Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Delirium1009

Sticky Pillowcase

Terminal sugar rush. A little goblin's candy bag, upended.
Smushed candy corn, rock candy dust, marshmallow gunk, strawberry goo, spun blue sugar, globs of salt water taffy, and lint.

This does smell a bit like candy corn but with a really nauseating plastic note as well.

It's very strong and sweet but there's a funny note that I really don't like and I had to wash it off.

1/5 I won't be wearing this again!

In the bottle it's a heavy, boozy, sugar scent.

On my skin this smells like burnt brown sugar. It ends up turning very sour/bitter and smelling rather nasty.. Makes me so sad.. :(

Sticky Pillowcase 2008

Terminal sugar rush, indeed! It's like crushed-up SweeTarts sprinkled over strawberry hard candies.

this is really really sweet. smashed up sweet tarts sweet. i was hoping there would be more strawberry, but nope...sweet tarts. it's still delicious, but i can't wear it too many days in a row.

I'm at work reviewing this and its making me miss my daughter so much!

This smells like her face when shes eating a lollipop... shes 1, so its never a neat thing, its lollipop babyskin in the warm sun.. heated candy drool... I love it!

Sniffed: Light yellow oil. Fruity, candy, sugary sweet. It does have that creaminess of the candy corn and maybe a little (less discinctly) from the marshmallow; definitely some 'strawberry starburst candy'. I even get a little of the salt water taffy, and a linen-y note that must be lint.

Wet: More sugary-sweet in a sort of teeth-aching way; heavier, and a little plastic/artificial. I do get a bit of that general creamy candy note from Velvet Unicorn, but also that plastic-powder the marshmallow. Oddly, this does smells blue now, like artificial blue raspberry slurpee syrup.

Dry: It's faded dramatically, and the 'spun sugar' (reminds me of Pink Moon 05) note has come out - also the hard candy/rock candy note reminds me of the same in Candy Phoenix, almost a little dusty. Slightly artificial strawberry and blue raspberry and a base of creamy candy.

Summary: Reminds me loads of Treat #1, but with purely berry fruit and the creamy/powdery undertones of candy corn and marshmallow. The clean linen note (think Berenice) holds and provides a nice backgrdrop, as does the faint saltiness. Unfortunately, can't deal with the marshmallow note. Good throw, fades quite a bit.

I feel like I tried Sticky Pillowcase back when I first got it (around halloween) but then tossed it back into the imp box and forgot what it smelled like.

So I tried it today, and while it had that toffee/carmalized sugar note as a base, there was this bright fun fruity (not sugary) top note that was almost exactly like Candy Phoenix. It was basically... candy phoenix with a toffee undertone. I really love it.

I wore it out, liberally slathering it, and during the day would get wafts of dark caramel-toffee-burntsugar-whatchacallit, then would get wafts of PINK. lol something pink. Strawberry? Cherry? Something fruity sugary and delicious. It lasted all day, and had enough throw that my father made a comment that I was going to turn diabetic. It didn't fade at all on me. Even the lighter notes that tend to easily vanish lasted. In fact, they're still on me after wearing it all day (though now you need to sniff the spot, when earlier it wafted)

In contrast, when my younger sister tried it, the top notes vanished entirely and she was nothing but toffee. I suppose skin chemistry must have some baring on if this scent works or not. I'm going to have to go in search of a bottle of this on the forums...

Edited by CaffinatedAngel

Oh, wow. Amazingly sweet, fruity sugar, all over. To me this is actually a very blue scent--the spun blue sugar comes instantly to mind, with that cotton-candy-blue color. I don't exactly smell the cotton of the lint in here, but I think that it's working hard in the background to keep this one just on the right side of sweet-too sweet. I'm not sure it's a daily wear--too overpowering--but I like the fruit tones of the sugar in here, and I'll definitely wear it when I'm feeling sparkly and fun (or just wish I could be).

In the bottle: Sugar! Reminds me a lot of Candy Phoenix and MB: Bloody Mary. Might be that strawberry note in the MB:BM.

Wet: Strawberry is mostly what I can smell, which is good. I like strawberry! I think the candy corn makes it a little different in the background. It's nice.

I love, love, love Sticky Pillowcase! It's really sweet, but not cloying. It smells like toffee mixed with hard candy and the hard candy gives it a bit of an airy touch. It's a very fun scent and sniffing it just makes me smile.

Wet, dry, whenever, it makes me think of those generic stripey candies you would use to decorate gingerbread houses with. It's such a nice cute simple sweetness!

Re-written

In the bottle: Sweet an candy like.. Without being childish or juicy.

On skin: At first use I was sad because it did not sit on my skin.

I loved the scent however, and thankfully tested it again a few days blater.

For the first time I discovered the deep of a scent this way.

FIRST: tHE SAME SWEET SCENT, QUICKLY GROWING INTO EVERYTHING i HOPED sTRAWBERRY MOON 2009 WOULD BE AND THEN ADD ADULT VANILLA.

