Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Phobos

Twin to Deimos and child of War, Phobos is the embodiment of terror and mortal fear. Chilling white musk, lemon verbena, white grapefruit and lemongrass.

This is a very sweet lemon, although the white musk and grapefruit keep it fresh. I like it, and will add it to my slowly growing collection of lemony scents...

This reminds me of The Body Shop's White Musk with a little less floral. Very pretty, soft, and perfect as a summer scent.

:::PHOBOS:::

Phobos is a blast of white light coupled with tympanic trauma.

Phobos is glacially cold and surgically sharp.

Phobos is magnesium filament afire in a jar of pure oxygen.

The Grapefruit in Phobos swings from the hip with a beringed backhand across your nose... And you kinda like it!

Lemon Verbena and Lemongrass bring even more citrusy goodness to the mix while the musk behaves almost, ALMOST like Lilac in this; for a moment rationalising that this, too, would be a good feminine counterpart to Villain...

Phobos is clean, sexy, and fun...

Phobos is the Surgeon who is often carefully composed or stoic, but behind closed doors has the ferocity and appetite of a drunken frat-boy.

A thrillseeker's delight for her.

4/5.

My track record with lasting power with clean scents is horrid, and Phobos is no exception. It's a very strong, sweet and tangy lemon in the bottle, and on me it's lemon with hints of ginger and other citrus. Sadly, after about an hour and a half, it was almost completely undetectable. To the swap pile with you!

Sweet cloying grapefruit and a touch of very sacchrine verbena. Smells like lotus has been added? Could be the white musk mingling with everything else.

Got this as a frimp from the lab.

In the bottle: Citrusy goodness! The verbena's sharpness is softened by the lemongrass. It reminds me of lemony tea.

Wet: LEMON CLEANING FLUID ATTACK! I'm disappointed, because I really liked it in the imp, but it went lemon pledge on me. :(

Dry (after an hour or so): The lemon overload has faded, leaving a lemongrass/muskiness behind. I like this better than the wet stage, but not enough to keep wearing it.

Sigh... I wanted to like this. :huh?:

Edited by sunlitgarden

Lemon, lemon, lemon, grapefruit, lemon, lemon, lemon, lemon... (20 minutes later)... light lemony musk.

That's a whole lot of lemon. I love lemon juice on food, I love lemonade, I'm just not sure I'm ready to smell like all lemons all the time - but this would be a great scent for people who do!

And it has pretty great staying power, it's still around long after I would have expected it to go.

Edited by strahlend

In bottle: Lemongrass and grapefruit

Wet: This is mostly lemon grass/verbana, though I do catch an occasional tart bite of citrus.

Dry: The musk emerges a little and the lemon calms down. After a little bit the grapefruit citrus makes itself known.

Notes: This would be a good pick to try for anyone who likes lemon/citrus

In the imp: Lemon candy!

Wet: Lemon candy!!

Drydown: Lemon candy with a hint of cleaning fluid... uh oh...

Wearing (after an hour or so): Lemon candy over the faintest breath of... florals?

Overall, I like this though not enough to rush out for a large bottle. It is a very sweet lemon that reminds me of yummy suckers and the like.

Edited by vanillabean

Lemon candy-very much reminiscent of lemonheads in the imp. Maybe veers a little into cleaning product territory.

Yes...it's a fight between lemonheads and lemon pledge...though maybe veering a little towards pledge, or lemon wood cleaner...

The whole time I wore this it was that same battle. Ultimately, it leaned more towards lemon floor cleaner. There are other fresh citrussy bpals I will stick to

Strong lemon candy while wet, but dries down to soft, sweet, lemon musk. Fades rather quickly, but lovely while it lasts.

In the vial: sharp, tart, fresh lemon.

Wet: The same fresh lemon, with a hint of grapefruit.

Drydown: The fresh lemon juice smell has faded somewhat, and I get more of the green-lemony smell of lemongrass, as well as the white musk. This is a very light scent with very little throw. It would be nice for hot weather, or for anyone who likes refreshing citrus scents. Once dry, it reminds me of the dry stage of Fresh's Lemon Sugar perfume.

Phobos. :eek:

This is a bright and easy to wear perfume for having such direful inspiration.

It smells like sugary lemon and white musk.

As the perfume wears on the skin, the sugared lemon turns into lemongrass.

