Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Sexy and suckable: black cherry brandy.

I was a little nervous after reading will-call reviews that this might go cough syrup on me. Not so!

Suck It smells like exactly what it should, black cherry brandy. However, the booziness doesn't take over too much. Instead, it keeps things from smelling too much like candied fruit. I really love it!

Suck It is sweet dark cherry cordial brandy in the bottle, but the cherry fades quickly on the dry down leaving it... nice but difficult for me to put a finger on. However not OMG cherry or overly boozy.

In the bottle:

A slight sweet cherry cough medicine

Wet: Ludens Wild Cherry Cough Drops, for a little while whatever was in Zombie Apocalypse which I did not like reared its head but then it vanished.

Dry: It reminds my of Zombie Apocalypse only no where near as sweet and sugary and missing whatever note in Zombie made me ill. The longer it dries the more it starts to smell like high quality red licorice to me. It doesn't have the plasticy smell of Twizzlers, it's more like Panda Cherry Licorice chews.

in the bottle gah! nyquil! i've read loads of reviews over the years comparing cherry blends to cough syrup and sometimes i could almost smell it, if i used my imagination, but this is straight up cherry nyquil and no mistake!

wet on skin lovely on the skin, it becomes a tart, boozy cherry, very syrupy and sour

dry on skin it goes maybe a bit <em>too</em> sour on the drydown, but it's still a very nice cherry, very different from other BPAL cherry blends. i'm also getting a little bit of plastic, but i'm doing some hormonal fluctuations right now and that's sometimes a plasticizer with my chemistry

bottle: this is cherry candy, there is no boozy scent to my nose.

wet: very strong, very sweet cherry hard candies. or lollipops. take your pick.

dry: this become much nicer as it dries, it's less bright red cherry and more cherry cordial.

It's sweet, boozy cherries with a hint of something sinister. It eventually settles down into a more mellow, medicinal cherry scent. I preferred the wet phase. May be best in my locket. It ended up being something familiar that I couldn't identify until I saw Ravenfeathers post... cherry Nyquil. Yep... uh,huh

I'm gonna keep trying becasue I NEED Suck It and Bite Me to work because I LOVE the names.

Inside the bottle, cherry soda.

Wet on my skin, cherries, but no brandy.

On drydown, I get a little bit of brandy, but this is mostly all cherries on my skin.

Looking forward to layering it with Bite Me. :twisted:

Oh WOW! This is delicious!

In the bottle: sweet cherry candy! Like cherry syrup (NOT cough syrup).

On me: Whoo! There's the booze! Hi booze, I missed you! If you really like booze scents this ones for you! The cherry smell dies down on me though after it dries.

In the bottle: * sniffs, then looks at bottle with raised eyebrow* if it were dark and I was handed this bottle (and, you know, didn't know it was a BPAL bottle by the shape & size), I'd just assume it was cough syrup. Yowza!

Wet on arm: The booze does come out to play here, and it's very cherry indeed! It's surprisingly light, considering how strong it is in the bottle, and only seconds after applying, it's mellowed.

On the drydown: It's sweet cherries soaked in brandy. Kids, don't wear Suck It and drive. If you get pulled over wearing this, you're going to have some 'splainin' to do.

Later in the day: The booze disappears and I get dark sweet cherry, without the kick of booze.

Edited by AnArtfuldodger

Wet, this is cherry-flavored cough syrup. Very strong and sweet.

As soon as it hit my skin, the cherry toned way down, and it became this incredibly beautiful sweet, musky vanilla- type scent. Not especially cherry, and not alcoholic to my nose, but sweet and creamy.

I don't know what my skin did to this one, but I LOVE it!

ETA: Coin's image of plush blood red velvet is the perfect description.

Edited by Gale

Mmmmm I am sooo happy that this is not by any means cough syrupy, and trust me, I am very familiar with the smell of cough syrup.

Upon opening the bottle, this smells exactly like a juicy cherry Starbrust with an undertone of red zinger tea.

Once on my skin, the juicy candy cherry scent dies down, and the red zinger tea-like smell dominates, then much later it eventually becomes a vaguely creamy vanilla fruity tea like scent. It is a very lusciously delicious scent and very appropriate for Halloween! It makes my mouth water, and evokes the image and feeling of plush blood red velvet. :wub2:

Edited by Coin

This is wonderful. In the imp it smells like cherry brandy. On the skin from wet to the drydown...I smell cherry liquor. Wonderful concept but I think I will keep this one to imp status and keep it for the novelty.

This one is not working for me. I sort of thought it was either going to be wonderful or awful on me....unfortunately, this isn't wonderful.

I did smell the cherry brandy...at first.

Then all the cherries packed up their things and left. What I have left on my skin might possibly be an alcoholic...cleaning solution? Maybe?

Ah well. More for everyone else, I suppose.

In the imp it's cherry cough syrup through and through.

Wet it's now more like a cherry gummy candy. As it dries though, it's changing into a lighter, nicer scent. And now it's going, going, GONE!

What the hell?? Less than an hour later there is absolutely no hint of this scent at all! I couldn't even find the application spot on my hand.

Suck It.....smelled so good in the bottle, like cherry lollipops.

