Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
angelicruin

Doll's Eye Infused Honey

Doll's eye infused honey.

What does Doll's Eye plant smell like? I tried to Google it to find out but could mostly only find out about it's poisonous properties causing cardiac arrest and death and also it's pain relief uses in child birth and PMS symptoms. Small amounts of it are brewed as a tea to relieve pain symptoms.

On my skin, this is an herbal honey scent on me. I can definitely imagine this being tea.

Wet this seems like an herbal minty honey, which really isn't my thing, but it completely morphs as it dries down; the herbal quality thankfully fades pretty quickly and leaves a creamy vanilla-mint type scent in its place, and when that blends with the honey it reminds me of the honeyed version of after-dinner mints. I don't really go for minty scents during the summer so much, but I can definitely see it being a wintertime favorite.

This one was a good one on my skin. It smells like the name would suggest. It has a sweet girly quality.

I get creamy almost a plastic cherry/herbal scent. That with a touch of Honey. It's very different, but totally up my alley.

Herbal honey, which I got off of the half of the bottle that I spilled everywhere while decanting (DAMNIT), both in the bottle and on my skin. Eh.

In the vial and while wet, it smells very herbal and I really cannot smell any honey. As it starts to dry, I can smell the honey. This smells like sweet mint herbal tea with honey sweetner.

Oh yes- this actually smells like the Herbal Honey Riccola cough drops, very medicinal.

Not to bad, glad I did not get a bottle thou.

Wet this reminded me of marigold flowers with a little mint thrown in. That sharp herbally smell....Its such a unique & different smell. After it dries a bit, the marigold scent takes a step back and the honey comes out! I love the labs honey scents. In fact, of all the bees, this is the only one that I can acutally smell the honey in once its dry. I quite like it =)

total score- 3.8 / 5

Very herbal, with the faintest spiciness to me that reminds me of geranium stems. Very little sweetness at all while in the bottle/wet.

On the dry down, I get more minty scent with a touch of bitter-woody, but still not very honey-like to me.

Doll's Eye reminds me a lot of an imp of Severin that I picked up a bit ago, which is to say it's got that faintly citrus-but-not-really packaged handwipe (like you get at restaurants with messy meals) scent to it.

This blend, however, also has a hint of menthol that catches me in the back of my throat like an aftertaste to the sniff I just took.

It's interesting, but not a wearable for me.

Doll's Eye Infused Honey - Bitter herbal honey with a hint of mint. Another reviewer mentiond marigolds, which is dead-on -- that's exactly what the bitter part of it smells like...stinky marigolds. It's a very unique scent, but that marigold-like scent combined with the mint make it unwearable for me.

on me, Dolls Eye goes on sweet minty herbal honey, and dries down to a very subtle sweet honey

Doll's Eye Honey = pillowmints on my skin. It's like the softest of mint notes all wrapped up in an extra dose of sugary sweetness. It's definitely minty, but much sweeter on me than any of the Lick It blends have been. As it dries down, I get something like a splash of citrus tea underneath the super-sweet mint. I might also smell the hint of something like marigold that other reviewers have mentioned, but I might be imagining that.

I find this to be very refreshing, sweet, and summery.

I have to agree with other reviewers here. Doll's Eye infused Honey is minty, creamy, sweet and very medicinal. It's kind of a unique smell, one that has me thinking do I love it or hate it. I think the honey is clover honey, because I can smell clover in the background. It's not one of my favorite smells, so I am thankful it's not too powerful.

I like this one. :) Like previous reviewers have said, it's a minty, slightly herbal, honey. Very nice for summer.

It actually reminds me of a honey version of Anesthesia.

This is a somewhat bland, water spice, with bland watery honey. Not really me, and fades fast.

So far the honey note in all these 'Infused Honey' blends has been really nice.. not powdery, not too sweet, fresh and clean. This one is no exception - the honey's definitely the star of the show here though, where in some of the others it's more subtle.

There's a herbal mintiness in here that I'm not really enjoying.. overall, nothing in this blend really grabs me - it's just not my kind of thing and the notes aren't really working nicely as a combination.

I'm the odd one out, I didn't get much minty or herbal, I got citrus. And usually the lab's citrus notes go soapy on me but the doll's eye stayed a nice citrusy lemon. It reminded me a bit of Mead Moon, which unfortunately didn't work on me. In spite of the nice lemony note, this didn't wholly love me either. Some of the other scents in this line were a much better match.

This was a really strange one for me. Like many of the other reviews, when I first put it on it smelled medicinal. It reminded me (unpleasantly) of some smell from the dentist's office, like one of the pastes or goos they use for god knows what. After about 15 minutes I kept smelling something amazing. I was testing other oils along with this one, so kept sniffing my test spots & still couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Evenutally I figured out it must be Doll's Eye Honey. So I washed everything off & reapplied, and sure enough that's what it was. On second application my skin seemed to find it's sweet spot with it or something, because I didn't get that nasty dentist-goo smell. I got something very similar to Lush's Honey, I Washed the Kids soap! I don't know if it's just the honey being super amazing & my skin devouring the dentist-goo or what, but I love it & need eleventy bottles.

This is the only of the killer bee honey scents where I actually got honey. I'm a huge honey fan but they just aren't working for me.

This one is a floral honey. I guess as my nose has matured i know which florals I like - rose, violet, lilac -- and if i don't know it, i don't care of it. So this was pretty generic floral to me, with some sweet mellowness of honey mixed in.

I didn't get anything herbal or medicinal. and I WISH I got Lush's honey, which i adore.

On one hand, i'm disappointed, but on the other, there are plenty of other bottles that I need right now. I'm not even going to bother to keep this imp.

In the bottle: Slightly minty herbal with a hint of smooth honey. Reminds me of some sort of mint cookie...

Yummy herbal honey that lasts! Unlike most reviewers, I get no mint out of this. My skin must be eating it. This would go great with LUSH Honey Hugs or their HIWTK scent. I'll be buying a bottle very soon!

Edited by proserpine

I don't know what doll's eye smells like. What I get is a lovely honey with a sweet fruity overtone.

In the Decant: smells like the zoo, and mint

Wet on Skin: like chewing minty gum while walking through the large cat building at the zoo

While Drying: like closing your nose and breathing through your mouth in the cat enclosure

After a Little While: The cat smell is gone, and now it is an odd floral-mint smell. Well, the cat smell is almost gone. There is still a hint of it at the base.

Later: a faint, syrupy floral with a hint of rose - not my style; fast fade; lingering scent is nice

Final Thoughts: It just occurred to me that I had a similar nasty animal experience with Lick It Til It's Sticky. I wonder if the same kind of mint is being used in this blend?

Doll's Eye Infused Honey earns a 1.5/5 on my skin.

This is a really strange one for me. When first applied, it seems to have a almost musky quality that kinda triggers my asthma, followed closely by a sharpness in the back of my thoat.

After about an hour and a half, the asthma part goes away, and I'm left with a soft honey scent. It fades really fast after this, and after just three hours it is almost gone.

Glad I got to try this, but not something I would wear.

In the bottle – A bitter green, almost tea like scent

Wet on me – Still a bitter green scent with an almost toilety backdrop and a grassy waft

Dry on me – A deep incensy honey that retains a touch of green

Overall – Once the bitterness has gone it’s a deep, almost masculine scent