There isn't much more to it than that. Sweet lemon and white musk, gradually becomes lemongrass and white musk.

It is good.

I adore this one. Verbena is one of my favorite scents, and this one is loaded with it. I really don't get musk at all from this one- just nice yummy sweet citrus. For such a light scent, it has a decent amount of throw. Particularly nice as a light summer scent.

In the imp I'm hopeful, but then on my skin (both wet and dry) it smells like lemon pledge. So disappointed! If I was a cleaning lady for a living I might be able to get away with it, but even then I'm sure I wouldn't want to smell like lemon cleaning products all day.

In the bottle: Lemongrass...and something else?

Intial sniff on wrist: Lemongrass. I like lemongrass, so this is a good thing.

After an hour: The musk has come out to play and the combination smells like Tahitian Musk incense (one of favorites). It also seems to have a decent throw. I will definitely buy a bigger bottle of this.

Lemongrass, lemon verbena and tart grapefruit. I get a Mr. Clean and Lemon Pledge vibe from this but it doesn't smell like cleaner, rather a very syrupy sweet drink. Minutes later...I guess it reminds me too much of cleaner that I just have to wash it off.

In the imp: Lemon Pledge and Lemonheads. :|

Wet: Lemon verbena with the tartness of grapefruit.. I can dig it.

Dry: Same as the wet stage, but the lemon has softened a bit and I smell a light musk. Fun and cheery. I like it, but not enough to buy a bottle.

In the imp, Phobos is most definitely Lemon Pledge (and this is coming from someone who loves citrus scents). However, the verbena and white musk amp on me fairly quickly, offsetting the Pledge effect. It's still very bright and sharp, but with an underlying softness (from the musk, I'd guess). After a few hours, there's little morphing, just plenty of clean citrus. I like this well enough -- it kind of reminds me of a more in-your-face, floral-free Phantasm. I'd buy a 5ml of Phantasm before Phobos, but I'll happily keep the imp for when I need a more intense citrus scent.

This is lemon verbena SN to me, in the imp, on my skin wet... it's nice, but.. very lemony..

later on it develops the kind of echo of the crushed leaves of lemon balm or something.. maybe that's the lemongrass.

I can't get any musk out of it, or any grapefruit. I'm not sure what to think of it. I don't dislike it, but I think I'd enjoy it much more if the grapefruit and musk actually showed up on my skin.

Lemon. This smells like a sweet lemon to me. Kind of like those lemonhead candies. This just smells very tasty to me. Kinda foody actually.

Definitely wasn't what I was expecting. If you like lemons, then you'll love this one!

I love lemons but this is lemon candy on me from imp to dry. While it is dry, it has a hint of depth beyond Lemonheads but really, my skin is amping lemon like no other right now.

Verdict: One imp is more than enough.

From the notes this should have been awesome, since I love citrus scents.

At first this was a big hit of lemongrass, but that quickly takes a back seat to the verbena (which on me isn't very lemony or 'green', more like borderline sour). Then its all VERBENA, giving me the same weird scent association that I got from Aelopile.

While the verbena in Aelopile eventually backs off, this one seems to stay verbena with a hint of lemongrass all the way through. Which is disappointing since I would have loved some grapefruit but never got any.

All in all, I don't think I need more than my tester.

Wet: Lemon candies. Mostly tart with a bit of sweet.

Drydown: Bright lemon with a smoother, more grounded lemongrass note. There’s a freshness that leans in the herbal direction (as opposed to the lemonade direction). It reminds me of Absinthe, in fact, minus a few key herbs.

Dry: Pillowy white musk with lemongrass and grapefruit rind. Similar to Shanghai and Embalming Fluid. Soft and light.

7 out of 10 bones

Edited by BoneBone24

To my nose: Now we're talking lemons here! This is some serious juicy lemon, the kind that makes your entire face cringe becuase it it just so sooooour! Just the kind of lemon scent I love!

On: The same really juicy lemon, but it's slowly mellowing out. I happen to really like citrus when it comes to scents, so i'm ejoying this one! And.. I don't know if it's the oil but I got itchy where I dabbed the oil. It might be just normal and random itchiness, but I'll have to test it again to be sure.

After about an hour: Phobos has calmed down a notch, but it's still a gorgeous lemon and I really like it. Despite the itchyness.