Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
grrrlennyl

All Night Long

As if the name didn’t spell it out for you. This blend relieves all sexual inhibitions by simultaneously relaxing and arousing.

Very strong cinnamon smell. Just opening the bottle at work was enough to fill the entire office with the scent of cinnamon. I put a tiny bit of it on and was still making whatever room I was in smell good -- seriously, a guy I work with told me to come back because I smelled so good. Hehe. Eventually it became cinnamon with a bit of something else, possibly clove, and a hint of something more woodsy. The scent didn't last all night long on me, and I can't say for sure that it works with my boyfriend because the first time I wore it for him was also the first time he'd seen me in two weeks. :P

Cinnimon and resin...maybe dragon's blood...but something else. It is really dry and burns my nose and skin. :P Dosn't morph at all on me...it just sort of fades away.

Rating (on skin): 1/5

Summarised in a word or two: Celery?

In the imp/bottle: Cinnamon, perhaps cloves and... something aquatic and green. Hmm.

On skin, wet: Cinnamon and... celery? Musk? Peanuts? It smells most like celery, and it's very strange! The cinnamon is very warm. I think this might be gorgeous, but for the celery.

On skin, dry: A slight change from wet, in that it became a bit more earthy. Still that strange green note, though.

Conclusion: My skin handled the cinnamon without incident (as always), but that strange note ruined the blend for me. I have no SO at the moment (and no desire for one), so I won't be testing this one's Voodoo properties any time soon.

Edited by Aredhel

Bottle: Scorched, stale cinnamon quills. Less 'hot & spicy' more 'charred & bitter'. My gut feeling tells me that this particular blend isn't going to like me, even though cinnamon and I are on fairly friendly terms.

Skin: From bad to worse. I smell like the noxious herbal tinctures (arnica, anyone?) my mother used to force me to take when I was sick. It's medicinal, it's herbal, and it's bitter as fuck. I'm resisting the temptation to wash it off.

Skin, Later: Very little change save an appearance of something resembling burnt oranges.

Verdict: I was in the mood for love, and then All Night Long happened. I'm thoroughly gutted with my reaction towards it. After reading glowing reviews (I usually make a point of NOT reading reviews until I've written mine, but since there were no notes listed in the description I needed to get a general feel of what people had experienced) that consistently mentioned 'cinnamon' and 'almond' - two notes that usually adore me - I couldn't wait to get my hands on an imp and amp up my sex drive. Unfortunately, this blend hated me before it even got to touch my skin. Somehow it almost feels fitting (i.e., an aphrodisiac working opposite on me), *face*. Depressing.

In the bottle: Very medicinal. And cinnamon.

First on: Cinnamon, I think cardamon, and something woodsy.

Drydown: Mostly cinnamon now, but it's almost sweet. I can definitely see how this should work, and I'll be trying it if I ever have a steady boy.

First sniff: Cinnamon candy. Maybe more like sticky buns – I swear I smell icing and dough.

Wearing: Still smells like sticky buns. I’m getting hungry, not horny. It’s a nice scent by itself, but cinnamon candy and sticky buns aren’t really things I want to smell like.

I was pleased because this started out smelling like cinnamon and assorted nutty spices, but shortly after applying, the rancid bitch vetiver stepped into the forefront. I want to claw at my sinuses and vomit all over myself, so I'm guessing sex isn't really an option today until I can get this off of my skin and out of my head. :P

All Night Long is hard to describe, scent-wise. It kind of reminds me of Thai Peanut Sauce (yum!) and then it definitely goes through a cinnamon raisin stage (as already mentioned), and I also get that 'celery' note that I detect in some of the other voodoo blends. It does smell like there is some vetiver in here, but it doesn't bother me. The cacophony of notes might sound weird, but it all smells pretty good because the cinnamon is present at all stages, and it smooths out the other notes.

As far as the voodoo properties, I did get some extra attention from my boyfriend when I wore this, maybe because he thought I smelled like a 'spicy cookie' (he thinks every BPAL smells like a spicy cookie, even the florals).

Cinnamon and something green? I'm not getting the celery smell some are describing, but there's almost a woodiness to it. It's soft and warm and comforting to me.

Very pleasant, unique, and something I'll wear often as I'm a fan of spicy blends. I wish I could try this out for its voodoo properties, but alas, I'm single.

It's cinnamon for sure, and then as it dries on me it turns less so, with some rose and incense overtones. I adore it! Am looking forward to finding out if it works the way some people attest :P

I agree, it's damn sexy, and I see a big bottle in my future.

Cinnamon and some sort of sandalwood undertone? Its definately cinnamon and something woody.

I'll never know if it works or not because its burning like hell and I have to go wash it off now

Hmm.

Well.

