Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shriekingviolet

Dragon's Milk

A truly fae nectar! Dragon’s blood resin and honeyed vanilla.

In the bottle - A bit sharp, the dragon's blood, I imagine, very noticeable honey notes.

On Wet - Feels warm, heavy, honey and milk and sugar. The dragon's blood is a little aggressive at first, but I <3 dragon's blood, and it loves me, and it quickly takes backseat to the lovely honey vanilla that really pushes this one forward.

Dry - Honey and Vanilla, Honey and Vanilla, and lingering in the background the sharpness of the dragon's blood. This makes me feel somewhat lickable, which is not a bad thing.

Long wear, wish it had more throw, but I wish that for lots of things, I have a scent locket coming so that should help.

A favorite,maybe my most fave at the moment, had to buy a bottle.

In bottle: Mostly dragon’s blood, sweetened with honey and softened with a touch of vanilla. Wet: A touch more balanced on the skin though the hierarchy remains the same. It’s pretty and well suited to its concept. Dry: The vanilla comes out on the dry down, gradually over taking the resin.

I am completely in love with this!

In the imp it smells like warm vanilla and resins (dragons blood?). It's very strong and comforting. There is also something sharp here. I think it must be the honey.

On my skin it doesn't change much. Some reviews are saying it turns into powder but on me the vanilla goes stronger. I tend to amp vanilla. I also think I am picking up some amber here but I'm not sure. The resin smell is taking a back seat but it still stands. It keeps this from being too sweet. This is wonderful.

4 hours into this and it is all around me. My skin is working so well with this. It's strong with amazing throw. Oh I am buying this for sure. It is so rare to find a scent that sticks around on my skin and this one just doesn't stick around, it melts into my skin and becomes part of my skin. Even while I cooked dinner I could smell this everywhere.

This is so amazing.

This scent is delectable...YUM!

Right out of the imp this is sweet, really sweet. I smell dragon's blood dripping with honey.

Dragon's blood tends to amp up on my skin, in a good way, and this is no exception.

As it dries, the spiciness of the dragon's blood comes out along with the sweetness of honey. The scent takes some time to morph but eventually vanilla makes its appearance. It tempers the dragon's blood nicely and smells creamy. Absolutely in love with this scent.

5 stars! The upside (or downside, depending on perspective) is that I've added this to the enormous list of 5ml bottles I want to buy. :joy:

This is a side of Dragon's Blood I haven't smelled much of before. The DBR in Blood Amber is more cool and floral, but the stuff here is warmer, more resinous and powdery, and a bit spicy. Dragon's Milk smells, to me, like red licorice and heliotrope, with a bit of a spicy-resinous undertone. It's just on the edge of too sweet, but never quite goes overboard - I think the powdery quality actually helps by keeping the honey from going too syrupy.

I thought about purchasing a sample of this, but I got lucky enough to receive this with a recent order.

I've smelled dragon's blood before - as well as various combinations thereof - but this by far and away the best blend I've combination I've come across. The blend of dragon's blood, honey, vanilla is very warm and inviting - with a slight spiciness that's very cinnamon-like.

I might just purchase a full-size vial in the near future. :)

In the imp: Dragons Blood, like a lovely juicy floral, like gardenia.

On skin: Dragons Blood, but much warmer, this must be the "honeyed vanilla" coming to the front. So very nice. :wub2:

Wow, I really enjoy this scent! This doesn't morph too much on my skin, unlike others I have tried (which end up becoming like 5 scents in one. Not necessarily bad, but sometimes frustrating when you like hour 2 of the scent but not hour 3 thru 5). This reminds me of Dragons Blood mixed with sweetened condensed milk, but in a gloriously wonderful, I would eat my arm if I could, but I'm not a zombie sort of way. :yum:

In short, if you like Dragons Blood, or sweet florals, or just plain sweeter scents, this one is for you!

I have a 10ml bottle from a friend (!!) so clearly it's quite aged!

It's resinous and smoky and sweet in the bottle, in a way that's unfortunately reminiscent of really rich, complex... cough syrup.

On wet, it stays cough syrup...

... but over drydown, it morphs into something resinous and heated and creamy and sweet. I can't pull out vanilla as a note, but it's rich and firey and creamy, and an absolutely perfect scent for the name. I really like it, and look forward to returning to it come winter. :-)

First Sniff: Resin, I think.

