Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Eerie billows of spun sugar, fluttering white cotton, and sheets of cream.

Whichever reviewer upthread who said this is the marshmallow-vanilla from TKO without the lavender is spot on, at least on my skin. A real winner for me!

I'm not getting Midway from this one, so much as I'm getting the creamy, vanilla-like scent of Beaver'versary. As some other reviewers noted, it also reminds me of the marshmallow-vanilla of TKO, without the lavender. Yum! If you like scents that border on the foody, you'll really love this one!

Oh Boo, I think I'm in love with you! You're everything I've wanted in other vanillas, and better than Antique Lace, Love's Philosophy, and Detestable Putrescence. The linen note in this gives it just the right amount of something extra to keep it from being single note vanilla bean, but doesn't make it smell like laundry. If any of my Weenie scents are going to need back up bottles, this is it. Love it! :joy:

My new favorite!! Wow, this smells sooooo good! Sugary sweet cream, a touch of cotton candy and a breath of cotton. The dry down is straight up vanilla cream. AMAZING. I have a feeling I may have to purchase, oh, about 95,000 bottles of this. Yep. :eek:

I usually don't care for sugary scents or cotton/linen scents, but I love Boo. The cotton note is soft and clean, the sugar isn't toothache-sweet, and the cream keeps everything together nicely. Its sweet, but I don't find it to be foody at all, and its one of my favourite new Weenies this year. :ghost:

Edited by TheIceMaiden

I totally get the comparisons to Midway. Midway is one of my favorites, and this has a similar cotton candy/salt water taffy scent to it, though not as strong. Up close, it smells almost spicy, and I don't smell the spun sugar, but the waft is pure deliciousness. The linen keeps it from being too sweet and also keeps it bright. I love it! I might even grab a second bottle of this one.

(edited to add, I don't get the same vanilla sweetness as Antique Lace, which never quite works on me and ends up dusty-funky. This doesn't do that, so don't be scared if that's your experience with AL too.) :)

Edited by empi girl

Boo - I love love love love love love LOVE this scent. Until I put it on my skin. Before it touches my skin, it's all cotton-candy, sweet-cream sweet, and it's such a pretty, sugar-sweet girly scent. As soon as it touches my skin, the cotton candy turns to sugary plastic and the cream note turns sour and starts to smell like the milk in the original Milk Moon. I keep catching wafts of sugar-sweet sour milk, and when I sniff my arm up close, I smell sugary-plastic. Soooo sad! BUT! I have a solution: my oil burner. I've been using it a lot over the past couple of weeks, and I'm going to definitely put it to use with this oil to make my entire house smell wonderful. It's also definitely a scent-locket scent. This is one scent that's so lovely that even though my skin kills it, it's worth figuring out other ways to keep it in my life.

Boo 2010 - This smells the exact same as the last Boo, but my skin chemistry must have changed because it no longer turns plasticky on me. It's just sugar-sweet cotton candy and slightly sour milk, which is actually a note I love.

Edited by Edens Sixth Day

in the bottle: Sweet cotton candy goodness!

wet: Sugary. Almost vanilla-y.

dry: Just when you think it may be too sweet or candy-like the "clean" note comes in and tames it. Lovely scent. I can't stop sniffing my wrists. I love this one. Definitely getting a bottle.

Damn. This smells great in the vial-- clean cotton and fluffy marshmallow-- but the moment it hits my skin, I get vanilla play-doh.

Foody fail, yet again. Damn my skin chemistry!

Boo is definitely the winner of the 'weenies for me.

I agree with another poster that the smell did not morph on me from wet to dry. I am getting creamy marshmallow scented vanilla. After about 4+ hours it turns a tinge sour, as cream is wont to do on my skin, but overall the sourness is difficult to detect. i think I need a bottle of this, this may be the only 'weenie bottle I get!

This scent is really just...perfect! It is everything I've ever wanted in a scent like this. I see a lot of people drawing parallels to marshmellow, cotton candy, etc., but to me, this is just exactly a light, sweet cream scent. I have never had much luck with cream scents before, and often the sugar scents don't work well (either too light or too heavy, usually) - but this manages to work for me! Not only does it work, it's *beautiful*. It's got throw enough that I can smell it a bit around myself as I go through my day today, but it's light enough that it's not cloying or sickening. It's just really lovely, and even though I'm not usually someone who gets backup bottles (I can't afford all the BPAL I want to try, let alone multiple bottles!)...I might want to this time. If it holds up on my skin over time, I bet I'll be wearing this one a lot.

I thought the idea of a white, sugary but soft scent was appealing so I had to try this! The first thing I detect is buttercream - sugary sweet and rich. Almost immediately though, a note of "linen" appears (which makes me think a bit of the Dormouse for some reason, even though the scents almost nothing alike). It's very soft and low key and the sugary sweetness becomes much more subtle once it dries. It's definitely a white scent and soft and mellow with a hint of sweetness. Pretty and a more accessible "foody" style scent, though not necessarily for me.

When I first applied Boo, it smelled like pure caramel on me. So I guess that's technically burnt sugar, right? Very sweet and pleasant but not so much my thing for wearing. But now, an hour or later, it smells just like the description..light sugar with a soft, sweet cream and a hint of fresh sheets in the background. I like it much better dry than wet! If it stays like this and doesn't fade too quickly I could definitely see buying a bottle.

Boo was the Halloweenie that I was most excited about, and it does not disappoint at all. In the bottle, it sort of smells like cheesecake and buttercream frosting. It's cool, creamy, sweet, and slightly buttery.

On my skin, it reminds me of Midway's soft cotton candy swirled into a cheesecake, and it doesn't smell buttery at all. The cool, creamy, slightly clean smelling vanilla just conjures up an image of a slice of vanilla bean cheesecake for me. There's nothing too sweet about this scent; it has the perfect amount of sweetness.

