Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
tart

Lampades

... Their scent is the crisp, inviting bittersweet tang of cranberry with smoky dark lilies, heady, sensual musk, a tingle of ginger and a brush of Mediterranean spices.

in vial: this is nice and sexy.

wet:Yes, this is a very sexy scent. A deep, rich scent. Smells sweet. Musky. As this dries I can really smell the cranberries.

later: this now smells like cranberries with a hint of musk (i think it's red musk). I really like this better than most blends containing berries. The musk is a very nice complement to the cranberry.

Bizarrely nice for something that smells like candles, chewing gum and latex condoms.

On me, Lampades is just cranberry. There was a hint of something else, so I think aging will help.

Imp: Smoke and cranberries.

Wet: This warms up and turns into something completely unlike the scent in the imp. This is all warm cranberries and a touch of ginger. I can faintly smell the lilies and there appears to be some of my beloved red musk in here.

Dry: Gorgeous. I'm iffy about fruity scents because they can make me feel like I'm thirteen years old. The musk and lilies keep this from feeling too young and the whole thing is very elegant and refined with a sparkle of fun--like wearing running shoes under a floor-skimming ball gown.

Throw: Good.

Overall: A beautiful, complex scent. A great addition to my collection, and a good one to try if you like red musk but want a slightly less sensual version.

Man is this NICE! I think it smells like candy for grownups, some sort of gelee. Husband says I smell like Pez. What does he know??

I get almost all tart cranberry - almost a grapey note - I keep waiting for the spices to come out, but alas, they aren't coming out to play. This reminds me of Bordello (maybe a distant, more conservative cousin) - the floral note is just lurking far enough in the background to not make me go wash it off - I had wished that the spices would play more. It's very subtle and while I don't hate it - I don't think I love it either.

It smells purple.

I mean, I'm at a loss for words here and I think I'll have to give it another go because all I think when I try to describe how this smells is "purple. it smells purple."

However, I happen to like purple :P

It's very fruity, and my nose interprets that fruit as grape. My imp is brand new though so it may take awhile for me to get the cranberry goodness that everyone else gets.

In the imp: Powdery fruit

There's a nice tartness to this, undoubtedly provided by the cranberry. The musk and spices dirty it up a bit and make it seem unlike a fruity smell, and more sophisticated. Alas, some red fruits have a kind of fake candy smell on me, and the cranberry in Lampades is doing just that. :P

In the bottle: Candy-sweet grape (like kid's medicine), smoky. Hints of flowers and spice.

Wet: Tarter and more woody, less like Dimetapp fake grape candy. Still quite smoky. The lilies have a powdery headiness.

Dry: Becomes increasingly woody, in a way that's not dry (so no sandalwood or cedar or rosewood), but more earthy and deep. Musk emerges, deep and sexy indeed.

Later: Woods hold, spices and smoke fade, florals long gone. That candy grape amps back up again, becoming the strongest note once more. It's definitely not cranberry to my nose.

Summary: Sweet grape candy over deep woods with hints of smoke and musk. Fairly unisex if you ignore the almost-cloying sweetness. Quite a morpher; decent throw and lasting power.

I don't like fake grape. I am so sad I never got any cranberry! It was a very interesting experience nonetheless.

I bought this one on ebay and

I NEVER EVER would´ve expected what I´ll get...

A ( nearly ) perfect and GC Hunter Moon 2004 replacement... :D

I´ve been looking for HM like crazy and opening this bottle nearly made me cry.

It´s beautiful - tart and ripe cranberrys, a lil boozy and heavy-sweet.

Dark musk and some herbal smoke.. it´s gorgeous and perfect on my skin.

I can see myself wearing this in autumn - wrapped in a warm jacket, kicking dry leaves...

I am happy.

This really made my day... :D

Love it.

Will try to track MORE - A WHOLE LOT MORE - down for me .... :P

Edited by LucyintheskywithDemons

I like this one a lot.

Incense-y cranberries. Dark purple and magenta. Plum-like. Layers well with rich, fruity perfumes like Badgely Mischka.

Not too sweet, a touch of smoke. Evocative of the fall, but very wearable in the summer

One of my favorites. If you like fruit in your fragrances, try this on for size. It's dark and delicious, like a banquet at midnight.