On my skin, the cherry is subtle. I dont get any of the booze fortunately, but now it smells like dollar store candy. I am not sure how I feel about this, it may need to sit in my makeshift BPAL box for awhile before I try it again. The label is great though!

Suck It is a nice soft cherry, almost like red licorice. Somewhere in the background I can smell the booze, but its still wearable. Its sweet and could be quite sexy, or could also be worn on a very young girl. My only problem is that my skin seems to eat it within such a short time. Otherwise, I like it.

Eh, I'm not sure about this one. I'll have to try it again before I decide.

In the bottle: a delicious, rich, dark cherry cordial. So good it almost makes my mouth water!

On my skin: initially, this is my perfect cherry fragrance. Dark and sweet, with a hint of tart liquor in the background to keep it from becoming too cloying. Unfortunately, as it dries it turns sour. I can't smell the cherry anymore, and I'm not fond of smelling like stale booze. :eek:

I wonder if this would work in a perfume locket?

No cherry-cough syrup scent, which is nice. This is slightly sweet, slightly boozy, not too much of either.

Unfortunately: No throw, and no lasting power.

In imp: A mix of cherry cough syrup and maraschino cherry juice.

On skin: More maraschino, still some cough syrup.

After awhile, this fades into a scent that reminds me of an old Avon lip gloss I had years ago, which isn't to say it's terrible, just not pleasant for me. My skin does NOT wear booze well.

Suck It - I was super excited about this scent, and it turns out it's every bit as wonderful as I hoped. It's sweet, sugary, maraschino cherries and booze. Mmmm! Also, it really does layer gorgeously well with Lick It. Sadly, it lasts on my skin for 5 minutes. Literally. After 5 minutes on my skin, there's not a trace left. I've tried it several times, and no matter how much I slather, it disappears instantly. There's nothing in the scent that grounds it to my skin. However, it's just too yummilicious (especially layered with Lick It) not to wear in a scent locket or use it in my burner. I'm glad I got a bottle and I'm keeping it!

Sour cherry hard candy with the juicy middle. My mouth waters on every sniff. Not as long lasting or as much throw as I'd like, but delicious none the less. Might need a second bottle.

I was hoping that Suck It would be a dark and rich scent, but it's quite the opposite. Sniffing the bottle I get cherry cough syrup - it's slightly medicinal (but not boozey) and has a light candy-ish cherry note.

On my skin there is no strong cherry and no boozey note ever appears. But one thing is very clear to me about how this smells to my nose. Fruit Punch Kool-Aid. Period, dot the end. I even made some to compare because I was so convinced that was what I was smelling lol. It's just a dead ringer on me - the fruit is strong but has a "thin" quality to it, making it more candy-ish and sugary, like in Kool-Aid. Which is fun, but not the dark and sexy scent I was expecting or hoping for.

The wear time on this is not so short that it disappears in a few minutes, but after 20 minutes it is certainly close to the skin and with a lot less throw. It's also quite a bit more mellow at that point, making it less fruity and just kind of a faded sugary, slightly fruity scent with a tad bit of a musky quality (without smelling like musk if that makes sense).

I think it's nice enough and fun but not what I imagine to be sexy and it's (in my opinion) more of a summery frou frou fruit punch scent.

I expected this to be like a cherry devils night or something...which i would have loved...as it is i do love this, and am so intrigued by it....but totally in a different way.

To start, yes, i do get the ludens cherry cough drop reference, but how could you not with anything cherry - cherry is just so distinct. I might also add that ludens are the coughdrops that aren't medicincal, just soothing, so this isn't the nyquil part someone mentioned....SO yes, this is a nice innocent introduction for me...fond memories of one too many ludens just because they tasted good, flannel nighties, being sick in bed but being pampered by mom with a hot bubble bath while she washed my sheets and set me up with 7-up (a rare treat), toast, magazines and kleenex and ludens and whatever ugghy cough medicine i'd get later.

Next up, i do detect the booze, but wouldn't call it boozy, i think it just walks with the cherry for a while....lays its coat over a puddle for her, and takes off, bad boy that he really is (the booze I mean!) - so it changes from ludens to something a bit more gravely....it is ludens with a splash of brandy indeed...and then it starts building and the tiny fire lit by the brandy initially ignites....that's where i think some get the medicinal/nyquil reference, it's ever so mild, and i actually think it is the booze component doing it, but it almost smells like just a hint of anise or absinthe (i prefer to think hahaha) that is a bit licorice-y...it's part of what turns this into a bad boy...it's so subtle though that you just wonder about it...i don't find it a turnoff and i am not a fan of any medicinal, anise, etc. type of scents at all....

And then i get these wonderful wafts the next few hours, the ones where you barely smell something absolutely delicious and then get to take a nice big sniff...and realize it's Suck It......mmmmm.....I love me some Suck it.....take me Suck it, i'm yours...purrrrrrr.....

Yep, i luuurrvveee the Suck It...it's way more than I thought it would be :lovestruck:

ETA: it does fade forever after a couple hours, not a trace left. Forest at the old black broom lab once told me when that happens, rub a bit of oil onto your skin first where you are going to put the scent so your skin is really full of moisture, then apply...i'm going to see if that helps, if not, travel imps!

Edited by kmasden