Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sierona

March Hare

A twisted teatime tart: apricot and sweet clove.

Finally!! :wub2: @ Usagi

Imp: Sweet apricot and spicy sweet clove! Very light throw in the vial.

Wet: Sweet, thick, waxy, condensed apricot. Not fresh, fruity and juicy like peach. Just.. sweet apricot (like dried apricots that are very condensed in their flavor). And a lovely clove.

Dry: Sweet and spicy. The more it dries, the more the clove gets through. Smells almost like.. black tea with apricot flavor. Has only medium throw but a long staying power i.e. I can still smell the soapy and sweet apricot-clove mix on my wrist after 12+ hours. Lovely scent but nothing I see myself wearing on a regular basis as I don't have that much oil and I need to bathe in something in order to smell scented right. ;)

After much searching, I managed to track down an imp of this and I couldn't be more excited to try it!

Wet: Sweet, juicy apricot mixed with equal part spicy clove. Wow. This is awesome!

Dry down: The clove and apricot continue to do their lovely duet. Beautiful.

Dry: The clove starts to overpower the apricot, but in the best possible way. This is a really special blend.

Verdict: The throw on this wasn't overpowering, which is good as I hate scents with huge throws. It lasted a fairly long time on my skin (it's been almost 5 hours since putting it on and I can still smell the clove and just a hint of sweet apricot). This is pretty spectacular, and I'm going to need to find a bottle stat.

In the Imp (ITI): Luscious, ripe apricots...real apricot smell. Yum! There is a little spice here, but I don't get clove completely - more like cinnamon.

Wet: Ah, here is the apricot, warm, freshly baked, soft from the heat and surrounded by clove and a dash of nutmeg.

Dry: Lovely clove with warm apricot tart. Ugh, of course I would love this and then find it has been discontinued.

Imp: Syrupy, sweet peach! This is sweeter and deeper than other blends with peach/apricot notes that I have - possibly partly due to age.

On: The peach blooms and then starts to slide into apricot territory - a bit "drier" for lack of a better word. Clove pokes its head out but isn't sharp or dominant at all - more like clove oil than dry cloves. I would call this a "skin" scent - it's soft and round and unobtrusive, as if you just naturally smell fabulous. Lovely. I think this will only continue to age amazingly, too.

Average throw and lasting power on me.

Imp: Syrupy, sweet peach! This is sweeter and deeper than other blends with peach/apricot notes that I have - possibly partly due to age.

On: The peach blooms and then starts to slide into apricot territory - a bit "drier" for lack of a better word. Clove pokes its head out but isn't sharp or dominant at all - more like clove oil than dry cloves. I would call this a "skin" scent - it's soft and round and unobtrusive, as if you just naturally smell fabulous. Lovely. I think this will only continue to age amazingly, too.

Average throw and lasting power on me.

I have to confess: I was trying to get ahold of White Rabbit, and got a little confused. :blush:

I smell of apricots.

It's a fairly authentic smell of apricots, but I'm not sure apricots are something I want to smell like!  

March Hare does exactly what it says on the box. If I liked smelling like fruits, I'd be set. It's a fine scent that doesn't do horrible things on me, but it's really not to my taste.

Which I guess at least means I was right when I looked at the description and decided it didn't need to go on my shortlist? While the touch of clove adds warmth and depth, it's still first and foremost a fruity scent, and first-and-foremost-fruity scents weren't what I was aiming for.  Things could be worse, but this is one for swaps.

The sweet, apricotty scent of vindication. Or something. ^_^

I received this from the lovely HJackson when she destashed. :wub2:

This is brilliant. In the imp, it's straight-up apricot marmalade. On my skin, the clove comes out, lending a lot of spice to the apricot. It gets a bit "drier", but it manages to stay fruity and spicy without veering into craft store candle territory. I'm honored that I finally got to try this, and I will cherish this imp and pray for a resurrection, even if only temporary.

I was lucky enough to get a testable amount of March Hare not too long ago, and all I can think when I smell it--in the imp or dry--is that it smells just like one of Disney's Alice in Wonderland teas. My favorite one, the Mad Tea Party blend, which is described as "Indian black teas, ginger peach and apricot flavors (But no mustard - Don't let's be silly!)". I'm in love with it, and would love to get my hands on more. It's fruity without being too sweet.

A huge thank you to Arcy for sending me this imp!