Initial Wet Application: A light type of flower, maybe lily. It's very feminine. I think there's also vanilla in this but its very light and flowery instead of just straight up vanilla.

Beginning Dry Down (first 15 minutes) & Dry: As it started to dry down, it became more of a creamy vanilla which is nice. I think the dragon's blood resin is giving this a teeny hint of cinnamon which is rounding out the vanilla nicely. The vanilla also seems to have a bit of honey which makes it very warm and comforting. At one point, the vanilla in this went to a sort of plasticy, fake candle scent, but it was minimal and goes back to the regular sweet vanilla later.

My Reaction: The way this turns into a warm vanilla which is comforting and just absolutely lovely makes me really like it, particularly since it didn't turn to soap or to heady flowers on me. This is definitely a keeper!

Rating: 3

Total fan of this one :D the Dragons Blood resin is more evident at first and then gets carried by sweet aged vanilla. All notes play off each other perfectly and at dry down it's a softer version of what you get out of the bottle....bliss.

I will be repeating this for order for sure...in my top 10 list.

Candyish dragon’s blood, slightly sharp. A little softer on skin. On the drydown, oh man, this reminds me so much of O. That makes sense, I think that one is amber, honey, and vanilla, so very similar notes. I will have to deathmatch these two.

I have always read that this scent is better with age. I found a few well aged imps in my stash and decided to give the scent a whirl today. I was note so sure at first if I was going to like this one. I am not a huge fan of dragon's blood. It all depends on if it is a stand out note or not. This did start out with a smack in the face of dragon's blood, but as it dried down I fell in love with the vanilla scent. I think a bottle purchase is in my future for this one :wub2:. I love the warm fuzzy vanilla this turns into after a while. Yummy!! This is a beautiful scent ;)

This was in my very first lab order so I have a sentimental attachment to it. I pulled it out today on a whim and, damn, this stuff is so good. The vanilla is rich, but not overpowering, and the dragon's blood is strong and a touch fruity but not sickly sweet. It is just so yummy.

I kind of feel like this should be in everyone's first order so they can start it aging right away, because it just gets better and better.

I got an imp of this back in 2008 or 2009 - hated it (weird, artificial banana smell), didn't review it, tucked it away and forgot about it. So it's about 4 or 5 years old at this point... thick, viscous, and deep red.

It's amazing now - heady and wonderful, warm and comforting, perfect on a chilly day. :thud: My skin tends to amp honey, but this doesn't come out of balance; its sweetness is tempered by the slight smokiness in the vanilla and the spiciness of the dragon's blood. While it's drying, I get a few whiffs that smell eggy, like a top-notch creme brulee, but aside from that brief period it's not a foody scent to me at all. If I had a partner who smelled like this I'd be alllllll over them. :yum:

Closest comparisons I'd draw in both aroma and mood are other strongly honey scents (though I both amp and love honey, so ymmv) - Mead Moon, Hetairae, O.

Definitely bottle-worthy... but now I'm worried that a fresh bottle won't be quite so mouthwateringly sexy for a few years. :lol:

Edited by Andyl

Oh, this is nice. It's predominately vanilla and honey embraced by warm spices and it doesn't morph much. It smells like a rich dessert, like a small spice cake with thick vanilla cream and warm honey poured over it. :yum:

Vanilla sometimes becomes plastic on me, but it's behaving very well in this blend.

The longer this is on, the more it smells like O minus the powdery amber.

I really like this blend, it's wonderful. :wub2:

[EDIT]

Ok, I usually don't slather when I review, I just place a dab or two on my wrist, but after I finished my review I went and slathered and it smells even more like O than I thought. It's really awesome because I adore O but the amber can get super powdery on me. If you're like me and have been longing for O without amber, you have to give this a try. It might be exactly what you're looking for. :D

Edited by tharsei-thanate

I got this as an imp. It's smelled strongly of Dragon's Blood to me but the smokey incense of it was tapered and rougher edges softened by the creamy scent of vanilla.

Out of the bottle:

Smells strong to me like incense, which is great if that is what you are looking for.

Wet on my skin:

Smells almost the same as out of the bottle but quickly the vanilla and honey smell come to the surface. I like it more now...

