as coming from your balance. But somewhere in your history, there's going to be a "From" transaction that will offset that "To".

There always has to be a zero sum. Your "From"s have to equal your "To"s plus any PayPal balance.

That's normal. PayPal is actually doing two transactions. The first transaction is taking the money out of your bank account (or charging your credit card or whatever) to fund your account, then the second transaction is taking the funds from your account and sending it on to the recipient. For legal reasons they have to show both transactions.

The only time you will only see the one outgoing transaction is when you have a PayPal balance - then you'll see the "To" transaction as coming from your balance. But somewhere in your history, there's going to be a "From" transaction that will offset that "To".

There always has to be a zero sum. Your "From"s have to equal your "To"s plus any PayPal balance.

That's what I thought, yet I frequently see folks talking about "pre-funding" their Paypal accounts before an update, so it's somewhat confusing.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this or not. But some of us are having issues ordering a few of the new Yule scents with CCnow.

Midwinter's Eve & Mistletoe aren't working correctly with CCnow, you aren't able to add them to your cart. They say

"ERROR

Product ID: YU0509 is not on file

Please use the Return link, and try again.

If this problem persists, contact the administrator of the Web site where you are shopping. "

"ERROR

Product ID: YU0508 is not on file

Please use the Return link, and try again.

If this problem persists, contact the administrator of the Web site where you are shopping. "

Just so you all know, hopefully it can be fixed so we can order them. :P

Being new to the forums I apoligize in advance if I've posted this in the wrong area ...

I ordered my first imps in Oct via CCNow instead of paypal because of not being able to update new bank info on paypal at the time. I didn't know at the time that CCNow didn't deduct the amount of your order when you placed it, but deducted it when the lab gets the order from them. (I'd already taken it out in my register so I wouldn't forget it)

Here's my delima. My order now shows the lab has gotten it to fill (say's Nov 8- shipped) but we were unaware that our paycheck for last week would be shorted, and I'd already paid my electric bill by that time..leaving my account in the red till Friday :P

Since it's in the red..that means the CCNow transaction more than likely will be kicked back and not paid...so here's my question, if that happens, does anyone know if I'll get some sort of notification from either CCNow or BPAL saying it happened? And if so, will I have to post another order and wait two more months to get it? =/

I do know one thing for certian..from now on when I order from the lab it'll be Paypal only so I know the money is out of my account and this can't happen agian!

Dear LadyDX~

You can email answers@blackphoenixalchemylab.com....

Sara will most likely respond to you within a day.....

She is very very helpful!!

Good Luck!!