Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
grrrlennyl

All Night Long

As if the name didn’t spell it out for you. This blend relieves all sexual inhibitions by simultaneously relaxing and arousing.

In the bottle, I smell musk, honey and cloves. Not amber, HONEY. How strange. On me wet? Pepper, cloves and cinnamon, honey and I think jasmine with a hint of vanilla as well. Drying, it stays spicy and rather heady going right into peppery as it dries and smoothes out. After it's had time to warm up, this blend is floral and peppery with something green and damp in it as well. While I liked the initial spicy notes, after it dries, the blend becomes dull and fades rapidly on my skin.

I can't yet report on the voodooness of this oil, so here's what it smelled like to me... spices, cinnamon, something sweet, something nutty. It's dry and foody. There is also a tiny bit of wood in here.

cute roommie review- it's better than most.

ETA: Later he said that he really liked it.

Edited by brownbear

I smell cinnamon and something nutty. No, not crazy, NUTTY. Like roasted hazelnuts. This is, most certainly, a very sexual blend. In fact, if I may be so bold, my wrist is turning me on a little bit.

After a few minutes, the cinnamon becomes more subtle and burnt out than as originally spicy as it was. The nuttiness is still there; this scent maintains and hasn't morphed on me, thank goodness. I love it. I expect a 5 ml in my next order. Woohoo!

In bottle:cinnamon and almonds

wet on skin: Cinnamon, toasted almond and sandalwood

drydown: almond very quickly became almost inperceptable, cinnamon still strong, sandalwood stronger, maybe a very faint touch of pachouli?

This smells FABULOUS but burns a touch. It definately makes me think on the amourous side of things, so at least for me this one is true to its name. I usually try on new scents right before showering so I'm not stuck with somthing that makes me sick, but I'm definately trying this one out again to see how it does in the long term.

Lets see what The Boy thinks... he's stuffed up, but doesn't hate it and thinks it smells "subtle, but in a good way". The cinnamon is almost gone already but it's still pretty nice, as long as it doesn't play-doh out on me I think this one will be declared a keeper.

Provisional score: 4to5/5 as long as it doesn't do the play-doh thang

Edited by sterlingspider

All Night Long is predominantly red sandalwood, perhaps a touch of rosewood, maybe an even smaller pinch of myrrh, and the tiniest dash of cinnamon. It’s a warm, sexy scent, but not one I would wear regularly. We were both sick and really tired when I put it on last night to test, so needless to say, it had no affect on us, but I think I might try it sometime and see if it does have an amorous affect when we’re not both sick and tired.

Cinnamon and cloves all the way for me. In the imp, wet and dry. This will make a nice scent for my oil burner but it's not great on me.

This imp is circulating as part of the General Catalogue Swap.

In the interest of time and getting these imps on to the next in line, I'm sniffing before applying.

In the bottle: spicy blend with cinnamon. Can't apply to skin to test the efficacy of this oil because of the havoc cinnamon oil typically wreaks on my skin. Oh well.

It's a vigourous, balanced spicy. I think a lot of the cinnamon-lovers on the board will want to try this.

Safe travels wandering imp!

In the bottle: Cinnamon with just a hint of fruitiness. I'm already in love.

Wet on skin: Oh my! Cinnamon is still very strong, but overall it's less fruity.

Dry on skin: Now I can smell clove as well as cinnamon. It smells wonderful.

Verdict: Sexy, cinnamony and spicy. It works very well with my body chemistry - most cinnamony scents do, actually. This might make it into my top ten favorites.

All Night Long-

In Bottle: I smell the cinnamon people are talking about, but the smell comes at me like cinnamon almonds do (yum), and then I realize it is the nut undertone coming at me too. Peanutty.

Wet: French burnt peanuts! And the cinnamon blooms. Ooh, yum, I love that peanut scent.