My only complaint is that this doesn't have much throw on me, but it does last a good while and it's one that I wouldn't mind reapplying.

Boo is easily one of my favorite bpal scents. It's a wonderful, creamy, cool vanilla with little touches of cotton candy and clean linen. A vanilla that's clean, smooth and not too sweet. :wub2:

Yummyyy! :ghost: :ghost: :ghost:

Boo is fluffy and marshmallow goodness. It's not too sweet like some others I've had a problem with (Sticky Pillowcase). The cottony coolness grounds the buttercream sweetness that happens on my skin. The other night I wore it, my Boy wore it, and one of my friends, too. We were like a cloud of cute ghosties eating deserts. I love Boo!

This makes me think of the gooey marshmallow topping you can get in some ice cream shops - sweet and goopy and freakin' delicious. On me, it's a pretty even mix of the spun sugar (which comes across like marshmallows), cotton, and cream. I adore how they mix - the cotton note makes it feel clean and non-foody. It's like lounging on some freshly washed white sheets while surrounded by a bunch of white marshmallows - not that I've done such a thing! :)

Pondering a bottle of this one. It's tasty and seems like it would layer with one of my many "fruit" scents really well.

Boo-

In Bottle: That cotton candy note - not marshmallow, but pink cotton candy. (BPAL marshmallow smells like Play-Doh to me.) A bit sugary.

Wet: Pink cotton candy.

Dry: Vanilla cream soda with a continued hint of pink. Sugary and sweet and very appealing.

Overall: A great cotton candy scent.

In the imp: Milk Moon + cotton candy :ghost:

Wet: This goes on strong with a big, milky note (very similar to Milk Moon) and then promptly dries down to something very similar to Midway. It's like...Midway with cream. There's a bit of a plastic note in the background, I dunno what that's about. Weird. It sort of smells like baby doll heads.

Dry: Pretty much unchanged, this is still milk with cotton candy. The plastic note is still present on my skin and I'm not smelling any cotton/linen notes.

Overall: This one is really fun, sweet and going to be HUGE with foody fans. I'm not sure if this warrants a whole bottle for me. I will cherish my decant though :)

EDIT: Ok, I've been wearing this for a little while now out of all the "foody" Halloweenie scents I've tested today, this one is still hanging in there...going strong. I keep getting random wafts of it as I'm sitting here typing and I really like the way its settled into my skin. I just might have to get a bottle afterall. :)

Edited by Monster

boo.jpg

I'm not sure what my verdict is on this one.

Fresh on, this is like spun cotton candy and marshmallows. About 2 hours in, its a vanilla sugar with a very discernable "cream" that reminds me more of the lab's milk notes than their cream notes (I like the milk notes, so that's fine). The problem is that the sugar goes just a little bit towards a synthetic/burning...but only a little bit. The late drydown of this is very akin to antique lace--that lightly sweetened vanilla linen.

I wouldn't mind keeping my imp, but I'm not sure this is a bottle for me. I like it, but that tinge of weirdness the sugar does for a while means its not "perfect" on my skin chem...

Edited by jewelbug

Boo

In the Vial: That delicious sugary comparison folks are making w/ Midway!

Wet: Yes! Awesome marshmallow and sugar. Wait wait, what's happening? Butter is kicking in. Hmph.

Drydown: Popcorn. All. Buttery. Pop. Corn. Where did the sugar love go? Where are the clean sheets?

Verdict: Glad I got a tester, definitely won't be needing a bottle. Sigh.

If someone had asked me what fluff smelled like, I'd have told them that it depends what the fluff is made of. But that was before I tried Boo. Now, I know that fluff itself has a scent, and this is it. Essence of fluff.

The dry-down does, indeed, go more towards a sweet popcorn scent, like it's starting to morph into Midway.

Very interesting, but I'll have to wear it more before I decide if I need more than the partial I have.

I don't get the marshmallow vibe that some others are getting. On me, this is very like the older Milk Moon (not the fruity one) or Chaste moon. I get the lovely BPAL milk scent that I really like, plus sugar! It's like sweet milk, and then the dryness of the linen comes in which stops it from being overly sweet or cloying. Also, sometimes the milk scents go a bit sour on me, but this doesn't at all. It stays sweet, but not too sweet, and creamy.

A winner! But I do have several milk scents and so I'll have to decide if I need another one. I may try for a partial bottle.

This, to me, is not at all a 'white' or a 'fluffy' scent. With the comparisons to marshmallows et al. I was expecting a sweetier, foodier Antique Lace of sorts (which, to my nose, is definitely a white/creamy scent).

The first thing that sprang to mind when I sniffed the bottle was 'CARAMEL'. Sticky, gooey toffee caramel. A (personally) light brown scent, it's sort of what I wanted Grog to be. I suspect it's the spun sugar that I'm smelling though.

As it begins to dry, however, I'm starting to detect a herbal sort of note- not unlike the sassafras in Tombstone (another vanilla scent which, incidentally, my skin did not take to). Said note got stronger and stronger by the minute and, not before long, I was wafting in a scented cloud of herbs and medicine with absolutely no vanilla or linen to speak off. Boo, indeed.

Despite my skin chemistry's horrendous performance, I'm very tempted to keep Boo- if only for its beauty when bottled. Having said that, I do think I'll pass it on to one of many people who will no doubt be able to wear it and carry it off wonderfully.

I agree with Cuervo-- this is pretty much Chaste Moon 2.0. A light cream with a little bit of the roundness of marshmallow. Not too caramelly that I can't wear it, but still quite foody. I like it but suspect my husband will like it more.