Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TheIceMaiden

Lick It Like You Mean It

Every holiday season should be full of lewd suggestions and filthy double entendres, right? Lick it in earnest! Lick it with vigor! Peppermint candy cane with an extra jolt of sugar.

This is similar to all the other Lick It's - sweet peppermint, vanilla, and sugar, just like a candy cane. There seems to be a bit more peppermint in this one as my skin is extra cool and tingly, as well as a little extra sugar. There also seems to be a very light musk in the drydown underneath all the candy cane goodness. If you've enjoyed the previous Lick It's, this is a wonderful addition to the collection.

This is the first time I've gotten one of the "lick it" perfumes and I have to say that I really like it! Very pepperminty and tingly! I get a warm undertone that I can't quite figure out but it smells good. Definately recommended!

bottle: way more sugary than last year's lick it one more time. this reminds me a lot more of lick it again.

wet: yup, this is lick it again, much more sugar than peppermint.

dry: i smell like a candy cane.

bottle: mmmmm. minty, sweet..... I'm in love.

wet: Wow. This scent is magnificently pepperminty on me. It's like I'm a candy cane. I fully understand the term "Lick it like you mean it" now. This scent smelled weirdly different on my sister. On her, the scent was a very smoky musk. But on me, the scent is light, pure peppermint. Very festive. This is my first lick it perfume and so far I'm enjoying it.

dry: I too, smell like a sweet, fresh candy cane. Anyone who enjoys peppermint will love this.

In vial: strong peppermint and sugar, but creamier than a candy cane. More like the sort of mint candy that melts in your mouth.

Wet on skin: sweet and minty and creamy and much nicer than I expected! I don't normally get the impulse to lick my arm, even though I love foody scents, but this is the exception! Love it!

Dry on skin: after 5 minutes there's a cool tingle on my skin, similar to the one I get from Grr! I wonder if this will sooth headaches too? Not much throw. Still very minty - spearmint rather than peppermint. I want more of this! I think it will be a perfect pick-me-up for hot summer days or any time I feel tired and grotty.

It's also marvellous layered over Gelt - chocolate cookies with mint cream!

Edited by Lyrical

I got Lick It One More Time last year and wasn't too wowed by it. I think I was still developing my BPAL nose! This year, Lick It Like You Mean It .... well....means a lot more to me! I love it! It doesn't smell candy caney, but I do get a shot of pepermint and then the lovely vanilla underlay.

I passed up last year's Lick It because of the vanilla note (the smell and taste makes me nauseous), so I was very excited to see no vanilla note in this year's blend. In fact, I almost ordered a full bottle, but instead joined a decant circle just to be on the safe side.

In the imp I smelled pure minty sugary goodness.

Wet on my skin the minty sugary smell just intensified into total delight, with a good throw. I was thrilled!

Dry on my skin it turned into sugary vanilla. Unfortunately, vanilla makes me nauseous.

So if you like/love vanilla, sugar, and mint, this oil will make you incredibly happy! However, if you don't get along well with vanilla, skip this oil and try something else.

Lick it is sugary peppermint wet on skin and after 5 minutes it becomes a slightly foody Antique Lace minus the linen, it `s like his younger and happy-go-lucky sister for me. I`d love to have more minty minutes but I like it a lot anyway!

Peppermint, sugar, and vanilla. It's great but rather than remind me of a regualr candy cane it reminds me of the peppermint nougat candies with the Chistmas tree in the middle. It is creamier than a candy cane (to my nose at least).

This particular Lick It is less medicinal than some of the previous incarnations, but it may still be a bit too strong on the peppermint for me. This one is going to require some thought.

straight sniff from imp is very pepperminty and sweet!!

once applied all sweet and frosty and reminds me of licking a candy

cane while being enveloped in a blanket of freshly fallen snow under

heaps of evergreens...totally, delightfully fun!!

I bought Lick It One More Time last year and liked it a lot. This year, I ordered a last minute decant of Lick It like You Mean It, just to see if it would be any different. Now I am in trouble, because it is different and I love it even more! There's something sweet and frothy about this version, more like a peppermint drink with whipped cream than hard candy. Voodoocatwoman smelled it and said it has a lot more vanilla than the last one. Whatever it is, I must have a bottle! :P

When I received my Yule '08 decant circle package I was startled to find a bottle inside. Sadly it was empty :D Happily it was Lick It Like You Mean It :P I immediately opened the bottle and took a whiff and then melted into a happy little puddle.

