Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

#20 Love Oil

A potent, enticing love formula, favored among Louisiana courtesans.

While I absolutely love BPAL, this one wasn't my favorite. Blended from an original voodoo recipe, it's distincively herbal but dries down to a warm, mossy green scent.

I have to give it a thumbs up on the results, though - I am lavished with attention when I wear it.

By itself, I'm not crazy about #20 Love Oil. The herbal scent is a little sharper than I prefer. However, I absolutely love it when combined with Snake Oil - I can't say I've experienced increased attention from others, but the combination certainly makes me feel sexy and powerful!

Odd. I'm wearing it now & it's almost licoricey on me at first, kind of in a sickly way (like hoe Old Kyoto goes on me) but within seconds it goes freshly herby/citrus & at fist I thought "no way" But then, about 40 mins or so later, this gorgeous soft powdery feminine smell is wafting up...could it be? Yep. It was. If you don't like this one at first, wait a while, it may surprise you! :P

Like it, but Come to Me is still the ultimate voodoo blend per moi.

When I first put this on, I said "oh, god, I'm gonna hate this," but within 10 minutes it became this absolutely gorgeous sexy spicy fragrance. There is just the softest hint of green in the drydown and it's not a fresh or cloying green, it's a warm subtle sultry green with soft powdery notes balancing it.

Thanks Tessel!! This one is something really me!

Didn´t read in the description #20 contains roses but on me it dries as a beautifull deep dark red rose. Nothing more.

Wet in the veil it smells a dark mixture of almonds, herbs, and strangly enough no rose at all!!

If it works as love potion will be tested :D

ETA..TMI warning

Oh my! it works 100% everytime I put it on, we...well... :P

believe me I tested it on my poor BF and even when he was not in "the" mood at all (tired, grumpy and even ill once) after a while he litteraly jumped on me :D

Edited by quinkel

Heheh, glad you like it, as it wasn't for me. I don't know if it actually *has* rose in it, but everytime I even think I smell rose, I can't enjoy it any more :P

#20 LOVE OIL

at first: i smell that same maraschino cherries smell as in black phoenix, but with something else a little more biting. nice.

on: still the sweetness from the cherries, but now with more of a floral edge to it. very nice.

an hour later: wow, this is almost gone. it smells a littler more herbal-floral, which is nice. unfortunately, it’s getting a weird generic perfume powdery-ness to it, which i do not like.

2 hours later: nothing. it’s completely gone.

overall: definitely won’t be buying this one. in fact, i think i’m going to be swapping the imp’s ear i have.

In the bottle: Strong smell of almonds with green in the back ground. Nice.

At first: Slight almonds, herbs and floral scent

Dry: Strong rose scent, to me almost pure rose.

Unfortunately rose isn't my thing, shame cos it was great in the bottle and at first! I'll be sticking with Come to me.

strooooongly cherry the whole way through, which would be good if i liked them.. but i don't.

1st sniff: Bittersweet almond

On the skin: Same bitter-sweet almonds, but with a sharper scent. Quite like it at this stage.

Dry: Oh No! Soap! Not even NICE soap! Why couldn't it stay smelling like the second stage?

Out of the Bottle: Ugh, it smells like a terrible kind of cherry cough medicine. :P It gives me a terrible headache. . .

Wet: Still the same

Dry down: Not sure, my head couldn't stand it for that long. . .

This one is up for swaps!

Edited by Witch Baby

In the vial: Very stong Bitter Almond scent. I think I smell Rose underneath.

As is, this would be way too much even for me, but I know it will morph on skin, and I just can't wait to try it on.

On skin: Oh my gods, I'm a very lucky girl. This is another winner!

There's Roses, definately, but also some other flowers. Not strong flowers, but slightly aquatic and soft flowers. I can't tell what's in this perfume, it's blended so well!

So it was a flowery scent hiding beneath the almond, which has toned down to perfection by now. Just a touch of almond left, mixing in well.

Drydown: Still gentle flowers. However, there is something under them...a juicy berry? A spice? Some apple?

Who cares as long as I always have some! This is a delicious scent and I will buy a big bottle of it asap! :P

-Milk

In the bottle, it smelt strongly of cinamon and roses. When first putting #20 Love Oil on, the first note is predominately cinamon. Five minutes later and the cinamon blooms into a spicy rose scent.

