Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

EHECATL
The Aztec God of the Winds. He is one of the faces of the Feathered Serpent, and in this aspect he gave life to the sun and the moon, revives the dead, and breathes love into the hearts all of men.

Hibiscus, matcha, white musk, and lime.

Lime is very strong & zesty right after application. As it dries, though the lime is still quite pronounced, the musk is definitely there and I get green floral as well. Dries down to lime and herbs on my skin.

The matcha and white musk make this very Shanghai/Embalming Fluid-like on my skin. The lime note is quite bitter, like the rind instead of fresh lime juice. If this were a little sweeter I think I would really like it but the bitterness doesn't really work for me. It *is* nicely refreshing, though!

Ehecatl - I agree with the previous reviewer who compared this to Embalming Fluid/Shanghai. It's definitely in the same category. I LOVE this scent. It's the first lime scent I've tried where the lime sticks around for more than half a second. The matcha is a nice touch -- green and grassy and smooth. And the hibiscus... such a pretty floral. The musk is very faint and pulls the other notes together beautifully. On my skin, this is a gentle, semi-sweet greenish fruity-floral. I love it. I was tempted to buy a bottle at the Bat's Day event, but I was so overwhelmed that I didn't buy any GCs. Now I wish I had...and I probably will. It would be absolutely perfect for summer wear.

In the imp: Fresh and citrusy.

Wet: The lime is quite strong at first, and veering alarmingly into air-freshener territory. Hopefully this will settle. The matcha is occasionally popping out from behind the lime to wave hello, but the hibiscus and white musk are keeping a low profile at this stage.

Dry: Dry, the air freshener hell has toned down, and the lime is more sugary. The florals are coming through, giving it a nice balance. It reminds me of standing in a slightly unkempt garden that has a big lemon tree and lots of unruly flowers poking through the weeds. The white musk and/or matcha is also giving it a very slight soapiness.

Verdict: I was hoping this would work for me where Enbalming Fluid failed, and to an extent it does. Not sure if I love it enough to need a bottle though.

In the bottle, I'm getting green tea and white musk. On my skin, I'm getting green tea, white musk and lime, not that appealing to me. ...Turns into lime froot loops on me. Huh.

Edited by Venneh

wet: this is lovely! it's a total memory flashback for me, to a very exciting and fun time in my life. very fresh lime and musk.

wet: this is a very bright green tea and musk scent with a zingy overlay of lime. this reminds me of my beloved pumpkin 3 from 2007 so i will be buying a bottle or two.

dry: this dries so refreshingly clean and pretty, it smells like clean laundry and fresh spring sunshine and happiness all rolled up together.

I wanted Embalming Fluid and Shanghai and those types to work so badly - but they never do because of the lemon. This one is the same type of scent, minus the lemon that I amp! green tea and white musk, bit of lime citrus - very very nice.

Whoa! This is awesome!

Wet: Goes on just like Milk Chocolate and Matcha Green Tea Ganache Truffle does on me, but without chocolate.

Dry: Soft Embalming Fluid and/or Shanghai, but without the dreaded lemon pledge. Love it!

Verdict: 5 out of 5 (Gorgeous!) This might potentially beat out Kumiho as my favorite citrus summer scent!

ETA: During an Ehecatl vs Kumiho deathmatch I discovered Ehecatl has incredibly strong lasting power which went all wrong on me (probably the white musk) and I couldn't wash it off, which dropped rating down to 3 and I gave it away.

Edited by rawgirl75

I'd been looking off and on for a lime scent that would work for me(most tend to fade way too quickly, being paired with other strong things), and will try any scent with a pre-Columbian inspiration, so I ignored the white musk death-note and ordered an imp when it first went live. The lime is strong enough and has enough lasting power to hold its own, but after maybe a minute the musk reared its ugly head and would not leave. :cry2:

That said, if white musk does work for you, this is probably quite lovely...it certainly smells nice in the vial.

In the bottle, this worried me for a second, as the lime smelled reminiscent of household cleaning products. On my skin, the lime softens (but it's still on the sharp, zesty side of things, and not sweet like key lime notes). The white musk amps up for a few minutes, and adds a creamy, slightly powdery edge to the lime zest. It reminds me of Thoos for a while, but with zesty lime instead of sweet tangerine.

After about 15 minutes, the white musk fades and the matcha takes over. This has the same lemony green tea smell that I get from the Milk Chocolate and Matcha Green Tea Ganache Truffle. It's sharper & cleaner smelling on me than blends like Embalming Fluid and Shanghai. The blend also starts to smell slightly soapy and harsh on me.

Ehecatl is very clean, citrussy, and zesty smelling. The citrus aspects might be a little too sharp/sour for me, though, and I don't like that it leans towards smelling soapy in the drydown.

Very light green and strong tea and hibiscus. Nice summer scent for those that love green tea! Something comes out as a slight pepper note when rubbed and a white sweet flower smell becomes stronger. Lime becomes stronger here and the green tea poof has passed. Not bad!

This is an intriguing blend. The four notes are blended so beautifully - the lime comes out strongest on my skin, but that's typical for my chemistry when citrus is involved, and in the imp, it's hard to choose any one note as predominant. I knew that this scent would be interesting when I read it, and I'd definitely recommend it for anyone whose skin doesn't amp citrus into blaring candy like mine does. I agree with the reviewers who call this a lovely summer fragrance!

Sugared lime juice with a little cool white musk. Neither terrible nor great. Subtle, fresh scent. Definitely a hot weather scent - it is refreshing. But still...doesn't move me. 2 stars out of 5 = meh.