In the Bottle: Peppermint icing. Not a straight up candy cane smell, its much more sweet and has touch of vanilla.

On the Wrist: The peppermint hits my nose first and wow is it strong! After that initial hit, the peppermint settles down and lets its friend sugar out to play. I think part of why the peppermint might be so strong at first is because the sugar is shoving it from behind.

Verdict: I cannot get enough of this scent! I smell like the most perfect candy cane ever, nothing extra just sugar and peppermint. It is really hard to resist licking myself. Plus I find myself holding my wrist in front of my nose for minutes and just breathing. I earned a few odd looks for that. I'm going to have to get a bottle of this stuff, maybe two! To horde or not to horde that is the question.

Edited by ealasaid86

Pepperminty wonderfulness; this one seems a little more candy-sweet and less sharply minty than last year's. It still vanishes on my skin within minutes of applying, though, darn the luck. I really wish one of these would work on me one of these years.

Candy cane at first. This is peppermint with the bpal sugar note from Hope. Then the peppermint fades over several hours time to leave a sugared vanilla fragrance. To me this is nearly identical to Lick It Again, which is a favorite of mine. I like to use it for aromatherapy a lot. It is particularly nice in the summer when I really need the cooling effect of the mint. It's a must have. Yay!

in vial: strong mint candy cane

wet: yummy sweet mint. to me this smells most like 'lick it again'.

dry: the mint fades slightly and becomes much lighter all around but remains sweet and minty fresh.

I liked this one rather more than I expected to, as I'm not a huge fan of mint as a note in my perfume. It does go on as pure (though soft) mint candy...but unlike the plastic-y drydown of Snowblind, it dries down to a lovely musky vanilla. The drydown reminds me somewhat of Numb. I'll be keeping my imp!

This is the first Lick It [fill in the blank from whatever year] scent I've ever tried and OH GOSH that's a jolt of peppermint indeed! Very cool and sweet and pepperminty all at once. After about five minutes, it sort of smells like toothpaste, but with a sugary jolt added. Holy cow, peppermint love!

i have to say that while i like the notes involved, the Lick It series never grabbed me. then i went to EC Will Call and had a chance to give the latest incarnation a sniff and i was sold on the spot! :D here's my review:

in the bottle: yummy bright peppermint and sweet vanilla! :D

wet on skin: same

dry down: same! a heavenly mix of peppermint and vanilla. less like a candy cane, more like peppermint cake frosting! :D

in all: a delicious scent, i plan to wear this all year long, not just during the holidays. medium throw, and i am betting it'll be GREAT for layering as well. a total keeper!

:P

Never tried one of the Lick Its before!

In the Bottle: Candy cane! Very strong sugar and peppermint.

Wet: The peppermint is a LOT stronger than it was in the bottle, but the sugar is there behind it. Less candy, but not straight up mint.

Dry: Er... other than maybe a hint of sugar, this is GONE in less than an hour.

Verdict: Damn shame that my skin totally ate this up. Nice for the minute or so that it lasted.

2/5

I'm actually really happy with this formulation, I had Lick it Again and Tokyo Stomp, and with last years formulation being something between the two of them, I was kinda miffed. I spent the summer living in tokyo stomp, so I swapped away Lick it Again, but I found myself missing it a little. This is going back to the original formulation of peppermint and sugar, not adding vanilla. *hugs her little decant*

There are days when all I want is to smell like sugary peppermint........... and this stuff delivers. :P Vanilla and peppermint fight too much, sugar and peppermint are on the same page. I just can't wait till summer, that's when this stuff is the best!

Side note, of those of you not finding this lasting long or working well, peppermint is a summer scent. Hold off on swapping it away, you will be eating it up when it gets hot.

Edited by RaeiNarcissus

Okay, last year's Lick It (One More Time) was a horrible disaster on me - the vanilla went all plasticky on me. (I had the same problem with Tokyo Stomp). This one is more like Lick It Again --- the peppermint is very present on wet, and the drydown is more sugary than LiA.

I have a partial of LiA and don't wear it as much, so I doubt I'll pick up this year's incarnation. It's very lovely and I love smelling like a peppermint candy, but I know that I don't reach for LiA as much as I should!