This scent combines two of my favourite notes and I'm so glad I swopped for a 5ml of this. :P

This didn't last very long on me,but it was good while it lasted. It smells like a combination of marzipan and sweet herbs...very pretty. However i don't know if it does what it says,as i just wore it around the house lol.

In the bottle: smelled similar to the clean smell of Come to Me, but sweeter and nicer.

On: Green herbs, with the clean smell fading. Then, dried roses come out, but not dominating the scent.

I liked it much better in the bottle. On, it isn't comforting like Come to Me is, so I'm not sure what aspect of it makes it an attractant (didn't really test it much with other people around, so don't know if it works in that area).

#20 Love Oil

Is a cinnamony-spicy-clean scent that my husband really loves.

I put some on today while we were out and he told me several times how good I smelled, wanted to hold my hand as we were walking though the city, and gave me several impromptu kisses.

I picked up a bottle of #20 Love Oil as I passed through the LA area. (believe me, once the Yule LE's are down there I'll be making another trip)

It smelled in the bottle of sweet almonds and spice. The lid wasn't sealed on there correctly and some of it leaked into my purse through the paper bag.. but I don't mind at all, now my purse smells nice and I left the paper-bag in my car as a temporary air freshener.

Kind of soapy on the drydown, still sweet, and eventually it evend out to a light crisp sugared rose. I'm sure it wasn't the reason why the bf was cuddling with me all night, but it did make me feel feminine.

This smells like almost pure rose one me, before quickly fading away in about 30 minutes. I'm not really a soliflore kinda gal, so I've swapped this one.

*I'm so surprised to find, reading through the reviews, that people gets notes of almond and cinnamon!!

i'm not getting rose from this at all. it isn't necessarily spicy, either, but i can see why people would think so. it is extremely clean-smelling, very herbaceous, which seems true of all of the voodoo blends i've tried. at first i thought it smelled horrible, but i suppose it's rather grown on me. i don't think i would ever wear it. off to swap.

Not very much to be said about this scent. It's floral. There's a bit of sharpness when it first goes on, but that fades fast, leaving what can only be described as a pretty standard mild floral aroma, neither outstandingly good nor obnoxious. R. described it as "floral soap", and that's not far off. I might have been happy with it if I hadn't already found half-a-dozen BPAL fragrances I really love; but as it is, it's headed for the swap pile. Why settle for the bronze when you can have the gold?

Well, I'm not really sure how to describe this scent other than Herbal.

I smell roses, maybe some lemon, herby, and spicy....

It makes me feel a little bit.... naughty would be the word, I don't exactly get it, but it gave me the distinct feeling of 'Good girl gone BAD' or maybe with me it should be 'Bad girl gone WORSE' :P Either way it was very complex, very well blended and nice. :D

I wouldn't buy a big bottle or wear it again, because I have others that made me feel much sexier than this and made me feel.... seductive moreso. LOL. But if you like herbal scents with a touch of rose, this may be for you. :D

I took and also put a little Black Rose over it and it brought out the roses moreso, So if you want more of a rosey scent you can always layer it!

Herbal, Green, Rose, and maybe even carnation. I don't think it's regular rose though, because that always turns to powder immediately on my skin...so it may be a rose geranium. For some reason the little bit of spicieness in this scent (that many people have said is cinnamon) is smelling like carnation to me. I'm also smelling a musk after wearing this for awhile. This is interesting...and I think that I will keep it around for another try.

I put on #20 Love Oil today, and my boyfriend immediately said, "Hmm. Well, it doesn't make me love you twenty times more. False advertising." I said, "It's not 20 Times Love Oil, it's #20 Love Oil." He said, "Well, then let's try #21." But he is being much more attentive, lovey and flirty than usual... so methinks he doth protest too much.

Cinnamon and cherry-like almonds in the vial this was almost sickly sweet. That didn't last, changing into a gorgeous spicey concoction for a bit before drying down to a sort of herbal-floral blend. I can't really place any of the notes on this but it's intriguing, complex, and feminine. I can see why it would've been a courtesan blend.

#20 Love Oil:

In the bottle: Ooh! Fruity. I smell cherries..

Wet, on my skin: Like Cherry Almond.

Dry: Almondy notes still coming up, but sadly, the cherry has faded. Starting to smell more of a powdery floral.. rose, perhaps?

Later.. definite powdery rose. I smell like my great grandmother. Ugh.

This one had promise, but it's just not my thing.