In the imp ~ Cinnamon. Very strong cinnamon.

Wet ~ Cinnamon and something undiscernable... (On the edit... I was being polite. The undiscernable odor *to me* was cat urine... ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. Must be the vetiver or the civet...)

On the dry down. Um. Celery. (But no cat urine!!) *grin*

:D

This needs to go away.

Now.

Really.

Right. Now.

:D

ETA: I still really hated this scent... (Sorry, BPAL ~ I love so many others though! :D ) but I am happy to report that eventually my wrist ceased to smell of celery after about an hour. I could still smell cinnamon and it was a warm fragrance ~ but then that musk-y smell took over ~ and I really, really, really can't stand most musks...

:P

Edited by BlackDahlia

cinnamon and linseed oil.....both equally as strong with my chemistry.....

the linseed seems to have a twang of a bitter edge....after a few minutes

these 2 scents seemingly meld into each other to perform a beautiful

and outstanding union....this will be a perfect blend for dancing in the sheets.....

:P

Got a frimp of this and I have to say.. a bottle is likely going to be ordered with the Lunacy update at 3am EST. Heh.

Soo.. Upon first cracking the frimp open it was all cinnamon but there was a note I (like others) couldn't identify.. it was intriguing though so i dabbed a bit on each wrist and .. well .. yeah.

Unfortunately its not a scent that lasts All Night Long on me.. but im thinking that's ok. Id be happy to carry with and reapply.. or be convinced to not leave the house at all.. and hence.. well.. not need to reapply.

Cinnamon and something green.. earthy.. without being 'dirty'..

I REALLY love this scent... it's possibly the best cinnamon to come out of the lab, in my opinion. It's a sultry, spicy cinnamon, and the voodoo smelling herbs give it an earthiness that's just ravenously sexy.

The only problem is, it makes me break out in huge hives. I'm thinking of experimenting with my imp and some unscented lotion, or possibly as a room scent. I wish it didn't give me such a bad reaction, as it's hard to justify a big bottle when it makes me red and puffy all over!

But damn, does it ever work... :P

A Lab frimp. :P

All Night Long is *hardcore* cinnamon. Really strong. And it works, too! I dabbed it on and then a few minutes later found myself thinking, "hmm, sex. Yeah, that'd be nice" just out of nowhere. :D The drydown is a sweetish patchouli; I don't love it on me but on Brian it's very nice, so this is going to live with the boy-imps in his box. I think he finds the name inspiring. :D

mmmm cinnamon and somethin nutty - maybe almonds... maybe a touch of burnt sugar.

As for the voodoo properties. Well, let's just say I woke up in a bed not my own the next morning. :P

Fresh From The Imp: Spicy!

Wet On My Flesh: Cinnamon and... cedar, I want to say. There aren't any notes listed in the description, so I've got to wing this one.

Drying Down: Definitely cedar. I might go out on a limb and say the spice I'm smelling is clove rather than cinnamon, since it seems to be a little more... clovey.

Hour To Integrate: I'm certain it's not cinnamon now, but it might be allspice. Whatever it is, it's all I smell.

End Of Day/Final Report: Not my thing, but I'm trying to collect the Voodoo Blends.

Edited by Mistress Tera

All Night Long is quite a strong cinnamon fragrance. I detected something early on in the fragrance that smelled like black patchouli, or it could be something else that is creating some sort of heavy dirt, soil smell, which isn't as bad as I'm making it sound. It's quite like a fireball candy, actually. I'm fond of cinnamon scents, and the next time I feel a bit amourous, I suppose I should see if this oil lives up to its name. It reminds me a little bit of the Celestial oil Mars, which had shown, erm, "results" once when I wore it.

After a bit, it does mellow out, but it still manages to be very spicy. I quite like it. I can smell a rose in the background, and the scent is not too unlike Harlot, however the rose in All Night Long is a bit more of a "sweaty," lightly powdery rose. All Night Long sort of settles into this rose-n-spice fragrance, which is all right.

I had braced myself for an onslaught of gardenia, as a fair porportion of Voodoo Blends have had that dreaded flower, but ones that do not are very welcome. Although I don't forsee myself getting a bottle of All Night Long anytime soon, I'll hold onto my imp.

-doreen

Both on me and in the imp, this smells exactly like cinnamon and celery. Not arousing the the least. I could feel the areas where I applied it warming up, but more in an allergic way than an arousal way...

I can't add much to the Red Hots description (except that it is witty in this context). When I went to sniff my wrist, the scent stung my lip. Maybe this one has interesting possibilities as a massage oil?

Wore this over the weekend and had red slashes on my neck where I had applied. Cinnamon oil doesn't agree so well with my neck. My wrists were fine though. 'Tis a shame since this one smells spicey and a bit masculine on the drydown.