Dry: -Oh, a little must is coming out. I hope not. Go away, must! You are not nice!--Oh, good, it goes away, settles down into a sarsaparilla scent, with only the memory of must to it. This is pretty nice. Decent staying power too. (I don't find it a sexy or arousing scent as food scents don't usually do that to me. They make me very HAPPY, but I don't really think of them as sexy.)

Overall: I like.

Edited by steffanina

Imp: I pry the lid of this imp off expecting something bizarre or herbal (since it is a voodoo blend), only to smell instead... cinnamon?!

Wet: Tingly! I haven't had a bad reaction to any cinnamon blends yet so I was a little surprised. I must have accidentally touched my lip sometime after because it was tingly too. Oh hey, when I press my nose right up to my wrist and sniff, it's Fruit Loops, the most voodoo-magical breakfast cereal ever evidently because this isn't the first voodoo oil to smell this way. From a distance, though, it's all cinnamon, and a sweeter version than the type in Bengal.

Dry: My wrists stopped tingling after the first couple of minutes, but now I have a tiny rash of pink dots on my wrists. They don't hurt though, so do I really care? I'm torn.

This scent was lovely with a bit of Snake Oil applied over, but I think I will favor a milder cinnamon blend that doesn't turn my skin red, just as a safety precaution.

I got this as a frimp. Well... it smells like buttered toast. Toasted white bread, buttered and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. Why is this. It smells kind of pleasant but its just baffling. My mother grabbed this one out of my imp order and put it on her wrist, apparently she oculdn't stop sniffing althroughout her office hours. As akward as it feels... I guess I'm buying All Night Long for my mother.

My lazy review.. (I will do a better one later)

In the imp: This reminds me of a more musky Love Me

First on: Smells the same as in the imp.

After a bit: It's a little different, a bit softer in some aspect, a bit more feral in others, but still very similar to love me.

I'd have to say, I had the strangest dreams while wearing this... they were not of any innocent nature.

Frimp from the Lab.

This smells like Big Red gum with a woodsy undertone on me. As time goes on, I get more wood and less cinnamon. Not bad, actually. If I hadn't already found my ultimate cinnamon scent (Hamadryad - I have a bottle of the old-school non-wintergreen version) I'd definitely be considering a big bottle of this one for scent alone.

I can't speak to the voodoo properties of the oil, as I've had absolutely zero opportunity thus far to test them. Hopefully the labbies know something that I don't, and I'll be able to update my review soon :P.

In the imp: Sharp cinnamon

On my skin: Smells just like pumpkin pie spice. I'm getting lots of cinnamon, cloves, and a bit of ginger.

After a half hour: Yep, still smells like pumpkin pie spice. Hubby said it made him hungry. I washed it off. Not a fan.

a frimp from the lab and -- mmm, it's so nice! cinnamon candy-ish, but more complex than sraight-up big red...there's something else mixed in that makes it very intriguing and mysterious, and unfortunately, sort of hard to describe - almost honey-like, or amber-y, like a burnt-sugar brittle with lots of cinnamon and cloves...sort of a brown sugar smell? i dunno - i'm stumped. but it smells delicious and enticing, and i will definitely try out the voodoo part of it, when i get the opportunity. :P

Cinnamon. Sweet and spicy and dark. Mmmm. It's not as strong as it could be, tempered by something else--I agree with those who speculate almonds, though general almondy notes go wrong on me. This is definitely a sensual scent, though I haven't yet tested its efficacy. *g*

This is rather a nice scent, and I could see how this could be very sexy in the right setting. I'm not sure I'm the best person to report on the voodoo effects of this, as my boyfriend tends to get excited by pretty much anything that smells really nice and isn't too loud, but he did really like it. This is definitely something I would put on to wear to bed or snuggle up next to him for a quiet afternoon in when it's rainy out. The description is accurate. It is very relaxing, but its spiciness succeeds in arousing the senses at the same time.