Now it lasts the entire night&day.

One perfect scent I adore it.

Edited by miaa

This is the smell of pink cotton candy to my nose. Lots of sugar and a hint of something 'pink' smelling. Good thing this blend is light on my skin or it would probably be overwhelming.

The more I wear this, the more I like it. If it lasted longer on my skin I'd search for a bottle, but unfortunately after about 4-5 hours this is completely gone.

In Bottle: All manner of sweetness. Caramel, pink cotton candy, strawberry syrup and something like a harsh vanilla under it all. When my cousin was a baby her parents stripped her naked, put her on a trash bag and let her go to town with a bunch of candy. She got more of in on herself than in her mouth and she kinda smelled like this.

Wet: What just happened? Plastic. Straight up, fresh from the factory, plastic. Plastic with a shockingly big throw.

5 minutes: Same. The back of my nose is actually starting to hurt.

15 minutes: The plastic is dying down. A little. Which leaves me with... strawberry plastic. Reminds me of the smell of my Strawberry Shortcake doll when I was little. Not as pleasant though.

1 hour +: Sugary strawberry plastic. Still a pretty big throw.

Overall: Something in here hates me with a passion. I ended up with none of the candy goodness the bottle promised. This was the first scent I was unable to leave on until it faded on its own. I had been looking forward to the sugar coma that other people got. *pout* Possibly one for a locket.

Sticky Pillowcase is all heated sugar and strawberry candy on me -- like that candy that makes me think of rhubarb. It has that edge to it. It's okay, but I don't love it.

If it stayed like it smells in the bottle -- which is to say, EXACTLY like the description -- it would be a different story. The in-bottle scent is SCRUMPTIOUS.

I do like this scent. After application, it had a plasticy sugar note, much like plastic pink flamingo, but once that fades, it is actually really similar smelling. Plastic pink flamingo smelled like straight pink sugar, but this one smells like blue sugar with creamy marshmellow. Yum!

How on earth have I lived without this blend?? It arrived this morning and I can't stop sniffing the bottle ^__^

I get the sugar and marshmallow mostly; sweet and comforting. This is going to be a regular favourite, I can tell already. Yum.

For some reason, in my head, I get this one mixed up with Fearful Pleasure. I keep thinking this is the one I didn't like that well. It's not -- this one is fine. Tart, sweet, pink candy.

I have no problems with this scent, it's just not something I'd wear. I prefer smoothness over sweetness, generally. But it does smell good.

Sticky Pillowcase

This is a mix of sweet, sugary fruity candy on me. I'll have to test this against Rosy Maple later, since they are similar in my mind (at least, just remembering Rosy Maple.) As it dries a bit the fruitiness fades some, leaving a snuggly-sweet marshmallowy scent. :)

Edit: The sugar note in the drydown reminds me a lot of the brown sugar note from BBW's Brown Sugar and Fig (which I really like!)

Edited by sunlitgarden

At first, this smelled exactly like Now or Laters to me. Berry berry berry and more sugary berry. As it dried a bit, I detected something else beneath, something that made it more adult and sophisticated. This is not a regular sort of scent for me, but definitely something I'd wear for fun. Very nice.

ETA: Very strong throw.

Edited by talula_fairie

Did you ever see the movie Trick r Treat?

This is Sam's pillowcase...he's the little guy with the burlap mask...

It's super-sweet in the bottle, but when I wear it something turns heavy. It's a sort of dirty, decaying sweet on me and I really like it. It heats up and smells great, even over cigarette smoke. I like to wear this to the club.

Mae

Edited by Mae

Bottle: Burnt sugar like Sugar Skull only with a fruitier layer.

Wet: Light sugar, hint of something alcoholic.

Drydown: Marshmallow creme with a touch of berry fruit and a strange plastic edge.

Dry: Light, airy sugar tinted with fruit.

Would I ever wear this? Once in a blue moon.

My rating: 4/5

I love the combination of the tart sugaryness and clean linen. I wish I got more marshmallow, though! This is a very happy scent and I'm glad to have it.

We always used our pillowcases when trick or treating as kids. When I first saw this scent it reminded me of those fun Halloween nights. I had to have it.

This really is the smell of a fresh cotton pillowcase filled with various candies after a night stomping through the neighborhood as a little monster.

Warm creamy, honey based candy corn, sickly sweet smarties, and so much more. It's lovely sugary goodies on your skin and the smell lasts all day on me.

This is one of my favorite BPAL scents ever.

This scent is candy coated heaven :wub2: . I see there is a strawberry note in it, but it seems to be going more blueberry on me mixed with the other scents. It smells a lot like blueberry pancake syrup :yum: . In my opinion the sweeter, gooey-er, and berry-er the scent is the better. I just adore this blend and I am so glad I own two bottles. Yummy!!!!