Big hit of lime on wet, unfortunately it dries to a lime tinged powder. The white musk on me is slightly floral and powdery.

Boo. :(

Sniffed: Lime "adulterated" with other notes: flowers? musk?

On skin: Ehecatl begins with a blast of lime touched with matcha, but this tones down over time and the other notes begin to emerge. While this is predominantly a lime-and-green tea blend, the hot-floral hibiscus and slightly furry musk morph in and out, giving it body, substance and depth. It's extremely similar to Shanghai, but while Shanghai is straight-up tea, Ehecatl is like Shanghai with more body and complexity. It straddles the border between being a simple green blend, and being something a bit more interesting. Always it is cool, peaceful, gentle and slightly airy (although not enough to evoke the Serpent of Winds). Colour impression is a light translucent leaf-green, mixed with a drop of furry, opaque white.

Verdict: I like the green tea note, so this gets a thumbs-up. But my preferred green-tea blend is Holiday Moon, and Ehecatl, while interesting and full of character, just isn't interesting enough to top that. Close, and definitely lovely, but no cigar.

A little soap, a little hairspray... Ok that fades, but there are still a number of notes that haven't melded yet. Mostly what I get is the flowers and the lime. It is a definite wake-up scent.

Frimp from the lab! I guess it was to go with the Embalming Fluid I ordered. :lol: Very similar notes in here, but this is almost a single note lime on my skin with a hint of white musk, unlike EF where I got a mixture of lemon and green tea so they're different enough to where this doesn't offend me. Not really getting the matcha at all and the hibiscus MIGHT be in there somewhere. I think it's hiding under all the lime!

I find I actually really enjoy the lime note though! This would make a lovely spring/summer scent. Or something nice to apply when you want to feel clean. I guess I just associate lemon/lime scents with "clean".

Edit: Just wanted to say, I must have a bottle of this! I think I actually like this more than Embalming Fluid!

Edited by Ryokumuji

Ehecatl

On: Lots of lime and hibiscus, with the matcha and white musk hanging out in the background. I love it when I can pick out all of the notes in a blend...well, when I like all the notes in a blend.

Half an hour in: Sharp lime and powdery white musk with sweet hibiscus. The combination of the white musk and the citrus reminds me of Phobos, one of my favorite oils.

1.5 hours in: So lovely. Sweet, limey, and powdery musk.

2.5 hours in: I love this! Such a beautiful white musk and the lime is heavenly with it.

3.5 hours in: Mostly light and powdery, with a slight citrussy floral edge. Lovely.

5.5 hours in: This a bit of a soapy floral now, but the powedery white musk and lime are still there.

Overall: Wonderful. I'm definitely adding this to the list of bottles I need. It's a nice Phobos-like alternative.

Am I ever glad that the lab frimped me this one because it's awesome! In the imp, Ehecatl is sharp and exhilarating. It's very pure too. The lime pops right out of the imp. Very sour and in your face, while the tea follows along and makes it smell very clean. Wet, it's similar. The musk slowly comes out and although I can detect a faint floral note on my skin, I cannot tell that it's hibiscus. I will definitely enjoy my imp more once it's spring and may even consider buying a bottle of this someday.

Eee-I remember when this first came out I couldn't wait to try it!

Oooh yeah wow, I agree with the other reviews-in the imp this is mostly LIME!!!!!!!!!! with some white musk and florals.

Ok, on my skin I can definitely see comparisons to embalming fluid-sorta like embalming fluid without the aloe and with LIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is way way way lime-y, with a healthy dose of musk and just a pinch of florals. Maybe the tiniest dot of matcha.

Hmmm...something in this goes weird on my skin-some notes do this-they go chloriney on my skin. This is starting to do it pretty intensely.

Oof, yeah, this ended up just not working on me unfortunately-some note (I am not sure which) just went off on me. However, I can see it being a lovely blend on the right person. Very reminiscent of embalming fluid or maybe zephyr, bit with more lime and lots n lots of musk.

Vial: Primarily lime, with a bit of fresh white musk and a slight zing of hibiscus.

On: Still mostly lime. As it dries, the musk comes out to play more. I'm getting hibiscus only once in a while, and I can't detect the green loveliness that is matcha at all.

Later: Airy fresh scent, now equal parts lime and hibiscus with the tiniest hint of musk, but very, very faint. I kinda like it and imagine that I will use it a bit more as the days warm up, but right now, it's not special enough to warrant a bottle purchase.

Very citrussy at first. It kind of reminds me of Embalming Fluid, but without the tea. The musk seems to behaving itself so far on me, white musk tends to go funny on my skin. So this ends up being slightly citrussy musk with a touch of floral. I probably would have liked this blend better had the citrus been more discernable as lime, as I love that note, and if the musk didn't amp. I wish I got lime as the main note, it seems to be drowned out on me after it dries. :(

I finally got a bottle of Ehecatl after letting it sit on my wishlist for a year. It's lovely and I'm sorry I waited so long.

On my skin, it's cool tea and citrus, maybe a hint of musk and hibiscus. Very soothing for a hot day like today.

I wish I got more hibiscus, but I like this all the same. It's very much like Shanghai, but I like Ehecatl better, and would probably choose it over Kumiho and Embalming Fluid as well.

Wow this is fabulous!!!!!!!!

Limey, lil musky, love this.

Good refreshing summery. It's going on The List.

My only problem is I can't say the name...