Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
violetblue

The Last Squished Jellybean

Ooh, fun! I really thought this was going to be fruity when I saw it (hadn't read reviews). It was at once cinnimon and absinthe. It dries out almost clovey but with more of a feel of carnation with a touch of vetiver-not too sweet. A playful yet really wearable candy frag-not too kiddo, if you know what I mean!

In bottle: Surprisingly spicy. I’m guessing a cinnamon jelly bean. It also rather reminds me of cinnamon tooth polish at the dentist. Wet; The effect is warmer on the skin. The anise comes out It still tastes vaguely clinical, but less annoyingly so. Dry: goes a touch marshmallowy, though the cinnamon remains strongly dominant.

yes, this little black jellybean was squished, all right - right up against a cinnamon one!

I was lucky enough to get this from my BFF, who always gives me her black jellybeans too ;) I love it... licorice and cinnamon, not a lot of throw, but at the skin, it's a lovely scent - makes my mouth water...

After the initial blast of black licorice, this winds up reminding me a little of Tom's of Maine fennel toothpaste (in a good way)! The licorice softens and acquires sweeter, more floral overtones over time -- not too much time, though, as this is definitely not a long-wear scent on me. It's interesting while it lasts, though!

This really is the last jellybean that you find when you turn your pillowcase inside out, and it's stuck to the corner. It started out on me to be all anise, and as someone that doesn't like the way anise tastes, it wasn't so bad. Then there was cinnamon. It blended into a nice anise and cinnamon mix, that I love. Someone could smell it on my 9 hours later.

Mmm.

Anise-y at first, very black-jellybean-ish, crusted with sweet sugar, and as it dries, a sugary cinnamon. The anise burns off quick. It's like the lingering flavor, more of a red jellybean that you thought was cherry, but were surprised to find, was not.

I love LSJ! I am not a foodie at all either. It's soft black anise sweetened with dab of liquid sugar, and warmed by a touch of non burny cinnamon. I smell delicious, but in a non edible way, which is why this foody works on me. ;)

This one has anise. I can see how people get licorice out of it, but on me this one is anise/anisette to the nth degree, with a healthy dollop of sugar.

Yowza.

When I got my hands on this imp (from a very generous forumite!), it was a little leaky and stained due to a post office mishap. I don't know if that caused it to change or not, or if my sniffer is just messed up. As it is, it smelled BIZARRE wet!

On the wand and wet on the skin...get ready for it...it smelled just like PICKLES. That spicy kind of salty brine smell. It was so strange. I haven't read about anything else like that, so I'm gonna assume that my nose is just weird.

As it dried, though, it changed to more what I was expecting. It smells like what Jelly Belly bags in my family smell like before I get them. I'm the only one to like the black ones, so when I get my hands on bags, they usually have a whiff of all the assorted jellybeans that have been eaten--along with the very strong scent of all the black ones that my family wouldn't touch! :P

All in all, it was a little fruity, a little cinnamon-y, and a lot black licorice-y. Fun for a sometimes-snack!

I will admit, I am scared to try this. All the talk of licorice in the other reviews has put me off.

In the imp: Hot cinnamon sweets!

Wet: UGH! Licorice!

Dry: Cinnamon gum. Yum!

A while later: Hot cinnamon jelly bean. Delicious! Phew!

It's a black jellybean stuck to the bottom of the basket. Minty licorice and cellophane grass. And a little bit like cloved ham with orange juice and brown sugar glaze.

Well duh, or course the last jelly bean left is a black one, I didn't even think of that until I got a whiff of this. Initially it smells fennel like, however upon settling into the skin, it seems much closer to anise, it's richer and deeper and not quite as green as fennel. However, it is quite light, which is what made me think of fennel initially. There's a definite sugar note, a sweet musky scent. With time, cinnamon spice comes out. It has that light fruity scent there too that you get from sweet glucose filled jelly beans, maybe even a touch of pear. But mostly it's a sweet and spicy, yet subdued and soft, anise. Quite comforting, and slightly cool smelling.

In Imp: Anise! Smells like a squished black licorice jellybean, exactly, even with the little gooey sugar crystals inside.

Wet: Stays true on the skin. This is a pretty straight up, uncomplicated blend. Black jellybean ahoy! Not offensive, but nor my favorite. I'm not a huge fan of black jellybeans, even though I like the anise sharpness.

Dry: No morphing that I can find. The anise tickles my nose a little. Nice enough, but not for me. 2/5

This is such a fun, always-morphing scent on me! It started off minty, then turned to anise, then cinnamon, then cherry, with occasional whiffs of a sugary note that smells like the coating on jelly beans. If this came in 5ml, I'd love a bottle. :yum:

The Last Squished Jellybean

On: Wow. This smells like a hot cinnamon jellybean, possibly with a bit of licorice.

1.5 hours in: Dry, hot cinnamon.

7.5 hours in: A soft, powdery cinnamon.

Overall: Cinnamon (and most other "hot"notes) aren't really my thing.

Received this ages ago, never tried it!

Imp: Sweet Ceylon cinnamon, a smell I've learned to recognize thanks to my obsession with single-source spices, and licorice root and anise and something else, green and herbal and hard to place, maybe even wormwood? I think I'm recognizing a common note with Dian's Bud. Minty but not, y'know, actually super-minty. Much less sweet and much more complex than I was expecting.

Wet: Mmm, Ceylon cinnamon smells just like Big Red gum-- dustier and fruitier and less woody than other cinnamons. I love it! Definitely some licorice in the background but no wormwood now. Just sugary, sugary cinnamon-licorice with a sweet anise throw. Yum! :smilenod:

Dry: Sweet cinnamon and licorice, but not overwhelmingly candy-ish. This actually reminds me of Three Witches a bit in its foody-but-not-unwearable approach to a theme. This baby is staying with me for sure!

Edited by WidgetAlley

Cinnamon hearts to the max. On me, it starts to turn into black jellybeans. But that jolt of cinnamon hearts still remains. It's definitely a fun one!

Cinnamon and licorice at first. Then dries to a Big Red chewing gum smell. Biting cinnamon.

So, I got this as a frimp.....hard to tell what it smells like in the imp because another traveling imp leaked and got all over this, but still able to read the label to see it is this scent!

On... I get a little cinnamon, but it isn't overpowering. I don't get licorice/anise like others are detecting. Smells just like a handful of stale jelly beans. Like the kind leftover from Easter that no one ate! :)

I like this!! I am a foody fan so this fits to me. Not as sweet as you think it would be either. Very fun!