March Hare is, simply put, delicious. First applied it's a burst of sweet, juicy apricots and then the clove and emerges and the apricots get warm and syrupy and it all turns into spiced apricot marmalade. Once it's fully dry I swear I can smell a bit of crust in here, too, like the marmalade is spread thickly over a dainty, buttery tart. I really love this. I have problems with some fruits turning into hard candy but this doesn't do that and I'm so pleased! I will cherish this imp forever. :wub2:

I adore apricot. I adore clove. I tried to pretend for a long time that I didn't want this, but I knew I was lying to myself - so I snagged it when I had the chance!

Wet: OMG, as advertised, juicy sweet apricot preserves and gorgeous sweet clove. SO YUMMY. I am not a huge tart person, but I want to eat this tart. It's just utterly glorious. I think there's hidden hints of bakery vanilla in here too.

Dry: I think there's maybe a hint of custard hiding in this tart? But either way, it's outrageously awesome. I don't care much for most gourmands anymore, but apricot is an exception. I adore this and will cherish it.

Very jammy apricot and a spicy clove. I love this one a ton. It smells like the tastiest pie filling before it's been put in pastry and baked. I'm not typically a fan of baked good scents, but the filling of those baked goods? I'm a big ol' fan. The clove keeps it from going too sweet on me. It's a real shame this is discontinued, but I'll at least enjoy the imp I have.

It may be age, but on me the clove in March Hare is very subtle.  I get lots of sweet apricot preserves and just a hint of clove.  This is a skin scent on me (which is normal with my skin chemistry) and has average wear length.  I am delighted I got to try this, but since I prefer Depraved or Grand Guignol for my apricot fix, I will pass it on.  

I FINALLY got a hold of this imp to try. It's been on my radar for a long time because Apricot + Clove sound amazing for me. Both notes work beautifully almost every time. So Excited.

Sniff: Fruity and dark.

Skin: Flippin' beautiful. Warm spiced apricot. I just want to drown in this scent.

Dry: This stays, for me, in a warm spiced apricot realm of perfection. It is a close-to-skin scent for me - but I imagine age could have an impact on that. But it's warm and bubbly. Spiced and delicious. As described.

I'm so sad this is discontinued. But it's going to be on my watchlist now if I ever see it up for grabs. Love love love. For me, I like this better than other Apricot scents I've tried because it's not Apricot dom on me. It's perfectly balanced between fruit and clove. Smells almost like simmering cinnamon apples to me. It does make me want to try simmering apricots and clove and seeing what happens lol. Adore.

Love it. So thankful I got to try this ❤️

I believe my imp is from 2006-ish.

Lightly sweetened, yummy apricots and black tea with cream...maybe some pastries wafting in the background.

Did the clove turn into black tea? I dunno, I don't remember clove being very prominent back when the imp was fresh, but that was too long ago.

It's so yummy either way. The sadness, I knew I shoulda bought a bottle when I had the chance! Maybe it will come back someday.

I tested this before reading notes and just want to say, I wouldnt have known it was Apricot beforehand.  I thought I was smelling red raspberry! @doomsday_disco sent me some to try. 

This is a good late summer scent to my nose, and now that I know I am sniffing apricot, it was the tang of the apricot that I was mistaking for red raspberry (specifically red, not black. We grew both growing up and they are quite distinct from one another in scent and flavor). I am not getting the kernel from the apricot at all, just ripe, tart luscious fruit. Yum! 

The clove smells warm, and for me makes the apricot smell like something heated and cooked on the stove. My mother does, in fact, serve apricots cooked for late Sunday breakfasts. If you have not tried them as a breakfast delicacy, they are quite complimentary to the hardier, salty carb laden brunch foods. Anyhow, thats how I perceive the clove in this blend. Something cooked and satisfying with the tart apricots. 

This is a simple blend according to the notes, but on my skin smells so much more complex. Its actually broadened my horizons here as Apricot was a note I previously skipped feeling that like peach, would be a note I enjoyed but wouldnt reach for. I can see myself reaching for this and find it innocuous for a fruit heavy blend, and something I could wear in all atmospheres. 

The scent cools on skin as it cools down and at this stage It smells less like brunch and more like a delicate garden party, or tea time, treat. 

Three  hours later: The clove seems to continue to recede and the apricot becomes less warm and more fresh and fuzzy. 

Lovely! Not sure I need to track down. bottle, but will e joy this decant immensely and will revisit when I empty it. :) 

Edited by Missanneshirleyofgg