After a few hours:

The dry down is my favorite part. The dragon's blood is just lurking there in the background not present enough to scare anyone away and the vanilla says "Hey..how YOU doin'" and it's *just* sweet enough for me.

Definitely a keeper. Now I'm trying this on in the dead of winter so I'm not sure how this will fair as a spring or summer scent. We shall see!

Dragon's Milk reminds me of root beer flavored hard candies, with a hint of milkiness.

Smells amazing aged. Bought a couple bottles and wore it as my outdoor music fest scents for years!

Edited by icecreamcone

In the imp: Soap and honey, and somehow a little musty.

On skin, wet: Pretty much the same.

On skin, dry: Soap and O, basically. Which is pretty much what I expected from my past experiences with dragon's blood. ^^;

After an hour: Still soap and O. But...

Several hours later: The soap went away! Now it's kind of slightly spicy O. I am shocked! That said... is it worth the hours of SOAP? Probably not. I will let it age for a few months, though, and see if that mitigates the soap stage.

Goes on bubblegum sweet, cherry-sour and dries down Snake Oil spicy vanilla, clear and pure Dragon's Blood--slightly floral, candy cherry hard candy, wet and mouthwatering. Perfect batch.

Edit to say Eureka!: This smells exactly the first couple seconds of a red fruit candy chew, when it's the most tart and juicy and mouthwatering.

Edited by cinderfallen

Unfortunately, on me this just smells like the pink liquid hand soap that seems to come default in public park bathrooms, but sweet. I'll have to see how it ages.

At first, it was very heady, musky, and sweet. It was off-putting. Ladon went so horribly cough-syrup-y on my skin that I had to wash it off. It must be the cherry (or something like it) in the dragon's blood. I thought if anything could make me like dragon's blood, it would be the addition of vanilla.

I am definitely getting a cherry-almond vanilla vibe from this scent now. The vanilla does make dragon's blood better for me, but I still dislike the cherry aspect. It dries down to a vanilla with a hint of cherry.

I don't need a bottle of this, as there are several vanilla scents that I prefer to this one, and I am not particularly fond of that cherry note. However, I will keep the frimp and test it some time in the future after it has had time to age. (I know the vanilla in Tombstone becomes more prominent when it ages.)

Wet, this is all super sweet/pleasantly tart Wild Cherry Lifesavers mixed with a purple floral(lilacs or lavender ? I have heard the floral part described as lilac ) as soon as it dries just a tiny bit, I smell the same 89%sweet/ 11% sour honey from O blending in. After a while, there's my pretty vanilla too. Once it's settled, the tartness goes away for the most part, and it's a very bright fruit/vanilla up close, but if I catch a waft while walking around I get campfire smoke. Call me bewitched, bedazzled and bewildered. I will end up with a 5 ml of this beauty sometime soon!

I got this as a frimp and was really excited to try it but...

In the bottle: fake, plastic-y cherry

Wet on skin: cough syrup quality fake cherry

Dry on skin: Super strong fake cherry/plastic

After 3 hours: finally dries down to this wonderful sweet spicy vanilla blend that definitely has a milky feel to it. It smells beyond amazing but has barely any throw.

Whyyy can't it start off at the 3 hour mark! The final smell is AMAZING but I don't know if it's worth spending three hours blasting cough-syrup from my skin :(

I will keep the imp and see if it ages to a softer scent.

I :evol: this blend! I also love how it is referred to as fae nectar. It is so fitting and creates an awesome vision in my head!

I adore dragon's blood, vanilla, and honey as notes in perfume so this is a big winner for me. The dragon's blood can definitely be detected in this blend. To me it has an incense type of scent. Not a dry incense, but a sweet resinous one. The dragon's blood is sweetened with the almost medicinal sweetness of the honey and the tasty sweetness of vanilla. These all combine beautifully to create a truly unique experience. :wub2:

I've been meaning to try Dragon's Milk for years and luckily enough, Puddin included an imp of it in my latest Trading Post order!

For some reason, the dragon's blood in this reads as heady rose. I'm picky about my florals but this isn't bad. I love vanilla but surprisingly this element is what I don't like the blend overall. It turns plasticky on me. Luckily, it has a very light throw so I only get whiffs of it and it's tolerable...but I'll stick with the imp for now!