The dominant note in this was definitely cinnamon for me. It was so dominant that I'm not really sure I smelled anything else in it for some time after I put it on. After a while though, I did detect something much sweeter... perhaps honey? It smelled a lot like honey anyway. The blend as a whole morphed quite a bit during the time I had it on, and it didn't last as long as some of BPALs other "spicy" blends, but it was a pleasant scent nonetheless.

Would I buy a big bottle of this? Doubtful. That's mostly because I already have similar scents that appeal to me much more, are more complex, and seem to produce the same sorts of effects, most notably Lust and Penny Dreadful, both of which I would recommend to people who liked the general idea of this, but didn't quite fall in love.

This is very strongly clove to me (or possibly cinnamon bark -- doesn't smell like straight up cinnamon to me) with maybe something slightly creamy with it. It's a very hot scent. Much too spicy for me to wear as perfume, but I can see it working for it's intended use. :P

Imp: Sharp ginger. Spicy for sure.

Wet: Cinnamon? Mint? Something herbal? Nutty?

Dry: Cinnamon power, but later it also had a very nice earthy, almost soil-like, thing going on. The boy said it was kinda woody. A really nice layer within the scent.

Final Thoughts: Well, I'm not sure I'm into anything voodoo, but some excitement did happen in the bed. My only warning would be for sensitive skin types: this turned my skin red and blotchy where applied. It eventually faded and there was no burning sensation, but just so you know.

I like it. I dig cinnamon and the earthy undertones were very pretty. I'll keep the imp for now and see how it develops.

First impression was Cinnamon...lots of cinnamon. That faded to a really nice incense type of fragrance. Not sure what it is, but it smells good..cloves? No SO at the time, so I can't attest to the Voodoo properties of the scent. I'll probably use up the imp(freeby from the Lab...thanks!) and may think of ordering a larger bottle.

All Night Long is very sexy. However, it is differently sexy to the warm, soft (not-so) vanilla honey-sweetness of Sed Non Satiatia or Smut. This is hot, with pepper and cinnamon.

I've not got anyone to try it on, but I'll say that it certainly made me wish I did. It smells nice, I think (I like both pepper and cinnamon), but it seems that it should just be for what it is meant for, because of the effect it has on me.

Only quam: it didn't last long, so maybe I should be a little more liberal, and in a few more places, too, which means I should put in an order for a bigger bottle next time I place an order :P .

Wow, this is a really nice scent--it starts off *very* cinnamony, and then the almondy smell starts to come in. Hmm. I think I might like this....but...wait....

OW! Ow, it burns! Crap! I've never had a skin reaction to an oil before, but I guess this one is just too much for me. Dammit! I like the smell, but the burning is not quite the excitement I was looking for. Off to the swaps... :P

In the bottle:

ooooh! cinnamon and nutmeg and honey. wow, taking several deep whiffs, because this is delectable.

Wet:

cinnamon red hots and Big Red gum. Tons of cinnamon! I can't wait to see what it becomes.

Dry (15 min):

Pepper now, adding to the cinnamon and making this blend less sweet than it was before. This really is stimulating an alert yet relaxed state - it's warm, zingy and also comforting. Interesting!

Later (45 min):

Less intense and almost pure cinnamon sugar, ready to be sprinkled on toast. High comfort food sensation here. Not so sure I'm getting the idea of sex, but this definitely leads to feelings of self-confidence and security. I think this would be a good one to have at hand for times when I am dealing with a challenge that is outside my comfort zone.

Wind Down (2 hours):

Very faint - this is almost gone, leaving just a pleasant fragrance no longer identifiable as cinnamon, but nice.

Verdict:

Short lived, but fun and happymaking while it was there. I do plan to use this when I want to access energy and confidence. This is a winner!

Havent tried it for purpose, but scent-wise: I get cardamom from All Night Long. Lovely, soft and glowing cardamom with some other spice (pepper...?) lurking behind it. Sweet and warm. Very nice.