My 2005 bottle has aged very well.

I got cherry candy (cranberries I'm guessing) - turned to pretty florals and I liked it a lot but it faded really quickly on me so I'll be swapping it.

The mix of musk with spices and cranberries is brilliant, but it was far, far too cranberry fruity on me. I've discovered I'm really not a fan of any fruit blends as a perfume oil so far, but I like orange. Given to a less picky friend who adored it!

I forgot how much I love this!! My bottle is about a year and a half old and it smells just as lovely as ever. Deep dark sweet incensey love. The cranberry brightens up the darkness making it absolutely divine. The sharpness is countered by the mellowing spices and whatever makes this the perfect scent for a night of stalking at the dim lit dark wave clubs. I have rediscovered an old love. I am so happy that I found it lurking in the back of my box and went.. "huh.. Lampades.. my first bottle purchase" YESSSS!!! :P

In the imp: Musk & a bit of cranberry

Wet: I pick up the spiciness with musk. My skin is really amping the musk, so it's hard to pick up the cranberry or lily notes

On the dry down: the muskiness tempers a bit so I can kind of pick up the berry & floral notes along with spices.

A bit too overwhelming for my taste.

In the imp, this is incredibly fruity, but not incredibly sweet...which meshes nicely with the cranberry thing.

Wet, I can smell the ginger way back in the background...but this is a fresh raw ginger rather than a baking style ginger...so while it still has a hint of sweetness, which tempers it, I don't smell like I've been baking.

Dry, I like this enough to keep the imp, but it's not entirely me. I can smell most of the notes, but on me they don't seem to blend well, which is a shame. But all that said, I just know that there will be times that this is all I'm going to want to wear, hence the keeping.

I wanted to love this one. I love cranberries and I thought it'd be perfect. Instead, it was a cheap car air freshener -- the tacky cardboard ones that hang from the rearview mirror. It didn't smell fruity, I detected no spices and none of my beloved lily. Just cardboard, generic "red" scented air freshener.

Wet on skin: Cranberry seemed like grape to me. I considered it a combination between Grapes and Intrigue which is ridiculous considering the notes in both of them being so different.

Dry down: Murky earthy/slightly woody scent with the cranberry note fighting to come out. It comes in and out in waves. I'm not detecting the floral. In its description, I would have preferred to get more spices (they come out a bit after about 15 minutes, but aren't overpowering and are instead well blended), but I'm equally happy with this scent anyway. It's calming, not too abrasive but does have a throw and also not high pitched at all, so I'm thankful for no headaches today.

Note: My husband calls this lampshades and giggles hysterically. ::rolls eyes::, but it's hubby-approved. : )

Mostly a pleasant fruity scent, with a little spiciness in the background. It reminds me of the ubiquitous cranberry-scented candle, which is unfortunate -- a sort of generic fruity-berry scent that doesn't really say "cranberry" to me. After a while of drying down, I do get some ginger and sweetness (the lilies) in the background, but this is mostly berry, not what I was hoping for.

In the imp: Sweetened cranberry juice.

Wet on skin: Cranberry soap -- fake, sweet, no tartness left.

Drydown: I wanted to smell like cranberries but my skin devoured this in under 30 mins.

Scent: 1/5

Staying power: 0/5.

An all-time favorite scent of mine. Spicy autumnal cranberries with a little lily. I love to wear this when the weather is fricking freezing outside :P

The color of the oil is delightful too...dark, rich berry, like cough syrup.

Imp: A tart berry scent, a little ginger, a touch of spice, a bit of floral, and an assault of black musk. Oh, damn. I was really hoping this wouldn't be black musk, we don't get along very well. I'd swear there's cedar in here too, but maybe that's just the combo of black musk and berry.

Wet: HOLY CRAP MUSK, screaming wild black musk, like dirty animals. Then either cedar or vetiver, then a faint touch of cranberry. There's a distinct odor of cat pee. Farther from my wrist this is cranberries and ginger and nice, if a bit candle-store, but up close, damn that musk.

I didn't make it to the drydown. I washed it off with dish soap and slathered coconut mango lotion on instead, which is much to be preferred. The overall effect? Scented candles + cat pee.

If black musk doesn't smell like poop and death on you, I bet this one is great.